Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (100) · No (52)
  • System Errors Never (70), Occasionally (71), Often (3) and Every time (5)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

Been brilliant

Navigation is brilliant, easy to use. I have learnt more about Xiaomi since we bought this product and at first I had my doubts being a Chinese product. But the other reviews confirmed it for me and now I am writing one of my own. I have set it on a schedule to run each morning and it picks up a suprising amount of dirt each day. The mop function is good, it won't do a deep clean, but if you started with clean floors and ran it each day, it would do a good job of maintaining them...

Em S

Em SNortheast, VIC

I LOVE IT!

I use my Roborock S5 on floating floor boards & carpet. It works beautifully on both surfaces.
The convenience & simplicity of the app is incredible. I don't even have to be home to vacuum.
Setting up no mop zones is great & easy to adjust.
For the amount of money the robo vac/mop cost, it is well worth it. More time to do what you want & the vacuuming still gets done well.
It is amazing. I will never get another regular vacuum again. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2021 at Roborock website for $850.00.

nixsterIllawarra, NSW

Changed my life for the better!

I’ve been wanting to buy a Robo Vac/mop for a while now, but could never justify the expense. Once my tax refund came in, I thought I’d take the plunge. I did a lot of online research trying to find the best machine possible and came across the Roborock S5 max. It didn’t disappoint. I use it every day and love coming home to a clean floor. It’s worth the 5 star review.

Purchased in January 2021 for $899.00.

Find out how Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Lifechanging! No idea how I've gone this long without it!

Purchased in December 2020 at Xiaomi Australia for $750.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Allana. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Went from doubtful to absolute convert

Purchased in January 2021 at Roborock for $750.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

We are glad you are happy with your purchase, Robolover! Thank you for choosing us and welcome to the Roborock family! You are what makes us great!

Shane

ShaneWheatbelt, WA

This Roborock vacuum cleaner is fantastic, and makes cleaning the house so easy.

The Roborock S5 Max mapped the whole house. It was then easy to zone the rooms off.
I use the Roborock to vacuum the floorboards and tiled bathroom most day 150 sqm takes about 90 minutes)
I have used the mop function on the tiled area.
This is a fantastic machine that keeps the house so clean.
Best ever.

Purchased in January 2021 for $750.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

We love that you love our product Shane, thank you for choosing us and for your time giving a review. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

I don’t know how I lived without it!

Amazing, my place is clean every afternoon when I walk in the door, way more suction than I expected on both carpet and wooden floor. I have 2 cats and my allergies have gotten way better since having my robo!

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Jessica. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Nicole

NicolePerth, WA

Better than I expected.

Does the job well. This is our first robot vaccuum. We set it up 3x/week and we totally appreciate how clean the floors and carpets are. Most of the time, it can get out of a sticky situation. It has only been stuck once while vaccuuming through the bath mat. We haven't used the mopping function yet.

Purchased in January 2021.

Roborock T.Roborock

We love how you love our product, Nicole. Thank you for choosing us! Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Marlene

MarleneFar North Queensland, QLD

Much better than I expected

I only have timber floors and tiles. I love the mapping and that I can choose where to vacuum, in which order and where to mop. The mop is more like a wet dusting cloth and leaves the timber floors feeling clean and no streaks. Also reaches under beds etc. I also love that I can sit at work and decide to vacuum the kitchen...or the whole house. I use it much more than I expected because it is so easy.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Marlene. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Graeme

GraemeMelbourne, Victoria

Unbelievable

Works extremely well on all our floors. Tiles carpet and all our rugs with the exception of one very thick multi coloured shag rug. Which we just put as an exclusion zone

Roborock T.Roborock

We love that you are happy with your purchase, Graeme, thank you for choosing us. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Changed my life.so easy and efficient

Love that it mops as it vacuums our tiles in living area and when it does the bedrooms and lounge room it gets right under the bed and under the lounge. The app is fantastic, easy to use and very easy to set it to clean either rooms or a particular zone.

Nik

NikSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic tool that saves me lots of time

Purchased in November 2020.

Roborock T.Roborock

That is wonderful to hear, Nik! Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Browdyn W.

Browdyn W.Southwest, VIC

Can’t live with out it!

Purchased this Roborock a couple of weeks ago and I’m amazed at how good it really is! I find it picks up way more dirt then my two Dyson vacuums put together!

Purchased in December 2020.

Roborock T.Roborock

Your satisfaction is our business Browdyn, welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Tizana

TizanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delighted with Roborock S5 Max

I am delighted with the cleaning suction of Roborock S5Max especially as we have a dense mid height pile carpet. Roborock has no problem transitioning from tiles to the high carpet. It’s quieter than other robot vacs and doesn’t collide into skirting boards. I like the mopping function a lot. I use it Friday and Monday mornings. The only suggestion I have to the Company is to post some tutorials on how to go about mapping/customising on YouTube instead of relying on private individuals.

Purchased in November 2020 at Xiaomi Australia for $750.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you so much for your feedback, Tizana. Welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Changed my life....where have you been!!

I have set this everyday @9.30am and come home to a clean floor everyday! Just amazing. I empty the dustbin every second day, amazing what gets collected!! It works great on my tiles & shag rugs. The mopping is great, streak free. You do need to invest in extra mop pads. I now have 3, I use the mopping 3 times a week. House floor is constantly spotless including laundry & bathroom. Now I'm going to invest in one for upstairs!! Such a life changer!!
The App is very easy to use & I've used features such as spot clean & zone clean too.

Purchased in November 2020 for $799.20.

Roborock T.Roborock

We love that you love our product, thank you for choosing us and for your time giving a wonderful review. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Nancy

NancySydney, NSW

Love it! Beach and 3 furry animals no match

We run it 3 times a week on hardwood floors with a few low pile rugs. Golden Retriever and 2 furry cats and near beach. It tackles it all.
Only complaint is emptying the waste container is a bit fiddly. Too many place for dirt/sand to get stuck. Could be more streamlined.
One additional complaint (sorry) is that the App is not great or user friendly. Wouldn’t be hard to improve.
Note: Haven’t tried the mop yet

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time giving us a feedback for this is how we continue to improve. Welcome to the Roborock family, Nancy. You are what makes us great!

Ms J. M.

Ms J. M.

Best. Purchase. Ever.

This amazing product is a dream come true!! I have two pugs who shed hair and the Roborock cleans the hair perfectly on both polished floorboards and carpet. It is quiet and efficient. I like how you can select different zones and rooms to be cleaned at the touch of a button. The app is easy to use. I am so so so happy!

Purchased in December 2020 for $800.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time and for sharing your wonderful experience with Roborock. Welcome to our family, Ms. J. M. You are what makes us great!

LorettaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My new best friend

Purchased in November 2020 for $750.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you Loretta for choosing Roborock and for this wonderful review, welcome to our family. You are what makes us great!

My pleasure

Laurie

LaurieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A blessing

Used on a hardwood floor with some loose carpets plus one room that has fitted carpet. I am amazed by the amount of dirt it picks up. The carpet cleaning is excellent. Navigational skills are also good. What surprises me most is the dirt it can find after I have thoroughly vacuumed (with a Dyson)
Now I leave those areas to the robot.

Purchased in November 2020 at Manufacturer for $799.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for choosing us Laurie and for this wonderful review, welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beyond my expectation

This is a great product. With well thought designs and great functionality, I can see how much love the designer has put on this product. If you check the details of all the parts and the measurements, you’ll be surprised how refined the product is.

It does not get trapped with long hair when my Dyson does. It is also more intelligent than I expected. The app is also easy to use with added functionality from the release of S6 Max.

Highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2020.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for choosing Roborock and for this wonderful review Jay, welcome to our family. You are what makes us great!

Zoeasked

Can it run over a water spill? Say like in bathrooms after someone has had a shower?

BERNY ITALIAN DIVA

BERNY ITALIAN DIVAasked

It's on special for $800 right now.
Has anyone paid the full price of $1000? and is it worth it??

nixster

If you can get it for $800, grab it! It’s the best investment I’ve made in a long time.

Thanks! I just bought it!!! :D

marylasa
marylasa

Berny, where did you get it for $800? Thank you

Steph M

Steph Masked

I want to purchase this to use during the night, as I cannot vacuum with my dogs around as they go crazy, what are the noise levels like. Would it be able to go un-noticed at night or would my dog still hear it?

Luke G
Luke G

Hi Steph
The unit can be turned down a bit to lower noise but it definitely isnt silent by any means.

Zoe

Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives

Features:

• Integrated and automated mopping function is facilitated by a 280mL water tank, which Xiaomi states can clean a 200sqm home in one go. You can also program your S5 Max to perform a mop-only of your house, via the Xiaomi app
  • Selective Room Cleaning feature allows you to set ‘no-mop zones’ and ‘no-go zones.’ No-mop zones let you program your S5 Max to vacuum and mop in one go – but not on carpeted sections.
    No-go zones tell your Xiaomi robot vacuum not to sweep and mop in selected barred areas, for example areas where the kid’s toys are
  • New adaptive route planning algorithms equips the Roborock S5 Max with a laser beam for precise mapping
  • Monitor the S5 Max’s route in real time via the Xiaomi smartphone app. You can also set cleaning schedules, so you can come home to fresh floors
  • Includes a dock charger, a dustbin box, beak-like cleaning tool, washable HEPA filter, water tank, moisture-proof pad, microfibre mop cloth, user manual and mobile app guide.

These are a few of reviewers’ favourite things about the Roborock S5 Max:

• The Robock S5 Max picked up an impressive amount of dust, debris and fluff, and its suction power was cited as superior by reviewers.
  • When faced with a variety of surfaces or mixed flooring such as hardwood and carpet, the Roborock S5 Max cleaned them all effectively with the same level of precision. Barriers were also easy to set up.
  • The dust bin was easy to empty and clean, along with the removable HEPA filter
  • Sturdy wheels don’t become jammed when there’s an excess of pet hair – hairy huskies were mentioned a few times
  • The room mapping feature was appreciated for its accuracy. This isn’t always the case with robot vacuum cleaners, which can miss spots or clean the same spot multiple times.
CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners