Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (86) · No (42)
  • System Errors Occasionally (65), Never (53), Every time (4) and Often (3)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

Shashank

ShashankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Product, but pathetic customer service.

Bought a Roborock V6 Max in Oct 20 and it was going well, till we had a issue. First of all they only have a contact number for technical help and not for customer service. Technical help replied after reminders and then asked to contact customer service, who haven't bothered to respond back after many reminders. No local service provider here in Melbourne. Finally bought a Ecovacs T8 AIVI, much better features & product and cleaning.

So much better than I anticipated!

I have never purchased a robot vacuum cleaner before anticipating I would be underwhelmed with the quality of the clean. This machine has far exceeded my expectations! As a busy working mum with a couple of kids and animals the cleaning power is amazing. A must for all parents (furry and human).

Purchased in October 2020 for A$800.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Louise C.

Louise C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my Roborock S5max, can't live without one now.

We have Tiles and Large rugs around the house, it clean very well on both surfaces at once, we don't have to adjust or remove the rugs. we haven't try the Mop service yet, so really looking forward to that. we are so happy with it, we love it.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$999.00.

Find out how Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Can’t imagine life without it now!

I use this on vinyl flooring/carpet. Does the job well. This is absolutely a big help for busy mums like me. Can’t imagine not having it in my life. Highly recommended!

Purchased in October 2020.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Susan

SusanPerth, WA

Wonderful

I have a 55 kg Rottweiler whose hair and drool drove me mad. Now I put on “Robocop” every night and get up to a pristine floor in the morning. Love it!

Purchased in October 2020 at Ebay for A$800.00.

Billjw

BilljwPerth, WA

Great purchase after months of thinking about it

We've had "Isaac*" now for a few weeks and he cleans about 2 or 3 times a week. Our house is hardwood floors. After his first run I went around with our Dyson cordless and while I did pick up extra dirt, it was very little and certainly not disappointing.

We now have Isaac programmed to do different rooms, depending on traffic and 2-3 times per week. We have a dog, greyhound, who sheds a bit so there'll always be stuff to pick up.

Isaac certainly makes the house feel clean underfoot. Very happy with our purchase.

* Isaac - named after science fiction author, Isaac Asimov!

Purchased in October 2020 for A$799.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum, Tiles and Wood
Arjun A.

Arjun A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceeded Expectations

Been a week since i got Roborock s5. Does a better job than my ducted vaccum. As a labrador retriever owner, pet fur was an issue, this does amazingly well with pet fur. Bin size is a bit small for my use. Never used the mob feature. I need to keep small rugs of its path else it may get stuck on it. Overall happy with this product.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$799.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Time Saving!!

I have 5 cats, it helps me a lot!! clean and mop at once, highly recommend.
I have 5 cats, it helps me a lot!! clean and mop at once, highly recommend.

Gemma D.

Gemma D.Perth, WA

Don’t know what I would do without it

I have had my S5 Max for approx a month and it has been a life changer for me. I run it daily to vacuum and mop approx 200sqm of high traffic areas and twice weekly to include the kids bedrooms and activity room. I love that my floors are always clean. My house is timber and tiles, no carpet.

I have had an issue with the dock moving location on the map. Resolved by re-mapping the house, however that does take a few hours to complete.

It would be awesome if it came with 2 mopping cloths (I’ve since bought spare cloths and filters) as standard.

Otherwise, I love it. Great vacuum that is surprisingly powerful.

Ganesh

GaneshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I bought S5max Excellently working and house is super clean with great mopping . I highly recommend this product. Only feedback is that I felt Roborock should have given some additional mopping pad and filter .

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product, considering the fact it works by itself.

The mapping function can be a little annoying when you want to just get it to clean without necessarily having to create another map. It keeps the house in order with minimal effort. Overall a good product. I would recommend.

Kerry S.

Kerry S.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Meets all expectations, cleans & mops well. Daughter has one & recommended it to us & we have never regretted buying one. His name is Rocky & is a tremendous addition to the family.

Kara Lambert

Kara LambertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best purchase

I bought the roborock to keep the floors in our new home clean. Best addition to our home.
Such a time saver. I love how it quickly adapts to moved boxes. I've used the mopping feature on what I thought was clean floors, the pad was dark with dirt after.
I'm recommending it to all of my friends.

John

JohnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A worthwhile labour-saving investment

We have polished concrete and tiled floors - the vacuum function is excellent. The navigation around furniture and clutter is great. Creating virtual barriers and "no go" zones works well but is a bit fiddly on the phone App. The mop function is good for floors that are already reasonably clean.

Lufe

LufeVictoria

Great product.

It is a great product. In my opinion, vacuum and moping functions are very good. We are very happy with the purchase. Highly recommended. The app is easy to use.

Wasabbi

WasabbiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exactly what you'd expect and more . Amazing

Exactly what I expected from a robot vaccume . Gets litterally everything off the floor. Gets more of of the carpet than the dyson. Would never go back. Get one you won't regret it

Vineesh Nair

Vineesh NairSouthwest, VIC

Amazing Robot with Vacuum Cleaner & Mop

The gearbite customer service team was responsive and prompt in providing clarifications. The product was received promptly.
Roborock is an amazing product. It is user friendly and the app is very handy. The robot finds its path and auto-generates a map, it also remembers the docking station and returns back automatically for charging/after cleaning. You receive notifications on the mobile app if the device needs attention. I am extremely happy with the product.

Purchased in October 2020 at Gearbite.

Pet OwnerNo
gearbite.com.au
bryan W.gearbite.com.au

Great to hear that.

Originally posted on gearbite.com.au using our platform

Natalie Jreige

Natalie JreigeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing product!

The Roborock is an amazing product. It’s easy to operate using my mobile device and a lifesaver after 2 messy little boys in the house - especially after a meal time. The best part of it all is I can put my feet up while Roborock does all the hard work!

nicenurse

nicenurseSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Quality Product that Works Well

Easy to use from the very first time, even talks to you and tells you what it’s doing. It vacuums well. Mopping is a little slower but it cleans all but the stuck on stuff. Makes its way back to the recharge station when finished. Easy to empty the dust bin. My cats are intrigued and follow it around. Sound level is reasonable. Very happy with my purchase so far.

Mahesh Babu

Mahesh BabuSydney, NSW

Great Job its doing

Its doing a great jon the tiles, however when it starts on the black \ carpet seems like it's getting confused and stops. Have not checked the reviews yet to see if settings to be changed.

Steph M

Steph Masked

I want to purchase this to use during the night, as I cannot vacuum with my dogs around as they go crazy, what are the noise levels like. Would it be able to go un-noticed at night or would my dog still hear it?

Luke G
Luke G

Hi Steph
The unit can be turned down a bit to lower noise but it definitely isnt silent by any means.

Lynn K.

Lynn K.asked

can it be moved from upstairs to downstairs or does that stuff up the planning?

Davedb
Davedb

I have RoboRock and I too want to move it up stair. Problem is it thinks it still downstairs and doesn't clean areas not matching ground floor plan. Tried to create second room as upstairs but still went to ground floor. Note my ground floor is 1 zone as with hard floors easily does whole ground floor area in one go. The areas for upstairs to ground floor differ is WIR, Garage, Linen & Theatre room. These are all no go areas for ground floor and these are the areas it misses when cleaning upstairs. Still trying. May have to delete floor plan it mapped out and restart it upstairs.

Chu

Chuasked

I am looking at buying this vacuum but was wondering what the dust catchers capabilities are? Also how does it go with dog hair?

Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives

Features:

• Integrated and automated mopping function is facilitated by a 280mL water tank, which Xiaomi states can clean a 200sqm home in one go. You can also program your S5 Max to perform a mop-only of your house, via the Xiaomi app
  • Selective Room Cleaning feature allows you to set ‘no-mop zones’ and ‘no-go zones.’ No-mop zones let you program your S5 Max to vacuum and mop in one go – but not on carpeted sections.
    No-go zones tell your Xiaomi robot vacuum not to sweep and mop in selected barred areas, for example areas where the kid’s toys are
  • New adaptive route planning algorithms equips the Roborock S5 Max with a laser beam for precise mapping
  • Monitor the S5 Max’s route in real time via the Xiaomi smartphone app. You can also set cleaning schedules, so you can come home to fresh floors
  • Includes a dock charger, a dustbin box, beak-like cleaning tool, washable HEPA filter, water tank, moisture-proof pad, microfibre mop cloth, user manual and mobile app guide.

These are a few of reviewers’ favourite things about the Roborock S5 Max:

• The Robock S5 Max picked up an impressive amount of dust, debris and fluff, and its suction power was cited as superior by reviewers.
  • When faced with a variety of surfaces or mixed flooring such as hardwood and carpet, the Roborock S5 Max cleaned them all effectively with the same level of precision. Barriers were also easy to set up.
  • The dust bin was easy to empty and clean, along with the removable HEPA filter
  • Sturdy wheels don’t become jammed when there’s an excess of pet hair – hairy huskies were mentioned a few times
  • The room mapping feature was appreciated for its accuracy. This isn’t always the case with robot vacuum cleaners, which can miss spots or clean the same spot multiple times.
CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners