Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max

Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max

MPN: CED-36169303785639
Listing monitored by Roborock

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (119) · No (63)
  • System Errors Never (84), Occasionally (84), Often (5) and Every time (6)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

Luke M.
Luke M.North Queensland, QLD

Clean floors every second day

Purchased in June 2021 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for giving us some of your time to provide us your feedback, Luke! We highly appreciate those points as this is how we continue to improve. Welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Roboroack S5

Timber flooring works best for this product given the small catcher. It is a very clever little helper and never fails to get the results we wanted. I will definitely recommend this product for anyone who want to spot clean daily dry or wet. This product is part of our family that we even named him.

Purchased in October 2020 for $749.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Hello Caroline, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Caroline L.

Love this product, we called him Richard. looking out for improved and better Roborock in the near future with more side brushes would be ideal.

Bobbie
BobbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

How did I live without it?

Roborock T.Roborock

That is sweet, Bobbie! Thank you for your feedback and we love to hear that your S5 Max took care of the cat fur very well. Welcome to the Roborock family! You are what makes us great!

Jo8
Jo8

Perfect for hard floors

I’ve only used it a few times, but it’s fantastic on hard floors! My floorboards never looked so clean. It doesn’t clean as well on carpets unfortunately, and I haven’t been able to get it to map my whole house. I still love it and think it was worth getting.

Purchased in June 2021 for $799.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Jo. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Tran D.
Tran D.Victoria

Brand new model, cannot position and lost map

We bought this S5 Max about 1-2 months ago and after a month of smooth functioning, it lost the original map we scanned and kept prompting the message that it cannot load that map and has to rescan again.

We updated both the app and the firmware and nothing helped.

We are contacting Customer Service and trying to resolve the issue. A quick google and on Roborock’s own website, this appears to be a very (probably recent) common problem.

Quite disappointing with a product costing more than $800.

Roborock T.Roborock

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

The Best Robot Vacuums in 2020

A good robot vacuum will clean your floors while you’re at work, or taking care of the kids, or relaxing on the couch. However, the influx of new models every year can make it hard to know which one to pick. In this article, we share feedback from reviewers of the Top 5 Best Robot Vacuums in 2020 to help you learn what to prioritise and what to avoid in a robotic vacuum cleaner.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 June 2020
the-best-robot-vacuums-of-2020-so-far

I love my robot…she’s a game changer!

We have tile and carpets in a large single level home. I love that I can set invisible walls, no go areas and the order of the clean. We have a dog (Jack Russell = lots of shedding) and Zelda manages it well. Once I’d learned how to use the app cleaning is now a breeze. Best gift my husband has bought me!

Roborock T.Roborock

That is wonderful to hear, Lynne! Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Mr J
Mr JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great solution to those who are busy with work

Physically beautiful product.

Does exactly what's been described on the website.

Software update is available when nee functions are available.

Great option for colours.

Product was well protected when sent to me and it was on time.

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Hello Mr. J, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Mary Bates
Mary BatesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good robot

Good vacuum cleaner easy enough to set up but would be even better if it came with a more detailed operation manual. Works quietly and it is great to see a detailed map of where it went. My previous robot had 2 side brushes which I think is a better design but works ok with only one.

Purchased in May 2021.

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Hello Mary, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Love her... Florence...robots have to have a name!

Does excellent job. Large house, 3 large dogs, wooden floors and the vacuum and mop twice a day for the last 2 weeks has been all the cleaning we've needed.

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Wow! We love to hear that you have your Roborock named. Thank you for your time sharing your experience with your Florence. We highly appreciate your feedback as you are what makes us great! Welcome to the Roborock family.

A brilliant investment of

This vacuum removes more dirt and hair from my floors than my manual vacuum with virtually no effort. I don’t regret this purchase for a second. Worth every penny. The mop function is useful but could be better. Some dirty marks are usually left behind. I see that there has been improvement in this in the later models. But overall, I am so impressed with this machine. The sensors, mapping, and app are all brilliant. Cannot fault it with purely vacuum capacity considered.

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Rebecca. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Claire Albertyn
Claire AlbertynSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Absolutely LOVE our new addition. Our toddler has named her pixie, and boy does she work hard. Absolutely love that you can map the house, clean certain rooms/areas and change the power level depending on the room. Also a massive fan of being able to schedule cleans so I can set it while I’m at work. Honestly tempted to buy a second!!

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Hello Claire, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review!

Sachin S.
Sachin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great robot vacuum cleaner. Does what it is supposed to do.

Maps out the cleaning area correctly, goes to hard reach corners as well. Mop is good, could be better though. Goes well
under the couch and other furniture. Overall very satisfied with S5 Max. Would recommend to buy.

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

Hello Sachin, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Owner of our Mary Bot
Owner of our Mary BotGoldfields, WA

My favourite little pet

We use the vacuum on floor boards, carpet and tiles and it goes up raised surfaces between floor changes easily no issues. Multi floor mapping is great as we have a multiple level house, so we just put it on the floor and it spins around a few times, figures out where it is and off it goes.

Purchased in September 2020 for $599.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Wow! We love to hear that you have your Roborock named. Thank you for your time sharing your experience with your Mary Bot. We highly appreciate your feedback as you are what makes us great! Welcome to the Roborock family.

Naomi Burns
Naomi BurnsSydney, NSW

Not sure how I managed before i got this

Love my Roborock, it’s made my life a lot easier. Being home more for work and with 2 kids, means the floors are always pretty dirty. Especially during school holidays and lockdown, so it’s good to know I can put it on while I’m working or out and it just does it’s thing. It’s pretty easy to set up, clean, select rooms or zones etc. love it!

Roborock T.Roborock Australia

That is wonderful to hear, Naomi! Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Bridget M
Bridget MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Game changer

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time sharing your experience and for choosing us, Bridget. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Read more reviews - page 2

Grant
Grantasked

Hi there.

A question for people that already own a Roborock vacuum….

Have you had to use Roborock customer service for any issues that you’ve had?

I’m not expecting problems, but it’s normal for things to happen, and I liked to know what the support is like. It’s important to me.

Keen to hear about your experiences.

Cheers, Grant.

Vicki
Vicki

No, not yet. Touch wood.

Zoe
Zoeasked

Can it run over a water spill? Say like in bathrooms after someone has had a shower?

BERNY ITALIAN DIVAasked

It's on special for $800 right now.
Has anyone paid the full price of $1000? and is it worth it??

nixster
nixster

If you can get it for $800, grab it! It’s the best investment I’ve made in a long time.

Thanks! I just bought it!!! :D

marylasa
marylasa

Berny, where did you get it for $800? Thank you

See all Xiaomi Roborock S5 Max questions

Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives

Features:

• Integrated and automated mopping function is facilitated by a 280mL water tank, which Xiaomi states can clean a 200sqm home in one go. You can also program your S5 Max to perform a mop-only of your house, via the Xiaomi app
  • Selective Room Cleaning feature allows you to set ‘no-mop zones’ and ‘no-go zones.’ No-mop zones let you program your S5 Max to vacuum and mop in one go – but not on carpeted sections.
    No-go zones tell your Xiaomi robot vacuum not to sweep and mop in selected barred areas, for example areas where the kid’s toys are
  • New adaptive route planning algorithms equips the Roborock S5 Max with a laser beam for precise mapping
  • Monitor the S5 Max’s route in real time via the Xiaomi smartphone app. You can also set cleaning schedules, so you can come home to fresh floors
  • Includes a dock charger, a dustbin box, beak-like cleaning tool, washable HEPA filter, water tank, moisture-proof pad, microfibre mop cloth, user manual and mobile app guide.

These are a few of reviewers’ favourite things about the Roborock S5 Max:

• The Robock S5 Max picked up an impressive amount of dust, debris and fluff, and its suction power was cited as superior by reviewers.
  • When faced with a variety of surfaces or mixed flooring such as hardwood and carpet, the Roborock S5 Max cleaned them all effectively with the same level of precision. Barriers were also easy to set up.
  • The dust bin was easy to empty and clean, along with the removable HEPA filter
  • Sturdy wheels don’t become jammed when there’s an excess of pet hair – hairy huskies were mentioned a few times
  • The room mapping feature was appreciated for its accuracy. This isn’t always the case with robot vacuum cleaners, which can miss spots or clean the same spot multiple times.
CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners