Listing monitored by Rollaway Shutters

MischaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rollaway Shutters are now ACA Windows or ACA Home Improvements

My husband and I have started the process of taking ACA to VCAT.
I can't believe all this negativity I am reading on this business, wish we had seen this prior.
I will give you all a more detailed outline of what they are putting us through shortly.

In the meantime, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, you will regret it.
WE WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE TO GO THROUGH WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH

Rollaway Shutters also known as ACA Home Improvements

Customer service is without doubt the worst I have ever experienced. Office staff are argumentative & aggressive. Their motto seems to be that the customer is always wrong! Go anywhere but ACA Home Improvements - Beyond dreadful - my guess is they spend most of their time trying to defend themselves in VCAT & I also guess they more often that not lose. Won’t be long before ACA Home Improvements change their name - even better I hope they go under

David
DavidSouth Yarra

WARNING DO NOT USE

Terrible service. Product expensive but is cheap rubbish straight out of China! Do not use! Botched installation. Made many attempts to have problems rectified. Completely ignored!

Service R.Rollaway Shutters

Hi David, we have searched our system and we are not able find a matching job file. Please contact our office on 03 9786 1110 or email admin@rollaway.com.au with more information. We look forward to hearing from you to resolve this issue.

Service R.Rollaway Shutters

If you are one of our competitors, we keep all our legal rights.

Terrible service expwrience.

Terrible services, customers services is very poor as well, won't recommend this to people. Since deposit is paid until now already 2 months, but still waiting for the installation of roller blinds n flyscreens, Every time I call up, they said someone will get back to me within two days, but finally I have to call them n ask again n again.

Rachel
RachelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible - our story with Rollaway goes back 2 years now!

Tia
TiaMelbourne

Unprofessional at best

My experience spans over 12 months because that's how long it took from when I went ahead with the order to when the product was installed and finalized. There were issues with partially faulty shutters, which isn't even my complaint. My complaint is with the unprofessional manner in which it was rectified. I was never, NEVER, contacted. I had to do all the calling and following up, and still could not get a resolution. The only way was through consumer affairs. As compensation I was offered a $100 myer voucher or to have that amount taken off the final bill owing. What a slap in the face. Avoid at all costs if you prefer good customer service.

Service R.Rollaway Shutters

Hi Tia, Thank you for your feedback and working with Rollaway to rectify your issues. The Rollaway team are sorry to hear your experience with the service. We hope you enjoy the plantation shutters.

StephMelbourne

Going to VCAT!!!!!!!

Steph

(UPDATE) I have been contacted & my shutters are being replaced. Once installed I will reavaluate my review. So far so good!

Erkan.YMelbourne

Mmmm Should I Even Start???

RickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not use this company

Unprofessional, untrustworthy, unreliable, unapproachable these are probably the companies better qualities. The tradies we had come to our house damaged both the inside and outside of our house, and have lied about coming back to repair damage.

Victoria
VictoriaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company EVER PLEASE AVOID

This is one of the most un organised companies EVER.. no one calls you back.. i have been waiting over a year for a job to be completed.. then they have the cheek to send a letter saying they will come on to my property and take away the rollershutter... The job has never been completed?? they receptionist rebecca and jess never call you back or follow up on anything. Please avoid this company... they have no idea how to run a business and will go bust soon

Daisy72Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AVOID!!!

Love the blinds but the company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Have had multiple problems dealing with them. I STRONGLY suggest you don't go any where near them!

Service R.Rollaway Shutters

Hi Daisy, thank you for your kind words reagrding our product. The Rollaway team are sorry to hear your experience with the service has not been as positive. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Thank you

Snensnay

Shocking service - took almost 1 year to complete job, then threatened me with legal action

I wish I had read reviews before signing the contract. There are so many reviews with the same story as mine.

Signed the contract in July 2015, they didn't complete my job until May 2016. When I asked for a discount, they send me a legal letter saying they have engaged their lawyers.

Avoid at all costs!

Snensnay

As usual only concerned about getting your money, you made no reference to the poor quality of the job or no comments on why it took you so long to complete the job. Showing your true colours here.

Donna Mc
Donna Mc

ACA stay away

Quoted 10 weeks for delivery, took 40 weeks. Wrong sizes & wrong items were sent to which the company tried to blame us. Luckily we had most things in written form. There was little to no contact from the office. I would call to find out the progress of our items to be told the person I wanted to speak to was in a meeting or not in the office that day & that they would call me back, which they very rarely did. We negotiated right from the beginning that we wouldn't pay in full first & I'm thankful that we withheld some of the payment until they completed it but even though there was an outstanding balance, they still weren't bothered about finishing & customer satisfaction.

Annie
AnnieMELBOURNE

Wished I had read these reviews before I signed up with ACA...be warned

Brilliant service, great product

daz
dazasked

hmm where to start with these monkeys lol ok i had shutters put in 10 yrs back they were on time done a great job but one thing people u dont know ok once u pay the money do not pay the rest like say around $2000 why because that way u have any problems they want there money and will have to send someone around to fix the problem properly i want to ask many u here shutters u windows have u ever tried open them up with a screw driver or u hand no i bet so try this and i tell u be shocked becaause once a shutter been done there shouldnt be any attempts u could open it up at all,but they did and as i said they want there remain money they had to send someone out to fix it properly and they did since then no problems 10 yrs running but wind up cable dont waste u time and money i gone with a local guy charges $335 german motor and there fantastic remote control or u want connect u power bill,prefer remote anyway do u homework first who u can trust

Roger
Rogerasked

@roachy, how much time between your install and writing your review? If same week...we would have ordered around the same time as you and they've just said our shutters are on the boat and 3 weeks away.

Bianca
Bianca

We got the quote in the first few days of jan... still waiting!! We spoke to Consumer Affairs for legal advice and they said that we were well within our rights to cancel the contract! They also mentioned that we weren't the first ones to have issues with rollaway of late. The installers we spoke to are subcontracted and said the company is getting worse with so many people cancelling contracts on them.

One other funny thing they said is that the owner of the business puts on 2 or 3 positive reviews everytime a negative one gets posted to try and counteract the bad comments. How sad!!

Carley
Carley

We've had our blinds for about a year now. I only found this review site as a friend of ours told us Rollaway were on it and to leave a review to stop others making the same mistake. @roachy, you'll be very lucky if you get your blinds in that time frame. Our blind lines don't match up and they keep 'falling' open. If they're any longer than the three weeks quoted (as Bianca said), I would strongly advise cancelling your order and going through a different supplier.
Bianca I hope you have gone through someone different now, I recommend smaller, family run businesses :)
I wish I'd known this info earlier :(

Daisy72

Blanca, did you cancel your contract? Did you get your deposit back? I too have had nothing but problems with this company & wish I'd never stopped by their store!

Kathy Basked

eyeswideopen ..... what happened with your payment ???
Did they remove shutters ????
I had the same issue today !!!!

Unhappy
Unhappy

I have my shutters, they took 4 months but I have them

Eyeswideopen
Eyeswideopen

Hi Kathy, they didn't removed them but the installer waited an hour for me to finalise the payment & for the office to confirm it before he would leave.

Kathy B

Grrr ....I now have to wait for another shutter for one of my windows to be manufactured ....so over Rollaway !!!
I have held final payment as I don't believe I will ever see that shutter. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Rollaway Shutters representatives