The Shutters Department
See the Best Blind & Shutter Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by The Shutters Department

Pros

Well constructed shutters
Easy DIY installation
Friendly and efficient customer service

4.9
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (581)

Maree_Brodie
Maree_BrodieAU

Exactly what we wanted

Easy process to order with great communication throughout and updating us on delivery and it was a very easy DIY installation.

Karen
KarenNorth Queensland, QLD

Excellent product at a very good price

Purchasing process was excellent. A representative went through the order verifying your order and discussing other options in design. Installation was easy for anyone with reasonable handyman experience. I have had two lots now ,our own and a set for my daughter. By the time I was fitting my daughter I was doing a window in 20 minutes. Great product.

Graham
GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very impressed with the shutters, well packed when they arrived and very easy to install.

I have had commercially installed shutters in other homes and these are equally as good. Please just sort a couple of things out with your website and everything will be perfect. This is my second order and once again was unable to save my order and had to restart and complete with the help of your staff.

Dean
DeanNortheast, VIC

Great product. Better service.

I can't rate the Shutters Department highly enough. From their initial contact through to preproduction, production and delivery, communication was A1. Special thanks to Bella for her assistance from go to whoa.

The end product is fantastic and easy to install. Very little assembly required. If you get the measurements right at the beginning the end product will be perfect. A word of advice... check confirmation emails regarding measurements twice. I made a typo and had a shutter that was 200mm too long. My mistake.

We've ordered 7 and have 4 mote to go.

Brettash
Brettash

100% genuine company

Awesome very easy to deal with the staff are amazing with service outstanding
The ordering of my shutters and blinds was so easy

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Wow look at your rooms' transformations! It looks like something out of a magazine! Thanks so much for your feedback!!

Tracey S.
Tracey S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Better than expected!

Highly recommend anyone wanting great service & produce with huge savings, on time delivery and easy to install with clear instructions, extremely happy

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thank you so very much Tracey! We are thrilled you are happy with your shutters!

Cecelia
CeceliaHunter Region, NSW

Support Australian Made!!!

My husband and I are absolutely thrilled with the service, attention to detail and superb quality of the final product! We are so glad we made the decision to pay a little more and support Australian-made! Exceptional quality, worth every cent.

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

That is what we love to hear!!! Thanks Cecelia!

Amanda
AmandaNorthern Region, NSW

Very happy

After a few hiccups along the way due to Covid and transport difficulties, we received our shutters! We are so happy with them! Customer service was amazing and we were always kept up to date with delivery times if things changed due to unforeseen circumstances! Have recommended to all my family and friends who are currently renovating! Special mention to Katie and Christina who have been amazing during this entire process! ❤️

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback Amanda! Yes Katie & Christina are superstars!!!!! We are so glad we could help you along the whole journey of your shutters journey!

Des
Des

Great quality and they look really good

I ordered the Chinese made shutters and cannot fault the quality.
My son-in-law was so impressed he has now ordered to install in his place.

Awesome result Des!!!

Annette W
Annette WSydney, NSW

So easy to install

We have just finished installing our shutters. Each window took less than 30 minutes! And they fit perfectly and look fantastic.
Thank you, the service and product can’t be faulted

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thanks so much for your feedback Annette! We are so glad this was a seamless process for you!!!

RobynC
RobynCChifley 2606, ACT

Great product at a great price with excellent service!

The website made it very easy to walk through measurement and choices of framing. The staff following up to talk through selection made it very easy to feel safe and supported.

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thanks so much for the kind words! That is what we do best and we are so glad we could help you with your project!

Whitney G.
Whitney G.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Obsessed!

Very impressed with the level of customer service this company has provided from start to finish. We absolutely love our new shutters! We did find one was damaged when sent to us, however they were very prompt with their response and offered to send out a new one the next day! This service is what has led me to still give a 5 star review.

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thanks so much for your review Whitney! We will be sure to get that replacement to you as soon as we can! The images look fantastic. Enjoy your new shutters!

Anthony
AnthonyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Fantastic quality

Easy straight forward process to understand what the product is and customise the order to suit my needs. The order was followed up and approximate delivery dates set. The fittment of the shutters was straight forward and installation was trouble free. Service and follow up was top notch.

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Wow Anthony - your shutters look fantastic! We are so glad we could work on this project with you.

Nell
NellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely fantastic shutters!!

Extremely easy installation did it myself it took 1hr absolutely beautiful product! Fantastic service from the staff, I had 2 phone calls to make sure my measurements were good and emails for delivery updates! I cannot rave enough about the Shutter Dept I’m am going to purchase another 7 window shutters absolutely love them!

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Thank you so much Neil! :) We could not be happier! We look forward to working on more projects with you!

Amazing

Everything was a breeze. From ordering to getting updates, go receiving and installing! Couldn’t fault them one bit!! Cannot wait to buy from them again and have already had friends purchase from them!

• +2Thumbnail
Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

That is what we love to her! We cannot wait to work with you again for your future orders!

Dado
Dadoasked

what size Blades are available?

Shutters Team -.The Shutters DepartmentSend a private message

Hi Dado, Our blade size is 89mm :) most of the information about our Shutters is one our website, otherwise feel free to give us a call or email and we can assist quicker!

Stephen G.asked

Had our shutters delivered but 3 door are damaged - how do I go about sorting this out with you - please advise

joannepedwards
joannepedwards
Stephen G.

Thank you I look forward to your call.

Maria O.
Maria O.asked

Could you please tell me what material your white plantation shutters are made off. And how much appr. It will cost to cover a window size 2.06 metres high by 1.48 metres wide. Can you adjust the louvres individually top and bottom.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Suggest you check their website or contact them directly

See all The Shutters Department questions

Get an answer from our members and The Shutters Department representatives

How does ordering work?

The Shutters Department lets you order DIY plantation shutters after inputting details on your windows in its shutters recommendation engine. This information generates a recommendation on which shutters to buy, including the mounting style, frame style, number of panels and midrail, along with a free instant quote.

About the shutters

The plantation shutters sold by the Shutters Department are constructed from aluminum reinforced PVC, which the company states are strong, durable and resistant to wear and tear. They’re available in 3 shades of white, for compatibility with a wide range of home designs.

The Shutters Department states that its shutters are easy to install, even for DIY novices.

Points of praise

• With an outstanding 4.9-star rating, The Shutters Department has devised a strategy that is popular with homeowners.
  • The vast majority of reviewers reported that it was easy and straightforward to order the shutters online; a theme which was followed through by the easy installation process. Reviewers required minimal to no guidance from staff members to install their shutters.
  • Customer service was cited as another plus point; with clear communication from staff members and telephone follow-ups when required, for example to confirm measurements.
  • The shutters themselves were reported to be made of excellent quality material. They also enhanced the look of a room, to reviewers’ delight.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

The Shutters Department has outdone itself this year, garnering praise from householders and winning a 2022 ProductReview Award fir Best Blinds & Shutter service. Reviewers were most impressed by the outstanding product quality of the shutters.