Rotimatic

Rotimatic

Made our life so easy!

We bought it last year and its amazing. Works like a charm and the support center is very helpful and prompt. Its really good value for money. I am glad we never buy rotis from outside and we have no stress of cooking since we got rotimatic.

Purchased in October 2018 at Zimplistic for $1,129.00.

Does the job

Bought Rotimatic about 8 months ago. Reason of the review being so late is wanted to wait and see how it performs. So, we are 2 adults and 2 kids who typically eat rotis 3-4 times a week minimum. It is not the Gujarati thin roti, but more like 2-3 Gujarati roti equivalent. so few observations post the usage

1.Price- I basically didn't buy The latest Apple phone and spent the money on this. I personally think it's worth it. Base price is 1000USD +shipping+ import duty.
2. Noise- it is loud .. may be equal to a vaccum cleaner or a printer but I get hot roti
3. Quality- The machine takes a while to learn and adjust... I'd say about continuous usage of a week or 2 and you will have raw edges of uncooked roti, but post 2 weeks it is perfect. The roti is not the one that is made on an open gas cook top but very much like on a pan. Even when the roti is premade and kept in casserole, it is soft and edible better any frozen chappati;
4.Other issues- there are times when the dough gets stuck (when it's running low on flour) but not very often.

So, one complete load of flour, oil and water will give you about 11-13 rotis depending on thickness. Ive tried the bajra version, puri and masala puri/roti for daldhokli. Easy maintenance and cleaning. No major issues so far. Happy with it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,400.00.

Terrible machine

I bought the machine in aug 2018. The machine worked well for just 1 month and there after it has being issues one after the other. I also found that the kicker was a damaged piece after a month after I bought it. I waste more than 1 hour just making 10 roti which I could make manually in half the time. I have requested the machine be taking back but I was told this can't be taken back after a month. The customer service representative just keep pushing some software patches that makes the machine work even more horribly.
Please don't buy this machine ever.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,500.00.

Bread Quality & Consistency

Rotimatic machine-appear like faulty machine

I have purchased last year with great enthusiasm. worked for few months. stopped working exactly at 13th month. contacted customer care and sent video of fault. contacted next day advising of replacement of machine. asked about fault of machine. Nobody knows how to troubleshoot or rectify. just sent mail advising replacement cost of 599 US dollars including 2yr warranty again. I am doubtful that such a machine will finish its lifetime in just 12 months. I am scared to pay some more money to buy again. Be careful and check with other owner experience before buy. especially those who have used for more than a year

Purchased in September 2017 at Singapore-online store- rotimatic .

Horrible customer service

I typically do not write product reviews and have a high tolerance, but there is a need to speak up for this one.

If you are considering to purchase a Rotimatic, my honest advice to you is do not waste your money. You will only enjoy the machine as long as the warranty lasts and after that it is a guaranteed downfall.

We purchased it right after the promo.
Our expectations went downhill pretty quickly.

Here are the ongoing issues we have had :
1)The machine works sub-par and would stop multiple times even while making 10 - 15 rotis.
2) multiple problems with dough with having to throw out 40% of the dough.
3) intense cleaning required for the machine to keep running optimally.
4) cannot trust the machine when you have a dinner party, the machine may "act up" and stop with an error anytime which may cause you to have a back up plan .
5) one person is almost always completely occupied in manouvering the machine while it is working. You cannot expect it to do the job on its own.

Despite the Challenges, we continued to root and promote the machine and the company in hopes of future updates and improvements. Luckily my family is not picky and was accepting the sub-par qualities of the Rotis the machine made.

However, With a latest update , the machine has crashed with a thermal fuse problem and now asking to be replaced which will cost us $600 US with having to purchase additional warranty.

When we looked into this further, we found the group Rotimatic Issues, Bad Experiences where multiple clients towards the end of their warranty have experienced the exact same issues. I am now also reading that renewing the warranty does not improve the machines capability.

The Rotimatic issues and bad experiences group on Facebook has about 1000 dissatisfied customers !!!

For a machine that ranges high in price range and is an investment, a lifeline of merely 2 years is despicable.

- One of the very dissatisfied customers of Zimplistic Inventions

Purchased in May 2016 for $999.00.

Bread Quality & Consistency

One of the best decision of my life especially you believe in healthy eating not just for you but for your family.

As of today, we have made 372 rotis using Rotimatic since buying late Dec 2018. Not only it saves times, which is not a small thing as well in this busy world and with a young family, but it also makes really good rotis, unless you are very picky. It doesn't make rotis like my wife or mum or mum in law but it is not supposed to replace them, right? It is about having an alternative when they are not around or not able to make rotis for you or when they need some help or when you can't make rotis every day. They are far better than those frozen rotis that we buy from Indian grocery stores. At least you know rotis are fresh and you know what kind of oil, flour and water is used in your rotis. And by the way, if Gujarati can eat the rotis made by Rotimatic then any other Indian can. Gujjus make very thin rotis compared to what is eaten across the rest of India. I am only writing this review because I definitely think it is a good product. Yes there are few things that it should do and yes it is not perfect or full proof but it will. Also, they have a good app and some good customer service.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,199.00.

Bread Quality & Consistency

It works, fresh roti's daily, quality product.

I have been wanting to get this machine for over a year now. But being this expensive and so new into the market, I wanted to ensure it was fully tweaked before purchasing.

Reading reviews here, I was extremely confused. I didn't know if it was worth buying or not. Even CNN reviewed this product 3 out of 5. So I held back.

One thing for sure, I really wished to have fresh roti's made almost daily. My body started to reject lebanese bread which is all I could get from local supermarkets. My wife and I just didn't have the time to keep making roti's. So despite all the bad reviews and such expensive price, I decided if it can make roti's and is 90% consistent at it, I'll be happy enough. One thing I did do was purchase the machine with 3 year warranty extension. As long as it lasts 3 years for this price, I'll be satisfied.

So purchased it, and it arrived within 5 days. Sales and Support have been informative.
Unpacking and Installation was pretty easy. I ensured I watched all videos on how to install and maintain the unit properly.

Initially, I didn't have the recommended atta brand. But that's all I had so I tried it. And it worked like a dream, but after about 20 roti's the just kept getting stuck. I cleaned the whole unit, but kept getting stuck. I was so confused as to why this was happening. In the end I got the recommended Atta and since then I've made 655 roti's with only 3 errors!

This machine can keep up with about 2 to 3 hungry adults.

How's the quality of Roti?: My parents, normally quite fussy, are super impressed. My friends, who just arrived in the country, are also impressed with the taste. The only thing I've noticed is the Roti needs to be consumed within 10 mins of cooking. After which it becomes too chewy (the downside of cooking doe right away without letting it rest overnight?) But the whole point of this machine is to eat fresh roti's right out of the pan!

Cons?
It is noisy. Like running a blending machine. So hard to have a conversation on the table while eating, or watching TV. Cooking roti's in advance might be one solution, but the freshness fades quickly.

You must use the correct atta as recommended! I wanted to use my Paki brand, but looks like I'm limited to India only.

To be continued...

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,500.00.

Bread Quality & Consistency

This is a terrible product - cheating at its height!

This is a terrible product. So expensive and comes with a one year warranty only. Once the warranty expires the machine does have a bug or something, like others in the reviews suggest, that makes the machine stop working. They ask you to pay another 600 USD for extended warranty. I am sure this is not only happened to me but happening to may of us. Its a ploy to loot money on an ongoing basis. Needs to be addressed by a systematic complaints process. Cheaters!!

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,300.00.

Bread Quality & Consistency

Dont buy, because right after your warranty expires machine will stop working and then their masters

Don't get fooled and buy because every year you will be paying extended warranty cost or your machine will stop working right after warranty expires then their masterstroke comes and they ask to pay you $600 for replacement.
I went through all emotional stress and unbearable customer service response after warranty expires and machine stops working.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

It took a whole year for them to set it right

Bought the Machine dec 18 and now it wouldn't heat up. Used it for few months only. Now they say I need to buy the extended warranty to get it fixed.
It's not worth it. Too much time consuming. It's only good if it makes the roties right if not it's a nightmare.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Holy crap

crap, no site support, works for first 1000 rotis after that trouble starts.
not worth the price. its a throwaway after 4 months.
global support chat will not help anything. don't buy., this is a honest review, so fed up with so much of dough wasted every time. rotisserie are very saggy, you cannot eat them only buffalos can eat that rotisserie, makes loud sounds while making.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very Good

Very big machine but so far happy with it. Havent had any issues luckily. Does take a few mins to warm up , there after its quick and quite consistent except the first roti. Kids love it! Enjoy pushing the buttons to make their own roti anytime!!!!! Overall Im very satisfied

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Machine is okay as there is no competition but company is terrible!!!

3 stars, inconsistent rotis everytime, have been using for more than a month but the machine is still learning I guess and will keep doing so. Cheap plastic, have received a replacement of kneader section already as sharp plastic went into roti, luckily no injuries and an unauthorised payment of AUD $521.67 after making full payment, which I had to dispute through my bank and cancel my card.

So far, It is the biggest mistake made that cost me AUD $ 1422. This is why the company offers 10% for referrals to friends and buyers.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FRO THIS PRODUCT

We have purchased this product, and it stopped working good in the first week. Then we contacted customer care to fix it; first, calls didn't happen on time scheduled three times and all three time they missed the timing of the call.

Finally, call happened in the 4th attempt, and the guy who is handling is good. But he is limited with what he can do. He said he could have his technical team to look into this issue, and provides on the phone assurance it would not this issue would not happen again, but when asked how can you assure this he started talking like a fortune teller. The only thing we asked is given me an assurance that this would not happen again, either by giving an extended warranty or send us an email with those statements. He is very reluctant to do so.

I support all this new technology, but the way this product failed in the first few weeks and customer care asks us so many questions when the policy says get full refund within 30 days and no question asked, then they make statements this issue would not happen, when ask them please confirm in mail they say it is not possible.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS

Date PurchasedOct 2018

horrible customer service and still have a faulty machine

The Rotimatic UK is unfit for purpose. We have been getting various error messages throughout the last few weeks including flour tunnel is blocked and other error messages. The machines does not make a full roti anymore at any stage. We have been on the phone for a week with rotimatic technical support and been through various different settings and nothing has worked. We have spoken to various people and spent more than reasonable time and effort trying to resolve and troubleshoot the problem but still nothing has been resolved. The service advisors have laughed at us, been rude and condescending and repeated the same task for us to do over and over again. We have wasted a week of our lives, we are distressed and very disappointed. My wife cannot sleep and is unhappy and stressed from this situation. She feels like she has spent more time with rotimatic on hold than our children this week and now has severe anxiety from this experience. We are not Rotimatic engineers and we have taken more than reasonable steps to troubleshoot but they simply keep asking to repeat the steps and now customer service has suggested a new part which they want us to install. I highlighted our rights and stated that this breaks UK law that the machine us unfit for purpose and even advised customer service to simply collect and repair. I confirm the advisors are not willing to replace the machine or collect and repair. The machine does not work, is unfit for purpose and we have wasted valuable time and effort trying to troubleshoot the machine and on with the customer service advisor. They have laughed at us and kept repeating the same tasks over and over again. The machine looks almost new and is cleaned regularly and several times might I add whilst on to customer service, The advisor also tried to bait us by asking us whether we broke the tray or some of the parts of the machine. This is the worst customer service experience in our lives and caused us severe distress and discomfort. We are still left with a machine that is unfit for purpose.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Rubbish Machine. DONT BUY ROTIMATIC

Uncooked rotis. Lucky i returned within one month but still lost shipping charges.
Will not recommend to any one. If u make rotis for next day u cannot eat. Left over roti becomes like rubber. U can feel its chewt when u eat even fresh lot. Please stay away from this machine. What a rip off.....

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Experience with our Ordering process : Is it worth considering buying after the experience

Considering the experience with the ordering process - confused whether trust Rotimatic as understand if their support service is waste of time to speak to.

So here is the summary of our experience
1. Order 5 units of Rotimatic on 14th May 2018 with a normal delivery option ( that arrives within 3-4 weeks)
2. On 16th June - since the units did not arrive - started looking at what happened to the order
- No email communication from Rotimatic since the order
- When checked the credit card charged - found the amount was not charged.
- chased up with their online agent through the website - we have been told that there was some issues with our order and and it got cancelled but they did not bother us to inform. So to continue with the process they requested us for the following information
1 Driver's licence number
2 Order confirmation number
3 Bank charge/Credit card statement ( showing up the charge rate)
We provided them with the above 2 information and for the 3rd one we mentioned, we can not provide you the info as this as can not see any charge to the credit card. We mentioned we are OK to re-provide credit card details to continue with the order but did not want to wait for another 3-4 weeks for order to be arrived.

The agent promised that he would escalate the matter to the senior and would expedite the matter.

The day after we received an email from an agent and the person again asked us for the above info.
1 Driver's licence number
2 Order confirmation number
3 Bank charge/Credit card statement ( showing up the charge rate)
Again, we provided them with 2 info above and for the 3rd one we did mention the same as per above. It's been 2 days since the communication. No one has replied to anything.

As an alternative to talking to the agent and get this sorted, i can go to their website and order the units again. But now I am confused if should REALLY invest this much money with a company.

- DO NOT bother to inform customer (if something goes wrong with the order)
- DO NOT work in a resolution mode at all.

This is an experience on ordering process, I would assume any company does invest a great customer experience atleast for the ordering process. If this was not satisfied - I can't expect after sales service would be great too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good Unit -

Just got the Unit and did a batch of 12 rotis. Did not have the flour recommended by rotimatic but the unit still did a good job. The rotis were edible - good start. Not as good as hand made - but that is in most reviews
Early days - so lets wait and see the reliability.
Cleanup was easy - one o ring rubber needs to be removed and will be the first item to fail - pity no spares.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Update: 28/06/2018 - Still going ok, But it has in issue with the flour sensor, Thinks its running low on the flour and asks for more. If you press "Done" without adding any more flour its happy again for a while and then says low flour. Asks to add flour. Press "Done" again and its happy again. - The only annoying part so far. Also the rubber seal is not available for purchase. Might have to go to a hardware store.Update 16/07/2018 - Few rotis did not come out well. two not cooked to edges and one not flattened properly. Still ok. Need to settle on a flour that works for you. If the dough balls are not rounded properly then the roti will be not round.28/09/2018 - Problem persists and Rotimatic support have not been able to fix. Just stupid questions. No firmware updates have fixed the issues. Still on occasions fails to roll the roti. Just get a chunk of dough. Rotimatic's assertion of AI and adaptive learning is just hype.

Machine that never works. Worst!!!

I have ordered it as a gift for my wife on house-warming, after a long waiting line, but right after 2 months of use it stopped making the Roti's. Reported to customer care (online) they said they "fixed" I don't see any difference. Then series of issues crops up.
- Dough not right
- Roti gets stuck
- kneading parts misaligned
- Excess water or oil drips on the plate

Given Roti is a part of staple diet, the handmade rotis are much better and less painful.
It was just waste of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Do not waste your money!!!!

I signed up to the waiting list in Australia over 2 years ago. When the machine was on pre-order I would have been one of the first people to purchase the product here in Australia. It took over 8 weeks for the product to be delivered which was later than what they promised. Nevertheless, I was so excited. We used it the very first day we received it and were so happy. It worked perfectly for the first 2 weeks. However, our excitement was short-lived. We started having so many problems with the machine, dough getting stuck, too much water being added, uncooked edges on the roti etc etc. That's when I discovered how time-consuming and frustrating the customer service would be. A log on the chat meant you'd have to wait for 2-3 days for someone to respond. I am not sure where they are based but then they try and call you during work hours, wanting you to turn the machine on. Then when you get home and they come on they say changes have been made and you need to try making 15-20 rotis to test - which i did for about 3 different times I had issues. I spent hours on the chat, on the phone, only to be told, clean the machine and re-try. They have a facebook page however they don't allow any posts with negative comments. After a heated argument with one of their reps, they finally agreed to replace the machine. Their logistics supplier only operates 9-5 weekdays so expect to take a day -off and wait for collection. When I asked for an alternative option, they asked me to take the machine (22kgs) to work. I have now been waiting 3 weeks since they sent the shopping label (which they said was only valid for a week) and they are yet to come up with a solution. I am sure I have had a few extra grey hairs since I got this machine. If i had paid a couple of hundred, perhaps my expectation would not have been so high. However forking out over 1300aud and getting something that doesn't do the job is unacceptable and disappointing. If someone launches a class-action, please sign me up.

Date PurchasedNov 2017