Ryobi 18V One+ AirStrike 18GA

Listing monitored by Ryobi

8 questions from our users

Dave G.
Dave G.asked

Hi my Ryobi cordless Brad air strike is not punching the nails in not even half way and the settings are on full and using the longer nails or shorter nails still wont punch them in was working a treat when I first got it but now it wont even go into a bit of pine and iv cleaned the Track where the nail down iv sprayed it with some WD-40 iv tried a new battery but still having the same problem the only thing I could think of is could there be a air leak in a hose from the compressor and its not getting the full burst to punch the nails in cheers

Samboasked

Using it for fence pailings - 6ASCRISIS said not recommended it. Is that for hardwood fencing or it's ok for treated pine palings?

6AMCRISIS

Same goes for treated pine palings - it will do the job in an emergency and *hold* the paling in place if you need to replace one or two for a quick fix until you can nail them properly and use the longest brad (50mm I think?) (will be doing this myself this weekend) BUT the brads this nailer uses are not like the larger nails normally used for fencing. They are very thin, not as long, and won't have the longer term holding power of nails. The heads of the brads are very small and would probably slide out of the wood if you pushed the paling hard enough.

Sambo

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

Webby
Webbyasked

Has anyone used this to attach thatching to a pogola hut which is suppose to be stapled down into place.

Steven_K
Steven_Kasked

Does anyone know if the staple gun can be used on jarrah? Thanks

Rachel C
Rachel Casked

Would you recommend using for fence pailings or does it not really work for that type of job?

6AMCRISIS

Hi - no, I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose. While it will help you secure a few fence palings in an emergency to stop the pets escaping, it's designed for lighter work like internal cabinets and trim around the house. You'll need a heavier duty nailer for a long term fence fix. You can hire one from your local Bunnings and they'll advise which to use. Hope this helps! :)

Dan
Danasked

Anyone know if you can buy the staple gun rail and put on Brad nailer? Seems silly to have two machines and the bodies look the same.

Customer24asked

20-06-2015 Has anyone had problems with their Ryobi Airstrike 18GA?
We have returned one within seven days of use and are about to return another in about the same time frame of using ???

John Javro

So far I have had no problems with either my 18Ga stapler or my 16Ga brad nailer. I should point out though that neither has had extensive use as yet. Hope your problem will be resolved. Bunnings do honour their warranty though, Keep taking it back until you get a good one!

Customer24

We took the second one back to Bunnings on Sunday and spoke to one of the customer service ladies ... she said the same as you and suggested that we may be using a too weak battery. We decided to buy a third one (same make/model) and bought a 18 volt 5 amp battery (were using the drill's and the hedge cutters battery). We have not had a chance to use the device this week but will soon find out, and hopefully this was the problem all along!?

marc cohen
marc cohenasked

Does anyone know the price? ?

Hi Marc,
The 18gauge bradnailer costs $199
The 18gauge narrow crown stapler is $219
The 16 gauge bradnailer is $249
You can only buy them at Bunnings (unfortunately, I like a bit of competition)

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Nail / Staple Guns