MPN: RLT26CDSN

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ryobi line trimmer RLT26CDSN

I struggled with this line trimmer for three years. Apart for a lot of vibration, starting this machine was a nightmare. It is now where it belongs, the scrap heap.
I wouldn’t recommended it to anyone unless you are prepared to spend heaps of time and effort to get it going. I ran out of patience a few times and abandoned the intent of starting it. Never again will I buy a Ryobi.

Purchased in August 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $169.00.

parts not available

I bought this line trimmer in 2017, the muffler has fallen apart inside and now you can't get a replacement part because it is obsolete. Bunnings suggested I try Ebay.

Purchased in June 2017.

Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Tall grass

This is great!!

Bought this trimmer 3 or 4 years ago.
With a good maintenance ( cleaning of air filter and carburettor) keep working as new.
Will do any har job you need in your garden regards the size.
Good price/quality.
In love with it!

Purchased in February 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

RYOBI Whipper Snipper

I could not be more disappointed. My last RYOBI entry level price, lasted 4 years was always reliable until the end, went and purchased entry level again $189 at Bunnings, RLT254CSEON, the instructions were terrible, if you were a first time purchaser you would have no chance of putting this together. Due to previous experience I managed, but the quality of parts and “plastic”, not even close to my previous purchase. I will be returning to Bunnings, and if need to spend a little more cash to buy a better product, but not Ryobi, this was it for me. Need to think about the consumer and a name that always had a good reliable branding about it, Never again, junk complete junk, Ryobi forever disappointed and will never buy one of your products again.

Purchased in April 2019 for $178.00.

About this line trimer

Absolute rubish,broken fuel lines, broken primer, burns spark plugs like no tomorrow, hard to start hard to keep on runing. Waste of money. Only think what was ok retreding the trimin line and not tu heavy.

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

CAN`T GET PARTS.

I Bought this machine and used only 2 times and the Bump Knob broke ,i could not find at bunnings or online to replace.they are telling me to buy the whole head which is around $70.00 supposed to be good brand.very disappointed .I do not recommend. still it is up to you folks.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It’s head flew off

I bought this whippet snippet from Bunnings about two months ago. I should of known it’s a Chinese POS when the instructions where pictorial puzzles, no words. During the first use I went through several meters of string and the head kept swallowing the string. Spent 2 hours edging, 1 of which was just for feeding and fiddling. My wife thought I was useless. Second time round the head melted and flew off into the neighbors yard, I won’t bother with this piece of crap anymore.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hard to start, need a degree.

I bought the Ryobi brand new from Bunnings to leave at my mums house instead of carting my Markita around, what a nightmare to start, my Markita adjust choke, 3 pumps of the fuel and 2 pulls of the cord tops and it goes, you need a degree to start the Ryobi, even when warm l have trouble starting it, l am selling it after 3 uses and buying another Markita, all this to save a few bucks will now cost me more, will never purchase another Ryobi item again. Was not the cheapest one there either.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

junk junk junk junk

what a complete piece of junk , why can't I give this no stars , hard to start (when it starts), then you have to hold it at a specific angle to cut anything , (was this never tested out). which then means it gauges out the ground , not fit for purpose .. bought from Bunnings who have gone bust ( probably due to their poor customer relations). I've just joyfully smashed this hateful piece of junk into many smaller pieces, and it did feel good

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Junk. Do not buy

It worked for a few months, then wouldn't start. Having lost the receipt, I couldn't return it. I'd bought 2 attachments for it so I thought it would be worth having it serviced. I was wrong... After the service it worked for a few hours, now won't start again. I just wish I'd read the reviews on this site before buying.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Absolute piece of crap

Near impossible to put together. Once i got it together the head keeps coming off. Instructions were ridiculously crap, I'm in the army, all i do is follow instructions, but not these ones. Don't buy this product, spend the extra money and buy a different one. I was really looking forward to using this, however i am gutted.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Will not start, ever

Was ok but will not start, lost receipt when we moved house so they said “too bad“. Always use good fuel and oil, is kept in a dry environment but still will not start. Spend the extra money and avoid Bunnings. Was second Ryobi product and will be the last.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Disappointed

Shaft got hot, head melted and came off while in use, fortunately it didn't hit anyone, disappointing as it was recommended to me by 3 different Bunning stores, i had a different one in mind which was a little more expensive, Bunnings did give me the option to replace it or get a refund, now looking for a better, safer replacement

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Solid home use machine

Purchased this mostly due to the price and warranty. The machine has run well over the time I have had it. I had it for just under 2 years before I started having some issues with the clutch. I was able to return it under warranty and get a new one with a new 2 year warranty. So ultimately a 4 year warranty. The machine was easy to start and I would buy a Ryobi again if I was in the market.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Please Don't Buy

Brought the first one of these about 4months ago used it about 10 times, worked well so I bought the rotary attachment used it 3 times and then it wouldn’t start I assumed maybe I did something wrong and went back and bought a new one 2 weeks ago. Used the new one twice and it has the same problem, luckily I kept the receipt but I’m still out $350 dollars.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ryobi whipper snipper is a piece of junk

I am very dissapointed with my Ryobi Whipper snipper. It is less than 2 years old and hardly used yet it is almost impossible to start. Same fuel mix as my Victa lawnmower, which is 11 years old and which has never missed a beat despite not one service. Rubbish.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Absolute Rubbish

Its heavy, cumbersome, badly made (connecting pieces dont fit snugly, loose) support strap is useless. Bought from Bunnings Jan 2017, its had 3 uses and each time it was harder to start and on the fourth time it won't start at all. Stuffed by October. The local lawn mower specialist said it needs a new carby kit, not worth spending the money. This is the second Ryobi line trimmer that has failed with in 12 months of purchase and unfortunately I misplaced the receipt for both purchases. Fuel was not left in the tank and correct 2 stroke mixed applied. Stored in car garage. I will never by another Ryobi product again its cheap chinese product branded with a company logo that used to have a good reputation

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Total waste of time and money

Bought from bunnings 2weeks ago, assembled it, what a pain, lousy instructions, got it running for about 15 minutes and then the clutch over heated. So back to the shop it went for a exchange, no problem with that. Got the new one home and assembled, off to work, 30 minutes or so later we had a smoking clutch and it was basically stalling in medium length grass. Going back and get the money back.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Thought this was a reputable brand but it's cheap Chinese junk

After a bit over 3 years it is beyond repair. Not good enough. Right from when I assembled it, it felt poorly made and trashy. It couldn't handle thick grass and I had problems with the head falling off. It was often difficult to start and wouldn't keep running. In heavy grass the line tends to strip off the spool. The previous one was a generic brand which I think was actually better made. If the people at Ryobi think that I'm going to rush down to Bunnings to buy another one they are mistaken. In fact I don't think I would buy any Ryobi product again.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

And then my head fell off

The head of a line trimmer is a pretty important part, you'd think. But Ryobi couldn't be bothered telling you how to attach it in the 'instruction manual'. Not a word, nothing. There is a parts diagram on page 7 which if you study with a magnifying glass shows a screw which comes rattling around inside the head out of the box, attached to the main head housing, part 11. So I figured you have to slide part 11 onto the drive shaft, screw the screw on, THEN attach part 10, THEN attach part8, AND ONLY THEN, Attach part 9. If you do not strictly follow this order, you cannot attach the head. A few words in the manual to this effect would have saved an hour's detective work. Totally ridiculous in a brand new product. Not surprised to see Ryobi have discontinued it. But at least the head is attached. Now to use it to see if it stays attached ....

Date PurchasedMar 2017
PS. Nope, it didn't stay attached at all. Unsurprising, because there is no lock nut on the main spindle, so a little bit of vibration and off pops the head. I improvised and purchased a lock nut, which now seems to keep the head on. But why was all this necessary? Ridiculous. Steer clear of this product.