MPN: RCS5145N

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

aceraceQld, 4521

Fit for purpose

The little easy to use(safe) chainsaw another addition to our Ryobi fleet.

Great for modest branches and even light firewood.

Always amazed what it does with little effort, Sometimes I think NO Way but yes,my wife uses it easily.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

JKs Garden Service

JKs Garden ServiceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This is a fantastic little chainsaw

I purchased my Ryobi chainsaw because my old McCullough brand had died after much use. I was a little bit sceptical at first because I though tit might have been a bit light for the work I needed to do with it. But after cutting down and old mango tree with it I've decided that I love it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings for $249.00.

Complete product fail

This chainsaw is lightweight. That is the only good feature. After that, it is an endless road of pain and suffering. Almost impossible to start. Engine resists as though it were seized.
Even though its new. Rear guard gap too small to get my steel toe boot tip into...even a little, to hold saw down when starting. Once finally started, the idle rate is incorrectly set, as well as the peak rate. About 5 small tree limbs in, and the chain comes off.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.00.

Great saw for the price

Purchased in February 2019 for $299.00.

Rawry

RawryLaunceston, TAS

Happy lumberjack

I'm really happy with purchase. I read some bad reviews but if used correctly e.g. correct fuel and lubricants, maintain at correct intervals it's a great tool for the price

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Mad gary

Mad garyBrisbane

Ran ok but the chain lubrication sucks.

Ran ok but the chain lubrication sucks. 1 month out of warranty took it apart and the plastic chain lubrication gear was worn out. You need to take just about everything apart to get to this

Purchased in September 2016 for $299.00.

Migz

Migz

3 of these chainsaws ruined in 1 day...

Purchased from Bunnings $269 within 2 min stopped the saw and tensioned chain 10 min of cutting later front front chain wheel guide seized. Took it back same day got a replacement, same again but this time the chain came off on step angle cut. Returned again, replaced again, then the 3rd one chain came off but would not sit back into bar...took it back all on the same day....asked for money back...NO MORE RYOBI CHAINSAWS FOR ME EVER, my old ozito electric chainsaw leaves this for dead.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Breathe in the air

Breathe in the airMid North Coast, NSW

Better than you think

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Lucky g

Lucky gWestern District, VIC

Lubrication problems.

Returned my Ryobi on this date for a warranty claim.I have had an ongoing problem with the chain lubrication system.Oil everywhere except on the chain it was much the same problem l had with the last saw that i had.The saw is great when it is going well but seems to suffer a range of problems.The best point i can give this saw is the two year warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
sierra

sierra

Great price for a decent chainsaw that's built for some hard work.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Couta

CoutaSomers

Buy something other than the Ryobi RCS5145N

Great chainsaw with Oregon chain... When It Works! Didn't use it much as hard to start. Subsequent issues e.g. throttle jamming open or have to wait ages for it to warm up or it stalls. The choke lever is occasionally comes loose.
Now seems to flood or get no fuel at all and can't start it.

Date PurchasedApr 2005

i love my 51cc stroke powered lightsaber of timber death

i have owned many chainsaws but this thing has survived many many hours of abuse where others have failed miserably , i have gone through multiple chains and cutting firewood and posts , i measure out my 2 stroke oil mix accurately and i use 20-50 motor for bar oil, i sharpen the chains by hand and for an aggressive cut, and it effortlylessly sliced up ironbark logs up to 12 inches in diameter , in sensible hands that maintains it it works and starts just as well as the day it came out of the box

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Wade

WadeRegency Downs

Ryobi RCS5145N

2nd time using it suddenly stop. Chain come off put back on, started but would stall and clutch smoke, took chain off motor runs. Presume the clutch has died. I brought a Ryobi because it had a name for quality products. Will not buy a Ryobi product every again and judging on previous complaints not the only person,

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Useless piece of junk

Started second pull when brand new great beginning that very soon turned sour. Did the job for the first 2 fuel tanks but was getting harder to start each time. I was meticulous in cleaning the filter and ensuring the correct fuel mix and only using the best oils. Third tank of fuel wouldn't start, took it to my local mower shop ( always do a great job) the motor had seized!! I saw the damaged engine and couldn't believe it. I hope the store honours their warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

LESTERCOWRA

LACK OF SERVICE CENTRAL WEST NSW

My chain saw has given good service and is the second Ryobi I have purchased from Bunnings. The supply of routine service items like Air Filter, Fuel Filter are not available off the shelf. There are no listed service facility within 250 km of my home in COWRA. Retailers of other brands of Chain Saw, locally refuse to service Ryobi. Both my chain saws for some unexplained reason will not start, despite all the usual checks, fresh fuel, new spark plug, new fuel filter, cleaned air filter whilst I await supply of a replacement. It seems I will have drive more than 250km to get the machines operational or abandon the Ryobi machines and choose a competitor product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
John M

John MMelbourne, Vic, 3122

Lubrication system and air filter weaknesses

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Mark Stephens

Mark StephensNorth West, QLD

beyond terrible...actually very dangerrous

Difficult to start...will often stall during the first 5 minutes of idling....but by far the biggest problem is that we when you start it, the throttle is fully engaged....that's right you have the chain brake on which pushes against the motor running at full speed....it blows enormous quantities of smoke as the clutch gets burnt out....release the chain brake and the saw chains starts at full speed with no user input to the throttle.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Air Filter from hell

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Kieranasked

Bought a RCS5145N to replace STILT chainsaw I had for years but a little too small for this place. Used it once and yes I am female but do all our acreage and the darn thing won't start again. Chain can move freely. New oils and fuels. Plenty of chain oil which goes everywhere. Won't start bought at bunnings so over it. I just want to cut up my wood for next year winter!!!!

acerace

You would be best to take it back to Bunnings,need your receipt/proof of purchase.They are good with warranty they would prob replace or refund it as they don't repair. Don't buy one off Ebay,etc Taking it to a mower shop will cost $$ and they will bad mouth anything they don't sell, Good Luck

Kieran

Thanks yes back to bunnings as i have receipt etc just annoying as i have tree branches etc everywhere.

Yeah mate, I had this model before, it is garbage. The overall design is flawed. Issues starting, issues with chain falling off, and and and. Just empty out all the fluids and take it back with your receipt. Bunnies usually pretty good with returns. In the same price range, the Makita 32cc 400mm Petrol Chainsaw EA3201S is far superior.
Cheers.

mark n

mark nasked

my new 51cc ryobi chainsaw smokes a lot have sharpened the chain still does it oil comming out. dosnt seem to get enough oil on chain when using it/

Andrew Y.
Andrew Y.

Come on Bunnings, pick your act up !!!!!!

Crockett

Crockettasked

Is there any way to adjust the amount of oil comes on the chain on a ryobi rcs5145n?

LESTER

My understanding is that the Oil should be used at the same rate as the Fuel. If the Oil is being released at a slower rate, that is an inadequate rate, it is probably due to release being blocked by saw dust etc. Check also that the small silver plates are correctly placed, that is one on the inside of the chain arm and the other on the outside.Also If the Oil is being released too fast or too slow, the viscosity of the Oil being used may not be correct. I do not know of an adjustment control on the chain saw. Lester

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws