S-26 Alula Gold AR

S-26 Alula Gold AR

3.2

• Breastfed Child Yes (14%) · No (86%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (71%) · No (29%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (38%) · No (62%)

Its good so far.

I just wanted to let people know that this formula is designed to be made and served at room temp no heating of the water is required and if you do yes it will go lumpy and block the teat. I couldnt work out why it was lumpy so i called the s26 hotline and they were very helpful, polite and understanding. I read these reviews after i had purchased this product and before i called s26. Please use the hotline its whats its there for. And i have had no problem after finding out how it should be made no lumps and no blockages and bubba it alot happier

Purchased in July 2020 at IGA for A$35.00.

Careline T.S-26 Alula

Thanks Tory. Glad we could help and to hear it is working well for you and your little one. :) The drinking water that is used to prepare the product would still need to be boiled first and then let it cool completely. Warmest regards Careline team

Tory Y.
Tory Y.

Yes indeed sorry i didn't think to write that. Thank you

Jay V.

Jay V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing for my reflux baby!

We tried four other types of formula before finding S-26 Gold AR. It’s the only one that has worked for our baby without giving him nasty reactions. It’s so easy to make up, no clumps, and it’s nice and thick so it stays down in bub’s tummy. He’s no longer regurgitating or vomiting meals, and he sleeps so much better. This formula has been a life saver!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.49.

Bec

BecNorth Queensland, QLD

Stopped reflux

Bought this formula for my son when he was about 12weeks old. He was bringing up his milk after each feed- made it less enjoyable. My sister recommended I change over, and we’ve had no reflux since!

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for A$29.00.

Clumps

Last few days I have been noticing clumps in the bottle when I’ve been using this for 2-3 weeks.. I even made water warmer and shook the bottle vigorously for 3 minutes and still found clumps In there... it’s really stressing me out. Why is this happening? Also make my baby a little constipated some day’s

Sheree

ShereeIllawarra, NSW

Terrible baby choked !

Bought this as was cheaper and was prev using aptimal but this was on sale. After feeding and burping baby I put to bed after a bit. My baby woke up choking where she somehow had brought it up and breathed in what looked like curdled milk. I had to grab her out and turn her over and clear her blocked nose from the milk she spat up. This never happened with aptimal and won’t use this crap formula again also the teats blocked every time and wouldn’t come out of bottle. Waste of money !! Oh and turned baby’s poo green and smelly runny

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$20.00.

TheTruth

TheTruthWestern Australia

Still regurgitating on this formula

I decided to switch to S26 gold AR as my son has reflux. Unfortunately he is still throwing up a lot on this formula after feeds, and it comes up as thick curdled milk. Won’t be using this formula again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for A$25.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Sophie S.

Sophie S.Sydney, NSW

Won't flow out of bottle

I can't say if this formula is good or not. Its too thick and won't flow out of the bottle even when i squeezed the teat. Would not buy again a waste of $25

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$25.00.

Kellie L.

Kellie L.Sydney, NSW

Frustrated

Used S26 Gold Comfort for my 2 girls and with my son who has reflux I use S26 Gold AR.... which is horrible... son screaming the house down due to the formula not dissolving properly and clogging teat it is soo annoying been trying not to get frastrated but enough is enough... unfortunately have to move to a new formula that dissolves...

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for A$24.00.

Jack

JackIllawarra, NSW

Clumps clog bottle

Spent all night straining out mixture as clumps don't break down properly. Daughter gets small amounts before formula clogs the test. We use S-26 normally and since they were out of the one we use we bought this as a replacement.
I would not recommend.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for A$20.00.

Alyson

AlysonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not recommend

Worst formula, does not breakdown and blocks up teat. I even have fast flow teats. My daughter gets upset and frustrated as can’t drink due to constant blockages. Won’t be buying again!

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$20.00.

Jamielee

Jamielee

Fantastic

My son has reflux as soon as I changed from S26 gold to S26 gold a.r
He no longer threw up after feeds, I'm glad S26 has a reflux formula so I could still stay with the same brand.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$20.00.

Cass P.

Cass P.Moncrieff 2914, ACT

It’s a love hate relationship

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$20.00.

Thick, gluggy and awful

Formula is so thick and clumpy and doesn’t break down in water. Baby gagged several times due to clumps of formula coming through treat and it’s caused massive constipation. I’m switching from S26 altogether.

Purchased in June 2019.

Breastfed Child Yes
Chloe

ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Blockage

Brought this for my newborn and will not be buying it again! Such a waste of money. My baby didn’t get to try it as it was insanely thick and maybe one or two sucks if lucky before she was screaming because it was blocked!
Tried heating it up and made no difference and tried in different bottles/teats! And still blocked up!... such a disappointment!!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for A$22.00.

RE N.

RE N.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

Made no difference for my daughter unfortunately, made her very constipated.
Such a shame as I had read so many good reviews about it. Would not recommend don’t waste your time this is the worst formula I have ever used. Preparing it is also a nightmare.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$20.00.

Find out how S-26 Alula Gold AR compares to other Baby Formulas

more blockage than breasts with mastitis.

Great Formula

My baby was originally on the s26gold which gave her extremely bad Reflux , but started her on s26 AR and it is the best thing I did for my baby she loves it and her vomiting/reflux has gone it's hard to mix so I stir it before shaking but this formula is really helping her alot I'd recommend this to any mother that's going through this situation makes the baby happy and the parent stress free

Venus

Venus

Good and affordable

My baby likes this formula and it's easy to prepare. No constipation and seems like my baby satisfied the milk. And the price is affordable and sometimes on special at chemist warehouse. I always buy in bulk if it's on special or discounted price. And easy to get even travelling to asia.

Kris

KrisSydney

It is a great formula

This is not the regular brand I usually buy. But there were not stock of A2 in the Coles so I gave it a try. It is easy to prepare, you put two spoons of milk powder, fill in some water and shake it. That is done. The information on the tin is easy to understand and follow. The baby didn't seem to taste the differences and drank all of it. Up to now, he seems OK and none side effects have been noticed.

Great formula , love it !!

I think this is a great formula , in the beginning our baby was on S26 gold but was throwing up a lot , the doctor didn’t diagnose him with actual reflux but he was pretty unhappy and everytime we fed him an awful lot seemed to come back up . I decided to give AR a try and have never looked back ,straight away it agreed with him and he’s still on it now at 6 months old . It seems a lot thicker and heavier when you first mix it up compared to the normal formula but I guess that’s maybe why his little tummy was able to keep it down . He didn’t get Constipated either . It’s great stuff

Joanne

Joanneasked

Hi there, I am about to swap my baby boy over to s-26 AR due to spitting up at each feed on the original s-26. However my bubba will only drink the milk if it is Luke warm.
Can you mix the formula in the cooled boiled water and then warm up the bottle or will it still create lumps? We haven’t started using yet but about to at the next feed
Also, do I need to purchase new teets or should it be ok with the avent antic colic teets. Some people have recommended just making the teet hole a little bigger with a needle rather than have to make new bottles.

Careline T.S-26 Alula

Hi Joanne, Thank you for your questions. The product requires special mixing instructions which appear on the can. This outlines mixing the powder with boiled water that is completely cooled (20-25°C which is similar to tap water temperature). Cap bottle and shake vigorously to mix well. This should result in a thin liquid at room temperature. Warming up the bottle may result in the product thickening prematurely. And you don’t need to buy new teats as anti-colic teats work well with the product. If you have any further questions, please contact our Careline on 1800 552 229 and one of our Careline team member would be happy to assist you.

Everlita F.

Everlita F.asked

what is the best s26 formula for 1 month baby who is constipated?because my baby is using s26 pro gold before we don't have any problem.But now he is screaming at crying because the poop doesn't want to come out

Dear Everlita,

The website you have accessed is intended for Australian consumers and this section is occasionally monitored by Sanulac Nutritionals Australia.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Pro Gold is not available in Australia and is not part of Sanulac Nutritionals Australia’s product range.

Countries other than Australia may have different product brands, regulatory requirements or medical practices. Please contact your local supplier, pharmacy or chemist who may be able to better assist you with your enquiry.

Alternatively, please speak to your healthcare professional for advice regarding your individual situation.

If you require further information, please contact our Careline Team on 1800 552 229 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm AEST) and our Careline team members would be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,
Careline team

Tanya R.

Tanya R.asked

Is this meant to be very frothy when you shake it

Get an answer from our members and S-26 Alula representatives