Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop Questions & Answers

SAB3002, SAB3001, SAB30022, etc...

7 questions from our users

Tom N

Tom Nasked

Lightning Mop

Hi. I have a sabco breeze white plastic parts on handle. 4 post sponge mop and cannot find replacement sponges. My local Woolworths does not stock the 4 post sponge. Nor does the local Bunnings. As we cannot go out of 5 km zone at the moment where can I get one. I am in Williamstown Victoria postcode 3016. Also I have heard bad reviews on the quality of the sponge. I haven’t replaced mine for a few years and it’s crumbling so I have avoided using the mop. But this is a very convenient floor mop. I hope the sponge issues have been resolved. As my unit is till in very good condition

Janice

You can order them from Sabco. Some hardware stores also keep them. I havent had the problem with the sponges. They tend to shrink a lot when dry but once wet are fine.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Tom, you can actually get them at BigW - https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-sponge-mop-twin-refill-2-pack/p/177119/.
As for the quality. It seems some people has got some bad ones. We are still use the same high-quality french cellulose and we looking into whether its been a bad batch or chemical used while cleaning that has made the sponge deteriate faster then normal. Keeping in mind that after frequent use they do come apart, especially on a rough surface because it is a natural product.
Hope that help. Cheers

Robert m

Robert masked

Lightning Mop

I bought a wide mop to replace the old four post screw on sponge . The new push on type is a piece of rubbish . I tried to remove the plastic wrapping but couldn't . I had to destroy the posts to remove it .
The design is hopelessly faulty .Why ? My six year old grandson could design something better .
Junk !

Janice

I am sticking to the four post design as the size of the sponge fits into small areas at my place. There is still a problem with the holes for the screws, but I will persist, and ask for a replacement when it fails. I tried an Oates push on type which broke after two uses. When I returned it to the supermarket following no response from Oates re my two complaints to them, the sales person said they had a four returned prior to me for refunds.

Rob
Rob

I had the same problem with the wide Sabco mop, just fell apart. Sabco replaced it, after I complained on this site, but I asked for the smaller one which is much better in design and has the scew on sponge.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Robert, We are indeed aware of the issue with our Extra Wide lightning mop and are currently improving the design and functionality. Im sorry for the problems this has caused. I can offer to send you a replacement of the EXTRA Wide Lightning mop or get you a standard size one as we did for Rob who commented. This is a bit smaller but comes with screws instead of the push system. Alternatively, if you want a different type of mop we can talk about getting you something else. Cheers

Flossie

Flossieasked

Lightning Mop

Do you still make the sabco breeze mop if so where can I buy one I have been looking for ages in the Sutherland shire. Thankyou Faye

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, you can purchase a sabo Breeze mop at your local Woolworths https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/807431/sabco-breeze-mop or a Breeze mop 2 at your local BigW https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-breeze-2-mop/p/455620/
Hope that help :) Cheers

spandexasked

Lightning Mop

Why are the mop heads so much more expensive in New Zealand than Australia? In Bunnings in both countries Australia for a 2 pack is $9.90A and NZ is $10 each for 1. Even accounting for the exchange rate that is a big difference, and because of that I will not be buying replacement sponges and changing sponge brands!!

Hi spandex -

Thanks for reaching out with your concern, hopefully we can clarify this for you.

The Sabco Lightning Xtra Wide is ranged in Bunnings NZ.
This is the same mop ranged in Bunnings AU and is wider than our regular Lightning Mop, which is ranged at other AU retailers. The refill for the larger Bunnings mop is only available in a single pack and retails for $12.99 in Australia and $11.98 in NZ.

The Twin pack refill only fits the smaller Lightning mop.
This sells in various AU retailers. It retails for $13.50 in both Woolworths and Big W.
Perhaps you have spotted this on promotion, but I can assure you it is not the regular price.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks -

Thank you.

Margaret

Margaretasked

Lightning Mop

I have just bought a Sabco Lightning mop, and used it for the first time. It left huge water marks over the floor. I’ve had to go over it again spraying plain water and using a micro fibre cloth. Believe me it’s no small task as I have a lot of tiled area. What do you suggest?

Johnny L.
Johnny L.

Its a horrible product does not suck up water, its a cheap nasty chinese sponge

Leonard

Leonardasked

So Sabco official.
100% cellulose eh ???

Well you are sticking by your argument.

Whats your next marketing genius ?
Perforated condoms ?

Saffy

Yes. 100% . The unit get rusty and broken . The chemical from the rust leaves a very nasty mark on the path room. The Unit supposed to be designed to used with water plus add any cleaner. It does not as the handle is metallic and react with the water and rusted and got broken from the base. You end up with useless unit. I do not not use any add-on cleaner/chemical, Just water. We are not suppose to buy a new one every 6 month.

Allan S

Allan Sasked

Lightning Mop SAB3002

I too am feed up with the Sponges only lasting a month or less. I only use warm water and no cleaners . But when I read one of your responses I became aware why they don't last.
'Hi Jewel -
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Sabco Lightning Mop. Sabco Lightning Mop Refill is made from highest quality 100% cellulose, .... Sponge mop refills are moist when packaged at the factory, but can dry out if the stock is old or has a rip in the packaging. Unfortunately, once this happens, the sponge will disintegrate....
Sabco posted on Dec 07, 2017'

I realise this is why they fail, they are made of cellulose. This is a product that is not lasting Are we expected to keep them in a sealed container with water so they do not dry out? Do you Sell (or maybe you should sell) a small device that can be clip over your mop and save the Cellulose Sponge?

Hi Allan -

Thanks for contacting us.
We would like to clarify that the cellulose actually can dry out between uses - it will rehydrate once the mop is wet again, apologies for the confusion on this.

We are working very hard with our factory to get to the bottom of the problems that our customers are having with these sponges and are also conducting many tests internally with our QC team.

If you email us at customerservice@sabco.com.au or contact us on 1800 066 522 we would be happy to send you some replacement sponges.

Thanks -

Saffy

Unfortunately Sabco Lightning Mop Sponges will disintegrate if you do not use them and becomes dry. Sabco needs to understand Australia in general has a hot weather and we have to use their own product with other cleaning products to clean a Dirty floor , this is the main purpose of Sabco Product. They need to define what they mean by [ made from highest quality 100% cellulose] if it the Sponges fails badly in a month time and the handle gets rusty, I get the same response as mine completely got rusty and disintegrated from the base with the handle.. The Unit has No Value for money at all. What is more interested and unfortunately they refused to refund me with one single cent. My advise is "Do not buy this Product and save your money.

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives