Sabco Supadry Spin Mop & Bucket

Sabco Supadry Spin Mop & Bucket

Mopping is SO quick!

This mop has changed my life! I really hate mopping, with a large expanse of hard floor it is a time-consuming and tedious process. I have a broom cupboard mortuary of hopeful purchases that failed to live up to expectations. Then a friend suggested the spin mop. It's fabulous. I can mop the floor in a third of the time it took me with any other style mop. Yes the bucket is a little awkward, so I just tend to leave it in a central spot, reducing the number of times I have to move it around. Customer service is also excellent, recently the lock mechanism broke so I contacted customer service. It was a known problem and within two days a new handle arrived by courier. Thanks Sabco.

Purchased in April 2018 for $70.00.

Would get 5 stars if 2 issues fixed .

First time use, worked great quick and easy to use. Love the whole spin thing. It gets the muddy water out of mop quick. but the handle is too short hurt my back bending down to mop and I'm a shorty. And although it went well at the edges. It would spin on the dirt spot so it took a bit of effort. Still better than most mops...

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W Online Store for $30.00.

Thank you for your feedback.

Excellent customer service

I Broke the latch accidentally, they sent me a new one! Mop is fantastic for my bad back ,no straining or bending involved, would recommed to anyone that struggles mopping.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Hey Tali, Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're so glad you like your Spin Mop. Thanks

Hated it so much I returned it to Bunnings.

How anyone can make a mop and bucket so awkward to use is beyond me. The bucket is too large for starters. If you half fill it with water and try to carry it with the spinner in place - the water tilts back towards the spinner end. If you remove the spinner to carry it (which is ridiculous to have to do) it doesn’t tip straight away. But you better not move your hand even a little. All the water will tip to one end. If you carry it with the spinner in, and the mop in the water it balances a bit better, but it’s really awkward to carry such a big bucket with the mop in it too.

To spin.....OMG. you have to make sure the handle is perfectly straight so it fits over the spindle. Then you have to unlock the handle and push down. It does spin well. However, there’s an art in getting that handle straight. And if you forget to close the level back up to lock, the handle retracts.

I found this to be the worst mop and bucket system I have ever come across in 67 years.
I used it twice and took it back. It didn’t need to be that hard.

Sorry Sabco I don’t think I’ve ever written a review on a product that I felt was this bad. I don’t like to find all negatives. But honestly I struggled to even say it spins well.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Hi Maggie- We're really sorry to hear this. If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 our customer service team will be happy to help. ThanksThank you for your reply. However I have returned the item back to the store and been given a refund.We're sad that this product wasn't right for you, but pleased that the store was able to give you a refund. Thanks

Many thanks

I would like to thank Sabco on their prompt responding and fixing my problem with the broken lock clip on the mop handle.Many thanks.
I would recommend the Sabco spin mop.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

broken handle lock

I purchased the sabco super dry spin mop from bunnings about 2 months ago and now the locking mechicnisum on the handle is inopperable...cannot find replacement handle anywhere on the internet.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Hi Wayne - Sorry to hear that this happened to you. If you call us on 1800 066 522 our Customer Service team would be happy to send you a replacement handle so that you can continue to enjoy your mop! Thanks - Sabco

Good concept - but mop fastening nut cracked and fell apart after just 11 days?

We purchased the Sabco Supa Dry Spin Mop, because the spin-styles are easier for my wife who has had major surgery on her spine.

However, after JUST 11 days - a plastic nut on the bottom of the mop handle, cracked and then broke apart? They have promised to send replacement parts, but - at the time of writing this review, we have not received anything?

We have also tried the Vileda Easy Wring Mop system, which has lasted much longer and has great customer support.

The Sabco Supa Dry Spin Mop was only $5 less (Bunnings), but with a basic failure after only 11 days - I do NOT recommend it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $37.00.

HI Steve-gee, Sorry to hear of your frustration with the Spin Mop. Please give us a call on 1800 066 522 and we will be able to check on your replacement part. I hope you can continue to enjoy the convenience of the bucket. Thanks - SabcoThanks for your contact, but I have already contacted Sabco and sent a picture. In my opinion that should be enough?

It WILL break on you and you'll have to buy it all.. again.

Don't waste your money as this thing just ends up being wasteful to your wallet and environment.

It works well while it's in 1 piece. The handle WILL fail on you whether it be the locking mechanism or the spin action.

You CANNOT buy the handle separate, you'll need to buy the whole kit over again.

Used it once a week for 8 months and it's dead.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.99.

Hi Brendan - Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the mop handle, we would definitely like to set this right for you. If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 our customer service team will be happy to send you a replacement mop. Thanks again for choosing Sabco!

No longer spins

I have been raving about this mop since I bought it 6 months ago - unfortunately the pole no longer releases and it doesn’t spin. Apparently I can’t buy a mop separately from Bunnings. Very disappointed as I don’t need a whole new kit - turns out to be very expensive way to mop a floor.
UPDATE 1 May 2019
I was contacted by Sabco Customer Service who offered a new pole for my mop. Thank you so much for your great service.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $45.00.

Hi Karen - SO great to hear that you have been enjoying your Spin Mop so much - we love to hear from happy moppers! Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the mop of late - this is quite unusual and we would definitely like to set this right for you. If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 our customer service team will be happy to send you a replacement mop. Thanks again for choosing Sabco!

Love the mop

My mops release has also broken can you purchase another mop handle without buying a new bucket etc. I have already purchased 2 complete kits for use in upstairs and downstairs areas. Before the handle broke I liked the mop I have mostly polished floors. some tiled areas and two rooms with floating floors.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Hi Chris - SO great to hear that you have been enjoying your Spin Mop so much - we love to hear from happy moppers! Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with the mop handle, we would definitely like to set this right for you. If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 our customer service team will be happy to send you a replacement mop. Thanks again for choosing Sabco!

Sadly useless on balcony tiles.

I have just tried to use the mop on our balcony tiles. Immediately the green plastic disc tried to flip over and scratched against the tiles. The microfibres are already shredded

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Osborne Park.

Hi Sue - Thanks for contacting us. Can I ask if your tiles are non-slip outdoor tiles? The mop is recommended for use indoors and we have never had any complaints of this nature before. If you would like to discuss further, give us a call on 1800 066 522 and our team will be happy to assist. Thanks - SabcoI checked the packaging and there were no recommendations or cautions on the box to alert me to this fact. Strangely when I checked reviews there were several others saying the same, flipping over of the disc and scratching of the tiles so I am bemused by your comments???? Yes balcony tiles are usually non slip to a degree.Sue - If you would like to give us a call on 1800 622 522, we are happy to suggest a mop that is suitable for your outdoor tiles. This is not really the right mop for this job, which is why it is gripping. Thanks - Sabco

Great mop!

I love it! Has cut down my mopping time.
Told lots of friends about it. Only thing relese handle has broken on one side and you can't buy separately, it seems like a waste to purchase new set, what would I do with another bucket?

Purchased in September 2018 for $45.00.

Expensive piece of Junk

I’ve had the mop for Aproximatley 3-4 months

In that time it has broken twice. The first time it broke was when I was mopping and pushing in a forward motion. The cheap green plastic sleeve at the base broke of and the mop head stayed put with the metal end scrapping my tile leaving a light long scratch.
I contacted Sabco who kindly sent a replacement sleeve, the representative made the comment she did not see how the metal could scratch the tile. I sent a picture to show how it folded into a sharp end to scratch the tile.

Funny thing she asked to see a picture of the tile for the “ quality “ control team.
No offer to help with the tile though just wanted a picture for their records.
Needless to say I didn’t bother sending the image as I was not after something for free. I purchased a tile filler that was a similar colour and patched up the scratch.

Within 3 days of the new part arriving two small plastic clips broke so I could not lock in the length I wanted. But this didn’t bother me so I kept using it. 2 weeks later the same green plastic sleeve broke.

I didn’t bother emailing them I just threw the whole thing out. Sabco have clearly had a lot of feedback about this part breaking yet have not improved the quality of the item ?

The mop cost me $49 at Bunnings and did not even mop well when it wasn’t broken. It leaves streaks on the tiles thats if you get lucky enough to be able to spin it enough to dry it out without breaking.

I’ve since purchased the Vileda spin mop. Amazing clean, sturdy quality unit at at cheaper price.

If you don’t want to spend the money to try the Vileda, save yourself some money and go to the reject shop and get a cheap mop and bucket the quality will probably be better than this.

The standard reply from Sabco on the reviews is they take the quality control very seriously and are working with the design team to improve the fault with the handle and head. Over 1 year later they are still receiving the same feedback.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Great mop for wooden floors

This mop works really well and the spin removes a lot of the water which is great for wooden floors. The only issue we have is the bottom of the pole which has pushed up so it comes off all the time. The plastic is too tight to move.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Hi GeorgieO - Glad to hear that you are happy with your Spin Mop. If you give us a call on 1800066 522 our customer service team woulf be happy to arrange for a new handle to be sent to you so you can continue enjoying it! Thanks - Sabco

Breaks so easily!

I have bought the Sabco spin mop several times already as I tend to mop my floors everyday. It’s great except that the mop itself breaks so easily. No grip. I just bought one in January and it’s only March, and again the mop / head/ stick is broken. And there is no replacement except to have to buy the whole set!

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

5 STAR if the handle didnt need replacing.

I love this mop, 2x spins is enough to leave just enough water for washing my wood floors, without a soaking, spins well, but the small grip handle on the handle spin section over time has lost its grip, but I contacted Sabco yesterday and today they emailed and are sending me a revised handle FOC. I hope this mop then continues to work great. I even use it on my windows due to how much you can control the water in the mop head.

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings.

Leaves floor soaking wet and streaky

Bought this mop at Bunnings after seeing it on a set of pallets out the front thinking it would be great while my cleaners on holidays. Used it 4 times and have now binned it. Left little puddles of water in places and a completely streaky finish. Almost better to look at dirty tiles!! Don’t buy this, it’s a complete waste of time.

Hi Sydney - Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your SupaDry Spin Mop. The beauty of this product is that you can control the amount of water left in the mop by how long you spin it dry - if you are left with too much water on your floors, spin it a bit more. The stainless steel spin chamber effectively removes water to eliminate the streaks you mention. Hopefully you still have it and can give it another try. Sabco

great product

fantastic idea works a treat, easy to use on our tiled bathroom floor, tried other mops but none come close to this
only had it a short time but very happy so far. purchased from bunnings

Hi jimbo So glad to hear that you are happy with your Sabco SupaDry Spin Mop! Happy mopping!

Very flimsy design

Bought the Spin Mop from Bunnings, only used it a few times and the locking clip on the handle broke making the whole item useless. Very poor flimsy design, looking at other reviews I see I am not the only person with this problem. From a company like Sabco you would expect to get a much better product. Just finished throwing it in the rubbish bin, what a waste of money.

Hi Ron - Sorry to hear about the handle on your Spin Mop - we take the quality of our products very seriously, so please be assured that we are addressing this with the supplier as a matter of urgency. Hopefully it is not to late to salvage the bucket and not let it go to waste! If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 and explain what has happened, our customer service team will be happy to sort you out with a replacement mop. We hope you enjoy your Spin Mop for a long time to come. Thanks - Sabco

Disappointed

I bought one of these sabco spin mops and only used it a few times before the clip on the handle broke, now the handle wont clip in and is completely useless. Its quite flimsy and not very strong and for $45, i cant afford to buy a whole new mop and bucket. It would be nice to be able to buy a replacement mop or for bunnings to exchange as i no longer have my receipt.

Hi Tiff - Sorry to hear about the handle on your Spin Mop - we take the quality of our products very seriously, so please be assured that we are addressing this with the supplier as a matter of urgency. If you give us a call on 1800 066 522 and explain what has happened, our customer service team will be happy to sort you out with a replacement mop. We hope you enjoy your Spin Mop for a long time to come. Thanks - Sabco