4Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier ISOFIX Compatible

2.8

Tara C
Tara CSydney, NSW13 posts

Excellent capsule

Best decision was buying this capsule. I shopped around and tried many different types before settling with this one. Excellent quality, easy to install, excellent size. Capsule is also compatible with my Redsbaby pram. Show details ·  1
Ash
Ash

Saved my daughters life!

This is hands down the best car seat from day one, we were hit from behind at 90kms a hour with someone on their phone the car was totaled but our daughter was safe no damage to the car seat what so ever i fully trust this brand and our next car seat will be another britax Show details ·  1
Tom
Tom2 posts

Fits a smaller car

We bought this capsule because it was the smallest we could find. It works well with our car.
We also wanted to buy a compatible stroller that wouldn't require any special adapters but its hard to find reliable information. The website just states "This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go™ compatible Strollers (no receivers required)". What are the compatible strollers? Show details ·  2
Jo
Jo2 posts
Hayley
HayleyHunter Region, NSW

Not impressed unfortunately

I personally don’t see how this capsule is suitable for newborns/premmies. There is so much room around my babies head, it is not well supported at all. It really should have another insert to support a newborns head. I can’t say I’m overly impressed, sadly.
Elise
Elise
  ISOFIX Compatible

Unsafe for newborn: too upright

Purchased this capsule to ensure we had the most current and safe capsule for our newborn. The lack of recline makes our sons head flop forward, which comprises his airway. We have reclined the base as instructed but does not fix the issue. After spending time in the capsule my son started frothing at the mouth. We own other Britax Seats and love them but not happy at all with this purchase due to the safety risk with lack of recline and unsuitability for a newborn. Show details
JLO
JLOTasmania6 posts
Claire
Claire2 posts
  Verified ISOFIX Compatible
Jess
Jess

Too small

Says it is suitable for approx birth-12months. How could any 12 month old baby fit in this capsule? My son outgrew it by 4 months old! (He is a larger baby- maybe about the size of an average 6 month old) but still, 4 months. Totally not worth the money

Kendall
KendallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

Regrettable purchase

I regret buying this capsule. It was installed professionally. But It's too heavy/impractical, the harness is temperamental to tighten and gets caught which is difficult to secure firmly, the angle of the capsule allows the baby's head to flop forward/there is inadequate head support and the straps dig into the baby's thighs, pinching and leaving pretty severe red marks on the thighs that hang around for a long time. I am convinced it makes sleeping in the car difficult for my baby. I have used this capsule for two babies now and each time I took it out after a few weeks. Really disappointing to be honest. Love the brand. Hate the capsule.

Calvin C
AndyPerth16 posts
Mum
MumByron Bay

Absolutely Hated It!

I bought the unity to go with my bugaboo. I have a 2015 VW Tiguan and it absolutely won't install correctly in the back. Even trained people couldn't make it sit correctly. My four-month-old son falls forward in it because there is virtually no recline. Don't be fooled by the images you'll find of this capsule - once installed, the base must be at such a tilt that the seat is almost upright. Definitely not ideal!!

I originally bought this capsule over the Maxi Cosi Mico for the extra life that the unity was going to give (5 months in the Mico v 12 in the unity) but I honestly stopped using this as a travel system two months ago and already want to move my son out of it at four months. Wish I'd bought the Mico. Hated this!!

xxjagerxx
xxjagerxxWestern District, VIC12 posts

Good design

Went with this one after weighing up the pros and cons from the reviews on here, we got the isofix model and it fits well in our 2014 kia sportage. I like the idea of it clicking straight into a pram without disturbing the baby, the top straps are fiddly but i guess most straps are? Would have preferred a solid isofix mount on the base but there don't seem to be any available on the Australian market just yet? Still, the anchor points work well and it locks it in to place nice and tight. It is expensive as most capsules are ($400 delivered country victoria) but it sure beats getting an el cheapo reversible one from target or somewhere. Its worth noting too that its the only one designed with premature babies in mind.