Safety 1st Summit ISO AP

Safety 1st Summit ISO AP

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ForestGirl

ForestGirl

Okay seat but has some issues

I bought the seat because of the strong CREP safety ratings. It looks good and is easy to install.

However, I've found that my baby does not find it comfortable and is more unsettled in it. Her head seems to flop around more than it should when she sleeps. The headrest seems quite wobbly and I found the fabric has worn quite quickly.

I've since replaced it and am happier with my replacement. I'll keep this seat but only as a spare.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $370.00.

Car ModelSubaru Forester S3

Lia L.

Lia L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good quality

Brought the one from new born to 8
It has been used for 3 years now
Like it very much its also comfy when my kid sitting on it highly recommended

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $480.00.

MummaRose7AU

This was amazing when I first got it. But this was a different story once bub hit 1 year the straps slide and move

Straps are really bad once bub is mobile and moving around. as for comfort the padding is great. Seat design is good aesthetics wise but not practicality. It’s pretty easy to instal so no issues there.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $349.00.

Car ModelHolden Captiva CG CX
Sara's P.

Sara's P.

Very Comfortable

Baby loves it. He enjoys more the car ride because of this lovely car seat. It's very comfortable plus it has a spot for the baby bottle when the baby starts growing. I definitely recommend it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Walmart for $299.00.

Car ModelAcura

Blossi

Blossi

Great seat. My baby fell asleep in it straight away

We got this seat after having used a capsule for her the 7 months. There is an infant insert inside which we have removed & it has made it way more comfortable for her. She would have been too squished if we hadn’t removed it. The straps are easy to use - they undo and extend so easily. I have used the height adjustment with ease too. We had the Maxi cosy basic capsule so this feels like a bit of an upgrade as the straps are easier to undo & tighten. We got it on special at Baby Bunting which was a bargain

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $189.00.

Kkakdugi

KkakdugiDarling Downs, QLD

Returned

After trying to alter the height of the head rest/straps the head rest collapses down if you put any pressure (barely any) on the right side. Not safe so I returned it to the shop and swapped for a completely different brand. Overheard the staff saying it was the second Summit with the same issue that had been returned

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $309.00.

Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) Maxx

Liv

Liv

Easy to use car seat

I have found it to be a great car seat for my new born. He loves to sleep in it for long trips and is very warm and comfortable. It is easy to do up once you get the hang of it.

Purchased in October 2018 for $279.00.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Good quality.

It's a heavy comfortable car seat and the kids like it. But it has not bottle stander. It's easy to install and clean. The kid can sleep nicely at this seat.

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting Online store for $329.00.

jesssimmo

jesssimmoNorth Queensland, QLD

Use your money elsewhere.

Hate this car seat. Straps always get twisted, my babe is always so uncomfortable and sweaty, he even got his had stuck down in between the fabric and plastic. Do not recommend at all you are better off spending money on a higher quality seat.

Purchased in November 2017 for $370.00.

Dee

DeeSouthern highlands nsw

Great seat!

ZonasjaAlekseyfv

ZonasjaAlekseyfvYeronga

good

We studied for a long time before we bought this pram seat. This pram seat is very easy to install and unload. I'm not disappointed that it's not difficult to operate. Disassembly and cleaning is easy. It is of good quality and the material is quite good. I'll keep watching.

Emmal wEmerald

Perfect from birth

I bought this once my bub grew out of his capsule, best car seat! It’s so simple to install, either with isopod or regular belt method- we have both cars, so needed both. Beautiful vibrant colours, material is wonderful and plush. Bub seems extremely comfortable and very happy in this car seat.

Court Mc

Court Mc

Safety First

We had this car seat professionally installed and it sits firm in the car. It is well padded and cosy for our little baby who quickly out grew the maxi cosy carrier. Seems relatively easy to clean (however we did scotch guard prior to using). Our bubby falls asleep quickly in her seat and looks very comfortable.

Christine

ChristineKallangur

Easy to install and use

Both my partner and I have this seat in Grey installed in our vehicles. I really like how easy it is to machine wash and how comfortable my child obviously is in it. It looks great and we bought both car seats at different times on sale for $329.00. I did quite a bit of research and we are very happy with this purchase. We also decided to buy the Safety 1st Stroller which has been amazing as well.

Rinat

RinatMelbourne

Affordable

I have a 4 month old and only now i am getting used to the discomfort of taking him in and out of the car seat. It is a good value for the price and excellent for the sense of security- knowing that bub is safe at the back. I would not particularly recommend this for a first time parent.

Kathy T

Kathy TSydney

Affordable buy

Bub is comfortable with the seat. Easy to clean and you can remove the insert if bub is too big already. bub is safe and secured. Not compromising safety with the quality. Reasonable price. Highly recommend this to family and friends. I have this professioanally installed to ensure that it was installed correctly

No thanks

No thanks

Not buying it again for second child.

Pros:
* Baby/toddler comfortable.
Cons:
* The seatbelt doesn't adjust all that well as they grow.
* The material of the seat is quite poor quality - became frayed within a year and the colour of the seat has faded terribly, making a 2.5 year old car seat look much more worn. We bought a seat for each car even though we only used one car once week, it still didn't maintain well.

Going with a completely different brand and model with our second - admittedly, having had a child now, know what to look for and the Safety first car seat is not the best value or product at this price point.

Emma

EmmaPenrith

Excellent car seat for the value

This seat is pretty amazing for the value, with the isofix its so much easier to install then a standard seat, our baby always manages to fall asleep when in it so muct be prerry comftable, all the covers come off to clean easily, we love it so much were buying another one for our second car

Jess

JessPerth

Good carseat

This car seat is easy to install and use. The only feature that i dont like about it is I find the shoulder straps a little hard to maneuver sometimes. Its easy to adjust the head rest and it cleans easily which is good with my toddler. 'We swapped to this car seat as we previously had one where the fabric wasnt breathable and my daughter used to get quite sweaty and so far this seat doesnt have that problem which is good.

Andrew E

Andrew EWA, 6060

Great car seat but usual frustration to buckle up

There is no doubt this is a safe, quality car seat that is comfy for the kid. Huge age range as well which is awesome.

I hate all car seats so far tho due to how annoying they are to fasten. I am bery tall and trying to position my kid so i can fasten her in is a pain in the back.

Belts are always twisted. This 1 is hard to install and harder to remove. Forget cleaning the cover if they do a wee. Takes a genius to remove the cover