Samsung 343L Top Mount

Nice But Noisy

Bought this fridge one week ago and have been woken several times every night by the noises it makes when it runs and also by the slapping/popping noises. Not happy at all, should have kept my 30 year old Kelvinator! Started making these noises from brand new! Can anyone explain as these noises ?, can be quite loud and definitely not how a new fridge is to perform ! Would not buy this brand again.

Purchased in May 2019.

Keeps freezing over

Freezes over after a month of operation, then pools water at the bottom. Can only be resolved by thawing outside the house for 24hrs, but then the whole cycle starts all over again. Apparently endemic to Samsung fridges. Do not buy.

Purchased in June 2016.

Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this – Our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Worst product I have ever bought.

It can't cope with Australian summers. Has constantly frozen up big-time since I bought it, hence food doesn't last long. The fridge needs constant defrosting and ice removal. I have nothing good to say about it at all.
And couldn't get hold of the company to try to fix it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Jan, we're sorry to hear that, if you require any assistance, please contact 1300 362 603 and our customer care team will assist. Philip Samsung Australia

Great little fridge

The fridge is pretty much perfect standard size. I like the features where you can turn the freezer into fridge or just put all things into the freezer and turn off the fridge when you go on holiday. Fridge sometimes make bubbles noise but they say it's completely normal. The downside is that you have to leave space around it or it goes hot outside like it needs to breathe.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The size is great

The fridge is in a great size for my family and it's so quiet! Price is great as well! And it has the movable ice maker which i didnt know they have it. It was like a surprise and the delivery men were very friendly, just love my new fridge!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Value for money

I bought this refrigerator almost a year ago and I am pretty satisfied with the performance if consider against the pice I paid. Though the interior plastic is not of good quality and has developed cracks by the frequent pull out of fruit basket, it is still ok. I am wondering if this is covered under warranty or not. If it is I have no grudges against the product. Though not the top quality product but it is not bad even and catering to the requirement.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Harsh, thank you for your review, we're very sorry to hear what's happened to your fridge though. I've sent you a private message requesting for further details, when it is most convenient for you, can you please send that through? Jazz Samsung Australia

It's been a lifesaver perfect for two people or 3

Pretty quiet hasn't had humming bubbling noise here and there but barely noticeable especially when the boyfriend's talking or moaning all in all it's worked out to be a great fridge a really good upgrade from my Hisense fridge loving Samsung just let the Samsung TV now to go with the phone

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic fridge

Maintains good temperature in all compartments. Very helpful feature of transforming freezer to fridge if needed, to increase storage capacity of the fridge component, if needed. The capacity is good enough as such. Good LED light inside. No noise in the background. Easy to clean. Great space in the inside of the door too. Fully recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great value versatile fridge /freezer

We are very happy with this fridge /freezer and although we have not changed functions it has alot of versatility. It's clean feeling in design and well planned inside, even the ice tray works great. It looks great aswell and even though we have almost halved our capacity we are loving our decision to upgrade in quality and the price was fantastic. I believe we can switch one section off if we go on holiday or even turn the freezer into a fridge but my wife is the expert here and as yet we have not explored the smart capabilities but as a day to day product replacement for an over ten year old huge big unit we also loved we are truly happy with this product. I would give it 5 stars if it had some sort of adjustable frame to hold taller bottles like sauce in the bottom door shelf but seriously it's a good well priced unit. The listed price includes 48 months product care.

Excellent Fridge

Bought this refrigerator (Samsung SR342WTC 341L Top Mount Fridge White) 2 months back. The fridge has been great with no problems. It is very easy to clean with wet wipes. It is really quiet and it maintains at the same temperature all the time. The size of the refrigerator is big enough for our family of 3, so excellent usage.

So far so good

Bought this a few months ago - couldn't find the bottom mount I was after so settled for this. Having a top mount is not a problem and this fridge suits us well as a couple who eat at home a lot and tend to do big shops as we live a distance from a supermarket and so shop only once a week or less Can't fault it - quiet, efficient and works perfectly. Would recommend.

Excellent refrigerator for many

We share this refrigerator among 3 friends in an apartment. The spacious and 2 door design was really suited for our needs. We were able to partition the refrigerator and maximize the space. The auto-defrosting feature was really helpful in preventing frost buildup. The stainless steel frame was also very helpful in easy cleaning.

So far after 6months of use, we have not come across any major faults on the appliance.

It does the job!

I needed a smaller fridge to fit the measurements in my newly renovated kitchen. Works like a charm! No issues with it - keeps food cool and fresh , samsung never fails to disappoint.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Solid fridge, value for money

Fridge comes with all bells and whistles, such as deodoriser, controlled temperature and meat cupboard and vegetable drawer. Occasionally sounds like a faint running tap. Keeps clean as I've put drawers from Kmart and is good at keeping food cool. Freezer stays frost free. Very happy with purchase. great value for money especially for its height and width

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Perfect interior design, spacious, easy to clean

We were looking for a fridge of approx. 350L size for our small family. Based on online research, I was first interested in Hisense and other brands that were cheaper than Samsung. However, when we visited a couple of stores and compared Samsung models with those brands, it was very clear that Samsung fridges had much better interior design (e.g. size of compartments, design of shelves on the door, etc.) and almost no wastage of space. Also, we found their finishing to be much superior. It's true that some products need to be checked in person first before you purchase them even if you were to purchase online later.

Among different models, we found this models to be the most suitable for our requirements, mainly based on size. We ended up purchasing it from one of the large appliances stores through an online order during one of their 20% off eBay promotions. It's been almost 2 yrs since we purchased it and we haven't had any issues so far. Temperature control and interior lights are good. It's very easy to clean and we don't hear any noise even in during night. Though we've never had to call customer service but I have got to know that their service is pretty good/quick as well. Highly recommend this model!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent fridge for the price

Pros: Spacious, Maintains freshness of the food, Digital inverter, simple look, easy to clean, Ice maker is pretty awesome.

Cons: Nothing has been noticed so far. However Motor can be slightly noisy at night which is definitely not a show stopper.
Shelf could have been bit more on the doors.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great compact fridge

No fuss modern design, compact but functional. Good energy rating and attractive design sold me on this fridge. Adjustable shelves, easy to remove and clean. Good price point, no issues but only had for 3 months. Love it so far

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best for couples

It keeps the food really fresh and it has very comfortable space to store food for more than a week. IT within 2 hours and can makes ice cubes and easy to take it off.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Excellent fridge for a couple

A very good fridge doing all the job for a couple but little small for more than 2 people. It has very good freezing capability and also having a lot option to put your items. The only issue with this fridge is having a noise coming out after an interval of one-two hours. I called up Samsung and they provided a service but only the noise decibel decreased but its still there. Anyway I am satisfied with the fridge and it does what it is for but the only issue is it make some noise.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Keeps vegetable fresh and sleek in style

This fridge keeps vegetables fresh for longer and is veg sleek in style.
Also has amazing cooling and quick and fast ice freezing technology.
It makes cold water and ice quickly available when guests are around. Glad purchasing it.