Samsung 628L Top Mount SR62 Series

• Internal Layout
Riz B

Riz BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

Great fridge with plenty of space. The fridge is big though therefore the fridge door had to be removed to be able to bring inside. Best to check before buying as there is extra cost involve to get a certified person to remove and refit the door to avoid the warranty to be void.

Lisa

LisaLithgow NSW

Noisy and Awkward

Bought this fridge 16/6/19. Noticed it was noisier than my 15 year old fridge straight away. Also deep fridge makes shelves hard to bend down into and vege crisper draw on the right is right on the rubber door and fridge door has to be all the way open to open draw. But just recently the noise is louder and the walls and half inside the fridge is very hot and kept going for hours which I have never had before so I turned the power off to reset the fridge but it went noisy again after 15 minutes.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,600.00.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Lousy after sales sercice

Purchased direct from Samsung Austr. Upon delivery the delivery guys spotted huge dent on the door. Apologised and took it away. More 6 weeks now and no replacement. Multiple calls to them but all to no avail. They kept saying our order have been escalated and even told us it has been despatched to the delivery firm..hmm. That was weeks ago. Still no fridge. If this is how they treat you after payment, imagine trying to claim warranty work...scary. First and last time buying Samsung.

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,200.00.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung 628L Top Mount SR62 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

2bldornot2bld

2bldornot2bldBribsane

Stainless Black, what an awesome look

so, where do we start, lets get the obvious sorted
1. Great Room.
2. Great Looks
3. Great Space.

Cons
Slightly Noisy, i would say perhaps 2-3 DB more than i would have liked it, but you can only notice it at night when the whole house is quiet. Seemed to have fixed this when setting the temp settings lower, overall very happy with the purchase, it met our immediate requirements for space, replaced an old Fisher and paykel, that was just too small for our purposes due to a larger family.

Overall, would have liked some more tech, like a display that showed current temp in each compartment, to assess the right temperature settings but apart from that, i am happy for this purchase.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,268.00.

Alan Baker

Alan BakerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This is quality! And support to match

Unit is very quiet, and both fridge and freezer compartments maintain temperatures well. When a problem arose getting the unit in through the doors, and fridge door removal was necessary, Samsung support was excellent. Chalk-and-cheese compared to the old Maytag it replaced - and more efficient to boot. One serious problem was the very poor performance by Harvey Norman Delivery/Installation, who provided no help at all, and only wanted to dump the unit in the garage, without bothering to help get it into the house.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,290.00.

Deb-77

Deb-77Gungahlin 2914, ACT

Great fridge

Love this fridge, as a family of 5 it is a great size & fits plenty of food. The freezer is also a good size & the fridge is nice & quite. Highly recommended

Purchased in January 2020 for $946.00.

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge, super efficient.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online.

fried chicken

fried chickenACT

So efficient and quiet!

Before this refrigerator, we had a 20-year-old Westinghouse. It used a lot more energy than this and was a lot noisier. This is much quieter, like so much, and uses a considerable amount less energy. It has a nice clean design and the de-odorising filter in it doesn't make it stink. Well worth the price I paid.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,400.00.

KathSamsung

Great to hear you are pleased with your Samsung refrigerator, Fried Chicken. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the team. Do reach out to us via private message, should you have any enquiries!

Kath
Samsung AU

RA 2019

RA 2019Melbourne

Spacious..

I was very particular about having a single door fridge. I have seen other single door fridges and can see the difference. Found out to be effective and efficient while using it. Recommended for Single door.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Samsung AUSamsung

Donnadoo

DonnadooPerth

Not very happy

The temperature and the door open and closing is fine it's that after I brought the fridge and used it for a month it then went into storage as I moved in with my partner when I pulled it out to use it again not even 6 months later the inside at the back was all cracked and wrecked nothing was up against it, it wasn't in the heat or anything so needless to say I wasn't happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
JasmineSamsung
Kylie D

Kylie DPerth

Love it

Purchased the fridge just under 2 years ago. For a medium fridge it has plenty of room. It's very quiet wouldn't even know it is on and the freezer height is perfect for a tall person. Very easy to clean inside and out. The stainless steel doesn't streak like most on the market. Very happy indeed!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Ash

AshNortheast, VIC

I love my new fridge

I absolutely love my new fridge I purchased in January 2018. It has so much space inside the fridge and the freezer. It only takes few minutes to freeze the food in the freezer. It was one of the wise decisions we made!! I highly recommend this fridge to anyone!

Ente

Ente

Best fridge I've ever owned

This is hands down the best fridge I've owned in my adult life. Not only is it the perfect size for small families but the ability to turn off the freezer on vacation is actually genius and I highly recommend for active families. The shelving is also wide which is super helpful when storing food for meal prep or even just christmas!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Evie

EvieBathurst

Really good

A very good purchase we have been really happy with our fridge , very easy to clean inside and out . It is a very quiet fridge and I love that it is so easy to change the temperature of the fridge and only have the fridge section running and not the freezer if needed . The size is perfect as well .

dogbert

dogbertWestern Australia, 6110

Keeps cool but a tad noisy.

WYD

WYDSydney, NSW

Wide, big space & energy ratings very good

Just bought it and very love it. Maintain the temperature, can make the freezer to normal fridge.
It's quit totally make different after change my old fridge.
Easy to clean & im using xtra protector for the base.
Colour only two option grey & dark gray...
Door can be swap with my preference

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Big fridge for fair price

biggest fridge for a fair price. Dual cooling system. I was comparing with other the french door fridge model as its similar price but smaller size. In the end decided to get this model as it's the biggest size, fair price and it's black, really match with our furniture. really happy with the purchase at HN.

MTA

MTA

Huge space.....good value....consistent cooling....energy efficient

Great fridge. Massive space, energy efficient and consistent cooling (doesn't freeze at the back). Best part is the top compartment can convert into fridge instead of freezer. Only negative is the temperature gauge is just a bar system so you don't really know what temperature your fridge is. My old fridge actually indicated the temperature in degrees.

Joy63

Joy63AU

Quiet, spacious, energy efficient fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ch A.

Ch A.asked

628L Top Mount SR625BLSTC (Black Stainless Steel)

Hi
My one is having trouble getting fridge cold. It kept getting warmer and warmer but the freezer is super coldest. Have both fridge and freezer on coldest at the moment. Any ideas?

Tania C

Tania Casked

628L Top Mount SR62 Series

Where can replacement door shelves be gotten from? Anytime I remove to clean them they crack on the holders?

jenodonasked

628L Top Mount SR625BLSTC (Black Stainless Steel)

What setting should the fridge and freezer be on please, coolest for both?

David

In my experience, no. I use middle for freezer, one left of mid for fridge and have found the temps to be very good, under -18 C in the freezer, and under 3C in the fridge. There’s no need to go colder than that. (It’s always a good idea to have a thermometer though to check your own fridge.)

Thanks David.
I use middle for freezer but find I need to use more for fridge. I'm in QLD. The fridge doesn't get opened that often but we still get condensation. I'll get a thermometer.

Wayne
Wayne

Hi I have just purchased this fridge it’s great but my fridge doesn’t seem to be getting cold all I have is the blue bars how do the temps go

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung 628L Top Mount SR62 Series
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,199.00$2,299.00
Dimensions 1722 x 836 x 810 mm1722 x 836 x 810 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm and Frost FreeConvertible Fridge/Freezer, Door Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack Stainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Weight91 kg91 kg
Door Hinge Reversible Door HingeReversible Door Hinge
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity