Samsung Galaxy S4

Samsung Galaxy S4

i9500, i9505, i9506 and i9507

An oldie but a goody

Have actually switched from S9 back to the S4.
The best things about the S4 are the video features & fact that you can customize your contacts with individual msg/ringtones & pics. I can instantly tell who's calling/msging me by sound alone.
My favourite feature though is the camera. Granted it may not be up there re: pixel count but in video mode you can shoot in slow or fast motion at 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed. Have taken some great vids of demolition work in super fast motion to achieve a timelapse effect & some great slo/mo shots of my dog in action. The lack of this feature is the main reason i switched from the S9 back to the good old S4.
Throw in the fact that you don't have to remortgage your house if you need to replace the screen & you've got a bargain.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Was good but..

Its not a bad phone but because its old its just not up to par with the latest phones obviously. Ive had it for 3 years now, it's slow, the battery dies really soon, the phone dies when i open snapchat for some reason but i guess its still working? I am in need of a new phone

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Good for price

Has a Good battery life. I like that you can take out the battery. Nice upgrade from other phones. Very thin and not too heavy. Camera could be better and breaks too easily. Would prefer if there were more accessories available to it. Has good features such as power saving mode

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Overheats

I have purchased two S4 phones and both get hot when held to your ear. Samsung have tested under warrenty and says it's OK, but it's not! It's very uncomfortable.
They take no responsibility to fix.
I don't intend to buy Samsung products again, customer service to me is very important.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Basic and reliable

Purchased for Mother with strict instructions that it must be simple to use. It is indeed. It is also reliable, intuitive to use, reasonably durable and well made. There are no unnecessary features/complications.

Purchased new from old stock through eBay. Australian retailer.

Standard micro USB plug. Battery lasts a day or two.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

WIFI won't work in Cuba.

I use my s4 in Cuba. Works fine as phone but will not connect to wifi in. All at her phones work fine except galaxy S4 and maybe S5. I had the same problem with my S6 . But after a year they upgraded software and now it works in Cuba. I hope they upgrade my S4 and allow me to connect to wifi in cuba. If you Google
S4 WIFI CUBA. You will see many complaints .

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Coverage issues

Having trouble with service coverage. Seems to be less than other phones in same area. cant make calls even thou i have three bars. can any one assist with this problem. Having trouble with service coverage. Seems to be less than other phones in same area. cant make calls even thou i have three bars. can any one assist with this problem.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love the phone, but can be optimised better.

The phone is very good to use for this day and age, but don't expect the fastest experience. The software of the phone is the only thing that slows it down because it is unoptimized. Nice camera quality, slow to focus, but the colours are very bright and vivid. The software does though have very nice smart features like glance screen and wave to answer.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Great mobile phone

The Galaxy S4 is good to use , has a nice display, an improved camera and a huge amount of software features and functions, many of which are gimmicks. This is an excellent and overall outstanding smartphone, also a long battery life which i find from my previous phone. Great photo taking.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Simple and reliable

This phone is such a good phone all round - it takes great quality photos, has removable battery and expandable memory and does everything you would expect in a smartphone! It is really sturdy too and has survived being dropped numerous times. Still works just as good as the first time I bought it. Don't see any reason to upgrade to newer gimmicky phones when this classic model does everything it needs to!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Bad phone

It is the bad phone I had ever use. The screen is thin and is easy to be cracked. The battery life is short. Some time it is shut down without any notifications. The price is good, but the phone life should be considered. Overall, it's an Ok phone ^^.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Not the best

Phone is still working however is slow and sluggish, freezes constantly, sometimes doesn't ring (when in range) and battery now only lasts 1/2 a day with no use (phone under 2 years). I loved Samsung previously however will not buy again. Biggest gripe is the camera. The camera on a previous phone I had (s2) was brilliant. So many moments lost to poor picture quality. Also curved screen makes it almost impossible to scroll as it triggers it on the side.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Robust and Reliable.

Actually this is the birthday gift I bought for my hubby. And he loved it until he dropped it and broke the screen a year later. It fulfilled all his needs for a mobile. Good battery life and easy to use. He has dropped it quite a few times until the last fall on our stone floor ended its life. It costs quite a bit to fix the screen. So he signed up a contract for his Samsung galaxy S5.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Robust and functional

I got this one after my old HTC died and it's lasted me longer than I thought it would! Although it's an old model, it can still support many of the latest apps. The internal memory is quite large and expandable with a micro SD card. The camera is good and has extra modes like night shooting, panorama, and HDR - great for someone who doesn't want to own a standalone camera. Have dropped mine multiple times and no cracks on the screen! (I have a screen protector). The biggest downsides are the built-in samsung apps that you can't uninstall, and the battery life. Mine seems to need charging every 24 hrs even when I don't use it at work...

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Awesome phone!

This has been a great phone. I have owned several other phone from other manufacturers and this one seems so much easier to navigate the menus and also the screen is really bright so it's good when i'm working outside. The battery life is also pretty good and will normally last most of the day.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This phone has lasted forever!

This Galaxy S4 has lasted me for ages- and it was a hand me down from a family member who had it for two years before me. It's survived through being dropped probably 100 times, and the battery is still going quite good. The corner did crack near the home button when dropped facedown without a case, but it has functioned well with the crack for 6+ months.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Great phone of its times

Used this phone for almost 4 years and only changes it because of a screen replacement went wrong. Otherwise even after 4 years from its release it is still beats to most phones in its price range. The full HD screen is vibrant and bright. The SD 620 process has decent power to handle the demanding new apps and the removable battery and the expandable storage which are luxary in these days is another plus point. If you are looking for a decent phone for your mom or kids for a price that won't break your bank this is the phone to look for.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Love it

I love my Samsung S4 though I purchased it second hand I can honestly say it's a great phone, and I have always found Samsung to be a reliable brand.

Perfect midprice

Love this phone. Perfect price range, great size - not too big, no problems at all. Recommend it. A bit slippery so definitely needs a case to protect and prevent from slipping out of my hands or pocket. Otherwise, the perfect phone for me. Great for teenagers too, not too expensive if they lose it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

I don't recommend Samsung galaxy if u r looking for a phone that's ment to last more then a few year

This is my second Samsung galaxy phone I have ever owned the first one I bought I wasted money on because it over heated so bad it burned to touch so I tossed it in the garbage, I bought the one I have now and it's cropping out as well, it gets hott, shuts down on me works when it wants to work the first one capped out after the first month of owning and this one at least lasted a few years now it's cropping out do u ever make phones to last? I don't recommend Samsung galaxy if u buy a phone to last because u will have to buy a new one in a few years..e first one capped out after the first month of owning and this one at least lasted a few years now it's cropping out do u ever make phones that last?

Date PurchasedMar 2014

one of the reviewers mentioned that his S4 has marshmallow op sys 6.0.0. I thought that the S4's only upgraded to lollipop (5.0.0). Is it only one of the models that upgrades to marshmallow, or can all of them. I am interested in the i19505 model. I need lollipop as a minimum to link to the bluetooth system in my wifes' car.
Yeah all variants of the S4 only got updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 but with flashing custom ROMs can be upgraded to 6.0.1 or 7.1. However if you don't know what I mean by custom ROMs don't worry all you need to know is that it's last update was 5.0.1.Thank you Gavin.Hi Bankers, Had the same problem with my Note 4 and the dealer not being able to pair it with the bluetooth on my new Outlander. Eventually, I found on the US Mitsubishi Owners' web site, a suggestion of trying to use the code "1234" instead of the Mitsubishi recommended "0000" (or vice versa - use the code that you have not tried). Anyway, the Note 4 paired immediately and has remained stable ever since. Hope this helps.

The on/off button on my 2-month-old S4 won't work. Your solution, please! (Don't suggest a new battery).
Take it to a service center who can get the button replaced. Chances are, you should be covered by warranty. Good luck!Hi, I have never had this issue. I suggest you take it to a phone repair shop.

How do I find out number of someone who just rung me?
Hit the green 'Phone' icon, then hit the 'Logs" icon at the top of the screen

Galaxy S4 i9505Galaxy S4 i9500Galaxy S4 i9506Galaxy S4 i9507
Operating SystemAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroid
Display Size5inches5inches5inches5inches
Battery2600mAh2600mAh2600mAh2600mAh
Rear Camera13MP13MP13MP13MP
Front Camera2MP2MP2MP2MP
Price (RRP)$549$599
ChipsetQuad-Core Snapdragon 600Exynos 5 OctaQuad-Core Snapdragon 800
Replaced bySamsung Galaxy S5Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and Samsung Galaxy S5Samsung Galaxy S5Samsung Galaxy S5

• GTIN14: 08806085559127