Samsung Gear S2

Samsung Gear S2

Classic, Sport

Nice quality watch

Nice quality watch. I use it mostly for work. It's great to have all your notifications show on your watch so you don't have to dig your phone out on the job. Also it's a good pedometer and heart rate meter as well. Love it.

Samsung
KathSamsung

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung watch, Michael. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Should you have any further enquiries, feel free to send us a message.

Kath
Samsung AU

Awesome watch

Samsung
KathSamsung
Costas S

Costas SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Smart watch

Have had this watch for 2 years and not had any issues. It still works like it did on day 1. No issues with the band like other reviewers and I even wear it during volleyball games. Pretty good at tracking walks, runs, elliptical and general exercise. If the heart rate sensors and voice assistant were better/smarter it would get 5 stars. Notifications work well and I use smart lock to keep the phone unlocked while in the proximity of the watch which is handy. Maybe in a year or so I may upgrade, but this device is pretty reliable and other than potentially longer battery life I can't see I would get much more value out of a new one.

Purchased in February 2017 at Digital World International (DWI) for $229.00.

Courtz

CourtzLaunceston

Convenient

So convenient and handy for recieving notifications when you dont have your phone on you or if your phone is on silent. Comfortable bands and dont look bulky or heavy on your wrist. Easy to use and setup. Easy charging. Heaps of apps you can add on it to go with your phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Didn't live up to IP rating

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Liam D

Liam DAU

Don't get this if you have an iPhone

Samsung says that the Gear S2 (and newer Gear S3) works with the iPhone. Sure, it does; but there are some very serious compromises. Firstly, connection will regularly drop (randomly). Secondly, there are hardly any apps available to iPhone users in the Gear S app. And finally, many features which work if you have a Samsung phone do not work if the Gear S2 is paired with an iPhone, such as Samsung Pay and the S Health features. Overall, if you have an iPhone, it's hard to recommend this- get an Apple Watch instead.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Karen

KarenSydney

Very good

I have had my gear for 1 year now and my oy issue has been the bands keep breaking. Have had 4 replacement bands in a year.
The features are good and complete all the health tracking quite accurately with a sufficient amount of information recorded, especially sleep recording. I cracked the screen but it still works. Durable little device if the bands were more hardy.

7Olives

7OlivesMelbourne

Good But Got Over It

I was all over this when I first got it, but recently dont really wear it. I guess the novelty has worn off to some extent. Part of it is having yet another tech item to charge. The S2 is a good device and it delivers as promised. I used the fitness tracker the most and I set it up for Google pay but only used it twice. Nice design, just too much tech these days!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
slardar

slardarNSW, 1825

Average battery life, but nicely handles notifications, fitness tracking and somewhat intuitive UI

truth

truthBrisbane

Nice watch, bad battery

I bought two of these watches, one for myself and one for my partner.
I liked that they suit both male/female, they are minimilstic and the UI looks cool.

The problem.
Battery Life: You need to charge this thing at least every second day. I like keeping my watches on at all times. If it was once a week I would be fine with it but I can't stand having to charge it so often.
This is the big flaw with most smart watches of today. The technology is amazing but the battery technology can't keep up.

As far as smart watch goes, it's amazing, one of the best.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hakan T

Hakan TMelbourne

Nice watch, great features

Great watch, with wonderful features. Definitely handy to have, especially if you work somewhere quite busy and need to see your notifications at a glance. The only downside is the battery life, which lasts about a day or two. If that is an issue, I would probably recommend the Gear S3. Otherwise a great first step into the smartwatch world

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Ron

RonAdelaide

Loving it

I have this watch from 2 years and working awesome with my old s5.
Just having issue with new non Samsung phone.
Service centre is also superb and replace belt even just couple of days before 2 years warranty period.
Really happy with this watch and battary also last for at least 3 days.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Miriam

MiriamBrisbane

Watch easily water damaged by usual everyday use

Loved the watch until it stopped working after18months. Samsung said it had liquid damage. It was well looked after, with only the occasional splash of water from hand or dishwashing, which was quickly dried off. It was never submerged in water. Samsung will not honour their 24 month warranty if they consider it liquid damaged. It's clear the seal on this watch must be inadequate. Consider how you will use it before purchasing, alternatively treat it like a dress watch.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Dylan S

Dylan SMelbourne

Limited functionality

Compared to the standards on Android based wearables such as the Google voice recognition, the Gear S2 is significantly behind. Not functional for much, I often use it to receive and read notifications, send calls and quick replies to messages and texts as I am hooked up to my wireless headphones.

It is smaller and more stylish than many other smart watches out there, and great light weight too.

I'd stick to it if you happened to be with a Samsung phone, and its lasted me nearly a year now no worries. If you had another phone though, I'd consider a more functional other non Tizen based operating system watch.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Andrew P

Andrew Pmelbourne

Great smart watch! Looks like a normal watch!

Bought this watch because it looked more like a normal watch. The watch is great. Screen is clear and easy to read. Functions are fantastic, even when connected to my iPhone I am still able to access most of the functions of the watch. Battery life is better then expected, you get a good day and a half with normal use. Fitness tracker is accurate and measures heart rate regularly. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Vivek

VivekCoorparoo

Excellent watch.

I bought 2 of these for me and my wife. I also have a Gear S3 Classic which i interchange frequently according to how I dress overall. The good thing about Gear S2 is it's size and weight. It is small enough for a comfortable feeling wrist which is fantastic for someone like me with a small wrist. The battery life leaves something to be desired at time with only 2 days of usability with light use. I wish it had a loudspeaker though. Overall, the tracking and connectivity is brilliant.

Raf J

Raf JSouth Australia, 5000

Great watch - Functionality could better

Bought this at the Telstra store just under a year ago. Wanted it to go with the S8, and it was a bit smaller than the new S3 watch released.

The twist navigation works really well, and when it's on, it barely looks like a smartwatch. The Samsung pay facility is good too, no need to take out the wallet or phone to make payment. Changed the band to a metal one, easy to switch between this and the leather one.

Battery life isn't great, barely lasts a day, and the new charges for the S3 model are too big for this older model. Otherwise, works well regardless.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Adrian

AdrianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice watch - highly recommended

I bought the gear s2 as a birthday present and prove to be a worthy candidate, especially so when during driving so that one will not have to look at the phone. You can read your sms messages, whatsapp messages, monitor your sleep too. Looking at getting one for myself too.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

S. Goh

S. GohVIC, 3067

Perfect Companion for Samsung Galaxy Note

I am wearing this watch while doing this review. In fact, I'm wearing it almost all the time, every day! The sports band is surprisingly comfortable, perfect watch size for my wrist, lightweight, good battery life, a huge range of Android Wear Apps, and continuous updates from Samsung. Charging is easy with the included magnetic cradle dock. It takes 2-3 hours for a full charge, last about 2 days on average. The text notification feature is very useful, I could read and reply text without taking out my phone. The watch display is great, readable under harsh sunlight. However, the continuous Bluetooth-pairing has drained my phone's battery quickly, and therefore a portable Powerbank is a must.

Kingston

KingstonEpping

Perfect for my needs

As a gym beginner i was looking for a device to help me fulfil my fitness goals. The Samsung Gear S2 does this and more. The seamless integration with my Galaxy S7 created a very easy and complete experience for daily use. There are very few gripes with this device other than its disappointing battery life and hard to see display under bright conditions but many consumers will find it more than efficient.

Date PurchasedDec 2017