Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series

Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series Questions & Answers

UA65TU8000WXXY (65"), UA43TU8000WXXY (43"), UA75TU8000WXXY (75"), etc...
Listing monitored by Samsung

26 questions from our users

Stephen H.asked
TU8000 Crystal Series

Hi, I have 50 inch TV purchased in Dec 2020. June this year the backlight failed and was replaced. This month on the 10th (July), the backlight has failed yet again. I contacted Samsung to organise a replacement TV. The Olympics are on and my partner who loves sport (that's why we bought the TV) on the recommendation of the sales representative can't enjoy the Olympics. The Samsung team refused to book an appointment because we have been isolating because of Covid. We wanted to book after isolating was completed. Answer - No !!!! I was then told on Friday I would get a response in 48 hours.. NO !!! I had to contact again I was then told I would be contacted within 2 hours. That was 24 hours ago. Can I get some help please ?????

Frank M
Frank Masked
TU8000 Crystal UA82TU8000WXXY (82")

So I have recently purchases the Samsung 82in Smart TV, but not very Sam art at all on digital optical volume. My previous 50in TV had no issues with the volume, this new TV, the volume is so low from the toslink cable that I connect my Hearing aid device, I am struggling to hear the volume. Surely there must be an option to be able to adjust the volume.

Angel
Angel

I would ring Samsung if it was important

Richard
Richardasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

I am now wishing i read some of these reviews before we paid for this unit, The biggest issue i am hearing is "not getting the support." our tv has not been delivered yet and we are now fearful Samsung reps will disregard any follow ups if required. Can someone from Samsung reassure we will be looked after?

Reviewer R.

Check the number of official responses here for a guide.

Figgy
Figgyasked
TU8000 Crystal UA82TU8000WXXY (82")

We have just purchased this particular TV and have found a problem in the set up for me anyway! I set the TV up in the same way as our other 55" that we superseded with this one however the volume and picture have intervals when both the sound and the picture disappear for 1 or 2 seconds for no apparent reason. This happens sometimes within quick succession and sometimes randomly mid-sentence! Could someone give me an idea as to why this is happening please?

Reviewer R.

Why not simply ask Samsung directly ?

Ann
Annasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

Our current TV is Samsung. Our mobiles are Samsung. This new TV is looking to be a huge mistake - and Samsung Support must be the worse I have every come across!!! I knew more than the person at the end of the telephone which is amazing.
So, issue is we cannot record to external hard drive - there is no menu option at all. Support could not tell me anything.
And the remote is a backward step. The TV will be going back...

Tom F.
Tom F.asked
TU8000 Crystal Series

does this tv have recording capabilities
to usb drive

Gbanger
Gbanger

Not sure about using a USB to record but I think you can use a portable hard drive. I have not attempted that yet. Might pay to call Samsung to confirm.

wendy
wendyasked
TU8000 Crystal UA43TU8000WXXY (43")

weve just purchased this tv and are having a real issue with finding freeview on it . it has freeview on demand but no freeview app. whats going on? Wendy

ray
ray

Hi Wendy, whilst I'm no tech expert, if you press the Home button on your remote and scroll across to Source, you should see Samsung TV............Freeview should be available. Better still, go to the Apps icon and put all the channels you want to watch on your Home page at he bottom of the screen. Much easier and quicker. that seems to work well and have had no trouble with that. good luck.

Kim
Kimasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

Hi, just bought a 75 inch series 800/ TU 800. I have a Bose speaker that I used via Bluetooth on my old TV Samsung and it worked fine. Have tried connecting it to my new set and it connects and works but the volume is very low and I cannot turn it up or down with the either tv volume or the speaker volume control, it just stays at the same level. The speaker is a Bose Revolve sound link. Appreciate your help. Kim

Fred
Fred

Hi Kim, I have had two TU8000s and both had bad sound cards. The sound card in the first one failed almost immediately, and the second one after 3-months. Samsung seems unwilling/unable to do anything about the problem and their Customer Service is non-existent. I can only hope you have better luck than I have had.

Black Thumb Down
Black Thumb Downasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

The legs on the Samsung TU800 are Dangerous. You can lightly touch the TV with your finger & it moves/ rocks a fair bit, it could easily fall over too easily. Yet there is no brace attachment point provided on the TV.

The remote is too basic & it takes longer to navigate the settings & channels etc. because there are hardly any buttons on it which means that the ones that are there do many different things. Channels can only be selected using the onscreen channel list. Get a spare remote while you can because this one will wear out fast. Not a very good picture either its too bright on skin that is reflecting light. If you tweak this issue out then the screen becomes too dark.
I do not like this cheaply made TV.

Andy W.

Yep all in all it's a pretty average TV. Has issues with Foxtel and PS4 turnkng on and off. Basically could have just bought a normal TV and a Chromecast lol

Reviewer R.

Sounds like a review but what is your question?

eugene
eugeneasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

Hi, for the 75 inch TU8000, what is the width between the legs in front and behind the TV? Please give me the distance between the legs in front of the TV and also the distance between the legs behind the TV. Because the the legs are not set up 90degrees (perpendicular) to the TV. From the pictures, I believe the distance between the legs behind the TV is shorter. TQ

umar1206
umar1206asked
TU8000 Crystal Series

what is the speed of the ethernet port?

Warren B.
Warren B.asked
TU8000 Crystal UA43TU8000WXXY (43")

Can live TV be recorded on this model

Andy W.

Hi Warren, pretty sure it's a standard feature on tvs connected to any live programming source.

Warren B.
Warren B.asked
TU8000 Crystal UA43TU8000WXXY (43")

Can you record live TV or use time shift on this TV

Jess
Jessasked
TU8000 Crystal Series

Love the tv as it is an upgrade from my old LG 2013 smart tv but....it is currently a week old and was wondering why while watching the voice drops intermittently I have tried the settings no change. I have a Roku device that used to stream all my content (no Cable) I did not have this issue with the old tv (voice drop) so I am leaning towards the tv. Any Ideas? Jc

Carol
Carolasked
TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

Hi there
Am i correct in saying this TV has NO record function? I have an external 3.0 hard drive that the TV recognises but I am unable to get any RECORD options on the TV?
Thanks in advance ! Carol

Dipak B.
Dipak B.asked
TU8000 Crystal Series

what is the weight of this unit

Kateasked
TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

Anyone had issues with the screen being black and not working yet the audio still does?

HappyMrC
HappyMrC

Yes happened a few times when streaming with Disney and Apple Apps.

I had to close apps and start again. Sometimes it took several attempts for this to work.

Reinstalling apps and Resetting TV may also help, yet if you have to do this with the TV regularly it is not working properly in my view.

I have intermittent and irregular problems like this as we speak as an example, which is why my review is so low because Samsung Customer Care are very poor to deal with.

Kate

Mine does too. When I am watching free to air TV, the screen goes black or very dimly lit, but the audio is fine. Some days its works beautifully. I’ve had it looked at once. Will get it looked at again. Only two months old!

There seems to be a batch of faulty 50 inch TV's where the backlight fails

fillipdesignasked

What keyboards can I use with my tu8000

Tan Ho
Tan Ho

Google it would be my answer as I say in my review of Samsung TU8000 can’t comment on outputs as my Mother is only using it to watch TV

fillipdesign

Thanks but Google does not have all the answers I think it's to new to have any, it seems

SandyD
SandyDasked
TU8000 Crystal UA43TU8000WXXY (43")

Can I install apps such as YouTube, Patreon, Skillshare, etc, onto this T.V.?
If not, what else do I need to be able to watch content from these apps on this T.V?

Steve
Steve

Do NOT buy this tv. Read and trust the reviews. Tv is full of ads and spyware from samsung. Get an LG or hisense. As for yor question most smart tvs come with yotube app pre installed As for the others youcan buy amazon firestick or access websites through browser

Willow S.
Willow S.

How come Steve i do not get adds at all I have utube installed thats all I also installed my Chrome cast for the apps I cannot get

lol anon.
lol anon.

Alot depends on whether or not anyone is prepared to pay for add free apps and also what you look at on other devices. Spyware is not significant as Google for the last 30 years have been intruding Facebook, Amazon they all listen in. It is called sales. Marketing for you your area and your unborn children. If you don't want any privacy intrusion do what the F.B.I agent suggested. " Go live in a cave with not even a microwave near you". End quote. Nothing to hide then who cares LG all smart T.Vs have got the rumour of a hidden inbuilt Camera. Who cares. Simple answer I walked into lounge with tablet watching You tube and it asked if I wanted to watch it on T.V I WAS WTH but just pushed no.

Dieter G.asked

TU8000 2 weeks old ,
I trying to help my 82 year old Neighbor.
I can not ( or can )use a USB Stick 16G to record a Program (tried with FAT32 and NTFS).

mish
mish

Im not too sure sorry maybe ask google

Samsung
AdaSamsung

Hi Dieter, would you be able to provide us with the model of the TV so we can further look into this? To locate this, head to TV Menu -> Support -> About TV

Ada
Samsung AU

UA50TU8000WXXY

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series