Samsung WW85J54E0IW

Samsung WW85J54E0IW

MPN: WW85J54E0IW

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

M Duncan

M DuncanPerth, WA

Over powering smell of rubber

Purchased in November 2019.

KathSamsung

Stopped working!

Had it for two years. and now it has stopped working. tried having a look myself. Motor, PCB etc. seem to be fine but washing machine does not spin. $200 for a call-out of a technician or replacing the whole thing for $600 with 2 years warranty. This has been disappointing!

KathSamsung

HI Muhammad. Sorry to hear of your experiences with us so far and I would like to investigate this further for you. If you would like me to do so, would you be able to send us a private message with your Samsung reference number?

Kath
Samsung AU

Bright sight

Bright sightPerth, WA

Perfect

Its perfect and I like it a lot. The washing cycles are not so long and it has a quick wash for 15 mins and daily wash for just over an hour.

Purchased in May 2019.

Shahin K.

Shahin K.Sydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY- FAULTY DESIGN

Bought this unit 11 months ago. Like many other Samsung Washing machines, it has a major issue: leaking problem due to bad door and sealing design.
In Samsung technician report, it is mentioned that, it is not covered by warranty as an object stuck between door and sealing.
So, Samsung needs to give a new instruction to their buyers and ask them to watch the machine while it is working and make sure nothing gets between the door and sealing.
So, if you are reading my review and planning to buy this washing machine, thinks twice.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Shahin. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive piece of rubbish

I bought my Samsung 8.5 kg front loader ww85J54101W in October 2015, loved it at first a few minor problems when out of warranty, but now I'm sure the whole street can hear it ! $699 for not even 4 years, my Maytag lasted 25 years, Not even going to waste my time getting someone out, this time I'll do my research, definitely not Samsung!

Purchased in October 2015 at David Jones Retail Stores for $699.00.

AdaSamsung

Adris S.

Adris S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

great machine

our Samsung washer is great it has some good features, quick wash easy iron ,it has to be one of the quietest washing machines on the market its great very happy with it

Purchased in February 2019 at Radio Rentals SA for $700.00.

Sree

Sree

Great washing machine for growing family

Very great washing machine for any growing family. Large enough if you are working and can do washing only weekly. No sound at all while performing washing. So much of inbuilt functions to help perform a good wash

Purchased in March 2019 for $650.00.

Michael

Michael

Perfect washing machine

Bought this washing machine and have it used for 1 month.

It runs smooth and perfectly,as it offers a lot of features.

Will recommend this product to anyone because of the price.

Purchased in December 2018.

AllySydney, NSW

Bought two machines, both lasted 3-4 years only!!

Probably shouldn't have replaced my first Samsung front loader when it died after only four years with another Samsung front loader! Again after three years my washing machine just stopped dead, mid cycle last Saturday. Surely these machines are meant to last longer than 3-4 years??
So painful waiting around for a service technician and then to be charged an arm and a leg for the call-out!
I think it's time to change brand, need something more durable and reliable.
I recommend that you think twice before buying this product!

Purchased in November 2015 at The Good Guys.

Samsung AUSamsung
Ally

Yes Samsung got in contact with me. Did this contact resolve anything? The answer is no! They had absolutely no care for understanding my issue which has now been left unresolved. Just another washing machine sent to landfill - good one Samsung!!

Pamela

PamelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent product - we love it!

We are very happy with this machine -- great variety of wash cycles which can easily be customised, very quiet operation, 1400 spin cycle which doesn't leave clothes and linen permanently creased -- and is quite economical on the water. The excellent price also meant we could afford an upgrade from 7.5kg to 8.5kg which is good for all the washable bedding as it has a bit more room.

RJWasked

How long should washing machines, used normally, last for before needing replacement

RJW

Has everyone noticed the 'how long is a piece of string' type of wording produced by manufacturers and in the ACL and by the ACCC. The only remedy if toy the purchaser thinks they've a justifiable grievance is to go to the small claims tribunal - where you're subject to the whim of a lawyer sitting as a judge but no more savvy than you when it comes to assessing lifespan.
A good idea would be statutory minimums for white goods, establishing a national database wouldn't be rocket science.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual