Streets Golden Gaytime

Streets Golden Gaytime

What Happened?

I was very surprised and disappointed with the new version. I didn't know Golden Gaytimes were going to be changed. They have been one of my favourite icecreams for many years (I am in my sixties). I probably won't buy them again. It was like an icy pole version. Its the first time I've ever had pain in my teeth from eating them.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths.

Gary

Gary New South Wales

Failed

The ‘new’ gay time ice cream is terrible. Cheap version of a previously really good ice cream, would not buy again or recommend. As always profits come first, finding a way to make it cheaper rather than leave it the same.

Purchased in January 2021.

iain edwards

iain edwardsSydney, NSW

I have stopped buying golden gay times as they stain!!!

I was eating a gaytime and it dripped all over my shirt, now I can’t get the stain out and my shirt it’s ruined. I will tell everyone not to buy golden gay times improve your stuff get rid off the stain

Purchased in January 2021 at Harris Farm Markets Bondi Beach.

Felicity

FelicityPenrith

Perfect Flavour and Texture

I purchased a pack of Golden Gaytimes from Coles in the last week. This is the best they've been in years. The caramel flavour centre has always been good though the biscuit crumb coating used to be soggy. The pack from this week were perfect, not only the centre was nice, so was the crispy coating.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Salina M.

Salina M.Sydney, NSW

Golden Gaytime krispy kreme was awful.

We purchased the Golden Gaytime Krispy Kreme flavour and it was a real disappointment all around. The ice cream did not taste like vanilla but more like ice. lt was soggy and lacked chocolate flavour.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.00.

Nicholas I.

Nicholas I.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

im australian and it is really good in summer

really good to eat, one of the best ice creams

Purchased in November 2011 at IGA for $2.99.

Gaytime Sanga disgusting

I agree with many other posters here the Golden Gaytime Sanga is the worst icecream I have eaten in Australia. Not just nothing like a proper Gaytime but really poor quality, a horrible taste and chemical after taste. Also looks nothing like the picture on the box.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $6.00.

HannahLouise

HannahLouise

Best Icecream Ever

The reviews here are false, it deserves 5 stars, it is the best icecream hands down.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Gaytime sanga

Bought a box of gaytime Sangas, terrible, won't be buying them again, will stick to the normal ones thankyou.

Purchased in October 2019 at Foodland .

Andrew

AndrewEvatt 2617, ACT

something changed in gaytime recipe

just bought a goldengaytime for the first time in a few months and it tasted quite bad, something has obviously changed in the recipe. far too sweet now and less creamy taste. also smaller! please change it back to how it was!!

Purchased in October 2019 at deakin iga for $3.70.

Kayleigh

KayleighSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sad time not gaytime

So in the quality of the gaytime now. The biscuit crumb was sparse and not at all like I remember and I have had a few gaytimes over my 40+years

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

ajob

ajobHunter Region, NSW

Stupidly disgusting Sanga

A really unpleasant concoction, I am really surprised that Streets would damage their brand like this. I was expecting some resemblance in taste to the wonderful GG, but no, this is just rubbish

Purchased in June 2019 at IGA for $3.50.

Not worth the money!

The golden gaytime sanga does not taste like the original. I like the idea of the new product but unfortunately it was very disappointing. Definitely not worth the money and will not buy again.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Harrison Smith

Harrison SmithSydney, NSW

Golden Gaytime Sanga is a detriment to the brand

Tried the Golden Gaytime Sanga and it was a let down to the legacy of the Golden Gaytime. The icecream was very icy and not at all creamy. The chocolate coating was extremely thin, with nowhere near as many biscuit pieces embedded in it as a usual golden gaytime. The biscuit portion of the 'sanga' also had an odd taste to it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths for $8.00.

borntodan

borntodanAU

My first Golden Gaytime!

Find out how Streets Golden Gaytime compares to other Ice Creams

Not as good as i remember

All i could taste is the nice biscuit crumbs and then hit with sugar , sugar. The icecream is too sweet with not much flavour, and the chocolate coating is so thin, u could barely notice it's there. Again nothing hits you from the chocolate. These gaytime originals used to be much better. But just like almost every other chocolate/ice cream icon, they get smaller and cheaper on taste.

Nic. R

Nic. RMelbourne

What a shock to the system

Streets Sanga Gaytime

Golden Gaytime is my favourite ice cream. Today I finally got to try the new Sanga Gaytime - but this was the worst ice cream I have ever eaten. The dark chocolate is horrible and ice cream was bland. I threw it away- never done that before!!!

Candy

CandySydney

GAYTIME SANGA IS AWFUL.

I had a box of connoisseur ice cream cookies in my hand, but when I noticed Gaytime came in a sanga style I had to put down the icecream cookies to try that instead! what a mistake.... they tasted horrible there's an off taste to them in fact. The quality was garbage. Stick to the original, don't purchase the sanga.

OnlineShopper11

OnlineShopper11South East Queensland, QLD

Gaytime Sanga = Utter Garbage

Utter garbage. The Gaytime 'Sanga' is the poorest excuse for an ice-cream it's ever been my misfortune to pay for. The box of 4 cost me just over $8 which is $8 more than they're worth! I wouldn't eat them again if they were giving them away for free, that's how awful they really are. Thin and bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the picture on the box, these things had an odd, almost bitter after taste, stale crumbs and crappy compounded dark chocolate. The person responsible for this abomination should be ashamed of his or herself. Like another reviewer here I wish I'd just bought a box of the tried and true Maxibons. Now THERE'S an ice-cream worth its weight in gold!