Streets Golden Gaytime

Streets Golden Gaytime

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jenny Y
Jenny YSydney, NSW

New version tastes watery and too sweet

Golden Gaytimes were once my favourite. It use to be creamy and caramel like. Now it has no much sugar, too much ice and is not creamy at all. Luckily Honeycomb Magnums hits the spot, they remind me of the old Gaytimes.

Purchased in January 2021.

What Happened?

I was very surprised and disappointed with the new version. I didn't know Golden Gaytimes were going to be changed. They have been one of my favourite icecreams for many years (I am in my sixties). I probably won't buy them again. It was like an icy pole version. Its the first time I've ever had pain in my teeth from eating them.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths.

Gary
Gary New South Wales

Failed

The ‘new’ gay time ice cream is terrible. Cheap version of a previously really good ice cream, would not buy again or recommend. As always profits come first, finding a way to make it cheaper rather than leave it the same.

Purchased in January 2021.

iain edwards
iain edwardsSydney, NSW

I have stopped buying golden gay times as they stain!!!

I was eating a gaytime and it dripped all over my shirt, now I can’t get the stain out and my shirt it’s ruined. I will tell everyone not to buy golden gay times improve your stuff get rid off the stain

Purchased in January 2021 at Harris Farm Markets Bondi Beach.

Felicity
FelicityPenrith

Perfect Flavour and Texture

I purchased a pack of Golden Gaytimes from Coles in the last week. This is the best they've been in years. The caramel flavour centre has always been good though the biscuit crumb coating used to be soggy. The pack from this week were perfect, not only the centre was nice, so was the crispy coating.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Salina M.
Salina M.Sydney, NSW

Golden Gaytime krispy kreme was awful.

We purchased the Golden Gaytime Krispy Kreme flavour and it was a real disappointment all around. The ice cream did not taste like vanilla but more like ice. lt was soggy and lacked chocolate flavour.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.00.

Nicholas I.
Nicholas I.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

im australian and it is really good in summer

really good to eat, one of the best ice creams

Purchased in November 2011 at IGA for $2.99.

Gaytime Sanga disgusting

I agree with many other posters here the Golden Gaytime Sanga is the worst icecream I have eaten in Australia. Not just nothing like a proper Gaytime but really poor quality, a horrible taste and chemical after taste. Also looks nothing like the picture on the box.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for $6.00.

HannahLouise
HannahLouise

Best Icecream Ever

The reviews here are false, it deserves 5 stars, it is the best icecream hands down.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Gaytime sanga

Bought a box of gaytime Sangas, terrible, won't be buying them again, will stick to the normal ones thankyou.

Purchased in October 2019 at Foodland .

Andrew
AndrewEvatt 2617, ACT

something changed in gaytime recipe

just bought a goldengaytime for the first time in a few months and it tasted quite bad, something has obviously changed in the recipe. far too sweet now and less creamy taste. also smaller! please change it back to how it was!!

Purchased in October 2019 at deakin iga for $3.70.

Kayleigh
KayleighSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sad time not gaytime

So in the quality of the gaytime now. The biscuit crumb was sparse and not at all like I remember and I have had a few gaytimes over my 40+years

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

ajob
ajobHunter Region, NSW

Stupidly disgusting Sanga

A really unpleasant concoction, I am really surprised that Streets would damage their brand like this. I was expecting some resemblance in taste to the wonderful GG, but no, this is just rubbish

Purchased in June 2019 at IGA for $3.50.

Not worth the money!

The golden gaytime sanga does not taste like the original. I like the idea of the new product but unfortunately it was very disappointing. Definitely not worth the money and will not buy again.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Harrison Smith
Harrison SmithSydney, NSW

Golden Gaytime Sanga is a detriment to the brand

Tried the Golden Gaytime Sanga and it was a let down to the legacy of the Golden Gaytime. The icecream was very icy and not at all creamy. The chocolate coating was extremely thin, with nowhere near as many biscuit pieces embedded in it as a usual golden gaytime. The biscuit portion of the 'sanga' also had an odd taste to it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Read more reviews - page 2