Selleys Original Sugar Soap

Selleys Original Sugar Soap

See the Best All Purpose Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Blackpool girlSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO BUBBLES!!!

I have used this sugar soap for years! Washing walls and floors - no bubbles, but it gets rid of the grease in a couple of wipes. I used it on top of the kitchen cupboard to get rid of that horrid grease/dust build-up and it worked like a treat. Have also used it on some dirty spots on my carpet and they went too, with very little rubbing, and no problems afterwards. If I am thinking of doing some serious cleaning, I would always try Selleys Sugar soap first.

Purchased in January 1990 at Woolworths.

Gem

GemNewcastle

Affordable and fool proof

Selleys sugar soap is a must have in my household especially with little fingers constantly on my walls from a toddler. This product is fool proof when spot cleaning walls and seems to get everything off.

Mas

MasPerth

My go to heavy cleaner

I have been cleaning grout on my kitchen floor tiles. Every few tiles I tried other cleaning methods (vinegar, baking soda and even toilet cleaner) but Selly's Sugar Soap does the best job for me. Also easiest to wipe over. Just used it diluted in a spray bottle. I also noticed it was more effective if I let it stay a few minutes before using the brush on the grout.

SunriseBoy

SunriseBoySouth East Queensland, QLD

Insect spray on wall paint

I unfortunately sprayed "insect crawler" spray on a painted wall and now it appears to have discoloured the paint work. Will the sugar soap dissolve it a bit?
There's a fairly distinct track where the spray was put on.

White, glossy tiles!

Literally the only thing that brings my tiles back to there original colour without scrubbing like crazy. So, so glad I spilt the bucket whilst cleaning my walls before painting!

fredrico

fredricomoss vale nsw

geat all-round product

Like most poeple have used it one floors & walls,but have on occassions used it to remove those very narsty greasy / oily stains from clothes ,but its always best to do a test first to make shaw your not going to damage & /or make things worse than they orready are.

brian

brian

Not too bad

As the place needed re painting a bit more than 10 years ago the obvious choice was to use selleys sugar soap to clean the surface by putting warm water and selleys sugar soap @ works well though it doesnt lather up as good as I expected / I would recommend the selleys sugar soap to anyone that needs to clean a large surface especially walls

P.Chan

P.ChanAustralia

Avage not that amazing

It did refreshing up a bit. But some scuff mark are still there. I find magic sponge is more useful than sugar soap.

sherri

sherriVic, 3802

Good

I like this product. I first bought it because our walls looked grimy and I didn't really have the money to repaint at the time. Someone told me about this product so I bought it.I diluted the sugar soap in some water and started small, in the toilet. I was amazed at how fresh and clean the walls and doors emerged, it was as if they had been freshly painted, so i moved out and did the hallway and family room. Gave a new elase of life to things, and didn't leave streaks. It did take a bit of elbow grease I have to admit.
For a cheap pric e, it gives some excellent results and brings up walls nicely.

i use it for everything especially the stove top splashback are where it does get all the grime from cooking
i hate cleaning the oven so when it eventually does come time to clean it i put sugar soap wioth hot water either in the laundry sink or the bathtub and then put everything i can fit in the sink/bath and leave it to soak for an hour or so, and then when i come back i don't have to scurb very hard at all to get off all that baked in stuff. Works a treat everytime. I also soak the the little vent things in it too.
nothing to mention

passion

passionAU

Effective

I have used Selleys sugar soap for years, whenever we are painting walls we always wash them down first with sugar soap. It really does take the hard work out of preparing walls for painting. It is however good for many other cleaning jobs around the house, especially good to clean your rangehood when they get coated in kitchen grease etc. Just fill a trough will hot water, add some sugar soap, leave to soak for 30 minutes or so and rinse well with hot water. Put out in the sun to dry. It is also good diluted for cleaning many other surfaces around the house.

yavis

yavisQLD, 4030

Works fantastically on grease and grime

notcold1

notcold1AU

Love love love it!!!

Having been a renter for some time now i have to say that this is a product that i can just not live without especially when you have to do a big clean when you move out so that you get your bond back. there is literally nothing that this stuff wont do. You can dilute it to clean the floors with, wash the walls with it, oven surfaces. It gets things really clean and manages with a little elbow grease to remove the most stubborn grease stains or marks on your floors or walls. It also smells really nice and is rather inexpensive and is at all the major supermarkets.

zeekaz

zeekazSydney, NSW

Gets everything off

I love Selleys Sugar Soap. It literally gets everything off dirty walls except the paint. I used this recently before painting and the walls were so clean, i almost didn't have to paint.

TracyJ

TracyJW.A., 6077

piscean

piscean

I have been using Selley's Sugar soap for years for washing down grubby walls and ceilings when it is needed. It is also a great product for cleaning up walls and ceilings before painting to remove grease, grime and dirty marks so that dirt and other contaminants are properly removed and allow paint to adhere properly to previously painted surfaces, particularly with areas such as kitchens. This is also a very effective cleaner for cleaning anything greasy, oily or sticky. A single bottle will last for many jobs as the sugar soap is very concentrated.
excellent product, widely available at hardwares and supermarkets, not expensive

sarahwwww

sarahwwww

I have only ever used the product for cleaning down the walls - before painting and just for cleaning the walls. It does a good job of cleaning and not ruining your paint (if you don't intend to repaint) Sugar soap doesn't leave residue afterwards. will definatley try the other uses suggested by previosu poster.
Cheap widely available product that cleans the walls really well before painting or just for general wall cleaning too. it leaves walls clean without marks without damaging your paint.
I can't think of any - it does exactly what it is meant to.

sharong