Sensodyne Repair & Protect

Sensodyne Repair & Protect

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sensodyne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.6
  • Sensitivity Improvement Yes (4) · No (3)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (2) · No (5)
  • Taste

Amazing, works in seconds, thank you, I'm stocking up, this is magical and fast, best!!!!???

Fast quick relief, best thing ever, having a emergency tooth ache.
This is like morphine
So good
So good no side effects
Amazing, works like a charm
Thanks so much your life saver.

Purchased at Ninelife Australia for $10.00.

Trudy
TrudySouth East Queensland, QLD

Something has changed

I have used this in the past with good desensitising results but something has seriously changed. I switched to another brand about 12 months ago as I felt Sensodyn was lacking in fluoride as my teeth were constantly feeling "furry"and and I felt a constant need to brush them. A few months ago I tried Sensodyne again but now my sensitivity has never been this bad. I even tried different varieties but I will have to bin all of these partially used tubes as my teeth are now so painful I cannot use this toothpaste another day. I hope the other brand can rescue my teeth as I am becoming desperate after this experience. I would hate to have to have them all pulled out as they are appear to be in good condition if they weren't so sensitive.

Purchased in March 2021 at Coles for $20.00.

Ben A.
Ben A.Lismore

New formulation made my mouth sore

I used this toothpaste in the past and had no problems. Started using it again recently and the inside of my mouth has become sore and uncomfortable. A different brand of toothpaste that contains stannous fluoride caused me the same problem, so I'm thinking that ingredient could be the culprit.

Purchased in January 2020.

Taste

Sensodyne toothpaste repair and protect

my teeth were constantly sensitive to hot and cold since I've used sensodyne repair & protect I've noticed a huge difference no more hot and cold teeth. I love this product .

Purchased in December 2019 at Save on foods for $5.99.

Tristan H.
Tristan H.South East Queensland, QLD

Sensodyne complete care...

It's a good toothpaste, but it's only 3/4 full of toothpaste.. It's an expensive product, so I won't be buying it again.. Calling the packaging 100g and not filling it to 100g is a joke.. Back to another brand I will go..

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworth for $11.00.

Ben
BenSydney, NSW

Great product

Have been using sensodyne repair and protect for three months now after taking a dentist's recommendation. I am now not experiencing sensitivity in the problem teeth. It saved me a fortune because expensive dental procedures was the only other option.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Grumpy Mum
Grumpy MumPerth, WA

Caused more issues

This product has caused the inside lining of my mouth and my tongue to become painfully red and inflamed and ulcerated. When I stopped using it it went away within a day. It also made my teeth become more sensitive while using it. Total waste of money as it does the opposite to what it claims.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths.

Ann D
Ann DSouth East Queensland, QLD

this product has caused such pain and expense

Started using this product after dentist recommendation - I used Sensodyne Original previously with no problems. Slowly it has built up to horrendous teeth/mouth pain. Had several dentist visits (costly and painful) but nothing was helping. Did not for one minute think the toothpaste was causing it - as soon as I changed toothpaste the teeth started to gradually become less painful. Now 2 weeks after stopping using the repair & protect toothpaste my mouth as almost returned to normal. Would never use any Sensodyne product ever again after such an horrendous experience and seemingly not being the only one.

Purchased in March 2019.

Nick off
Nick off

Painless..

Both cynic and skeptic I decided to purchase this product in what I thought would be a vain attempt to alleviate the sudden tooth sensitivity I experienced. Much to my joy and relief after only two days most of the pain has been aleaveated. After a week of sleepless nights and almost willing to take a pair of pliers to my teeth I was more than satisfied with the result.Recomended.

Linda
LindaHunter Region, NSW

Excruciatingly painful

My dentist recommended this toothpaste.Every time I brush my teeth with this toothpaste was excruciating pain in nearly every tooth. And eating chocolate at easter was horrific. Changed back to Colgate and no pain.

This product hurt my teeth when brushing

Whenever I brushed my teeth with this product I was in pain. Brushing over certain teeth would send a shiver through me and it was extremely uncomfortable. I decided to try another toothpaste and swap back to Sensodyne occasionally to see if the same thing happened.

I had absolutely no discomfort with other toothpastes but whenever I swapped back to Sensodyne the painful shiver returned.

I can only conclude from this - that Sensodyne toothpaste contributes to sensitive teeth and makes them worse.

I won't be wasting my money in future.

JFarr
JFarrMelbourne

Too much foam

Too much foam despite using only a tiny bit of toothpaste, makes me gag and end up with foam running up my arm as well as all over my face, not exaggerating very messy. I hope they fix this as they usually have such great products.

Julie_Barac
Julie_BaracSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved it!

This is the second sensodyne product ive ever used and i must say i think i've found my favorite. It had a weird 'warming?' sensation that is really pleasant.

The paste is good consistency (not too watery) and had a separate lid as opposed to a flip lid. In regards to performance I felt that it actually worked really well to repair my teeth (which aren't in the best shape). At night i combine it with a tooth mousse (which assists in improving damaged enamal) however i feel like i almost dont even need that anymore. 10/10
'warming sensation', good results (clean and repair of teeth)
None