G&C Mutual Bank Personal Loan

• Timeliness
Nick

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

They want everything

As some previous the criteria these idiots want absolutely every active accounts you have. Ridiculous & very concerning. Not worth the cheap interest rate for credit card. Worst customer service ever received from a ‘bank’.

Application Process
cowboy2321

cowboy2321South East Queensland, QLD

Embarrassing

As some of the previous reviewers stated the criteria to get a credit card with this mob is ridiculous. I really wouldn't waste my time with them. Scratching my head.

Justin

JustinBris Vegas

Holding bank account for scammers

G&C Mutual hold bank account for scammers, when we advised them we had transferred money to an account we believed to be fraudulent (later confirmed) they didn’t care less. Didn’t stop transfer, just defended their criminal client.

Want to be a protected criminal? Join G&C Mutual today!

Samski

SamskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing & Efficient!

I have been with G&C mutual bank for a couple years now. I moved my personal loan from Commonwealth Bank to them and have never been happier! They were very helpful and gave me the best rate without needing to know my life story (unlike CUA). I was just about to finishing paying it off and decided to buy a new car. I contacted them and they (Joy Box in particular) was so helpful. She organised everything, was very efficient and had contracts done and a bank cheque to me within a week!

So within a week I picked up my new car! You cant beat that!
Couldn't recommend enough! :)

Fozette

FozetteSydney

Personal Loan

Absolutely amazing process of applying for a personal loan through G&C. Customer service is top priority and professional, and I couldn't feel more valued as a member. A special thanks to the contact centre manager, who clearly explained the process and made it seem simple. Interest rate was better than some others in the market.

Astounded at these reviews

I was alerted to some of these reviews by a friend and wanted to counter the comments with a very positive story. I have been a member of G&C Mutual Bank for over 10 years and in all that time have found their service and range of products exactly what I would expect and need. Not only do they go above and beyond when I need something they are generally just great to deal with and have all my needs covered. I have a whole range of different products from the including credit card, home loan, savings and investment accounts and couldn't be happier.

cher

cherSydney, NSW

No information given when we paid off our home loan. No information about the change from our credit

No information given when we paid off our home loan. No information given when we changed from friendly staff at close location of Liverpool to phone us but oops we're very busy to take your calls. Have now changed our banking and am about to close account at G&C.

Geoff F

Geoff FPerth

Send in the clowns to this circus

Applied for a $5k credit card but apparently I earn to much money and am self employed and have been for nearly 30 years. Today received a statement of my account which I was charged money for and apparently I have a membership number as well, which I thought I was rejected by them. Do yourself a favour stay away from this 3 ring circus before the clowns get angry!

Sammy2008

Sammy2008Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If there was a ZERO rate - even that would be too high!

ChetanNorth Queensland, QLD

Be Careful of G&C Mutual Bank

Hi All,
I just want to make you aware of when you are trying to check your eligibility for applying a personal loan with G&C Mutual bank, they actually treat it as applied and it gets recorded on your Equifax Credit File. This could be a reason if your loan has recently been rejected. I bought my credit file and noticed 2 entries, I have never ever applied a loan with them. I have asked them for a explanation. Lets wait and see.

Dan

Dan

Very poor

Additional fees after signing up, different information depending on who you speak to, systems don't work, close accounts without contacting after fees paid etc etc.

Kosh Hazratwla

Kosh HazratwlaTownsville

Worst Bank Ever

This bank would have to be classifiably the worst bank ever. There Customer service personnel dont know there product and actually tell lies and once you have signed up you get slugged with fees and charges that they then show the fine print in contract to not pay you back. The senior management is shocking- they actually abuse there customers over the phone. I had to complain to the Financial Ombudsman to get my money back. Shocking. Dont waste your time- go somewhere else

Rusov

Rusovsydney

Another old Quay CU member who is not happy

Fees for everything, including replacing a faulty card.

GC Mutual sucks compared to old Quay CU which was member of 12 years

Worst merger ever

Slowest home loan of lifetime

Date for settlement kept changing which resulted in additional costs. I complained to the then CEO and was told nothing unusual had occurred would not recommend.

Poor customer service

Another previous 20 year + Quay CU customer extremely disappointed by deterioration in customer service. Expect to spend 25min+ on hold for a basic query, have your interest rates on loans increased without notification etc. Am in the process of changing institutions as we speak...

Geoff F 761499

Geoff F 761499Perth, WA

Credit Card not for Self Employed even after 17 years of trading

Applied for credit card only for $6k. Asked for wages slips provided those. Asked for my business accounts provided that. Provided last 2 years P & L's and then told 4 months later that self employed people are not on their radar for credit cards. What a waste of my time and the "broker" who wanted all this information and then after jumping through all these hoops told no way!

Terrible

Previous Quay CU customer. Going to cancel my account as ever since the merger:
- horrible security: person over the phone gave me my netbank password WITHOUT even asking for my personal details
- Iphone app doesn't work
- Netbank is offline at random, inopportune times
- Cancelling a lost card was very difficult to do
- $5 membership fee - what for???

Steer clear of this horrible bank.

Beejio

Beejio

Old Quay Credit Union customer gone bung

I am a long term Quay CU customer and was used to their exceptional level of service. I have just sat on hold for 35mins trying to get hold of one of their staff to discuss a potential significant home loan. Emailed no reply, they clearly do not want my business so I will be cancelling and moving ASAP.
1 star is too good for them.

Beach1

Beach1Victoria

Terrible Bank

Applied for a $6,000 personal loan for a home renovation, my husband is on $80,000 pa, after online pre-approval for the loan they emailed requesting in-depth supporting documentation confirming everything we stated on the application (which we did). G&C called 3 days later to say he doesn't earn enough (to pay a $25 per week loan repayment?!). Well my husband laughed down the phone at them in disbelief. I wish I saw the funny side, I was shocked when he came home and told me. Needless to say we went straight to one of the big banks, received instant approval and our loan funds were in the bank 48 hours later. G&C what a joke. 0 Stars if I could.