G&C Mutual Bank Personal Loan

G&C Mutual Bank Personal Loan

See the Best Personal Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for G&C Mutual Bank Personal Loan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.7
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness

Worst experience ever !!! They bait you with low rates they aren't willing to offer

They are time wasters, I regret applying. Don't bother applying.

I applied for a personal loan with G&C Mutual Bank, after confirming that I met the conditions of getting Diamond rate (Excellent credit rating, good income and repayment history).

I filled in the application online and submitted more the documents required. First they lied about my credit score/rating until I proved it wit a copy from Equifax. Realizing their error they still won't the rate I deserved.

Application Process

Worse Bank Ever! If I could give ZERO stars, I would!

Nick
NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

They want everything

As some previous the criteria these idiots want absolutely every active accounts you have. Ridiculous & very concerning. Not worth the cheap interest rate for credit card. Worst customer service ever received from a ‘bank’.

cowboy2321
cowboy2321South East Queensland, QLD

Embarrassing

As some of the previous reviewers stated the criteria to get a credit card with this mob is ridiculous. I really wouldn't waste my time with them. Scratching my head.

Justin
JustinBris Vegas

Holding bank account for scammers

G&C Mutual hold bank account for scammers, when we advised them we had transferred money to an account we believed to be fraudulent (later confirmed) they didn’t care less. Didn’t stop transfer, just defended their criminal client.

Want to be a protected criminal? Join G&C Mutual today!

Samski
SamskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing & Efficient!

I have been with G&C mutual bank for a couple years now. I moved my personal loan from Commonwealth Bank to them and have never been happier! They were very helpful and gave me the best rate without needing to know my life story (unlike CUA). I was just about to finishing paying it off and decided to buy a new car. I contacted them and they (Joy Box in particular) was so helpful. She organised everything, was very efficient and had contracts done and a bank cheque to me within a week!

So within a week I picked up my new car! You cant beat that!
Couldn't recommend enough! :)

Fozette
FozetteSydney

Personal Loan

Absolutely amazing process of applying for a personal loan through G&C. Customer service is top priority and professional, and I couldn't feel more valued as a member. A special thanks to the contact centre manager, who clearly explained the process and made it seem simple. Interest rate was better than some others in the market.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Astounded at these reviews

I was alerted to some of these reviews by a friend and wanted to counter the comments with a very positive story. I have been a member of G&C Mutual Bank for over 10 years and in all that time have found their service and range of products exactly what I would expect and need. Not only do they go above and beyond when I need something they are generally just great to deal with and have all my needs covered. I have a whole range of different products from the including credit card, home loan, savings and investment accounts and couldn't be happier.

cher
cherSydney, NSW

No information given when we paid off our home loan. No information about the change from our credit

No information given when we paid off our home loan. No information given when we changed from friendly staff at close location of Liverpool to phone us but oops we're very busy to take your calls. Have now changed our banking and am about to close account at G&C.

Geoff F
Geoff FPerth

Send in the clowns to this circus

Applied for a $5k credit card but apparently I earn to much money and am self employed and have been for nearly 30 years. Today received a statement of my account which I was charged money for and apparently I have a membership number as well, which I thought I was rejected by them. Do yourself a favour stay away from this 3 ring circus before the clowns get angry!

Sammy2008
Sammy2008Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If there was a ZERO rate - even that would be too high!

ChetanNorth Queensland, QLD

Be Careful of G&C Mutual Bank

Hi All,
I just want to make you aware of when you are trying to check your eligibility for applying a personal loan with G&C Mutual bank, they actually treat it as applied and it gets recorded on your Equifax Credit File. This could be a reason if your loan has recently been rejected. I bought my credit file and noticed 2 entries, I have never ever applied a loan with them. I have asked them for a explanation. Lets wait and see.

Dan
Dan

Very poor

Additional fees after signing up, different information depending on who you speak to, systems don't work, close accounts without contacting after fees paid etc etc.

Kosh Hazratwla
Kosh HazratwlaTownsville

Worst Bank Ever

This bank would have to be classifiably the worst bank ever. There Customer service personnel dont know there product and actually tell lies and once you have signed up you get slugged with fees and charges that they then show the fine print in contract to not pay you back. The senior management is shocking- they actually abuse there customers over the phone. I had to complain to the Financial Ombudsman to get my money back. Shocking. Dont waste your time- go somewhere else

Rusov
Rusovsydney

Another old Quay CU member who is not happy

Fees for everything, including replacing a faulty card.

GC Mutual sucks compared to old Quay CU which was member of 12 years