SGIO Home & Contents Insurance

SGIO Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SGIO Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (6)
Mick Millar
Mick MillarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Find another insurer

SGIC obviously don't value their customers. Wanted to cancel a home & contents policy due to a property sale only to incur a cancellation fee. Will not renew all other policies.

Karen D.
Karen D.Perth, WA

Disappointed long time customer

Our ceilings collapsed after 20 years without any signs of sagging etc. Now that we need help from SGIO to get our ceilings fixed, they found a way to get out it. Extremely disappointed after paying SGIO for 22 years and no claims.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Good Afternoon Karen, I have responded to your private message on here. Look forward to your response ~ Bob

Horrendous experience

Our experience with SGIO regarding an ongoing claim has been horrendous.

Our claim for a fallen down fence was logged 21st December 2020, and at the time of writing (6th Jan 2021) we have only received a claim number - NOTHING ELSE!!

I’ve sent a follow up email to them which received an automatic follow up but still no reply. Furthermore, the claims department is only open till 5PM AEST which means if calling in the afternoon from my state, they are closed.

Absolutely appalling service.

A.Perth, WA

Horrible experience

I have had my insurance with SGIO for 17 years and when I went to claim an itemised item they offered me 1/3 of the amount I have specified it to be covered for. They claim that that is the retail price. They have happily taken my premium off me for 17 years calculated on a specified amount however when it comes time to pay up they want to rip you off. Appalling service from staff who shoot themselves in the foot with the info they give out. I have been referred to Page 62 of their Product Disclosure Statement, which I could not be happier about, as it states one of the options of paying your claim is to “pay you the sum insured”. Not too sure if they have actually read it. Cannot wait to leave this company.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how SGIO Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Quick to take money claim still not resolved

Frustrated at dealing with SGIO. my claim has been in for over a month now and still no resolution. I have sent in complaints but no-one is bothering to get back. I have been with SGIO for 22 years, as they say you insurance company is only as good as your first claim

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hi Andrew, thanks for letting us know. Can you please send us a PM on Facebook so we can escalate your claim and get things back on track. Please let us know you're from Product Review by heading to https://go.sgio.com.au/2m8NyDb. ~Natalie

Simon CPerth

Good if you don't need to make any claims

Simon C

Claims manager finally gave me a call 14 days later.. the service is really atrocious.

Stephen N.
Stephen N.Perth, WA

One Hour To Resolve Claim when Documents Uploaded

Called claims line, input claim number. Spoke to a CSR named Matt. He consistantly placed me on hold in excess of 10mins. All information was uploaded, claim resolved in an hour. Looking for another Insurer as pay in excess of $6000 in policies per year. I'll be letting every man & his dog know about the wait time for a simple claim where all information had been provided. Goodbye SGIO, Phew!!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Frank
FrankPerth, WA

Claims process worked ok but premiums are very expensive

Raj
RajPerth, WA

Settled my claim immediately and correctly

I had some storm damage to my fence during the recent storm. SGIO asked me to get 2 quotes and promptly paid me half the amount of the cheaper quote minus my excess. The other half of the claim is to be paid by my neighbour as per the rules. They have also provided a temporary fence till repairs are completed.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hi Raj, thanks so much for the positive review! It's great that we managed to settle the claim easily and correctly. We hope you continue to have great experiences at SGIO. :) ~Nat

100 % happy with SGIO

For whatever reason ( change of job etc ) I had failed to make three payments on my house insurance . About 40 metres of fencing fell down because of bad weather. On ringing them I was told I hadn’t made a payment in 3 months . I told them to restart my insurance in case more damage was to happen . They rang me back and said they would pay for my fence to be fixed as I was a long term customer . You cannot beat that for service . The bill was close to 8,000 dollars . I couldn’t believe they looked after me . I will stay with them for the rest of my life ...

Des Kane

Eaton

Western Australia

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Thanks for the glowing feedback Des. It makes us warm and fuzzy to hear of the positive experiences from advocates like yourself. Glad that you are here to stay, and thanks for your loyalty. ~Matty

maureen2yellow
maureen2yellowPerth, WA

TIME FOR ACHANGE

Claim accepted...Assessor came out. Nothing further till I phoned..on hold for almost an hour. Then told that my claim wasnt to be processed. Been with for 20 years...RAC has been recommended so many times to me. Always stuck up for SGIO. TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Hi Maureen, I do apologise - our wait times are extremely long due to the major weather events. If you would like us to follow your claim up for you please PM us on Facebook so we can help further - https://go.sgio.com.au/2m8NyDb. ~Natalie

Deeb
DeebPerth, WA

Avoid at all costs

Craig
CraigPerth, WA

Very poor service

Have home and contents insurance with SGIO , had a roof leak which damaged the make anymore and now not interested in replacing ceiling . All they want to do is pay out a small amount and said you can fit it yourself . To repair it properly all the ceiling should be replace but after talking to the woman on the phone ,the answer is no we will only pay you to replace that section. My policy is old for new but all they want to do is not repair properly. I also have several policies with them but !!!

darren dixonGoldfields, WA

unbelievable poor service

SGIO only wants to fix half my lino and match best they can there rest so will end up with two different types of lino
unbelievable poor service sgio used to be such a good company will look at cancelling and changing companies after being with them for 20 plus years

darren dixon

Hello its not the entire home but its not going to look right if it doesn't match up where it joins

DanGoldfields, WA

Still waiting

My home was broken into 4 weeks ago!
The claims process has completely stalled!
Called multiple times to have it escalated and was told each time id be contacted by the end of the day and it NEVER happens!
We are a family of 5 and are still without hot water, our property is still unsecured, and my stolen goods look like they have to be replaced out of my own pocket if this goes on for much longer.
We never miss a payment, never object to the constant rises in premiums and this is how we are treated when we most need the service we PAY for!

Dan

Update as of 29/4/19》our claim had advanced after a few phone calls and a fair settlement has been offered, the staff are infact very friendly and helpfull its just hard to get them to call back.

Care TeamSGIO Insurance

Thanks for this update Dan, we do appreciate it. We will pass on the feedback around callbacks to make sure this isn't an ongoing problem. Hopefully you'll notice improvements in the future. Thanks again Dan, all the best! ~Jamie