MPN: R350EW

Avoid

Bought one and returned 8 months later due turntable and unusual noise issues, Harvey Norman honoured product warranty and replaced it in June within a month the interior light flickers on and off constantly which is very irritating. Not at all happy that I will now have to return this one as well. Will be seeking other options I think

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Do not buy this microwave

Very poor quality. The first one we bought failed to turn off shortly after purchasing and nearly burnt our kitchen down. We were assured by the retailer that this was a good model so we accepted a replacement. Its light stopped working within 6 months and within 9 months it failed to heat food properly. Do not buy this machine!

Poor quality product

We brought this microwave 9 months ago. Within the first month the light blub blew and wouldn't keep time. Harvey Norman was great and replaced it with another the another one. 8 months later we had to take it back again this time because the turn table stopped working and again it wouldn't keep time. Repeated issues within the first 12 months was enough for us and we've opted for a different microwave.

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level

BE WARNED - light bulb blows in under 6 months. After 12 months, you pay for repairs yourself as warranty runs out.

I bought a microwave and the light blew after 5 months. I got a replacement, and the same thing happened within 6 months. It is a design fault. They are no longer using incandescent lights which would last years. Sharp are trying to reduce energy consumption with new electronic low energy circuit lights which have a short life span. I was advised in store that Sharp know about it and are trying to rectify. I asked if I could return the microwave given it was twice in 12 months, and Sharp have said NO. The warranty is only 12 months, so be warned, if you buy this microwave, based on my experience, you may be visiting the service centre every 6 months, and having to pay for the replacement bulb after the the 12 month warranty runs out. Very disappointed in Sharp, having been an avid user for over 30 years. Customer Care response was a definite no you can't return. Go to service centre - and it will take 2-4 weeks to repair. Not a satisfactory solution given it has happened twice now in 12 months.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Light not Working after 7 months

Our first one was returned to Harvey Norman for replacement after a day since the turn table did not turn. The next one started having the light flickering on and off after about 4 months. Now the light has not worked for 2 months so I decided to report it when I noticed others were having the same problem. Haven't heard anything yet, but doubt the warranty would cover it.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Furniture Physical Store for $189.00.

Hi Marron07, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Purchased less than a year ago not been able to use the sensor cooking efficiently ! The vegetables all over cooked

Sensor cooked food overdone every time so we have to wing it with timing !!! Very unhappy as have owned sharp micro for years beforehand : interior light lasted 4 months not happy

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances for $175.00.

Noise Level
Hi Wayne, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Light bulb flashing after 7 months

I've had this microwave for about 7 months now and recently the light bulb started flashing. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other issues with the microwave. I do like the power level feature that allows you to set the watts for whatever you're cooking (i.e. if something recommends 4 minutes at 1000 watts, I can set the power level to 1000 watts and the time to 4 minutes, instead of leaving it at 1200 and having to calculate the estimated time I should use). It seems to cook everything fine, although I don't really use the defrost function so I can't comment on that.

One thing I don't get is why after changing the power level, you have to press START before you can enter the time. When using the default power level (1200), you enter the time and then press START. Why couldn't it be the same when you change power levels? It's not that much of an issue, but it'd be easier if it was consistent. Also the microwave does a 30sec cooldown after each cook, which can get kind of annoying sometimes waiting for it to finish. Without the light bulb issue I'd say this a fine microwave that gets the job done, however with the unit getting issues only after 7 months, it's not a good sign (especially considering that my friends older Sharp microwave has been going for years without a single issue).

Purchased in October 2018 for $119.00.

Noise Level
Hi Mike, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Regarding the light bulb flashing issue, please reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Feels not well made.

Brought this from Harvey Norman we always buy our appliances from there but am disappointed with this microwave it doesn’t feel well made at all considering the price we paid!although I’m glad I brought an extended warranty for it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Dear Bidol, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass information on to our product team for their review. If you would like us to contact you to assist in any way, We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Disappointment -7 months after purchase

This is my 3rd Sharp microwave oven, previous 2 worked great. Before I purchased the 3rd one I was considering Panasonic or LG, somehow I decided to stick with Sharp.

Only 7 months after purchase, the light-bulb keeps flashing.

Also noticed sometimes it requires longer time to heat the food, i.e. I always select 60 seconds for the milk, but there're occasions it needed more seconds to hot. I start checking power level every time, even so sometimes it just need longer time.

Very disappointed 7 months after purchase.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $224.44.

Noise Level
Hi Antkey, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Extremely complicated to use.

This is my third Sharp microwave in 30 years and its the worst. The keypad is impossible to use because every time you select a function you have to keep pressing start and then you don’t have any clue what has been set. The defrost function is useless. I wanted to defrost a fillet of fish. There is no ability to put in a small weight. I tried to use the lowest power setting instead and after 30 seconds my fish wash cooked. Why have these simple functions been changed? I’m very disappointed and I am investigating returning it because it doesn’t function as it claims.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

Hi Sarah, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We would encourage you to reach out to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing your review to discuss this further with our Customer Care team.

Quite happy with the microwave

We bought this microwave a few months ago. I particularly wanted one that I can set to a specific number of seconds and not be restricted to multiples of 10 seconds. It has this feature. It is also claimed that it will heat the food evenly and not over cook the edges. This seems to work well. It is 1200 watt so it heats faster than our previous microwave. I had to readjust the times I usually used.

The only negative feature I have found is that it does not have a 'defrost' feature and it is a bit tedious to set it to defrost. This has to be done by touching the 'power' button several times and the 'start' and the 'time'.

Hi, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team for their review.. Have a good day.

Defrost - mince only can do 500g and above

Got the sharp invertor microwave r-395est 2 days ago and went to defrost 300grams of mince meat. Couldnt do it. From reading another users review tried it at a higher weight. Works for 500 grams or more. Not very useful if you only want to defrost a smaller amount. Will look at taking this back as the main cooking i do in the microwave is reheating and defrosting. Very disappointed.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Noise Level
Dear Kat, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass the issue on to our product team for their review. If you would like us to contact you to assist in any way, please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au referencing this feedback.

Aren't microwaves supposed to heat things up?

Bought a Sharp R-350E(w) today to replace our 20yr old unit (that was starting to sound a bit noisy and take a bit longer to defrost items) much to my wife's nostalgic resistance. WOW! Disappointment comes quick, as does the sarcasm from the misso. The Sharp took 3 1/2 mins to half pop a bag of popcorn, which my old machine, built in a 3rd world country (we brought it with us when we immigrated), sorts out in the allotted 2 1/2 mins.
So the litmus test; re-heat a previously cooked and frozen meal. Old machine 4 minutes to hot; Sharp 6mins to luke warm.
The outside of the machine gets hot???? I will be taking it back to Harvey Norman as soon as time allows.
I suppose the standard format copy-&-paste repsonse from sharp will happen, as it has with all the previous negative comments, which i will ignore. I will deal with Harvey Norman; Sharp deal with them, not me.
Do the research - don't get duped like me.

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi Pete, We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like any assistance in resolving this matter directly with us, please feel free to contact us via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. We will be passing this feedback to our product team for review.

A disappointment.

I love my microwave cooking. Fast cooking, less mess, energy efficient and less heat in the summer kitchen. Yesterday, I replaced my LG microwave that had sensor cooking menus including an auto menu for roast chicken and casseroles. Because it had died after only 5 years I decided to replace it with a Sharp microwave knowing their reputation for reliable good quality and because I have had them in the past. I decided to purchase the Sharp Inverter/Sensor R-359EW which is a 1200 watt microwave. The advertising boasted 27 auto cooking menus. The first disappointment was that while the Operation Manual contains defrosting/reheating charts and cooking charts for vegetables, it does not contain a "Microwave Oven Roasting Chart". This is very annoying as I now have to try to calculate the roasting/cooking times for a chicken or other meats based on a 1200 watt microwave. The second disappointment is that the microwave does not contain an auto menu for roast chicken. Roast chicken is a staple of microwave cooking, so much faster and convenient for busy people than the conventional oven and the end result, if properly cooked so much more juicy and tender than conventional roasting. This is an important oversight. As a result I have had to dig out old microwave cooking books that are based on less powered microwaves and try to convert to 1200 watt cooking. Another minor annoyance is the fact that the fan keeps on for a short while after cooking has stopped. But this I will get used to. However, no Roasting Chart for meats or auto roasting chicken menu is a great disappointment. The Sharp R-359EW is a mid size microwave and retails at approximately $249. I expected more for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
I miss-typed in my review. The Sharp microwave is the R-350EW not R-359.Hi Mrs H, We are sorry to hear about your experience in regards to the Auto Menu. If you could please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this review, our customer care team will be able to assist you accordingly.

First Class product with a few adverse comments

Very nice microwave and heavily discounted by almost $300 at the Good Guys for around $850!

Does an excellent job on most everything, looks good, easy controls but the lack of a number pad does make it a little difficult making selections!

For example, Auto defrost only handles frozen chicken to a minimum weight of .9 kgs and there is no way to select a lower weight, kind of annoying I feel and this restriction applies to all other meats.

The ceramic turntable is going to be a nightmare to keep clean as it marks easily and is very difficult to clean!

Sharp advise not to use anything like alfoil (convection) or even baking paper on the turntable and Google also reveals other users with the same problem.

But it does a great job nonetheless so would still highly recommend it!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi TheLoneRanger, thank you for your purchase and for also publishing this review. Thanks also for your detailed feedback regarding controls and the turntable - we'll pass that on to product managers for their assessment.

A bit disappointed

I find this microwave a bit complicated to use compared to our older model of a different brand.
The "smart" defrost function is hit and miss and starts cooking mince meat.
As with other reviews the clock runs fast after time, so do not rely on it for a quick look to leave for work on time.
Must be a batch of faulty electronic chips they are using?
The black touch pad is difficult to see in low light and is starting to bubble after only 2 months.
Will be looking for a service centre to take it back.
On the bright side it is quick to heat due to the 1300w power.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Igordon9, we are disappointed to hear of your experience with this microwave. It sounds like you are already on the way to getting support, but if you need to discuss this further at all with us, please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care at ccare@sharp.net.au. Your feedback here will be provided to product managers for review.

It's a microwave

It's a microwave. Wattage is higher than my last one, which was 1000 watts. It works fine (it's a microwave) although you often need to adjust the cooking times. It's fast and simple to use. After moving to a new house, it started to make a small noise when it's in use, but I think it's from where it is placed. Good microwave though.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Tyler, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

I love Sharp microwaves!

Sharp is the only microwave I use. I have been using this brand in microwaves for many years.I use it everyday and many times. The food heats up fast. Very satisfied with the programming features and controls. Food texture is very good. Overall it's perfect! Very trustworthy and value for money.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day!Very welcome. Keep up and don't ever change!

Excellent and I can even understand the instructions

After being nagged for months about our old microwave causing cancer, I put the old one in the garage where I continue to use it (and risk cancer) and went and bought the simplest microwave I could find- one that you wouldn't have to spend the next six months trying to figure out how to work it. It may be fine for the yuppies to brag about their new microwave with 1000 options, few of which will ever be used but still allows bragging rights and after all they have little else in their lives anyway, but for simple pensioners with poor eyesight and equally poor bank balances, i simple one that works is all that is needed and the Sharp satisfied all our needs and at a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Bob, Thank you for providing feedback. It is great that you enjoy using the microwave. Have a lovely day.

Exactly what we needed

This is an excellent microwave and I highly recommend it. The size and wattage is perfect. This microwave cooks much faster and more throughly than other microwaves. The large interior capacity is great, yet the footprint is smaller than you may perceive. The pictures I've included show the microwave in a standard microwave cabinet. Additionally, the weight is very light-weight for its size. Excellent features for various cooking options. The sensor cooking functions are excellent. I did find I have to time mini and large bags of popcorn for less time than the popcorn built-in settings but that's not a complaint; simply an indication of how efficient this microwave cooks. When I went looking for a new microwave to replace my previous 1000W, smaller size unit, I researched information on various microwaves and determined this was the preferred unit. After using it, I have confirmed my research to be correct; therefore my high recommendation for the microwave. I've had this microwave for two months and assume it'll continue to meet my expectations for a long service life.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Zara, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022. Have a great day ahead!