Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.0

auto dose and door switch failed - trouble getting Siemens to even inspect it

this machine is 6.5 years old. The auto dosing has failed and the door switch is faulty making it basically unusable. Spare parts on the internet for these items would be $A600 for a very upmarket $A2500 machine. Siemens want to verify the faults but I tried twice to book a service call and each time no-one contacts me as promised.

Purchased in March 2013 for $2,500.00.

Haier HWF75AW Series

Looking for Front Loading Washing Machines?

Read the reviews for Haier HWF75AW Series

Ad
    Sa Carda

Sa CardaAU

Drier.

This machine is quiet and efficient. It condenses the water so you dont have the condensation in your laundry. The settings are easy to use. And it stops when the clothes are dry depending on the setting. My only criticism is the filters are a little fiddly, but totally worth it. Great machine.

See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU reviews

Nigeasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi, I have an IQ800 washing machine and after completing the last wash the door wouldn't open. I followed the manuals instructions and managed to drain remaining water (only a small amount) and manually unlock the door and get the clothes out. I then tried to run another cycle but after initially starting the cycle and commencing filling machine with water the machine simply stopped. No error code just nothing - normal programming information on the machine. The icons to fill i-dos etc were flashing but that is it. After emptying and opening door again the machine won't start another cycle and when I press the start button (or any button) it just makes a small beeping sound each time but nothing else happens. The only error I have been given was on my last of many attempts which basically said (along the lines of) "door cannot be unlocked water temperature too high". I don't wash on very high temperatures and there is no water in the machine so it can't be too hot.

Hi just a bit of additional information. Not sure if it is related to the current issue but I was having some problems over the last few months with a leak (?) of the liquid detergent dripping down the front of the machine so I reverted to manually dispensing detergent. My guess is this may be related and causing an electrical problem? I would love to know if there is a way of resetting the machine to default and see if this works?

Taz
    Taz

If leaking detergent, then you'll probably need a new plug for underneath the idos dispenser. If leaking like my issue, then Siemens couldn't work out what it was. See the pics in my post.

Nige

Sorry the leak is sorted i fitted new rubber plugs so I have now removed that section. We have 3 different siemens ovens, washing machine and a dryer and everyone of them has had a technician out. The Miele equipment we have and had longer has never skipped a beat.

H Nige,
    Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing machine.
    We would recommend to contact our customer service team on 1300 167 425 to book a technician to attend and ascertain why the fault is occuring.
    Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Rohan ashman

Rohan ashmanasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

My iq800 drain flitter is stuck and cant open how do I remover the cover plate to get to the drain pipe to unblock the filter

Jane G.

Jane G.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

When I put washing powder in the drawer manually it is not all going into the machine. This is a recent issue. I have had the machine for 6 months or so and this had not been a problem previously. The soap all ends up stuck in the drawer.

Hi Jane G.
    Thank you for your question for your Siemens WM16Y890AU washing machine.
    Please try and clean and dry out the detergent drawer.
    Complete a 90 degree cotton cycle with no washing in drum (recommend de-scale if possible).
    If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.
    Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

Compare both Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU