Silver Cross Pioneer

Chelsea, Onyx / Midnight, Orkney, etc...
See the Best 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Silver Cross? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Suitable for Running Yes (4) · No (22)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage

Louise James
Louise James

So stylish

We've had this pram for a few years now and it is such a fabulous buy. We have also recently bought the wave double. The Pioneer is so easy to use and the fabrics are just beautiful and like no other pram out there.

Purchased in May 2016.

Joanne
Joanne

Love brand sliver cross

Purchased in September 2019.

BeeBee
BeeBeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favorite baby purchase

We purchased the silver cross pioneer eton edition in 2016 for our first baby. It never skipped a beat, never let us down and was always a Pleasure to use and pack into the car.
It’s smooth, it’s easy to use, seamless all around.
We made the mistake of selling it and trying another brand for our second born in 2020. What a mistake! If I only I had the budget to replace the silver cross I would in a heartbeat.
A brilliantly crafted pram that’s worth every penny, highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2016 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $1,300.00.

Kelly
Kelly

Sneaky

Products are great. Value be careful as after purchases price goes down. And even tho delivery just arrived they do not match the price change nor let you know re sales. Like many other companies who honour price change with in time frame . Silvercross do not. Customer service poor dont care already got your money. Just be careful.

Purchased in June 2021.

KittyKatMeow
KittyKatMeowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Special edition orkney

We wanted a pram with everything and we found it with the Orkney special edition. I needed one that had a large carry space underneath. It does and yes the room to get things from it with bassinet was awkward and hard to reach in. However we purchased the extentions from website and it's so much better. My Baby loves the bassinet which is super soft.. I recommend putting something where baby's head lays incase they bring up milk or sweat a little while on adventures. I loved that it was a different colour to the plain cream or blacks out there from other pram companies. The only downside is it's only a single pram. Would love to see brackets available to make it a double option.

Purchased in January 2021 at Baby Bunting for $1,599.00.

Lucinda Brandham
Lucinda BrandhamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not suitable for any ground other than flat such as shopping centre

Not worth the price. For a pram this expensive you would think It would be suitable for a concrete path - wheels ongoingly swivel between any lines or small bumps in the path. When I emailed customer Service about this issue - I asked if I locked the wheels (well then I can only go straight?). When I stated that wasn’t a solution, I never received any response back. Poor customer service and should be way better quality for the price. This pram would be extremely unsuitable to run with - frustrating enough walking on a path.

Purchased in September 2020 for $999.00.

Hope
HopeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything good except handle leather and wheels.

Handle leather is very cheap material especially for the amount of money spent getting it, over time you will see the leather starts to peel and i also have a cheap pram that last longer and until today my cheap pram still better then my expensive silver cross pioneer. Also too low and basket not big enough when seatis parent facing. The wheels are cheap and hard to turn at times.

Purchased for $1,090.00.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Bobbelino
BobbelinoSydney, NSW

Love everything except the wheels/drive.

Purchased in January 2020 for $999.00.

Jen S
Jen SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Handle peeling, wobbly wheel

Pram looks great but over time the quality definitely isn't there. The handle on our pioneer has peeled completely off and we can't use the belly bar as my daughter has started peeling it off there also. The front left wheel shakes or wobbles sporadically and starts to fold under the pram when pushed onto uneven surfaces. Silvercross will charge for these to be fixed and shipping at my expense. It's really disappointing.

Purchased in November 2015 for $1,699.00.

Melissa
MelissaSydney, NSW

“Superior fabric” balled within 3 months

The SilverCross is a beautiful pram, has a good steering circle, is sturdy and is great for long babies.I was disappointed that the fabric in the bassinet balled within 3 months, to which SilverCross stated was wear and tear, which I found surprising as the Pioneer Special edition is advertised as using superior fabric, we weren’t using the pram everyday and can a newborn really cause wear and tear.
The pram is definitely better on smooth pathways. Sometimes the pram would get stuff on a crack in the path.
Really hard to get items in and out of the pram when the bassinet is attached however much more room when the seat is attached.
Overall it’s a pretty good pram, and is easy to use.

Purchased in July 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $1,800.00.

Laura N.
Laura N.Sydney, NSW

Such a nightmare - didn't get the pram, can't get a refund

Purchased in December 2020.

newzedeer
newzedeer

Shocking service

Ordered a capsule from Silver cross and has been over 6 weeks and still haven't received it. Been days without replied from silver cross and we have sent over 50 emails and received the same crap several times from apparently the 1 office person, [name removed]. Is that bad we have had to put a fraudulent credit card claim in with our bank. Shocking service. And constant lies from [name removed].

Purchased in October 2020 for $783.00.

Kat
KatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gorgeous purchase

Purchased in February 2020 for $1,100.00.

Yvette Smith
Yvette SmithSydney, NSW

Live saver!

Great product we're really glad it was recommended to us by a friend and we're definitely passing this down to our pregnant niece who'll be able to use this beauy

Paula B.
Paula B.Sydney, NSW

Beautiful quality but lacks logical design

Purchased in January 2020.

Eimear
Eimear asked
Pioneer

I have the adapters for the maxi Cosi capsule which is compatible with my silver cross pram. Just wondering when putting the capsule out of the pram, do the adapters stay fixed to the capsule or to the pram? It seems when I leave them on the pram the bassinet doesn’t slot into them.

AL B
AL Basked

Hi!
Has anyone found a bassinet stand for the pioneer bassinet? I have seen the stand for the wave etc but doesn’t look like it can be adapted for the pioneer.
Thank you!

Hannah L.
Hannah L.asked
Pioneer

Does the wave carrycot granite bassinet fit pioneer pram ?

See all Silver Cross Pioneer questions

Silver Cross Pioneer Eclipse
  • Award Winner 2017

Silver Cross Pioneer Eclipse

No reviews yet
Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $1,599.00$1,699.00$2,198.00$1,799.00
Seating TypeSingleSingleSingleSingle
Convertible YesYesYesYes
Suitable Age0+ months0+ months0+ months0+ months
Max User Weight 25 kg25 kg25 kg25 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversibleReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)Yes (Included)Yes (Included)Yes (Included)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle and Under-seat Storage
Weight11 kg11 kg11 kg11 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Folded Dimensions34 x 60 x 86 cm34 x 60 x 86 cm34 x 60 x 86 cm34 x 60 x 86 cm