Silver Cross Wave

Silver Cross Wave

Granite, Sable, Claret and Midnight

Disappointed with a $2000 pram

Adjustable handle is locked and cannot be adjusted. The pram was fantastic for the first week then the adjustable handle just stopped adjusting. It is locked in place and we cannot put two seats on it as there is not enough room due to not being able to extend the handle out.

Purchased in November 2018 for $2,000.00.

Sturdy, premium pram

Main reason for purchasing this product is because it is very easy to fold and stow away (though does need two hands). Purchased the extra seating option as this pram converts in to a double pram (for when you have two children). The pram has four wheels and the two rear wheels are larger, making it easy to handle any type of terrain. The handle is strong and you can manoeuvre the pram quite well with one hand in the strap provided. The product comes with a rain cover and another cover for insects for example.
The pram is quite luxurious and is very comfortable for babies. There are a few colours to choose from, but the sides of the bassinet are white, along with the mattress so take this in to consideration. There is a tray on the bottom to store things, but this is not easily accessible when you have a large nappy bag.
Overall, am happy with this product.

Fantastic pram

Fantastic pram. Well worth it’s price. Used our for 6 months now and so happy. It pushes so nice and is so sturdy. Love the bassinet and chair. Wouldn’t buy any other pram. Brought through Silver Cross direct - wouldn’t advise to do this, but through another provider. Dealing with Sliver Cross directly through an Expo was a nightmare. They got the delivery address wrong and the time it took to arrive after the expo was lengthy (2 months) and the extras pram as part of the expo deal arrive 4 months after. They promised to send out an apology gift which NEVER arrived and their customer service staff were just plain rude. Downsides to pram: Bucket seat - so back doesn’t recline flat for a younger child too big for bassinet but too small for seat; quiet heavy with chair on to lift in car. Apart from that it’s great.

Purchased in May 2018.

Safety
Suitable for RunningYes
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage

Lovely looking solid pram

Lovely looking pram that feels solid. I can easily push one handed even with both seats and children seated. The turning circle of the wheels is good. It’s stylish and my children both look comfortable although my average size 2 year old is looking a little big for it now although still requires the seat. It takes some getting used to the length at first especially when the bassinet is on top and the second seat below.
I find it difficult to do the buckle up and others can’t seem to do it easily either. Is abit fiddley. I do find it a little heavy but I guess it has to be to carry the weight.
I like the fact that you can fold down the base without having to remove items in the basket. Cup holder is great although I seem to bang it ALLLL the time. It’s annoying that you have to buy the second seat to be able to have the extension for the bassinet so the second seat can be turned around! It’s not a cheap pram but I love it and although it can be a little big and heavy I’m very happy with it and I’m sure will last a long time

Love my Wave Pram

I love my Silvercross Wave pram. Great size basket for storage underneath, my daughter is 9 months old and happily rides and naps in the pram. The seat has 3 recline positions which suit napping, resting, and wanting to look around or sit up properly. I love that the top seat is up higher as it makes it so much easier to get baby in and out (I was looking at the bugaboo donkey but the seats are just so low!). The handle can be extended more than other prams we looked at, my husband is 6 ft 7 and finds the pram suits his height perfectly with the handle extended. We also use it as a high chair when out for dinner, with the chair facing out you can roll it straight up to the table and it’s the perfect height. I only used the bassinet for about 3 months as my daughter then wanted to be in the chair looking around, but it was good while it lasted. It’s very easy to manoeuvre even one handed around corners, haven’t had any issues fitting into little shops or down aisles. I have found the front wheels wobble a little if walking on uneven concrete footpaths, but not enough to bother me or outweigh the positives of this pram. Great smooth ride for my baby and I can’t wait to use it in double version. It is a little heavy lifting in and out of the boot however all double prams are. Would purchase again but don’t pay full price, it goes on sale often enough. Only negative would be the seatbelt straps can be quite tough to click in, after 9 months of use they’re still like this.

Love it!

The quality of this pram is excellent; it is sturdy and easy to maneuver. It was so easy to put together and I loved all the extras that came with it such as a rain cover, bug net protector and drink holder. It is extremely easy to fold, and while it is slightly heavier, this was expected due to being able to convert to a double pram. My baby loves sleeping in the bassinet which has been approved for overnight sleeping. The basket size is fantastic and I love the look of it. I was lucky enough to get it on special from Baby Bunting where the tandem seat came free with purchase!

Gorgeous

Especially liked folding it
We tried folding most of the prams on the market at a baby expo and was impressed with this one.
Also it's a beautiful Pram with sturdy parts and easy to put together

Haven't used it yet but expect it to be heavier than others - but still able for a 5 foot 2 young mother to lift (without seats attached) into boot of car.

Also got it on the silver cross Black Friday sale so better than expo prices.

Although at the expo, they sell their demo ones for less (if you can snap it up early at the start of the expo weekend). As a tip.

Great pram

We bought the wave to be future proof and absolutely love it. It is a very sturdy pram very easy to move and fold. It has a huge basket which fits everything in it. It also looks great.
It is a bit heavy but we don’t mind it. We are very happy with it.

Great stable pram

Great stable pram. We chose this pram to future proof as it has both a bassinet and seat it is ready for bub #1 and bub #2 in the future as the pram can fit the bassinet and seat at the same time with adaptors provided. It also has the mosquito nets, raincovers and footmuffs which for other brands you would need to purchase separately and overall cost would be higher than this wave package.
I love all the different configurations you can have with both back and forward facing.
The other main reason for choosing this pram is most other 2 seat prams are extra wide for 2 seats to sit side by side, or if the 2 seats are 1 in front and 1 behind, often the lower seat has the 2nd childs feet in the basket which removes all storage space in the pram. This is not the case with the Silver Cross Wave.
The handlebar also extends so tall people can use this pram with ease.
It can be a heavy pram for some, with the chassis itself being around 10kg. Bassinet an additional 4.5kg and main or tandem seat 4kg. It is also quite large taking up all our boot space. In order to transport, the bassinet/seats need to be removed from the chassis before collapsing. I would be weary if this needed to fit into a small car.
I would have liked to be able to have the seat provided at the front/bottom and bassinet at the back/top but this configuration only seems to be available when you purchase the 2nd "tandem" seat. The main seat provided can only be placed in the top position.
Overall bub seems to like the bassinet, it is comfortable and stable. We have it in the top or middle position. It is large enough for bub for a few more months before we switch over to the seat.

Pram as good as I expected

Bought the silver cross wave in granite from Baby Bunting as the wife thought it was the best looking pram on the market which I would totally have to agree but after researching all the safety aspects of this pram for me it came down to how sturdy it is. Been using it for 2 months and absolutely pleased that I purchased it even though it was the most expensive pram in the shop. The handling is amazing and the size of the tyres gives you confidence when pushing as it seems to remind me of a 4WD. Massive basket at the bottom. Just make sure you put the right canopy on the carrycot as I had the chair canopy on it until I went back to Baby Bunting and the informed me that it was wrong. Paid $1600 on special for it and finally got something worth what I paid for.
(Updated Review)
Vegan leather on the Bumper bar and handle is pretty crap. The bumper had something light resting on it in the boot and now it's created a dent and it is not popping back out also the handle makes it hands feel very sweaty on hot days.

Wave

We recently bought a silver cross wave as our second child is due soon. I loved the idea of baby being in a bassinet and our 17 month old being able to sit in a seat too. Its stylish, it’s lovely to push the seat is easy to lift off, the basket underneath is a great size. The downsides are it’s heavy to lift so being pregnate and lifting it in to the car is annoying at times it does take up a lot of boot space. it does come with the car seat adapters which is great but useless unless you have bought the tandem seat extra (thats if you are using it with older child and newborn in capsule) it’s not a good pram to take overseas as the bassinet doesn’t calapse flat so traveling from oz to nz we had the pram in one pram bag and the bassinet and seat in another. It’s also very expensive. I was torn between the wave and the upper baby vista, I still much prefer the look of the wave.

Silver cross wave tandem pram

Recently purchased this pram and absolutely love it! Its very easy to fold and it fits in the boot of my tiny car. Silver cross have nailed the design and features making it very practical for a mum with 2 under 2. Very happy with purchase.