Skim-A-Round All-In-One

Skim-A-Round All-In-One

Scam-a-round. Doesn't work !

Purchased this a few days ago, simply doesn't work, to install they want you to turn your valve just about to all skimmer, the thing even floats up when pump is off and I have heard of debris getting passed the skim a round and causing problems, check BBB full of bad reviews, also after you leave even a slightly negative comment, on face book they will delete it and block you from commenting on their page.

Purchased in April 2019.

Noise Level

Opening very small!

I bought this as a gift for my father to help pick up the leaves from his pool since he is 80 and this task is getting to be difficult for him. The opening where the leaves are supposed to be sucked in through are so small that only tiny leaves of seeds will go through. Unfortunately, I didn't read the terms and conditions, which says you have 10 days from delivery or 15 days from purchase to return the item. I was 2 days late. So now I'm stuck with an item that cost almost $200 and doesn't work! I do not recommend buying from this company at all. I wish I would have read the reviews, before purchasing. It is obvious that people are not happy with this company at all, their rating is very, very low.

Purchased in March 2019 for $175.17.

Pool Size Average
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Doesn’t fit my pool. Waste of money

I bought this and it doesn’t fit my pool skimmer. Offered it to a neighbor, doesn’t fit his either. What a waste of money. Don’t buy this product is all I can say.

Purchased in February 2018.

This is a worthless piece of crap

I ordered the skimmer baskets as well as the original skim-a-round floating skimmer. Neither helped with cleaning floating debris. The floating skimmer does absolutely nothing. Of course I had to use them to find out they don't work, and the return policy says they won't take back "used" products. This was a total waste of more than $200. I'm so annoyed.

Purchased in March 2019 for $250.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Large
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Yes, I got suckered as well. Did not work.

Looked like a good idea, but it did not work at all. It did not cover inlet completely and would not stay down. Once it caught some debris it would float out leaving the skimmer inlet open to suck everything to the pump. Horrible product. Did not go through the hassle to return it. Chalked it up to stupid tax.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Horrible product but customer service is worse.

Didn’t fit properly and didn’t increase flow rate. Bought this on the hype and that’s all it is “HYPE”. My $5 basket that’s 30 years old works better and is made of higher quality material. When I tried to return it I got blah, blah, restocking fee, blah blah we don’t pay return shipping blah, blah.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Not Universal - Doesn't work _ Damaged my pool!

Product received 9/11/18
Refund requested 10/10/18 - denied!

Installed the "universal" skim-a-round all in one basket in my in-ground skimmer per instructions included in the box. This product is NOT universal! About 2 weeks later I noticed problems with my pool pump and called a pool professional to review. He looked the system over and asked where I got that basket as that was causing the problem. He replaced the basket and now the system works just fine. I emailed the company requesting a refund. They asked for pictures, which I sent. They denied the refund. The basket has no damage (wish I could say the same for my pool).

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Product does not do what it is advertised to do.

I purchased 2 and decided to keep one. It is very ineffective. It does no better than a $5.00 skimmer basket. In fact, after several adjustments I gave up and simply placed a rock in the basket to keep it from floating to the top. The customer service is unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to pay shipping and a "15%" restocking fee in order to return one of the baskets. They've also had the audacity to block me from Facebook postings. In addition, I believe that most, if not all, their positive reviews are 100% lies. "Scam-a-Round" is a much more appropriate name for these people.

Works ok

I have had the skimmer for approx. a year and I have found it does work better because of the whirlpool effect. I keep it sitting down by putting a weight in it as I am not always on hand to empty it and it floats to the top when the pump turns off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Product does not work. Returned it and they would not refund me my money and kept the product

Terrible - You will regret getting it. They said it has to be returned in new condition. I tried it for 10 days and packed it back up, They told me it was not new condition (it's plastic) and refused to refund me or give me the product back. I even paid $10 of my own money to return it.

Did not work

Total waste of money. It did not work for me at all. It never got the whirlpool action. It actually worked less than my regular pool filter that came with the pool. I was sad I had wasted my money. Don't be fooled by fake reviews someone else left somewhere.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Does not work as advertised for me. Read reviews before buying I wish I did.

I don't know how large of a pump you work need to make these things work like advertised (maybe the size of a VW bug) but it did not work for me like in there videos no matter how we adjusted the inlet valves (skimmer valves and bottom of the pool valves. For the cost it does not make sense to return it (shipping plus restocking fees). Buying beware, it might and might not work for you.

Don't waste your money

Does not work. Had professional pool service come out twice to adjust pump to try to get it working. They stick you with 15% restock on this piece of crap. Must be how they make their money on restock fees. Check reviews first. Rated horribly on every site I've checked.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This company is a total scam!

We ordered the skim a round as a vacuum attachment along with their recommended concrete pool vacuum. They shipped the skim a round and the hoses in two separate boxes...claiming that they sent the vacuum also. We received the skim a round and NOT THE VACUUM. When I called yesterday ( had to wait due to Labor day weekend) the guy that answered the phone was flippant and dismissed me with a "wait a few days...it will probably show up." It has not so...I called them again today and a female answered and was just as dismissive claiming that they shipped everything and "FedEx must have stolen the missing items...so I needed to settle it with them." After another hour on the phone with FedEx...they confirmed that only 2 boxes shipped and the shipper must initiate a claim. The boxes were not tampered with and had their labelled, custom tape sealing the boxes. Suffice it to say that we are very disappointed. We hoped that this would be a great system from a company here in Florida...turns out they are liars and obviously scam artists (see BBB complaints...not the FAKE online reviews that they created. They blocked me from Facebook for posting on their page)! I am reporting this as fraud to PayPal...Buyer Beware...please do not be fooled. Do not spend money here.

Good For The Money

I initially had a tough time getting the basket to stay down but after playing around with the different positions of the ring, it does its job. It doesn't lay completely flat at the bottom of the skimmer but it does do a great job trapping the debris. It raises up when the filter shut off as it should.

This is NOT universal!!

This garbage is not universal and their customer service is trash. This company is simply running a scam, their product is designed not to fit as their are bits and pieces remaining from it's other applications which obstruct it from fitting in ground skimmers, when I pointed it out to customer service they responded with we offered free tech support and you agreed to the terms and conditions when ordering. I explained I didn't need tech support for common sense and I ordered a universal skimmer which is not universal and impossible to use as you have sold it to. I returned the product which was a mistake as I will end up losing nearly the entire cost of the part through shipping return, restock fees and I've never used the product.

Do NOT buy from this company, remember you were warned.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Did not work - not a risk free trial

This is not a trustworthy company. It cost me $11 to ship it back and then they charge a restocking fee. Still haven’t received my refund. Terrible customer service. They claim that they offer a 30 day risk-free trial, but that is not the case as I may end up getting half of my money back. As others have said, they block negative reviews on Facebook. I guess they blocked me because I am unable to post to or like their page. This occurred after I submitted an honest review on their page. I’m sure it’s been deleted.

Did not work

This filter did not fit my pool. I tried everything. When posting my experience with the product and asking for help they blocked Me instead of reaching out to fix the problem. They wouldn't respond to emails or calls. Don't buy this they do not back up there product. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

No ‘Whirlpool’ Action!

While I didn’t have the problem that others did, regarding the fit, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WHIRLPOOL ACTION. There’s nothing worse than being taken. I couldn’t wait to get it, as it looked great. Don’t waste your money. You’ll end up disappointed, with a normal skimmer basket and nothing more.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The return policy is awful!

The concept is great, however the design is not! If the water level of the pool drops it will not work at all!
Cost $10 to mail back and a 15% restocking fee. Wish I had found these reviews before I made my purchase!
I should have kept it and sold it at a yard sale, but I would have told them that it didn’t work!!