Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

Brand Manager for Skylight Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (42)
  • Purchase Price$5,592.54

Ben1676
Ben1676Sydney, NSW

Buyer beware, poor installation, property damaged. Zero accountability

• +3Thumbnail
dien hung l.
dien hung l.Sydney, NSW

Great service and job.

The installer were very polite and professional service. The customer service was excellent. They did a superb job and I would highly recommend their service. Thank you for your fast, efficient and professional work.

DO NOT USE

10 months in and still having issues, last review I wrote I was then threatened to take it down even though it was factual - nothing but bullies and clearly don't care when they break the contract. I would not recommend this company, the only reason I gave them a1 star rating is because you can't give a zero rating.

Krusty G.
Krusty G.

Very Professional from start to finish. Very happy.

From start to finish. They have been a pleasure to deal with & I was always kept informed of progress. The installer had a great knowledge base of products & took pride in his work.

Boris
Borissydney

great job and service

The process was a great experience from start to finish. The installers were friendly and professional. Happy that I decided to get Skylight to install our solar. Highly recommend their service.

The process was a breeze from start to finish. Our sales rep, Steve, was super helpful. The installers were friendly and professional. It was a great experience dealing with Skylight Energy. Highly recommend their service

Gotta love Solar

I had Solar installed in 2017 by Skylight Energy who were very a professional company.
They did a great job and i have not had any issues since.
I would definitely recommend them.

Andrew W.
Andrew W.Perth, WA

Happy with overall results

Happy with the overall performance of my new solar system. Skylight did a great job in installing and setting up the wifi on the inverter. Very pleased with my experience, have recommended to my neighbors.

SCOTT Brereton
SCOTT BreretonPerth, WA

No problems with this company

Ordered a battery to be hooked up on my existing solar on Wed. Installed on Fri same week.
Yuri was great to deal with.
Will deal with again when I need anything solar

Geoff R
Geoff RNew South Wales

Total waste of money

After dealing with a very efficient salesman, we paid a deposit. Even though we live in a regional area, we were assured that our system would be installed with a few weeks. 7 months down the track- nothing. Lodged a complaint with Department of Fair Trading- made no difference as they did not respond to a government department.
I’m sure they realise that it will cost more than the deposit was worth to try to recover the deposit.
I guess in the long run, if I’ve lost $500 but never have to deal with this mob again maybe I’m in front. Cannot imagine what it would be like trying to get warranty help
5/10 years down the track.
My advice- avoid them like the plague.

Dan G.
Dan G.

Excellent company to deal with

Had a pleasure in dealing with this company in installing our solar system. Had a 10 kw system installed and happy with the solar returns. Carlos, the sales rep was extremely helpful in finding a product that suited us. He was knowledgeable and provided a system that suited our needs. Another person that I wanted to thank is Jean from customer service. It was a pleasure talking to you. Excellent service from you.
Fantastic service and product . Thanks guys.

Solar panel install

All panels installed without any problems. The guys doing install were polite and did a great job cleaning up at the end of the day. I would recommend if your looking for solar.

Michelle
MichelleCentral West, NSW

If I could have put a minus I would have this company is a rip off they are not CEC approved

After I wrote my last review that have messaged back and said they won't fix it until I take my review down , my panels are a fire hazard and not installed properly they were asked to pull it down and I was told it will not be happening
Consumers beware do not go to this company

Don
DonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Happy Great Company

From Carlos in sales to Jessica in admin both were fantastic to deal with and keep me informed all the way . Installers were great and helped set up phone with the app .Highly Recommend

Indira W.
Indira W.Sydney, NSW

Have installed 2 system with them

The number of Quoted panels could not put on the roof. However, the service was good and the system is working beautifully. All and all satisfied and recommend to others.

Ben1676
Ben1676asked

I hear these guys Skylight Energy aren't actually accredited CEC retailers...yet they misrepresent that they are? Can anyone confirm? Anyone can be a CEC member, not hard to get.

I am not sure of CEC status, next week will be 12 mths since we signed the contract, and still on limbo. What has been done was well after agreed time frames and after we had stated we no longer wished to go ahead due to it not being completed in the 3 week time frame agreed. We were not informed the panel install was going to happen on the day it did, and we most certainly didn’t give consent to contractors/installers to access our property when we were not there, it was unauthorized entry ( they gained access through our garage and in our roof ) keeping in mind this was 3 mths after we stated we wanted a refund of the deposit. They have been extremely difficult to deal with and over the last 3/4 weeks they have stopped responding to emails! From personal experience I would NOT recommend them

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid
Services ProvidedInstaller and Solar Product Retailer
Clean Energy Council MemberYes
Clean Energy Council Recognition Accredited Installer, Approved Retailer and Member
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid