Slumberland Devon

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Alicia

AliciaPerth, WA

Sag and sore back

After a few years this mattress started to sag and cause lower back pain for myself. Disappointing considering the cost. It is also a very heavy mattress making changing the sheets a nightmare.

Purchased in September 2014 at Snooze for $1,900.00.

Nadia Yazji

Nadia Yazji

ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH!

After 3 months of purchase, my partner & I can't sleep a full night due to waking up in constant pain! Tossed & turned as recommended & used foam & other products for comfort & still can't lay on it.. even awake! Sleeping on my couch is much comfier. This mattress is absolutely rubbish!

Purchased in February 2018 at Snooze VIC, Nunawading for $1,200.00.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

Bogdan APerth, WA

Happy with our double one

I have purchased one from Snooze after my wife and myself did the bed test in their shop. This model was the second one on the list of mattresses recommended to us. Ended up buying it as was in withing our budget. Ours has a medium feel. Payed about $1200 in 2016. We still love it. Bought a queen one, same medium feel, about 1 year after, but does not feel the same (a bit strange I would say). We think the double one feels better. No issues with losing the shape or elasticity for either of them, in our case.

Purchased in June 2016 at Snooze NSW for $1,200.00.

SleeplessMid North Coast, NSW

Really disappointed could never recommend.

Absolutely terrible last 5 years of sleep due to this mattress. The support lasted for about 2 months then a massive sag started in the middle, if you then slept on the side you’re on an angle dipping towards the centre. Really dissatisfied for the price.

Purchased at Snooze for $2,100.00.

KTs

KTsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Slumberland Devon

Have woken up with severe night sweats and overheating ! Captain Snooze wouldn’t take the mattress back and offered to give me a gel topper.. experienced strong chemical smell. Awful experience

Purchased in January 2017 at Snooze for $1,199.00.

Ret

RetSydney, NSW

Horribly constructed. Support is gone within a month. Don't be swayed by the store model.

Do not buy

I’ve had this mattress for about 2.5 years and for the past year both my husband and I have been waking up with sore necks and backs. It’s a complete rip off and the people at Snooze don’t help you. They push this over priced mattress on you telling you it’s best suited to you but clearly it’s not!

Purchased in January 2017 at Snooze NSW, Ballina for $2,600.00.

Caused DiscomfortYes

747800Sydney, NSW

Very good purchase

Very comfortable bed after years of great sleep.

I've owned this mattress since 2011. I purchased a different one last year after discovering the dog had urinated on a corner of it.

Sadly my other mattress didn't live up to the level of restful sleep I'd had with this one.

I've had it hygienist cleaned and reverted back to it. Yes there's a minor odour but not to the degree some reviewers have commented on. There's a big difference to smell of a freshly manufactured bed vs toxicity that some people allege.

I've not ever had a smell that's been described.

Purchased in May 2011 for $900.00.

John

JohnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed

Purchased from , Snooze about 3 months ago .wake up aching in the Back !
Have rotated around , put on mattress topper , persisted and just can’t get a good sleep or stay on it once awake !
Very disappointed. Was recommended at snooze and they tried selling it to me 300 above advertised price Too ! Only relented when shown online price from snooze at the time .
I’m about to get rid of it !

Purchased in October 2019 at Snooze VIC, Bendigo for $1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionSide

Arpi

ArpiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbearable chemical odour

The chemical smell of this mattress was unbearable. We could not use it due to this. We could not get a refund, definitely did not want a replacement, and had to accept a store credit. Most concerning.

Purchased in October 2019 at Snooze for $1,139.00.

Mellymoo

MellymooSydney, NSW

Extremely toxic smell giving me a sore throat its been 4 days now with window open and fan on

Purchased in July 2019 at Snooze NSW, Manly Vale for $1,199.00.

Sudha

SudhaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't buy this mattress if you're sensitive to smells

It's been 8 weeks now and I can still taste it in my mouth and I haven't even slept on it. There is no refund from the retailer. I've tried bi carb ... but the smell is still there. I bought it believing the smell would pass .... it still might ..... but I'm not sure when.

Purchased in April 2019 at Snooze.

Going back to Sealy

Going back to SealyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful bed and awful service

Bed arrived much softer and bouncier than the one in Snooze showroom. Slumberland guy came out and said it met manufacturer specs. Every move by partner disturbs me. Can’t wait to get rid of it and buy another.

Purchased in May 2018 at Snooze VIC, Mornington for $1,200.00.

Marcio

Marcio

Poor constructed, unsupportive base

This mattress is a terrible product. Its poor constructed base makes it look like a giant jelly, which will make your body sink in the middle and cause terrible aches in your neck. And even minor movements from your partner will look like an earthquake.

It's impossible to find a good position to sleep on it. Even adding an extra pillow top didn't solve the issue.

To make it worse, Snooze Australia which sells it doesn't offer any comfort exchange or refund policy. They limit themselves to ask you to sleep 8 to 10 weeks to get used to it.

So, it's gonna be scrap metal and live with the loss.

All in all, avoid this product.

Purchased in December 2018 at Snooze Physical store for $1,100.00.

Woogie

Woogie

Wake up feeling like death!

This mattress seemed ok at first but I have had for nearly 12 months now and I am really disappointed. Every morning I wake up feeling sore and achy in the back where I wake up feeling fine in hotels. The support is all gone. I have just bought a Koala mattress, will see how that goes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DarrenBushfield

Toxic smell...can taste it in your mouth after waking

I also bought the devon from slumberland ,have had it almost two weeks now and still has a smell about it...i let it air in a room bare for two days with windows open and fan running when i first got it but still has a smell.. and i use to work in dairies so i now bad smells...

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Darren

Final update...mattress smell has gone..bi carb soda and another day of airing out worked....mattress is great now...glad i persisted

Bed too hard, wake up stiff

Purchase 6. Month ago and it’s so hard to sleep on no give in the mattress, not happy as the one in Snooze was soft and comfortable this bed is the Devon, it does not have a smell just not happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kim Economos

Kim EconomosIllawarra, NSW

No roll on the Devon!

Purchased the above mattress approx 3 months ago and have slept well ever since. It was a little firmer than I remembered in store but after a couple of months of use and turning, my husband and I are very happy with purchase. It's quite "stable" as in the other half can toss and turn with little disturbance to me! My son purchased the same mattress and he is also very happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gary

GarySydney

Slumberland Devon QS (MEDIUM) Mattress & My Side Low Profile Base Series 2,4 2016 (QS)

I purchased the above QS Bed and Base today at the SNOOZE BANKSTOWN STORE
with a Snooze Tencel Mattress Protector. I also paid for delivery and for them to take the old mattress away which they did, by the way the delivery service and removal guys were quick, professional and efficient.
Now nearly a year has passed since my purchase and I highly recommend this bed.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love this mattress!

Don't let negative reviews deter you from purchasing this mattress. I almost didn't buy because of this but I did buy mattress as I liked when trying in store and have had it for 1 week now and is so comfortable. Firm but supportive and no smell at all. Does feel very firm at first and I was worried but only been 1 week and feeling more moulded to my body and I would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017