Listing monitored by Smart Energy Answers

Pros

• Outstanding solar panel installation

• Clear explanations of solar system options

• Skilled and knowledgeable staff and installers

Cons

• Only available in NSW, ACT, VIC and SA

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (280)
  • Purchase Price$8,479.80

quick response to questions

Responded quickly with call, email and quotes when there was originally a no show for a sales discussion re solar installation. Rodriguez was knowledgeable and addressed questions directly and quickly.

Bryan
BryanSydney, NSW

Fast, Efficient, Excellent

Been looking at Solar for some time. Smart Energy Savers was recommended to me after a number of quotes from other vendors for which many were just sales people without knowledge of what they were selling. SEA sales know their "stuff" and answered my questions promptly. The system was quoted ordered and installed in a week!

The installation was smooth and quick. They arrived on time and the system was up and running within 4 hours. the guys were friendly and polite and cleaned up after the installation.

After installation the SEA admin also organized my Energy provider for new meter and the grid connection.

Very happy with Smart Energy Answers. I Highly recommend them

NJS
NJSCentral West, NSW

Very happy

The entire process was flawless. Communication was constant throughout the entire process. The installation went smoothly and the installers were pleasant, efficient, tidy and a credit to the company. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Polly
PollySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Easy transaction

Easy to deal with. The installers were on time, professiinal and cleaned up after themselves. Smart Energy Answers were very helpful throughout the whole process and kept us informed of what process was next.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Micky
MickySydney, NSW

Follow up installation & Customer support is excellent.

The installation team was so professional & friendly. Good and reliable products. Follow up the installation and customer support
are excellent. Smart Energy Answers is the Solar installation company that I'd recommended .

Liz
LizSydney, NSW

Very knowledgeable and experienced solar team

I found Smart Energy Answers to be very knowledgeable and experienced with great service and solar offerings. Quality products were quoted, all my questions answered and the installation team were timely and tidy. Most professional solar offering I found in the market

Jackie P.
Jackie P.Sydney, NSW

Very professional company. Installation team were friendly, polite and left no mess.

Discussed everything before installation started. Took photos of roof to confirm agreed panel placement. Follow up emails and phonecall. Great customer service.
Now even a full month and I have already received a smaller electricity bill. Awesome

Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW

Fabulous team

The sales, service and installation team were amazing the job was done with no fuss and the end result is saving us on our bill every day. I consider this the best investment I made.

john
johnSydney, NSW

Great Decision

THANK YOU to all the people involved, from advice to installation,it was a good experience for myself with no knowledge of the technicalities involved THANKS TO ALL AT SMARTENERGY AND ALL THE TEAM

Hendri
HendriGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend

Brad and his team did the best job installing the panels, staff were friendly. Installed to a 2 storey unit without any hiccups, seems like walk in the park for them. A very nice follow up and brief explanations regading the process and after installation. Very satisfied

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Get quotes

Very happy with the system and the company.

I was given the right advice from the start. They advised a bigger system than other installers now I am getting the benefits from extra feed in tariff. The installers apparently work for them so they take extra care. And months later I have received several phone calls asking me if I am happy with the product and if I am having any problems. Very rare these days. They may not be the cheapest quote you get but there is good reason for that. In my experience if you pay cheap you usually get cheap and nasty.

Rene A.
Rene A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THE company you need for hassle-free installations.

Sandif
SandifGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent product. As advertised.

Dealing with this company was easy and always efficient and professional. They were on time and installed my panels in a vey timely manner. Installers did a great job and made sure site was left clean and tidy.

Patrick L
Patrick LSydney, NSW

Professional service, and happy customer

I installed a 6.6KW system with LG panels back in November 2020, got a couple of quotes but chose SEA, booked an installation and got everything up and running on the installation day. The installation process was smoothly no drama at all. The system works well and definitely had a significant decrease in the bill.

The thing I really like is they don't keep pushing you to make a decision. Great customer service for per and post-installation. They are not cheap nor overprice, but provide a professional service. I would recommend Smart Energy Answer if anyone don't mind paying slightly more.

N.B. SEA is great so far, but I can't tell whether they can provide the same great service if something goes wrong.

Rach
RachSydney, NSW

Excellent service, keep it up!

I am happy we have chosen SEA for our solar system. Starting from the initial consultation with Richard, we were explained how the system would work and how different plans would fit in our budget without compromising much of the output return. From there we could decide on what panels and inverter to use. Honestly, with Richard coming over to our place and having a look of our roof and and orientation, we felt more confident to go ahead. Installation was efficient and professional. Richard also followed up after installation and was prompt to respond to our enquiries. SEA also provides clear information on the whole process and informs us progress. Very organised and impressive service.

Read more reviews - page 2

Carol Tasked

Official website doesn’t tell me where they are located? Do they service the Gold Coast?

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we don't service that area.
Our head office is in Sydney, and we have operation centres in Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange.

john
johnasked

Hi,
Do you also work on the Mornington Peninsula?

Customer Success TeamSmart Energy Answers

Hi John,
yes we service your area.
You can enquiry through

Kind Regards,

Carol T

Where are you based? Do you service the Gold Coast?

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we don't have operation centres in Queensland.

B F.asked

I've got an order in with SEA - paid a deposit just about a week ago and had a number of questions for them which were not specifically answered by the initial rep visit.

I am absolutely sure that I will be installing a battery within the next couple of years, but want to make sure that the system is working, and as I have gone solar edge with monitoring I should be able to then calculate whether a battery is worth the investment, once I see when we're importing, generating, etc.

Question is, the rep said that the engineering team would check my proposal and sort out those details, but 7 days after paying the deposit I've not heard from them. I need to know what I'm buying before the cooling off period on the contract ends. I've called the 1300 number and believe I get an overseas call centre who have no way to transfer the call to an engineering , design, or installation team - but said they will send an email which will likely be replied to between 24 and 48 "business hours" - that could mean 6 days from now, at which time the cooling off period has ended.... That did not fill me with confidence at all and I hope my nervousness is misplaced. I've been clear from the start that I need to add a battery later and I have no design to look at, I know the "inverter placement" hinted by the rep is not correct for this to be achievable.

2nd question is they don't seem to take responsibility for getting the gross meter changed to a net meter, and Ive seen (with AGL, Sydney) scare stories that AGL have threatened people with $20,000 fines for connecting up their system, some people waiting a whole year to get the meter changed over. I believe this is a simple software change by whoever owns the meter, Ausgrid?, but I've not been able to get any confirmation on how long this takes. AGL's own solar line direct phone number doesn't answer, and their online chat doesnt' work, because they stopped selling solar. I'm again nervous of buying a system when I cannot get an answer out of anyone on the responsibility of net metering. The rep said not to worry about it, it shouldn't take long.. but does anyone have actual experience of how hard the switch over will be?

Thanks for reading all this far! -

Customer Success TeamSmart Energy Answers

Hi B F.
Thanks for your message.
Can you please provide your name and postcode so we can find you in our crm and try to address the points you raised asap?
Regards

Brit
Brit

They were always very quick to respond to my questions so I'm sure you will get your answers asap!

B F.

Thanks Diane, I left my details with the team earlier and awaiting their promised engineer/design contact.

See all Smart Energy Answers questions

Get an answer from our members and Smart Energy Answers representatives

If you’re looking to install a solar panel system in your home or on a commercial building, the process for residential installations works as follows.

It begins with a consultation, followed by a tailored system design (where you’ll choose your solar products), a proposal acceptance (where the cost will likely be agreed upon), an application for the required permits, and finally - professional installation.

Smart Energy Answers also offers to monitor your set-up and provides ongoing post-sale assistance.

Points of praise for Smart Energy Answers:

• A comprehensive consultation process allowed property owners to develop a clear idea of their options when it came to solar installation, which was sometimes a new and unfamiliar topic.
  • Reviewers were especially pleased with the excellent workmanship showed by solar panel installers, who they described collectively as friendly, efficient and experienced.
  • The attentive customer care and support was a constant plus point throughout the purchase and installation process.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With an outstanding 4.9-star review as at November 2020, it’s immediately clear that there’s little not to love about the solar service that Smart Energy Answers provides.

So much so, that it’s won the 2021 Award for Best Solar Panel Installer in NSW. Top scores went to the company’s excellent installation and customer service, as well as the level of trust it established with its customers.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers