Good Sales but Poor Installation

I will not recommend this retailer if you are not in NSW. Their sales are good but subcontracted electrician is not so professional. I live in VIC, beside the actual installation was delayed by 3 weeks, and their electrician did not initialize the inverter according to Australian standard which caused the system failure in the first 2 months after installed, that was half of summer season at the end of 2018. I spent loads of time contact different parties (retailer, manufacturer, grid provider, Solar VIC and Consumer Affair etc), and end up fixing it myself. The company finally give me access to the system and ask me to fix it myself. All these supposed to be done by them and their licensed electrician!!!!

So the technical part of issue and my contact summary are below:
- my area is experiencing high voltage upto 250v (standard 240v), the grid provider has now fixed it.
- if the inverter was installed according to Australian Standard, it should tolerate voltage range upto 255v which should not be an issue
- The inverter was installed as default setting (the electrician did not select AUS option in configuration), which cause the system constantly stopped working when the grid reached 250v.

- I contacted the company, they blame the grid provider...
- I contacted the grid provider, it will take them a while to fix it (I agree they also have responsibility to keep this in the range)
- I contacted SMA, the German inverter manufacturer, and been advised the system was not configured according to AUS standard
- I contacted Solar Quotes, been advised high voltage is very common issue, the solar company should test the area before signing the contract and let me know the issue for decision making, which obviously they did not.
- I contacted Consumer Affair, been asked to contact the retailer again...
- I then went back to the solar company, but been told the electrician is too busy to come back...so they got me access to the system and ask me to fix it myself...good job!

After all this mess, the system finally back online however, I missed the first summer after installation...very impressive

Panel Purchased SMA Sunny Boy 5.0
System Size6.6 KW
Purchase Price $6,600.00

Followed up, great service

Initial miscommunication with sales rep, however company director called up to rectify the problem.
Great level of follow up and business integrity, definitely will give these guys another shot moving forward.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hello Duy! Thank you for your kind words. Once more, I'd like to apologise for the miscommunication that occurred, and we're glad that we brought back satisfaction to your Solar experience. Rest assured that all future issues and concerns will be handled accordingly. Should you have any more concerns in the near future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679. Have a nice day!

Great communication and a very simple and smooth process. Very friendly staff who clearly explained what was involved and the benefits as a customer. Highly recommend for anyone thinking about solar panels.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Mark! Thank you for sharing a marvellous review. Our team are always helpful and clear. We're so glad you were happy with the experience. It's customers like you that make our job pleasant. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679. Have a nice day!

Exceptionally comprehensive

I was really impressed with the comprehensive explanation and detail of the information provided prior to deciding to go ahead with solar panel installation by Smart Energy Answers. I knew exactly what to expect regarding my requirements, installation, ongoing service and the benefits of having solar power. I was not disappointed and 8 months down the track I am delighted that my expectations have been exceeded.

Panel Purchased SunPower
Purchase Price $15,980.00
Hi Suba! Thank you for leaving a gratifying rating. We are overjoyed that you are pleased with the products and services we have provided. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679. Have a great week ahead!

Good Job SMA

We upgraded from 2.5kW single phase system to 6.4kW 3 phase with REC panels and SolarEdge Inverter. Price was good and installation was excellent. Team leaders where easy to talk too and professional at times. From Sales to install was a good experience.

Panel Purchased REC 320 watt
System Size6.4 KW
Hello Teza! Thank you for sharing a positive review and for trusting us with your solar system needs. As a CEC Approved Retailer, we are committed in providing tailored solutions, quality installs and excellent customer experience. We're very glad you appreciated it. Buy Quality. Buy Once. Buy Smart. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679 or visit our website. Have a great week ahead!

Very happy

I got quotes from 10 companies. Only two provided quotes that were tailored to our requirements. Smart Energy Answers provided the best quote in terms of function, information and price. This was followed up by great installation and after sale service.

Panel Purchased LG 365w
System Size6.57 KW
Hi Ross! Thank you for the heartwarming feedback. Yes, here at Smart Energy Answers our goal is to always provide a tailor-made solution that will definitely fit our customers needs. And to always prioritize customer service satisfaction. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679. Have a nice day!

Happy Customer - Great Customer Service

Leading up to choosing SMART Energy Answers, I did months of research into Solar Panels. I had been ripped off before by a major supplier at our previous address and I was adamant I wasn't going to let that happen to us again. The team at SMART Energy Answers were so helpful, they were patient, knowledgeable and always had time for my many queries. They were also well priced. The installation team were fantastic, they were personable, quick, confident and when they advised me they would come back to install a sun shade over the Solar power box, they did exactly that.

Panel Purchased Solar Edge SE5000H w/ Modbus Meter
System Size5.5 KW
Purchase Price $6,500.00
Hi Kiri Van, thank you for the review! We are happy that you had a positive experience with our company and that you found our team helpful and patient. If there's anything we can do to further improve your experience, please do reach out to us at our toll free number 1300 732 679. Have a nice day!

These Guys are good!

With higher electricity prices I decided to get solar panels on my roof, Smart energy are professional and provided German technology made solar panels. The team who installed them took less than a day and were helpful in providing information. I now have an App which tells me how much electricity I make. In winter I am already producing 20Kw/hour bring on summer. I highly recommend this company.

Panel Purchased sungrow
System Size5 KW
Purchase Price $12,000.00
Hello Peter! Thank you for the positive review! It's nice to know that your system is working well for you and that you had a positive experience with our team. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679. Have a great week ahead!

Excellent!!!

Great professional service experienced from start to finish. The team were helpful and made the whole experience very easy and kept me informed along the way. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend to anyone interested.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Joe, We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

Already saving heaps within 6 mths from installation,well worth it.

Great service and no problems what so ever. Acurate with every promise and cant believe my reduction in quarterly power bill,,and its only been 6 mths. I now pay less than a quarter of my original bill total which means ill lpay for my solar system outlay in no time.
Go for it,so pleased with Smart Energy. Well done team.

Panel Purchased Q CELLS
System Size5 KW
Purchase Price $8,699.00
Hi Wendy! It's great to hear you had a smooth installation and that you are enjoying the benefits of your solar energy system. Thank you for the affirmation. Please do reach out to us at our toll free number 1300 732 679 if there's anything else we can do for you. Have a great day!

Thrilled

Smart Energy Answers was professional and helpful from the very first contact. The whole install process was very smooth and the installers themselves went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We had one tiny issue and in 2 days we had 2 people on our roof making sure it was rectified. Time is the ultimate test but with such a long install guarantee given by SMA on top of the guarantees offered by the manufacturers I have no worries. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. If you are considering solar, for your own benefit, at least give these guys a call!

Panel Purchased LG
System Size9.86 KW
Hi Yard! It's great to hear that you have no worries about your system, and that you are satisfied with the action we took to correct the issue you had with your installation. If we can help you with anything else, please do call us at 1300 732 679, or visit our website. Thanks!

Excellent company to deal with.

We have had our Smart Energy Answers solar system up and running for a couple of weeks and we are delighted. Everyone we have dealt with has been helpful and available. The panels were installed quickly and without any mess left behind. We were never pushed to install more than we needed and the price quoted was more than fair and compared very favourably to the two other quotes we received from elsewhere. We highly recommend Smart Energy Answers.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Very good Company supplying good products

I would highly recommend using Smart Energy Answers if you are looking at putting in a solar installation. I purchased a 5.5kw system originally which I then got upgraded to 8kw. The install team were very good and have a very high quality craftsmanship. The design team were spot on with output estimates and the after sales service have been great.

Panel Purchased Trina M-Plus 305w
System Size5.5 KW
Purchase Price $6,100.00

Whole process went very smoothly

PV system just installed. The whole process went smoothly and as per company agreement. Very happy with final result. Would recommend SEA to any prospective clients. All staff very helpful and professional.

Panel Purchased Canadian
System Size6 KW
Purchase Price $5,000.00

Super happy with Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers were recommended to me & I would do the same to anyone asking. The process was professional, delivery on time & hassle free. The cost savings promised were conservative, so my expectations have been exceeded.
Thank you!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Very happy with the product and service

We are very happy with the product and service from Smart Energy Answers. Our power bill has greatly reduced and the after sales service has been excellent . We would highly recommend this company to anyone wanting a Solar system installed.

Panel Purchased Sunpower P19
System Size6.4 KW
Purchase Price $8,195.00

Excellent experience with Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers provided a trouble free Solar installation. Everything from providing advice on panel and inverter suppliers, panel layout, and how to use the App, proved no problem for them.
Sam also arranged to have part of the system installed on the weekend so that it could be up and running before the Christmas holiday season.
Overall the system is performing as expected and there hasn't been any issues.

Panel Purchased Trina
System Size6 KW
Purchase Price $7,200.00

Happy customer

Oren and Michael helped during the sales and pre-installation process, they gave me good brand equipment at a good price. Michael also helped getting documents to me for the Vic rebate and the design details for a council planning permit. The installation itself was top notch - clean and tidy.

Panel Purchased Canadian Solar

Very Happy

Satisfied Customer. Very happy with the price, service and product supplied by Smart Enery Answers. Also seen a dramatic drop in my subsequent energy bills so it's on for paying itself off in the not too distance future.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Great product and after sales care

Very happy with Smart Energy Answers.
The system is producing very well.
I did alot of research on different solar panels and inverters and found the sunpower and Fronious to be the best.
Highly recommended.

Panel Purchased Sunpower
System Size8.2 KW
Purchase Price $10,000.00

Hi! I've just had a quote from Smart Renewable Solution, based in Ballarat. They seem to only have a Facebook page, plus a webpage with no links. Promoting Risen Energy pv panels and Fronius invereors. Any further reviews or testimonials on the company or the products would be helpful.
Hello Jane, Thanks for your question. I would recommend you get a comparison quotation from one of our experienced energy solutions consultants so that you can make an informed decision. Risen is not bad but there is definitely much better gear in the market. Please email us to info@smartenergyanswers.com.au with your address and best contact number and we will be in touch soon. Kind RegardsI don't think this is the same company as Smart Energy AnswersThanks Ross, you are right, it isn't. I'm getting two other local quotes in the meantime. Regards, Jane

We recently dealt with smart energy for our new solar system and are very happy however the pricing of the likes of Arise solar seems so much cheaper, by thousands actually ?
When I was young I always believed you pay for what you get, nothing has changed. You can buy cheaper panels in the market but they will never work as good although I'm not an expert just happy with what I paid for.Hello Barbara, We appreciate your feedback on the service received so far and we also understand your concerns. We are a Team of Professionals, a Solar "Installation" Company who treats solar as a complex electrical install which is going on one of your main assets, your family home, and deserves respect: there are a lot of variables like system size, products, site specifics and workmanship which will affect the final price. We do not compromise on quality and we help our customers make an informed decision and tailor a system for them with an accurate site assessment and an evaluation on current needs and future requirements and explanation of all different technologies in the market. Once you are with us we will guide you through the solar journey and we will design and install your system according to CEC best practices with experienced electricians and installers. We will make sure you are a very happy customer as part of SEA family. Unfortunately, too many people in Australia have been burnt with cheap dodgy solar installs from Solar "Sales" Companies who specialise in spamming social medias with cheap prices and treat solar as a plug and play appliance, one size fits it all. These companies use the cheapest subcontractors, often unprofessional personnel (sometimes backpackers), to install your system, they don't follow safety regulations and take shortcuts as much as they can to mimise their costs, a part from using the lowest quality products available at the wholesaler. This is a recipe for disaster and what you will find is that normally this sort of companies have a high volume of online reviews, with many good ones and many bad ones too, which means there is a big risk - 50-50 chance something can go wrong. Barbara, if you were to buy a Toaster from Target, I would say you can take the risk of buying the cheapest available and then replace it when it breaks; however with Solar we believe you should it once and do it right as the consequences of making a bad decision are far more dangerous (leaks, voltage issues in the house, exposed ugly cables, fires etc....) At Smart Energy Answers, we’re setting high standards for the solar industry. As a CEC approved retailer, we are committed to providing customers with high quality products, tailored solutions, quality installations and outstanding customer service. We go above and beyond to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Buy Quality. Buy Once. Buy Smart. info@smartenergyanswers.com.au 1300 732 679Hi Smart Energy Peter here, can you tell me why my solar system disconnects according to a voltage error 014 which shuts the system down for an hour or more. This has happened 5 times now.

Is $7,000 (Trina panels) -$8,000 (Q power panels) reasonable for a 5kW system?
Hi Daryl, what system size and inverter are you looking at? State / location is important too because of the variation of STCs incentives. If you would like to provide some more details, we will be happy to help: info@smartenergyanswers.com.au5kW system, not sure of the inverter. I am in Bathurst NSWDaryl, at that price it seems expensive then, unless the site is very complex to install. I would definitely advise a 2nd opinion / quote.

CategorySolar Retailers