Smart Energy Answers

Pros

• Outstanding solar panel installation

• Clear explanations of solar system options

• Skilled and knowledgeable staff and installers

Cons

• Only available in NSW, ACT, VIC and SA

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (242)
  • Purchase Price$8,604.16
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Carol

CarolCanberra 2600, ACT

Going solar was the best decision I made this year.

Smart Energy Answers were the most helpful and most informative in what is a very competitive and confusing field. Their price was good and they were able to do the job very quickly. The installers were excellent and the follow up has also been very good. My first bill came in after the installation and I was amazed at the difference to previous bills. I can recommend Smart Energy Answers if you are considering switching to solar.

System Size6.6 KW
Tatiana I.Smart Energy Answers

One month in - excellent so far

Our roof is not ideal (varying angles, and some parts slightly west-facing), and of the companies I contacted Smart Energy Answers was willing to work through the challenges. Consultation and installation were professional and I was assured the system would be viable.

Now that I have a full month of billing data I am relieved to see the system is performing very well and will pay for itself in the timeframe I was hoping for. The SolarEdge app is very nice, too.

Panel PurchasedLG Neon, SolarEdge inverter
Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

Solar power is great - green energy & save $

-Happy with SEA consultant Oren who given good advise during pre sales stage
-Smooth Installation within one day for 9.5kw solar power with 26 LG panels, 26 Power Optimizers, & 2 SolarEdge inverters (one for my EV car) & Tesla battery
-save around $4000 electricity bill per year
- Total investment will break even around 7.5 years

System Size9.5 KW

Chris

ChrisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Amazing service

System Size6.6 KW
Panel PurchasedSeraphim blade black half cut cell mono solar panels

Fantastic Customer Service

Customer service was very good, and installation process was smooth. I highly recommend Smart Energy Answers to anyone who is hoping to have solar panels installed for their home, you won't regret it.

Happy Client

Happy ClientSydney, NSW

Feed back on Smart Energy Answer

Just had panels installed by Smart Energy Answers. From initial contact to after the installation the whole process was super easy and on install day the team was great to deal with. The after install follow-up has been excellent.

System Size6.29 KW
Panel PurchasedLG Mono Plus
Purchase Price$8,000.00
MrVebes

MrVebesSydney, NSW

Great Service, Great Team, Great System

I did a lot of research before deciding to go with SEA and I could not be happier with my choice. High quality tradesmen and great communication at all stages.

System Size13.32 KW
Panel PurchasedCanadian Solar 370W x 36 panels

Perfect Installation

I would give A++++ to Smart Energy Answers. They installed my system one and half years ago. I have no issues with SEA system. They were very informative and answered all my questions. From sales to installation It was quick, easy and faultless. We are happy with SEA service.

Panel PurchasedFlex
Suz

SuzHunter Region, NSW

Face to face contact non existent

System Size6.5 KW
Panel PurchasedCanadian Hiku Black half cell
Purchase Price$6,977.00

Darren

DarrenSydney, NSW

my solar installation

once finalising the quotation to meet my budget i had to delay the installation due to other renovations taking place that had to be completed prior to solar installation, Smart Energy were excellent in holding off and waiting until i was ready which was 4 months once i advised them that they could proceed they completed a reasonably large installation within 3 days with no fuss and more importantly no disruption to the family. Before i knew it the installation was completed and i was saving money on my energy bill straight away. i am yet to receive my first bill but based on the information available on the App it appears i will either have no bill or a minimal amount to pay.

System Size18 KW
Panel PurchasedCanadian
Purchase Price$32,000.00

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Top tier service

Smart Energy Answers are provided a top tier panel and industry best inverter.
The service was seamless, from initial consultation and quoting through to scheduling and on-site installation they were extremely helpful and professional.

System Size4.4 KW
Panel PurchasedCanadian
Purchase Price$6,116.00
Tatiana I.Smart Energy Answers

Excellent service from start to finish

I was very happy with Smart Energy Answers from start to finish. The initial stages were easy and the customer service was perfect. They gave me all the info i needed and helped me choose the right system for my house. The installers were great and especially Darren the electrician who did an amazing job installing the inverter in my garage and hooking it up to the switch board.

System Size7 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai
Jeff M.

Jeff M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

only 3 weeks in and all looks great

Selected Smart Energy Answers after 4 quotes and discussions, Sales person was good and informative.
information regarding install was great, Installation team were excellent would recommend highly.
Job was completed in Drizzle rain conditions and very TIDY tradespeople. App at present shows great
results looking forward to energy supplier doing smart meter. Would Highly recommend Justin &Darrens
Team and Smart Energy Answers, Follow up has been a good regarding system by phone and email.
Thank you.

System Size6.65 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai
Teresa

Teresa

Solar is great - cost saving & help save our planet

Solar & Tesla battery installation efficiently completed within 1 day by SEA
SEA responsive to post service enquiries
Highly recommend solar & battery technology, our house's CO2 emission offset equal to 42 trees planted in first 3 months period

Mike

MikeMaroubra

Professional service

Find out how Smart Energy Answers compares to other Solar Panel Installers

High quality install - only high quality materials used

For me, choosing a solar installer is all about the quality of the installation. Smart energy answers design honest systems that fit your actual property. They then performed a neat and careful installation. They only offer high quality equipment and are easy to contact if anything needs following up.

System Size6.8 KW

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money back!

My second electricity bill was a credit!
We actually made money.
Sales and installation were faultless, quick and easy.
Sales manager was based in Sydney, but he organised everything.
Installation was quick and easy.
We could not be happier

Panel PurchasedSungrow
Purchase Price$2,880.00
Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Very good service

very good and professional service. Pannel installation process are clear and organised. The job done very professionally. The staffs very helpful. Very happy with this company. Will recommend to all my friend.

System Size9.99 KW
Purchase Price$9,200.00
Sherwin Kleine

Sherwin KleineSydney, NSW

Easy solar array installation

We couldn’t be happier with our new solar array. The Smart Energy Answers team members were very polite and efficient and the system works flawlessly. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Tatiana I.Smart Energy Answers

So happy with the service and the price.

The price was lower than other quotes we had received for a larger system. Once we proceeded with the quote, the customer service was fantastic. They came to install the system and realised that the inverter was not appropriate for the ground wires. While we waited for the new inverter to arrive, they kept in touch each week to advise any updates. As soon as the inverter arrived, they came to install it at 4pm! They explained the system as well as the app and we have been really happy since. We should be receiving our new bill soon!

System Size8.76 KW
Purchase Price$13,000.00

Carol Tasked

Official website doesn’t tell me where they are located? Do they service the Gold Coast?

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we don't service that area.
Our head office is in Sydney, and we have operation centres in Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange.

john

johnasked

Hi,
Do you also work on the Mornington Peninsula?

Customer Success TeamSmart Energy Answers

Hi John,
yes we service your area.
You can enquiry through

Kind Regards,

Carol T

Where are you based? Do you service the Gold Coast?

Hi Carol,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we don't have operation centres in Queensland.

B F.asked

I've got an order in with SEA - paid a deposit just about a week ago and had a number of questions for them which were not specifically answered by the initial rep visit.

I am absolutely sure that I will be installing a battery within the next couple of years, but want to make sure that the system is working, and as I have gone solar edge with monitoring I should be able to then calculate whether a battery is worth the investment, once I see when we're importing, generating, etc.

Question is, the rep said that the engineering team would check my proposal and sort out those details, but 7 days after paying the deposit I've not heard from them. I need to know what I'm buying before the cooling off period on the contract ends. I've called the 1300 number and believe I get an overseas call centre who have no way to transfer the call to an engineering , design, or installation team - but said they will send an email which will likely be replied to between 24 and 48 "business hours" - that could mean 6 days from now, at which time the cooling off period has ended.... That did not fill me with confidence at all and I hope my nervousness is misplaced. I've been clear from the start that I need to add a battery later and I have no design to look at, I know the "inverter placement" hinted by the rep is not correct for this to be achievable.

2nd question is they don't seem to take responsibility for getting the gross meter changed to a net meter, and Ive seen (with AGL, Sydney) scare stories that AGL have threatened people with $20,000 fines for connecting up their system, some people waiting a whole year to get the meter changed over. I believe this is a simple software change by whoever owns the meter, Ausgrid?, but I've not been able to get any confirmation on how long this takes. AGL's own solar line direct phone number doesn't answer, and their online chat doesnt' work, because they stopped selling solar. I'm again nervous of buying a system when I cannot get an answer out of anyone on the responsibility of net metering. The rep said not to worry about it, it shouldn't take long.. but does anyone have actual experience of how hard the switch over will be?

Thanks for reading all this far! -

Customer Success TeamSmart Energy Answers

Hi B F.
Thanks for your message.
Can you please provide your name and postcode so we can find you in our crm and try to address the points you raised asap?
Regards

Brit
Brit

They were always very quick to respond to my questions so I'm sure you will get your answers asap!

B F.

Thanks Diane, I left my details with the team earlier and awaiting their promised engineer/design contact.

Get an answer from our members and Smart Energy Answers representatives

If you’re looking to install a solar panel system in your home or on a commercial building, the process for residential installations works as follows.

It begins with a consultation, followed by a tailored system design (where you’ll choose your solar products), a proposal acceptance (where the cost will likely be agreed upon), an application for the required permits, and finally - professional installation.

Smart Energy Answers also offers to monitor your set-up and provides ongoing post-sale assistance.

Points of praise for Smart Energy Answers:

• A comprehensive consultation process allowed property owners to develop a clear idea of their options when it came to solar installation, which was sometimes a new and unfamiliar topic.
  • Reviewers were especially pleased with the excellent workmanship showed by solar panel installers, who they described collectively as friendly, efficient and experienced.
  • The attentive customer care and support was a constant plus point throughout the purchase and installation process.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With an outstanding 4.9-star review as at November 2020, it’s immediately clear that there’s little not to love about the solar service that Smart Energy Answers provides.

So much so, that it’s won the 2021 Award for Best Solar Panel Installer in NSW. Top scores went to the company’s excellent installation and customer service, as well as the level of trust it established with its customers.

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers