• Application Process
Jamieson

Jamieson

WOEFUL and INCOMPETENT. Avoid at all costs.

What should have been a very simple salary sacrifice arrangement has turned into a court case.

Incompetent staff, poor internal escalations, IT systems that don't work as they are supposed to - and arrogant or no responses to escalations and complaints.

Don't trust these muppets with your money! Just don't do it.

Good service

The staff are always so helpful with adjusting my packaging etc. I have never had any issues using smart salary. Would recommend as a packaging provider for general expenses and meal entertainment.

drgregory75

drgregory75Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

1 star is generous, but it's a requirement

Woeful customer service. "your call has come to the wrong department"....." i cant help you...." " not my area....:" if you own shares in this company - SELL. Worst customer service attitude ever experienced.

Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services

Find out how Smartsalary compares to other Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services

Horrible company and customer service

Ridiculous customer service, extremely incomptetent. Getting a response takes ages and even then many a times they stuff up the details. At a time when home loan rates are <2%, they refinanced me at a comparison rate of 11.8%

Liesie W.

Liesie W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disorganised, unprofessional organisation.

Unprofessional, poorly organised staff. Mixed messages from staff regarding key information. 6 weeks to attempt to set up SalarySacrifice due to inaccurate information being given by staff. There are far better salary sacrifice organisations available.

TrevL

TrevLPerth

Not worth it

Jessica M.

Jessica M.South East Queensland, QLD

Late Payments, Terrible Customer Service, Won’t Let You Cancel - Stay Away!

ChiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very difficult to get customer service.

I phoned to get instructions for navigating the website (27/01/21). There was no answer for 20 minutes and then I hung up. However, soon after, I rang the same number for car leasing enquirery, just to test, someone answered within 10 seconds. The company is not interested in helping current members unless you are leasing a car. Please note that I didn't leave my main email adress below.

Simon S.Smartsalary

Very sorry to hear that you had trouble getting through to our team. We are currently receiving a large volume of calls to our customer support teams, causing long waiting times. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Chia

Thank you, Simon for the comment. I was able to get help the next day - third time lucky and solve my tech issues.

Simon S.Smartsalary

I'm glad to hear that you were finally able to get some assistance, apologies again that it took so long. I hope you have a good day!

Brooke

BrookeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad service, don't return calls or emails

Really bad to deal with. Won't return calls or emails. Received an email over 12 months after lease with them had ended where they told me that I owed an extra $450+. I paid the money but then remembered that all my costs should have been covered. Have tried to sort this out with them, but they are not responding to any form of communication. Go with Remserv if you have the chance. I switched to them and have had no issues.

Kaylene Evans

Kaylene EvansGippsland, VIC

Terrible both during and after

Sheri

SheriSydney, NSW

Stuffed up lease transfer

MFr

MFrGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AVOID this company like the plague!!

Dee R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute joke of a business. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

bourked22

bourked22Southwest, VIC

Completely avoid this company

Over 18 months after I closed my account (my employer swapped to a different salary package company) I got an email saying I owe them nearly $400 dollars. This was in addition to them giving me less than three weeks notice that my pay would be $400 dollars less for the next three pays (prior to the change over date) as they supposedly hadn’t been taking enough out. They also stuffed up the payments to St George for the novated lease leaving me being chased by them for several hundred dollars. Dealing with them is nothing but stressful. Definitely avoid them, not worth the hassle!

Tess

Tess

Avoid this company

18 months after my account was closed and all finalised at zero with them paying out I received an out of the blue email X 2 (both at cob on a Friday) stating I owe money and it will be sent to a debt collector.
Logging in to the old account on line I am unable to see anywhere where this debt has come from (presumably because my account is closed).
Been on hold for over 20 minutes trying to speak with someone.

Ellie

EllieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just don't do it

Staff are incompetent, takes a minimum of a week to get an email response, and even when you get a response the staff do not have satisfactory answers about what charges and money has been taken out of your account. My $11,000 car loan ended up costing $27,000 + monthly admin fees. I submitted forms in August for a refund it's now the 30th of November and it has still not been processed. Would not recommend to anyone!!

Madison S.Smartsalary

Worst company ever avoid at all cost

Incompetent staff, no clue about how to conduct business. 10 months in and I’m still waiting for my Novated Lease to transition from their former company called Selectus. Next stage is my lawyer.
The company tries to placate with apologies for their poor service but nothing ever changes

MP Sydney

MP SydneySydney, NSW

Worst company out there for salary packaging

Emailed the company for my wife's salary packaging a month back. They responded on 4-Sep advising someone from sales team will contact me within 2 business days but they did not. I am not on hold for over 20 minutes with them on the call. They use [Term Removed] customer service agents and have very poorly designed website. From my wife's workplace, they were thinking of writing to the Minister of Health to investigate this company as they never had any issues with salary packaging when it was in house.

Stuart R.

Stuart R.South East Queensland, QLD

This company is to be avoided at all costs

Objective review of using Smart Lease / Smart Salary for a car lease

Marie

Marie asked

I am thinking of taking leave without pay to undertake full time studies for a year. What options do I have to pay for my car? Can I pay for the whole year or buy it outright?

Lysandra S.Smartsalary

Hi Marie, you can discuss the arrangements directly with your financier for more information however generally you can pay monthly installments direct to the financier or payout the vehicle early. The payout figure would include all remaining lease payments and the residual value. The financier can provide a quote of the current remaining balance. The salary packaging would cease in this instance, you would be required to organise your own comprehensive insurance, fuel and other vehicle expenses. Thank you kindly

CyberKevasked

Hi

I am in the process of finalising my second lease with Smart Salary. During the first lease, I had three fuel cards, including one for Caltex. This was the card we have been using at least 95% of the time, as there is a Caltex about 1km from our house. I notice that Smart Salary is now only offering cards for BP and Shell. Is there a reason why Caltex is no longer offered. I know it is in the process of changing to Ampol and wondered if Smart Salary will offer an Ampol card once the change goes through across Australia?

Kevin

Lysandra S.Smartsalary

Hi there, thank you for your message. We recommend BP and Shell due to the slightly cheaper transaction fees payable. These cards incur a 30 cent per transaction fee when compared to Caltex's fee of 38 cents. If you require a Caltex fuel card, please kindly contact us through private message with your account details alternatively via Facebook, email (customersupport@smartsalary.com.au) or by phone (1300 476 278) and we can order this card for you. You may use the Caltex card at any Caltex (or Ampol) service station. Thank you kindly

CyberKev

Answering my own question, as an agent just emailed me to say that they had ordered a Caltex Card for me. Good service, many thanks.

Chris

Chrisasked

Hi,
I was wondering what finance company is used when leasing a vehicle and what Is the interest rate ?

Lysandra S.Smartsalary

Hi Chris, Smartsalary use a panel of financier's in order to source the best deal on behalf of our customers. We use a fixed interest rate that varies month to month. I would recommend contacting our team on 1300 144 873 to discuss what you are looking for and to arrange a quote. We will be able to provide more information this way. Thank you kindly

Edward K.
Edward K.

They don't want to tell you on a public forum because it's a disgraceful rate!

Get an answer from our members and Smartsalary representatives

Other Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services