4.4

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Totally professional and seamless service

The customer service with Smartlease has always been 1st rate with everything done in a timely manner and always able to address or answer any concerns with minimal fuss. The online website is easy to navigate and find all the relevant information.

jonathon P

jonathon PAdelaide

Unfortunate experience

Whilst the phone representatives are friendly over the phone, the service has been terrible. First, the representative forgot to process the application. Second, the representative didn't explain any of the extras but just processed them. Third, the representative entered my address incorrectly, which meant there were delays in the fuel cards being delivered. I hope my experience was just a one-off, but it has been slightly annoying, therefore, I write this review.

Madison S.Smartleasing
Rach S.

Rach S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service & v organised. Thank you!

Great customer service & prompt reply to queries. Very clear & straightforward process but allow more time for settlement, as this was longer than banks.
Nil extra costs or surprises.
Loan rate also fine. Competitive w competition in the market.

New lease

Ash was very helpful and supplied all information to assist with my case and approval was quick
I was disappointed in the early pay out penalties which is a consideration as to why I chose not to proceed

Rod H

Rod HSydney, NSW

Great Customer Service

Every time I have called the 1300 number I have been greeted by a friendly member of staff who is only too happy to assist. A Pleasure to deal with.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

Perfect package

Great customer service. I called a few times during my loan and was always more than satisfied with the help I got.
I found the flexibility very helpful too. I needed to increase my yearly kms and found the process very easy.

Very helpful staff and flexible

Smartleasing offers a comprehensive no-fuss service for the purchase and salary packaging of my new car. While the products offered are not the most cost-effective options on the market with, high-interest rate from St George Bank and higher insurance from Vero, Smartleasing does allow for flexibility for me to source my own. The staff are very helpful and always clear and patient when answering questions.

Loan Start DateJune 2020
Nejat

NejatSydney, NSW

It's been a great experience so far

Smartleasing have been wonderful with their customer service. The only reason why I didn't give them 5 stars is because they need to be a bit more transparent with their additional costs such as lease protection insurance and other similar costs.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N Highline 162TSI

Very Happy

I have held a novated lease with Smartleasing for three years now. From the initial application until now I haven't had any issues with the company and any queries I've had with the policy have been answered by friendly staff. I chose to obtain my own insurance and roadside assist (better value for money) and this was easily accommodated.

Craig Andres

Craig AndresPerth, WA

Excellent allround

Very happy with fast efficient, very friendly and professional service
Always ready to help find best possible solution with very helpful staff.
Everything fully explained and all costs clearly presented and the whole process was a breeze

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 Altitude
David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor communication and sheer incompetence

Madison S.Smartleasing
Fabio Aldana

Fabio AldanaSydney, NSW

Professionalism

My enquiry was well handled and everything reported through their system which keeps you informed about the process. All documents have been provided electronically easing the process to fill and sign the forms. They take care about everything for you.

Tracey Scheitel

Tracey ScheitelSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

My inquiry was handled quickly and directly. Thank you for your great service over the years. I didn't experience any hidden costs. I was satisfied with my leasing arrangements, over my two leases.

Car ModelHolden Trax TJ LS

Slow and poor to non existent customer service

Sent an email enquiring about a novated lease with a contact number and email, didn't hear back for over a week and then get an email stating someone will contact me in 3 business day's... No contact for another week. Get txt msg today saying they could not contact me no missed calls at all and call them back and the number is blank. Msg signed off with three different names and clearly a proforma not filled in. If they can't get simple initial contact right not a chance in going further.

Very good customer service

My enquiry was handled exceptionally well by Chris and very happy with the service. Follow up emails to support the enquiry and changes that were made came through soon after.

Damien Daley

Damien DaleySydney, NSW

Smart leasing made it sooooooo easy.

From the moment I enquired about salary sacrificing a car smart leasing made it so easy. Initially i thought it was going to be a tedious task but smart leasing made it so easy.

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Car ModelNissan X-Trail T32.I ST
Melissa J P

Melissa J PVictoria

Love the car.

Smart salary has been very helpful. It is great that you can pretty much choose any car you want. I've been really happy with our Subaru Outback. It's a good deal with fuel and running costs included.

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Loan Start DateJanuary 2018
Car ModelSubaru Outback 3GEN

Simply...the best!

My consultant was clam, relaxed and very easy to speak with. He eased my anxiety regarding refinancing/releasing and offered me a number of options, when it becomes time to do so. He spoke honestly about the benefits of programs run by the company and where I could view further information. My consultant was very patient and extremely knowledgeable. I have been very satisfied with the quality of the service I have received.

Car ModelMini 5-Door Hatch
Happy

HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ceasing lease

I spoke to a customer service officer requesting an estimate of ceasing my lease early, he was polite and knowledgeable. I have had no unexpected extra cost of issues but I am interested to know why this company only has the Big (Shell, BP & Caltex) fuel company cards and no independent fuel company cards? On frequent occasions the fuel cost at an Independent is between 10-20c cheaper than the big fuel companies. I can not fault my satisfaction with Smartleasing.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Sedan) SP25

New to this!!

Firstly I would have to commend the incredibly friendly and helpful staff, they are very knowledgeable and guided me through everything smoothly. Being very new to all this and initially very hesitant, I was reassured time and time again, how easy it would be once I got used to the process and how it all works and so far everything has run smoothly and I am already saving money, which was the whole point of this to start with, so it’s a win for me. I would 100% tell all my friends to jump on this, the only downside, is I wish I had done it sooner.

D. Sydney

D. Sydneyasked

Can you please advise how long the current settlement time is. I signed an agreement with a delivery date of 31/3/20 and am still waiting, apparently on the bank.

No replies from my Settlement Manager since 1/4/20 and am currently ringing the Customer Service line everyday receiving the same answer, "we're waiting on the bank." No one can answer if my Settlement Manager is even chasing the lender up or at what stage of process it is at. Furthermore, the dealership is also ringing your company every second day regarding the extended delay.

I understand the unique environment currently, hence my patience, however surely you could at least give an estimate delivery date - this delay is costing me hugely as I'm requiring a hire car in the meantime for work.

Escalating to Fair Trading will be my next stop.

Lysandra S.Smartleasing

Hi there,

Thank you for your message and we sincerely apologise for the delay. Unfortunately due to business shutdown over COVID-19, our financier has limited capacity to process the settlements. However, we are working with the bank to resolve all the backlog as soon as possible.

We have sent you a private message, if you could please kindly send through your account details and we can investigate your settlement further.

Thank you kindly.

Laura L.

Laura L.asked

Has anyone found their lease package included 6 extra insurance products and services that were not fully disclosed? You would discover that the principal finance amount is around $6-7k more than the actual cost of the car. The principal financed amount is found deep in page 3 of the Lease Quote within the Terms and Conditions, and you may find it is more than you recall the car costing. If so, I'd be interested to hear about your experience. I have realised it has happened to our two current leases, 1 and 2 years old, but if you call now for a quote now (post Royal Commission?) that the same products are disclosed.

Get an answer from our members and Smartleasing representatives