Smartleasing

Verifiedsmartleasing.com.au
4.1

309 reviews · Statistics

80% · 24856 · 18%

Loan TypeFixed Rate (63), Variable Rate (10), Line of Credit (12) and Split (1)
Loan Term4.358 years
Application Process
See the Best Car Loans in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Helen G
Helen G

Definitely not smart. Don't waste your time

Not Smart. Slow.
It has been over 10 weeks and I am still waiting for a simple lease transfer to be processed. Initially, my application was delayed 27 days as I had sent the requested additional paperwork from my work email, and not my personal email. They did not match these two emails, despite the email topic containing my member and application numbers. So not 'smart'. After this was sorted, I was told it would be '2-3 days'. 15 days later, I emailed for an update. No response. I am now calling, and both times I have rung for an update was told it would be '2-3 days', over 19 days ago. Don't waste your time or give them your money
Kylie
KylieNSWSydney, NSW66 posts

Brian
BrianWAWheatbelt, WA5 posts

Ballooning monthly charges

Original quote was for $672 per fortnight, nearly three years later it has ballooned to $1172 per fortnight! The original projection for expenses allowed $412 for servicing pa, actual cost $1,000. Tyres $781 per year, on replacement requested extra funds to cover costs. Vero Insurance ( they push you this way) was $1500 now $2160 pa, on making a claim advised a $650 excess!
Be very careful folks, before committing to this company. I have had previous novated leases with other providers and never had any issues or excessive price rises. Show details
Anton C.
Anton C.

Limited Fuel purchase choice

This mob only allow the client limited fuel purchasing power from two of the most expensive outlets BP and SHELL or pay yourself anywhere else then submit a claim. You'd think they'd heard of Fleetcards which are accepted almost everywhere. Definetly need to change that in future.
marcus k.
marcus k.NSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Shocking turnaround time is unacceptable!

A process that normally takes one or two weeks, not so smartleasing takes months. It's been a month, yet the never-ending process is running with an UNDEFINED TIMEFRAME. Still no news on when the car is coming. A lack of competition and a monopoly business model may explain the lethargy and lack of 'sense of urgency'. If you have other options, do not hesitate to use them. After two months, byd claims the vehicle has arrived but smartleasing has not settled, however smartleasing claims byd has not advised that the vehicle will arrive as scheduled - 20 February. While the blame game continues, customercare@bydautomotive.com.au is not responding to my query on when the vehicle will be delivered.
Ripped of customer
Ripped of customerQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst decision of my life

Starting a new lease with Smart Leasing has been the worst decision, they can't get anything right and their customer service is the worst!

First off, I was quoted a price for my vehicle, since the start they have overcharged me by roughly $200 per fortnight. It's been 2 months and they still haven't sorted it out, including no refund for the overcharging.

Secondly, customer service, I don't know how many emails and calls with the assurance that it'll be sorted but still nothing, still being overcharged.

I wish I had never signed with them, they are completely hopeless at what is their bread and butter.

My advice is to stay away and either lease from another provider or direct from the vehicle manufacturer! Show details

Troy
TroyWAGoldfields, WA2 posts

Easy transition

I was recommended this company for my new car. I’m glad I chose smart salary very professional and gave 100% to my needs. Show details
NICK
NICKQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Really poor service-wished I could choose Remserv

I have had 4 leases with Smartleasing and the last two this year have been dreadful. Significant problems and poor advice on both occasions.
This last time has resulted in a failed payment from them (or BoQ who are the financial company) to St George. If it wasn't for St. George's understanding and kindness would have negatively impacted my credit rating. To resolve this issue has caused considerable effort and time on my part and they really do not care.
I wished I could have gone with Remserv and do not recommend anyone to use Smartleasing
Dave
Dave

Great product and service

I’ve had a car on a lease for the last five years, and the lease is about to expire. Smart Leasing have been very good about the next steps, whether to renew the lease or get another car. Nothing has been too much trouble, even in the busy lead up to Christmas. Thank you. Show details
Tracey A.
Tracey A.3 posts

Shannon
ShannonVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tim
Tim3 posts

Great car buying service

Thanks Ravi and Clarry for sourcing and negotiating for my new MG4. It was a bit painful in getting hold of one - I m glad to have Smartleasing do the haggling and follow up for me
Dee
DeeNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Terrible customer service, find another leasing company

Customer service is terrible. You're lucky to get 1 out of every 3-4 phone calls returned. Emails aren't responded to and the car dealership is even ignored.
You will need to constantly contact them and chase information if there are any delays.
Car pick up was scheduled 27 Oct and 1 week after the date and still no information about payment to the dealer or what is happening. I won't be using them again, definitely don't recommend and am looking for other options now to try and get this sorted so I don't lose my deposit I put down on the car.
Lloyd
LloydNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Worst novated lease company i've ever dealt with

Third novated leasing company I've used and easily the worst. Stay far away Show details
The Happy Honda
The Happy Honda2 posts

Life in the Fast Lane

Super easy process. No stress involved. Each team member I have spoken with throughout my time with Smartleasing has been polite, professional and knowledgeable. Show details

jason c.
jason c.

How to make claim for smartleasing

U.Monaghan
U.Monaghan

Could you please employ more people to answer the phone? Every time bar one have I been told that you are "currently experiencing longer than expected wait times" which often exceeds 30 minutes. Your website does not give the information I require and my time is just as valuable as yours.

Polly H.

Yes salary sacrifice and tax deduction sound great! But have you compared it to the cost of taking a loan from the bank? Smart leasing charges a much higher interest rate compared to other car loans. Depending on the car you purchase, you might end up paying more for the car. I just did my calculation. For the car I want to get, I would end up paying almost 5000 dollars more via smart leasing than going through a bank car loan over five 5 years! Their quote is deceiving as it only tells you how much tax you would save if you pay the amount you pay them, but does not compare to the amount you would pay by taking a bank loan. So make sure you do your math before you sign up!

Polly H.

Also, quite a few of my colleagues concluded the same. It's not worth it. Maybe because my office doesn't deduct the entire amount of the car and running cost, but only a partial one. Still do your math before signing up!

Contact info for Smartleasing