Smeg PSA906-4

Smeg PSA906-4

MPN: 35903049

Amazing!

What a great cooktop! Most of all it look amazing! If you are cooking for a lot of people then this is the way to go. Very amazed how fast you can Cooke things with that. No more waste of time with electric cooktop. Perfect if you don’t have much time to be in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

The first cook top I can't clean

We have moved into our new house 8 months ago, and purchased all SMEG appliances, as they were highly recommended. I have no issues with dishwasher oven and rangehood but the stove top is an absolute disaster. It functions properly and stainless steel is easy to clean, but everything else - the cast iron rings around the burners as well as the burners themselves look shocking. This has started pretty much as soon as we started using but I kept thinking i don't know how to clean it properly. Since then I have bought every single suitable product for cast iron etc but nothing has cleaned it. My stove top looks as it's 5 years old, I am embarrassed of it. Hope that someone can help.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Dear Maja, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Shocking cook top

I burnt my finger the cook top handle melted it's still brand new only 1 week old the brown marks won't clean I'm very dissatisfied with the quality and will be contacting them on Monday my finger is throbbing and have a melted knob Westinghouse all the way I regret getting smeg

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dear Rubi, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your contact details and also your address. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

SO easy to clean

I chose this cooktop with great care because they can look awful really quickly if they are not kept clean and I hate cleaning. This cooktop is SO easy to keep clean. The top is dipped around the burners but it is all one piece so spills stay where they spill and there are no awkward corners for the dirt to get caught. When reading reviews of this cooktop I was a bit concerned about the comments regarding the aluminium skirts around the burners being difficult to clean but this was still the cooktop which looked like it would suit me best so I bought it anyway. Some people said the aluminium skirts went black in the dishwasher so I didnt do that. I bought a cheap box of wire wool pads and I scour them in a circular motion and they still look as good as new 6 months after buying them. I get away with the very fine scratches because they are in a uniform direction and the cooktop is brushed steel anyway so it has that look. The skirts take seconds to clean because the wire wool takes off all the burnt food like butter. The wok burner is hot enough to stir-fry although I am no expert on that front. I am really, really pleased with this cooktop.

I love this cooktop!

I've had this cooktop for about 2 years and I could not recommend it highly enough. I cook casseroles for hours on lovely low low heat and the double wok burner is just fantastic for stir fry cooking or just for big stock pots! It's very easy to clean the stainless steel with just warm water on a sponge. Every now and then I take the jets apart and scrub them with a steel pad to get the marks off. I'm now moving house and planning on replacing the stove at my new place with one of these. Can't live without it!

Cooking at its easiest and most versatile

I bought this about 2 years ago. The wok burner is very versatile with two separate burners. The smallest wok burner can also be used for slow cooking at the lowest setting. I bought this also as the two large elements at the rear are in my opinion added safety against children reaching up and pulling down large items. The front smaller elements are mainly for quick heating or small items anyway. The knobs at the front are also useful and added safety to prevent things from being pulled off. You can also place large trays on front two or back two burners for cooking large items when the need arises.

I have had no issues with regulating temperature. Very easy.

I went to the SMEG showroom post-purchase free info and cooking class and they gave some hints and tips for cleaning.

If anything, the stainless just needs a quick wipe down. I agree with the previous post that the ring quickly becomes ugly from fat and other food burning onto them. Initially I cleaned meticulously with scourers which brought back the original condition. However after a while the brown stayed.

SMEG said not to get someone out to clean them from a cleaning company as they often come and blast them which takes off the shine and they turn black. SMEG also said that some people buy second ring sets as displays for when guests come - however that sounds expensive. The other option they recommended which I have tried on two of the rings so far is going to an auto store and putting Autosol Metal Polish on them. I though this would be an easy process but took some time. However, completely clean. Initially the cleaned rings were a very slight shade darker than the 3 original ones (my controls). After a short time they looked the same again. Not sure if this is oxidisation related. Make sure you polish in the direction of the grain/lines of metal!

Overall extremely happy with this product. No issues at all and very versatile.

I was very disappointed.

The salesman at the shop said it was very easy to clean. That is definitely not the case! I have had my cooktop for less than 3 months and the silver circles around the burners are so marked. The stainless stel also has brown marks on it.The temperature is also very hard to regulate as it appears to only have low or full on high.I wish I had bought the Miele!!!!
The large wok burner is good.
Silver circles will not get clean. Hard to regulate heat.

How should we clean the smog cooktop? The steel skirting around the black disc especially which has hot brown stains. When my husband sprayed the Bam on it..it lost the shine and the stains didnt come off

Hello! My Smeg stainless steel cook top has been cleaned with a scourer and thus is very scratched now. Is there any way we can remove the scratches? If i contain Smeg distributor in my country, will they be able to provide me with a solution or work it out for me? Thanks
Dear Remi, I would say that you would need to replace the actual top of the appliance as you would not be able to remove the scratches, therefore you should contact your local Smeg office.

I have a smeg cs9 gmxa gas stove just installed with 6 gas burners on top. With electric oven. When I turn on more than 2 gas jet s the flames reduce in the ones turned on. What's going on ??? I cannot seem to effectively heat more than 2 saucepan at one time. I thought I could use all 6 at once ??? Is this a gas plumber installation cause ? Ps. Using bottled gas . Also sometimes one of the jets flames makes a crackling sound until it settles ?
Hi Gary, Sounds like the gas pipe behind the cooker has been kinked. Please contact your plumber. Regards, Smeg Tech Support.

PSA906-4