Smeg PSA906-4

3.4

Ingrid P

Ingrid POrange

Amazing!

What a great cooktop! Most of all it look amazing! If you are cooking for a lot of people then this is the way to go. Very amazed how fast you can Cooke things with that. No more waste of time with electric cooktop. Perfect if you don’t have much time to be in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Maja

MajaMelbourne

The first cook top I can't clean

We have moved into our new house 8 months ago, and purchased all SMEG appliances, as they were highly recommended. I have no issues with dishwasher oven and rangehood but the stove top is an absolute disaster. It functions properly and stainless steel is easy to clean, but everything else - the cast iron rings around the burners as well as the burners themselves look shocking. This has started pretty much as soon as we started using but I kept thinking i don't know how to clean it properly. Since then I have bought every single suitable product for cast iron etc but nothing has cleaned it. My stove top looks as it's 5 years old, I am embarrassed of it. Hope that someone can help.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Steve C.Smeg

Shocking cook top

I burnt my finger the cook top handle melted it's still brand new only 1 week old the brown marks won't clean I'm very dissatisfied with the quality and will be contacting them on Monday my finger is throbbing and have a melted knob Westinghouse all the way I regret getting smeg

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

SO easy to clean

Annette09

Annette09South East Queensland, QLD

I love this cooktop!

I've had this cooktop for about 2 years and I could not recommend it highly enough. I cook casseroles for hours on lovely low low heat and the double wok burner is just fantastic for stir fry cooking or just for big stock pots! It's very easy to clean the stainless steel with just warm water on a sponge. Every now and then I take the jets apart and scrub them with a steel pad to get the marks off. I'm now moving house and planning on replacing the stove at my new place with one of these. Can't live without it!

member0101

member0101

• Selected Review

Cooking at its easiest and most versatile

Lee35

Lee35Western District, VIC

I was very disappointed.

The salesman at the shop said it was very easy to clean. That is definitely not the case! I have had my cooktop for less than 3 months and the silver circles around the burners are so marked. The stainless stel also has brown marks on it.The temperature is also very hard to regulate as it appears to only have low or full on high.I wish I had bought the Miele!!!!
The large wok burner is good.
Silver circles will not get clean. Hard to regulate heat.

Roxanne B

Roxanne Basked

I have my smog gas cooktop for 1 mth. The skirts stained quite quickly so I soaked them in dishwashing liquid and hot water. Now they are completely black. What has happened? I am so upset, I thought stainless steel was a hardy material. Maybe the quality isn't that good?

John

Johnasked

I have a Smeg 60cm gas cooktop and am having trouble igniting some of the gas jets - how can I clean the gas jets so they work efficiently?

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear John,
Thanks for your enquiry. Please contact our technical team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards

Lorraine Gibson

Lorraine Gibsonasked

I purchased a Smeg ‘gas on glass’ for our new kitchen which we had installed in March. From day one the steel skirts below the burners have proved extremely difficult to clean. They seem to get brown spots/ marks even when there has been no obvious spillage. I have tried wiping the rings while still warm but this doesn’t seem to work. I have bought a non scratch ‘scourer’ and can stand for a full few minutes on each steel skirt trying to get these tiny brown spots off. I’m extremely disappointed. I love my new Victoria oven but feel that second rate steel must be used in the stove rings. Smeg used to mean quality. Has anyone found a solution ?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryGas Cooktops