3Smeg ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)
Part of Smeg ECF01 3.7

Smeg ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)

VerifiedMPNs:18696 and ECF01PBAU
3Smeg ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)
3.6

3.2

Lucy
Lucy2 posts

Not great

Does espresso shot nicely but if you want good milk, look elsewhere.
The milk wand attachment is so wide that it's impossible to froth milk properly. It lets in too much air, giving you lukewarm, frothy milk every time. I really wanted to love this (since the machine itself looks so pretty!) But sadly it just isn't it.
di
diSydney, NSW18 posts
  ECF01PBAU

Whats the lifespan of a Blue Smeg?

I have been very happy with my blue machine and the coffee it produces. I am the only coffee drinker in the house so it only gets used each morning. Lately I,ve found the filter baskets blocking up so changed to the spare single one, the pump also seems to be not pumping as well as it used to. Is there anything I can do to make it flow fast again.? Show details
SeaPin
SeaPinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC23 posts
Smeg fail
Smeg failSydney, NSW

Very very disappointed

I have this morning donated my new machine to an op shop for free. Nespresso makes 10 coffees in a row with no problem. This can only make one coffee at a time before overheating. The manual says the frother cannot be used for more than 60 seconds. The frother is so slow and ineffective that it takes more than 60 seconds. Then the machine overheats after one cup. The frother stem is too short and too close to the machine. A particular type of container has to be found to make it work. Show details
Peta & Paul E.
Peta & Paul E.Murray Region, NSW

Very good

I have really enjoyed this machine. It is super compact and easy to use. I agree that coffee doesn't come out blisteringly hot but it shouldn't be that hot anyway, otherwise, you burn the coffee. Only hang-up with it is that you can't do too many cups in a run without having to give it a cool down break. So works great for 1-2 people, can cope with 3-4 but no more than that. It has proven to be reliable after nearly 2 years use - one of the coffee baskets refused to work after a while but nothing else of note. I have never cleaned it that much and found that coffee continues to taste great (and I can be fussy). Show details
Tracey king
Tracey kingSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
  ECF01PBAU

Power switch got stuck and still stuck with no reply from appliances online

onlinevery unsatisfied
Contacted by email explaining what had gone wrong with machine, still no reply at all and switch still stuck and needs to be turned on by power point switch don't work Show details
Megan
MeganSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Absolutely worth it

Had it for 1 year and absolutely love it. Use it 2-3 times a day at least in our household. No issues with it, still looks brand new and no colour fading. The machine makes really good coffee! It’s always consistent and the temperature is always perfect. Could not be happier with it! Cant recommend enough! Show details
Ochre B.
Ochre B.Canberra Central 2601, ACT
  ECF01PBAU

Loved this machine! Delicious coffee but unfortunately it’s stopped working

I love my SMEG machine but unfortunately it’s stopped working. When the coffee button is pressed it powers on then seems to trail off and nothing comes out. Quite disappointed! Show details ·  1
Sandra
SandraSydney, NSW9 posts

Love my new Smeg Coffee Machine

Great colours and ease of use and looks good. I had another brand which use to leave the coffee weak but this machine brews a beautiful ground coffee. Easy to clean with just a wipe down. Wouldn't trade it for another machine. Not cheap but well worth it. Show details
Rita
Rita

Love it

This is a great looking, easy to use and easy to clean machine. The coffee tastes great, consistent time after time. I have had my machine for several months now and I look forward to every coffee. I prefer the coffees I make at home to most coffee shop coffees now.

AvrilO
AvrilO3 posts

Cannot live without

This is by far the best coffee machine. It is easy to set - up, easy to use, easy to clean and in general perfect. Its an excellent addition to any family . Love the range of colours it comes in. Would love if it had a larger water tank. Heast coffee to a good temp and also the milk.

Susan
SusanSydney Surrounds, NSW8 posts

Like a pro

Well this item in our kitchen is a focal point. Many colours to choose from. From the work go you have many choices of different coffee selections programs to choose from. Again not a cheap product, but you will not be disappointed. The milk steam and froffer is so powerful and the machine is so easy to clean. Looks smike in your kitchen.

Show details ·  1

fangarang
fangarang52 posts
  ECF01PBAU

Excellent so far - no frills just basic but works

We bought this after a bad experience with a much more expensive and complicated machine. Its been great so far. Basic with no frills but works which is exactly what we wanted. You have to make sure not to fill the coffee filter baskets too much or they won't click in so we don't use the one cup one as it isn't big enough for the amount of coffee you need for a mug. Changing settings is a bit of a pain due to only having the 3 buttons to work with. Its easy to clean, looks cool, doesn't take up too much room, heats up quickly and if it lasts we'll be super happy with it.

Leigh
LeighGold Coast44 posts
Barista ben
Barista benSydney, NSW2 posts

Overpriced

For the price of this machine you are better off spending the extra $$ and get one that takes beans. The pale blue colour gets dirty and stains easily and is a pain to clean. Avoid this if possible thank you for taking the time to read my review peace out.

CSheils
CSheils · ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)

Hi Smeg
I've had my Smeg espresso machine for almost 2 years now. We're using the same coffee grounds since we bought it (we know the place that sells it and they supply the right ground) - I always descale it when the lights flash etc.
Recently, however, when making coffee on either sized filter, the water is spewing out over the top of the ground holder. No matter what I've tried (less grounds etc.) nothing is working. Can anyone advise.

Goda D.
Goda D.

Did you manage to find the answer? We have same problem :(

John D.
John D. · ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)

We got our little Smeg a week now, and the on/off button is stuck. It is in by about half a centimetre, and firmly stuck. Any ideas on how to get it loose without voiding the warranty?

Sue O
Sue O · ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue)

Hi Smeg people and users - My Sunbeam has just died and I'm looking for a replacement. The Smeg ECF01PBAU looks good but do you have to wait between making coffees for the machine to cool down (I have seen this in one review)? This would be very inconvenient as I make 4 cups at a time for household members. Is there a long wait for it to cool? Cheers, Sue

thank you yes. S

Compare all Smeg ECF01 listings
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $549$549$549$549
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar15 bar
Input Power1,350 W1,350 W1,350 W1,350 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNoNo
Water Tank Capacity1 L1 L1 L1 L
Dimensions 303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm
Weight4.7 kg4.7 kg4.7 kg4.7 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishPale BlueCreamBlackRed