Simon

SimonSydney, NSW

Doesn't work. Disappointing

Just purchased this machine and was looking forward to making my first coffee. 30 minutes later, no luck. Coffee either doesn't come out at all or just drips really slowly. I either have a dud or the quality of these machines doesn't live up to the hype. Will be seeking a refund or replacement this morning.

Purchased in November 2019 at David Jones for $379.00.

ROKU

ROKUWestern Australia

Same as others out there !

Nothing special with this unit and like many others after a time the coffee starts to taste plain and even after regular cleaned, that you MUST do every few weeks, the taste just drops off. Coffee not hot enough either.

Purchased in January 2019 for $249.00.

Noise Level
aldo08

aldo08Sydney, NSW

Smeg at its absolute best!

Its is so simple to use. It works flawlessly every time. And the coffee is perfect and delicious every time. Have I mentioned how beautiful it looks? It is Italian design at its best.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Katrina

KatrinaMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Dont waste your money

Disappointing Smeg, this machine is made of plastic, it is annoying to clean with small groves everywhere. You can not use the frother without going through whole process of making a coffee which is annoying if making hot chocolates at same time as a coffee. You have to switch machine off and start again each coffee. The frother is short and makes it awkward to hold jug. There are superior products out there for similar price. This machine actually takes away any enjoyment from my morning coffee

Purchased in August 2018 at Peter's of Kensington.

GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Coffee Grinder

Dear Katrina,
Thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss these problems? Could you please contact our customer service team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be more than happy to assist you

Smeg fanCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't live without it!!

I have now purchased the 1950's style blender, mixmaster, 4 slice toaster, kettle and of course the coffee machine. We purchase merlo coffee online but for some reason it no longer pumps the coffee through. I have even tried soaking the filters in straight descaling solution and also tried vinegar. I've have only had it about 12 months and it's driving me insane as we no longer drink instant coffee.. I'd like to think they last longer than a year!!

Purchased at David Jones Online Store.

Hi Smeg fan,
Thank you for your feedback. We recommend trying a slightly coarser grind and see if you have success. If you are still experiencing issues, please email us at service@smeg.com.au and mark it to the attention of Lesley.

Smeg fan

Omg thankyou Smeg!! My coffee machine works with the larger coffee grind.. Now saving for the fridge.. 5 stars all round from one very happy customer

The milk frother...

I love the look of the machine but after a few uses I wanted to throw it at a wall. The milk frother as is is impossible to get a good milk consistency. It bubbles up and overflows in seconds. After a few days I realised you could take the metal piece off and just have the silicone steam wand. That made ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I could get a decent swirl going and much silkier milk.

My advice; throw out that piece of steel crap if you value decently textured milk. After that I loved the machine.

Purchased in August 2019.

Ochre B.

Ochre B.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Loved this machine! Delicious coffee but unfortunately it’s stopped working.

I love my SMEG machine but unfortunately it’s stopped working. When the coffee button is pressed it powers on then seems to trail off and nothing comes out. Quite disappointed!

Purchased in October 2017.

Product is used: Several times a week
Lesley R.Smeg

Milk frother appears not to work

It appears that we may have to return our machine. Every time we try to froth milk, steam comes out but then hot water spurts our intermittently, this means we end up with horrible watery coffee every time. No pattern to this it just has a mind of its own.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you for your review. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact number? We will then contact you to discuss this matter. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au Kind Regards, Smeg Australia

Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love this machine

The crema! So quick! So beautiful!
I have even stopped buying cafe coffee. The quality is consistent and the perfect temperature. I am surprised at the quality of the milk frother for such a small machine.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $399.00.

Hi Tracey,
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy that you're enjoying using our coffee machine.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Love my new Smeg Coffee Machine.

Great colours and ease of use and looks good. I had another brand which use to leave the coffee weak but this machine brews a beautiful ground coffee. Easy to clean with just a wipe down. Wouldn't trade it for another machine. Not cheap but well worth it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $499.00.

Joey B

Joey BPerth

Good machine - poor SMEG service

I’m a big fan of the machine, I think it makes excellent coffee time and time again. I have a decent non-SMEG grinder though so that probably helps. I agree with some of the comments about the milk steamer but I don’t think that’s a huge issue.

I am totally unimpressed with the SMEG promotions system though. I purchased my machine with the promise of a free milk jug and knock box. It’s now been 2 months and it hasn’t been delivered. In this day and age I don’t think that’s acceptable.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Holly

Holly

Great coffee with limitations

Date PurchasedJun 2018

average

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love it

This is a great looking, easy to use and easy to clean machine. The coffee tastes great, consistent time after time. I have had my machine for several months now and I look forward to every coffee. I prefer the coffees I make at home to most coffee shop coffees now.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Surprised!

After researching coffe machines, I decided on a Smeg. I have never previously had a coffee machine, and needed one that was uncomplicated/easy clean. Being a novice it took a little while to familiarise myself with the process of making coffee. I am not disappointed with the coffee. It is wonderful! The temp, quality etc. I love it! The only thing I found a bit difficult was the instruction manual (being a novice) it took me a while to figure it out. I also need to purchase descaler and so far have been unsuccessful. ? LOVE this machine!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hi Dee,
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your Smeg coffee machine. You should be able to get the descaler from the supermarket or Bunnings. We recommend one by Hillmark.

Time poor? Love coffee?

For nearly a year our SMEG espresso machine has provided consistently excellent morning (and afternoon) coffee
-Fast boil
-Easy use
-Easy clean
-Small and elegant
-Robust
-can handle cups to mugs

We'd highly recommend for time poor parents with full time jobs. The SMEG will help you start your day with a smile.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rodney M.Smeg

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad you're happy with your coffee machine.

HelenCFar North Queensland, QLD

Enjoyable to use everyday and more economical.

Bought my beautiful Smeg Retro style coffee machine about one month ago and simply love using it every day - 3 times a day.
I enjoy good coffee at a fraction of the cost of my previous well known brand coffee machine.
So easy, quick to use and clean I wouldn't go back to the other machine I have.
The black is beautiful and suits my kitchen but love the look of the red as well.
Not a lot of info on how to use but all I can say is don't over think it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
HelenC

Thank you for your message most reassuring to have a "helpline" if I need it.

HelenC

Still loving my Smeg coffee machine but after descaling 3 times the light will not go out :(.
Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

Banksie44

Banksie44

This machine suits me perfectly, it is neat & compact, gorgeous retro styling but most of all makes

Very satisfied with the quality of coffee which is consistent, also temperature is exactly how it should be & milk frothing easy with great silky texture. Also love the retro design, very neat, doesn't take up too much bench space & very easy to clean. Overall a great little machine that is compact & reliable to produce delicious coffee.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

AvrilO

AvrilO

Cannot live without

This is by far the best coffee machine. It is easy to set - up, easy to use, easy to clean and in general perfect. Its an excellent addition to any family . Love the range of colours it comes in. Would love if it had a larger water tank. Heast coffee to a good temp and also the milk.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

assilem1

assilem1Vic, 3214

Love it!!

Love this. Purchased the smeg after my sunbeam got a bit long in the tooth. I love the fact it can be programmed. It’s a bit difficult at first to program but once you get the hang of it it’s great.

My only gripe with this machine is the milk frothed is a bit short. Other than that it’s great. Oh and the freebie pack by redemption was a nice surprise

Date PurchasedMay 2018