Smeg ECF01

• Milk Frothing

Hannah

HannahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible machine - danger hazard

Purchases this machine in April 2020. Contacted smeg in June and spoke with a Tom or Steve to complain about the milk frother not heating the milk up properly. He said he would get back to me, send me a video of how to heat the milk up which wasn’t required because I am aware of how to do this. I told him it still wasn’t working and then I never heard back from him. I emailed them a couple of times after that and never heard back. Now my machine is making weird electrical sounds and I have been too scared to use it. Clearly a waste of money.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

Product is used Rarely

Dear Hannah,
Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.

Zoe

Burnt Coffee..(Machine And Pocket)!

Purchased what was meant to be a new,full priced Smeg coffee machine from TVSN and received a refurbished model !!..that also had a factory fault where it would not make a second coffee without switching off the entire machine at the wall! I complained to Smeg directly after TVSN lied to me in trying to justify this deceit of sending a refurbished item. Smeg replaced it with yet another machine that carried the same factory function fault. Don't let Smeg tell you that you are not using the machine correctly,this is a classic damage control tactic they use to deflect! (I have only been a barista for 20 odd years) Smeg coffee machine is rubbish and i paid over$650 for it! I would never buy from either Smeg or TVSN again.

Purchased for A$650.00.

DanSydney, NSW

Not the experience I was expecting

Purchased in August 2020 at qantas for A$499.00.

Dan

I forgot to mention that standard mugs/ coffee cups don't fit under the portafilter and the machine doesn't come with milk jug...

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Smeg ECF01 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Samantha C.

Samantha C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Once you get the hang of it, its great!

Purchased in July 2020 at David Jones for A$420.00.

Joel

Joel

Great long lasting little machine that maintains pressure and performance over the years

I really wanted to buy $5000 machine from one of the Italian premium brands but could never justify that cost for my home machine. After some research, I picked up the Smeg coffee machine along with some other matching appliances (kettle and toaster) a few years ago for a fraction of the price. It has been a brilliant low maintenance machine that makes a fantastic coffee. The machine is my home cafe now during covid and it performs incredibly well.

Purchased in November 2018.

GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Coffee Grinder
Tina Miller

Tina MillerSydney, NSW

Best little compact coffee machine

Beautiful looking coffee machine and very simple to use.LOVE IT.I was after a machine to make my kitchen pop in that corner and a statement piece and this just looks so nice.Yes it was expensive compared to other brands but I wanted a brand name I trust and just love the look of it.

Purchased in April 2020.

viki

viki

FINALLY HAD THIS ONE

SMEG, super beautiful products. but the price is higher, otherwise, we'd like to purchase the fridge.

Was on sale. price match with the store, cause online is cheaper.

Sadly the blue one was running out.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$399.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week
GrinderBreville Coffee & Spice BCG200

Anna Leontieva

Anna LeontievaSydney, NSW

I finally got it

I am really struggling with the right coffee grind. I know you are recommending Victoria oro grind but it’s not easy to achieve.
If I purchased Smeg grinder what would be the right number grind on it?
What discaler is better to use?

Not worth the effort

The water holder was cracked and they taped it The milk frother does not get milk warm . You have to turn off and on between Cups. No go for me

Purchased in May 2020 at William Sonoma for A$4.99.

Tracey king

Tracey kingSydney Surrounds, NSW

Power switch got stuck and still stuck with no reply from appliances online

onlinevery unsatisfied
Contacted by email explaining what had gone wrong with machine, still no reply at all and switch still stuck and needs to be turned on by power point switch don't work

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$427.00.

Product is used Weekly
Steve C.Smeg
Megan

MeganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely worth it

Had it for 1 year and absolutely love it. Use it 2-3 times a day at least in our household. No issues with it, still looks brand new and no colour fading. The machine makes really good coffee! It’s always consistent and the temperature is always perfect. Could not be happier with it! Cant recommend enough!

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones for A$280.00.

Candice v.

Candice v.The Mallee, VIC

expensive paper weight

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$499.00.

Ken Farmer

Ken FarmerPerth, WA

Bad decision I made. Do nor buy this.

Confusing to operate. Buttons flashing. Difficult to make multiple serves. Steam wand is too short. Too much froth. Had a Breville and Sunbeam over the years and both of them were much better. Platform for the cups is too small, even espresso cups barely fit. The only thing going for it is it looks nice. A good decoration with poor performance.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$460.00.

Rodney M.Smeg

Don't buy one. It will last forever because I prefer to have instant than deal with the temperamental design.

Have to turn it of and on between functions. Takes up to 20 min to make 1 coffee. Doesn't blow through the coffee unless it's really lose, the wand is to short. Can't seem to warm it up prior, so often pumps hot water everywhere. Completely ignors push button requests. All buttons dumbly fash so you don't even know if pushing the button has worked. Seriously I've had 3 $100 sspecials all heaps better and all got heaps of use.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$500.00.

Kate S.

Kate S.

This is THE best compact manual coffee machine I have ever had.

One year on and it still produces the best coffee! Simple to use, easy to clean.
Only needs descaling when the lights start flashing.
Combine it with decent coffee beans and you will no longer go out for coffee, ever.

Thank you SMEG!

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Melissa

MelissaMelbourne

Love my machine!

Love my Smeg coffee machine. It is needing to be descaled more often as it gets older, but we have had it for over 3 years now. So simply to use and looks great on the bench. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2017.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your review. We're glad you're enjoying your coffee machine.

ROKU

ROKUWestern Australia

Same as others out there !

Nothing special with this unit and like many others after a time the coffee starts to taste plain and even after regular cleaned, that you MUST do every few weeks, the taste just drops off. Coffee not hot enough either.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$249.00.

aldo08

aldo08Sydney, NSW

Smeg at its absolute best!

Its is so simple to use. It works flawlessly every time. And the coffee is perfect and delicious every time. Have I mentioned how beautiful it looks? It is Italian design at its best.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online.

Katrina

KatrinaMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Dont waste your money

Disappointing Smeg, this machine is made of plastic, it is annoying to clean with small groves everywhere. You can not use the frother without going through whole process of making a coffee which is annoying if making hot chocolates at same time as a coffee. You have to switch machine off and start again each coffee. The frother is short and makes it awkward to hold jug. There are superior products out there for similar price. This machine actually takes away any enjoyment from my morning coffee

Purchased in August 2018 at Peter's of Kensington.

GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Coffee Grinder

Dear Katrina,
Thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss these problems? Could you please contact our customer service team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be more than happy to assist you

Smeg fanCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't live without it!!

I have now purchased the 1950's style blender, mixmaster, 4 slice toaster, kettle and of course the coffee machine. We purchase merlo coffee online but for some reason it no longer pumps the coffee through. I have even tried soaking the filters in straight descaling solution and also tried vinegar. I've have only had it about 12 months and it's driving me insane as we no longer drink instant coffee.. I'd like to think they last longer than a year!!

Purchased at David Jones Online Store.

Hi Smeg fan,
Thank you for your feedback. We recommend trying a slightly coarser grind and see if you have success. If you are still experiencing issues, please email us at service@smeg.com.au and mark it to the attention of Lesley.

Smeg fan

Omg thankyou Smeg!! My coffee machine works with the larger coffee grind.. Now saving for the fridge.. 5 stars all round from one very happy customer