Smeg FQ60XPA

Smeg FQ60XPA

MPN: FQ60XPA

Kitchen

KitchenSydney

It had a problem, but Smeg customer service is great

We were very happy with our fridge right up to the point when it failed - on Christmas Eve. However, Smeg had a serviceman out on December 27. He was unable to see what the issue might be, and shortly after Smeg contacted me to say that they would be replacing the fridge with a new one. My fridge was just over three years old, so out of warranty. New one seems fine, and I can't fault Smeg customer service.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

MareeMyrtle Bank

Two lemons in a row - never again will I buy a SMEG product.....

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Lesley R.Smeg
Anna

AnnaPort Macquarie

Bottom right freezer melt down

Found the bottom right freezer had stopped working altogether. Have noticed the top of the door had become very hot the last few days. Everything defrosted no coldness at all. After emptying it out, not that there was a lot in it, it seems to have come good. See how it goes with food in it. Out of warrantee of course.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Chris W

Chris WSydney

Outstanding!

I searched high and low for a French door refrigerator but most freezer compartments came as drawers. I finally discovered this Smeg 4 door and it is brilliant. There is so much room and the ability to easily and quickly turn one half of the freezer into a fridge has been incredibly useful. I love that I can open some of the fruit/vegetable drawers without having to open both doors and that I can easily adjust the shelves for my needs. The stainless steel does not show fingerprints, it is easy to clean and looks gorgeous. We bought it from Winnings in Artarmon and they gave us a great deal on this fridge.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Phil

PhilPerth

Expensive disappointment

The bottom right door (freezer) is reluctant to shut properly unless it is firmly pressed into place. Every other fridge/freezer door I’ve ever owned (in fact even the other three of this fridge) have all closed with a shove.
With this one, it either stops short or bounces back open, leaving it slightly (unnoticeably) ajar and eventually defrosting everything inside that section.

Smeg’s service man advised that this is the design of the door and there is nothing they can do about it.

May not sound like much, but it is infuriating and I would strongly urge you to reconsider buying this fridge if it’s on your radar.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Denise

Denise

Great concept

worked well and then we noticed a high pitch buzzing when motor switched on. rang Smeg service agent who we had dealt with for our other appliances and they fixed a faulty condenser switch. Was out of warranty but they covered the cost. I like that you can utilize the right hand bottom freezer to a fridge which works for our family. It can be a bit noisy when the house is quiet. As a few reviewers have mentioned the plastic used for the drawers and fittings is quite flimsy and we have had edges and rollers snap off in the fridge and freezer spaces.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Tay

TayAU

Serious Design Flaw

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Rodney M.Smeg

One of the best

I bought this fridge over 5 months ago and so far has no issue. Running quite. energy efficiency , looks good on my kitchen, good design from smeg. I like the inside where there is plenty of room. Expensive but money well spend . Easy to clean and plenty of tries.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
artist30

artist30perth

good so far

fridge is mostly quiet but sometimesyou hear it. the only real downside is the same for all fridges these days it seems as evert one i know with a new fridge has the same problem. the plastic used in the freezer and door shelving is brittle and cracks easy. im quite a careful person but my freezer already is missing the front to a drawer because it shattered when i pulled the drawer out

Date PurchasedApr 2016
julian

julianSydney, NSW

Great fridge and very flexible

Bought the Smeg 4 door fridge as a great fit with our new kitchen. In place now for over 12 months and couldn't be happier. Works really well and the flexibility with the second side of the freezer (you can alter temp and make it a fridge instead) is great.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Olivia A.Smeg

Thanks for sharing, Julian, and Happy New Year to you!

Daisy

Daisy

So far so good!

We've had this fridge about six weeks now, and we REALLY like it. It's set out really well, nice deep shelves and after having a fridge with a drawer at the bottom, the doors on the SMEG are much better. It doesn't have a water dispenser or automatic ice maker, but that's OK for me...just another thing that might break down. I love the simplicity of the design.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great fridge, lots of space. Versatile.

Kay

KaySydney

Great in Looks and Performance

Reviews can helpMelbourne

Awesome Fridge Freezer

Smeg-The best

one of the best fridge available in the market. Giving option to convernt freezer to fridge.Low kw usage per year. great design. great fridger door so with many comparements and drawers rather than regular pull on drawers without different comparatment with other fridges. Most recommended fridge. Nice lighiting inside. highly recommended
conversion for freezer to fridge and low kw per year including design
none

FOXA777
FOXA777

Low kw usage per year, LOL?

Carmen H.asked

Our Fq60xpa fridge is making lots of noise. Is it because of the voltage that someone mentioned previously. We live in Australia

Maree

Smeg contacted me and sent out service person and he adjusted something at the back and it has been excellent ever since.

Thanks Maree

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Carmen, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Kellee A.

Kellee A.asked

What does a red exclamation mark mean on temperature control panel

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Kellee, thank you for your enquiry. The read exclamation mark on the control panel means you need a service call. Can you please contact us direct, or email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number so that we can organise this. Our email is service@smeg.com.au our telephone number is 02 8667 4833. Kind Regards, Lesley.

Chan Russ

Chan Russasked

Hi, we have the FQ60XPA 4 door fridge/freezer. Unfortunately we've had quite a few problems with this fridge. While it was still in warranty, the little knobs that the door shelves/drink holders slide into broke off and we got 2 new fridge doors put on. Now the left hand door doesn't shut properly, the white flap that is supposed to flip back to left hand door no longer works and we have to manually push it in so that it slides into the little groove to close/seal the fridge. Have been told to contact your maintenance providers here in WA who have told me it's a $143 call out then $16.50 per 10 minute time unit!!!! I'm wondering if it is perhaps just the 2 little silver coils/springs that need replacing and if so, can I just get those parts direct from Smeg?

Look forward to a response.

Kind regards,

Chantal

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators