Smeg SA37X

Smeg SA37X

Win

WinSydney, NSW

Not a reliable microwave SA37X

We have no choice, since this SA37X microwave was built in to our new home.It is worse than the cheaper brand we used before, we are only use it for reheating foods, but it never heat foods evenly ,now it is stopped heating anymore, but it still spin, lights and clock still on. No smoke. Now have to find another brand to match the built in size. Winnie

Purchased in October 2014.

Noise Level

Great appliance-one problem

My SA37X was installed along with 2 Smeg ovens when I had a kitchen makeover in April 2017. I love the look and I have treated them all with TLC. Surprised then to find that the letttering is wearing off the control panel of the microwave. I dont like that! Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Steve C.Smeg

Dear Gayl, I have answered your email direct. Regards Steve Cullen.

Phil H

Phil HBunbury

Very Poor

On at least four occasions the cooking tray has jumped off the coupler causing the microwave to cook on one side only. The roller guide is very poor and doesn't appear to fit well at all. Very disappointed as this is not a cheap unit. Main concern is that this problem could cause a fire if I don't keep an eye on it at all times.
Received an email from Smeg stating that their Service Manager would contact me by telephone. " NO " over a week now and no contact.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mzgess

MzgessSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

This doesnt cook evenly and is no better than a cheap brand microwave. Ive had it about 12 months and will be buying a new microwave. It doesnt cook evenly at all. Expected more from Smeg. It was on sale when I bought it and I think they were clearing them out for a reason.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Yvonne

YvonneMelbourne

not cheap but totally worth it

I am so satisfied with the microwave. I was caught in by the brand at first and hesitated if it was worthwhile paying more $ for the brand. However, it works so well and definitely worth the $ I spent on. it has easy instructions, heats up fast and at a appropriate temperature. Especially its unfrozen function, the heat control works so well that it unfreeze the meat and the meat is still raw.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

JTem

JTemSydney

nice

Works very well and fits perfectly into our kitchen. It's very stylish too as you'd expect from Smeg. It's probably a bit too expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. The materials feel nice and solid and not like cheaper plasticky microwaves. I would recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

That makes twice now....Very unhappy

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Russ

Russ

a little more Expensive but worth it

Its the first Microwave we bought paid more and wow it makes a difference easy to use and very easy to clean , heats up super fast and looks impressive in the kitchen ,had no hassles at all and has very easy buttons and instructions on the panel , highly recommended

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Wen

Wen

A Happy Customer

Look the microwave is not perfect, but I really rate SMEG appliances as they stand by their products. When my microwave stopped heating a week ago I thought I had wasted my money on a microwave that lasted less than 3 years. I need not have worried because when I contacted the company, they organised for my microwave to be fixed within 72 hours. Well done SMEG for your excellent customer service!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

SalyQueensland

Very disappointed

Very disappointed: Super loud and vibrates, I must wait for 10 minutes for it to cool down before I could start heating the second item. I purchased it in July 2014. The warranty has just expired in July 2017. I wish I can afford to replace it. My previous cheaper brands have lasted over 20 years.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Saly

Thank you Steve. Your technician has fixed one of the faulty spares of the microwave and will be back soon to fix yet another one.
Regards

Saly

Thank you again Steve, your technician have been back and replaced the other faulty parts. The microwave is perfect now

yann

yann

Like everyone, this microwave sucks

Replaced it once not long ago, and now it simply stops heating anything after 3minutes. need to wait for 10 or 15minutes 'reload' time then try again, but then usually the heating time lasts 1minute max then dies again.
have had multiple issues with smeg, oven, microwaves etc... it costs a fortune to get a technician to come and try to fix anything. super unhelpful service, this is by far the worst expensive 'fancy' appliance brand i have ever been using.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Rodney M.Smeg

Thought it would last longer than this?

This microwave is not even 3 years old and has already decided not to heat even though power is on and display still working. My previous cheaper brands have lasted way longer than this! The warranty has just expired and the cost to fix is way more than buying a brand new one! Would appreciate if instruction to repair is provided if there is an easy fix.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Kel

Kel

Excellent product.

I purchased this Smeg microwave earlier this year when we renovated our kitchen. It is perfect for our families needs. The functions are easy to use. I love the matching trim kit, but feel the kit is a little overpriced. I would definitely recommend this product to family and friends.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

First microwave ever to stop working

I bought a Smeg SA37X June 2013 it now doesn't work. It sounds as if it is working , lights up and turntable turns. Would not recommend Smeg to anyone as I have had issues with enamel coming off in oven and drip tray strip along door rusted which they replaced but same has happened all in 4 years

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Disappointed.

I bought this microwave oven when I renovated my kitchen as it has a matching trim kit. However, within months, it was smoking and arching when I melt butter or even just high fat food. It was replaced by E & S where I bought it from. We avoid high fat content food from then on, but now barely two years on, it smokes and smells even with ordinary cooking. I am so disappointed with this product and worse still I am stuck with an ugly hole with the trim kit.
I think this is definitely a design problem and I think this product does the Smeg name a lot of demage.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Lisa K

Lisa KSydney, NSW

So disappointed in this product!

We had this microwave built into our kitchen and had to have it repaired several times. When it finally arced and shorted it wasn't worth repairing and as it had to fit the Smeg frame I had no choice but to buy the same model. Now the same thing has happened again. I would love to find one that fits the space but will probably just live without a microwave. My oven and stove top are Smeg and I've been quite happy with them but this microwave is rubbish and so disappointing for a company that is supposed to be reputable.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Arcing now not heating

This microwave started to arc gave it a good clean started to work then all of a sudden it stops heating. I have turned it off and on and even left it off for a few hours and no luck.. i also have a designated space that will only fot the smeg microwave it is right next to my smeg oven

Date PurchasedJun 2014

NIc

NIcCanberra

Terrible product!

The microwave has always been very loud from the day we started using it. About 6 months ago, the microwave has started intermittently arcing when melting butter and coconut oil so we avoided using these products in it. Yesterday, after trying to melt coconut oil again, the microwave caught fire. I have owned several microwaves and have never experienced this before. We are now stuck with a cavity with trim that only fits SMEG and I don't want another one. Terrible product, would not recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Microwave SA37X - RUBBISH

What a load of rubbish this product is. Purchased July '16, using it since August and have had 2 occasions for repair. 17 days ago it caught FIRE inside, after heating a babies bottle for 20 secs, stopping it after 10 secs. Burn mark inside microwave. Microwave is not getting replaced but repaired and they cannot guarantee that this won't happen again. I have a brand new kitchen with all Smeg cooking appliances and thankful nothing else got damaged this time. I wished I had looked at the reviews before my purchase as it has SHOCKING reviews. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!! (I would love to talk to Steve Cullen to discuss this)

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Michele
Michele

Smeg SA37X Three microwaves later and three repairs under warranty SHOCKING UNIT

We built our house in 2004 we were recommended to buy a Smeg Microwave SA37X to be built in our kitchen with a trim kit .The first year it stopped working and was covered under warranty that was fine but very dissappointing . After the warranty lapsed the microwave stopped working again and it was not covered under warranty...so total loss there. We had to re-purchase another Smeg SA37X as our kitchen is built to only fit this model microwave. . Since then we have purchased another two Microwaves, this time I made sure I had the extended warranty 2+3 years which has been used twice in that period and today the third microwave has just packed up NOT HAPPY SMEG.

Date PurchasedOct 2009