Smeg SA987CX-2

Smeg SA987CX-2

JulesVictoria

Highly recommend to stay away from this product

I had the same experience. So disappointed. It has melted plastic and does not work very well as a microwave at all. We are sometimes too scared to use it. We thought Smeg was such a great brand and purchased the stove top, oven and was talked in to by Harvey Norman the convention/microwave. Disappointed with all and this is my 3rd house build in 22years and would not recommend Smeg at all. I have never had troubles with the other brands. The stove top is so hard to clean and leaves stains which I was advised how to clean by Smeg which was ridiculous. The materials they use is absolute crap. I highly recommend that you don’t spend extra on getting Smeg instead pay a little more and get Miele or spend less and get a much more decent product.

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $800.00.

Noise Level

Kay

KayWarwick

DON'T BUY

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Amanda

AmandaSydney

Has had a couple of hiccups

Works well but have had to get it repaired under warranty.

The smeg customer help was fantastic and so was technician.

The frustration is that After around 6 months microwave stopped heating after being used. The technician Came within a week and fixed it. They did this free if charge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jasmine1485

Jasmine1485QLD, 4560

When it worked, it was great

At first, I would have given this microwave a great rating - it's easy to use, I like the keypad and it's easy to adjust the time. However, then the turntable and light stopped working. As I bought it secondhand I have no way to repair under warranty. I'm disappointed because Smeg generally is a high quality brand.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Don't touch this product

At great expense I bought the model before this product, broke down with-in the first 6 months (carousel stopped working) , credit where credit is due, Smeg replaced it with the latest model, again the carousel stopped working twice the tech came out to repair, I am now out of warranty so they don't want to know. A beautiful microwave with a cheap plastic fitting that is supposed to operate a carousel in a convection and microwave oven - one tiny piece has let it down, microwave is unusable.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Daniel Francis

Daniel FrancisMelbourne

Does the job, nice and large

Pros - large capacity, easy to use, great design, good quality glass and stainless steel, most other microwaves we looked at the glass looked wavy and seemed hard to keep clean.
Cons - stopped working after 2 years, took to service centre in Melbourne, advised it was a common problem, the magnetron had failed, it waa fixed under warranty within 2 days, great service.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Joybell

JoybellBlackburn

Goody

Great little micro, a little slow cooking though compared to my old Smeg, not sure why seems strange. Never less I always like Smeg goods and there service is second to none. Never had a problem getting things fixed both in or out of warranty. Fast turn around as well

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Nayb

NaybSydney

Pretty solid product

Even though there seem to be some mixed reviews about this product, I also purchased this microwave after my parents and my in-laws had it for years. It does the job, it's a little loud sometimes but it heats food. Not sure what else you can really want from it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
sugiri widjaja

sugiri widjaja

moderate

pricey and not really that outstanding..i have to returned this to bing lee for repair once.heating can be a lot quicker that other brands.i bought this just to fit in the kitchen wardrobe so it fit in perfectly..otherwise i may buy other cheaper product with higher quality..i dont use the oven that much so cant comment

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Heesavage

Heesavage

Good product

Many founction options, easy to use. The power is good, the food can be heated up normally within 2 minutes. The metal plate replaced normal glass one, which makes it can not be broken and easy to clean. The only shortfall is it is noisy when functioning. I recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Terrible microwave

Worst microwave no clock when I cook in and open the door and it full of water covered food and not covered water gets all around the door drips on the floor put a potato bake in the other day turntable stop so it burnt have to open the door then shut it to set it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Dreadful Microwave - but Good Customer Service

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Conned againSouth East Queensland, QLD

And the appalling nature of this product goes on and on ...

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Conned again

Thanks for your help Steve ... good recovery from smeg ... techs were a pleasure to deal with.

Damm light

After all the pain to get a replacement globe and getting no support from the national service manager, and advice to some about the vibration noise, the new globe has blown, God hates us.
I have to say this smeg is a lemon, as is smeg.
Or does God understand what I cook in this oven needs to be done in the dark?
Maybe we'll go back to the sharp.
I'm done.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Craig

CraigBrisbane

Noisy microwave ever owned

I thought buying SMEG microwave would be quality unit , and Also purchased two SMEG ovens at same time but the microwave is so noisy after hearing same issues in the reviews we taking it back for refund to Harvey Norman, obviously this should be recalled , hopefully ovens will be ok fingers crossed otherwise we changing brands . Craig

CherylEast Fremantle

So noisy I'm scared to use it.

So noisy I'm scared to use it. I bought it in Sept 2014 in Brisbane Qld. It makes so much noise it sounds like it's going to blow up. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm quiet concerned about it!! I'm hoping for some help as it is a worry.

Cheryl

Smeg came and fixed my microwave and it is going like a dream now.

Smeg Microwave is rubbish

I purchased my first Smeg microwave in December 2014. I have had nothing but problems with it. The noise is the worst thing. It overheats, produces so much moisture it is ridiculous. I took it back to the place of purchase and it was repaired, when I got it back it was worse. Sounded like a helicopter. Then I got it replaced. The replacement had a fault which has been fixed and now this one so noisy I can't use it.

Pauline

I have taken this 2nd microwave back to the good guys and they have given me a store credit. I would like to say that they have always been very helpful in trying to fix my problem with the Smeg Microwaves. Just don't buy one if you want quality.

Crap unit

Straight out of the box, rollers don't work properly, turntable only turns sometimes as the rollers don't fit the turntable properly. There is no solution by the looks of it, this is a real lemon, don't know why Smeg doesn't just recall this piece of rubbish. Their reputation just keeps going down the sink hole and they don't care. Thanks for the rubbish Smeg.

Jimbo 0811

Thank you Steve, your people have been in touch and they are due to come and replace this unit this Thursday 21st April..Ill let you know how it goes, thank you.

Jimbo 0811

Well Smeg delivered a new cx-2 model to my house and took the old one away. The new unit functions 100% as advertised and there are no issues with it ...thanks Smeg ..

chrisspinning

chrisspinningMole Creek Tasmania

Problem solved Thank you

After writing a review about the turntable in my microwave/convection oven not turning around I was contacted by Steve who arranged for the convection microwave to be fixed in Launceston which was done yesterday at Tones and it is now working perfectly. Wonderful customer service. Thank you to all concerned. I will certainly buy Smeg again. Chris Watters.

Brian HaselumMaclean NSW

Disappointed

I purchased the above model from Bing Lee in April this year, 5 short months later I have had to return it to Bing Lee for either repair or replacement. The oven when operating on both convection and microwave vibrated terribly with a lot of noise from behind the dial area. It would appear that some moving part in that area was loose or possibly some bearing wearing out, anyhow I am not happy with this oven. I have owned a Panasonic Convection/Microwave oven that lasted for years and wore out with continual use. Seems to me that quality control is not as good as it should be

See all Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 reviews

bkcel24

bkcel24asked

We have always had SMEG microwaves with no issues. My husband has bought a new one with the grilling feature however every time I use the microwave to heat things up - the condensation that is left in there is not something I’ve ever seen before. It stays wet until the next time I open the door. I don’t think this is normal. Thoughts?

Jules

Yes, I have had the same problem and just wipe it out each time when it happens. I really don't like it at all. We had an cheap Aldi microwave just whilst we were building and I wish I never got rid of it as it was much better. I also think they just use plastic crappy material to make there products now. They certainly don't make things as they use to.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi bkcel24, thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then organise an inpsection of your appliance. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Jules, thanks for your feedback as well - we would also love to have an opportunity to assist you with your problem, can you email us also with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. We await your information. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Rossi Cork

Rossi Corkasked

Hi like the two previous customers in the product review my smeg convection microwave doesnt heat up enough on the convection setting and the lower grill. The upper grill and the microwave work well but the lower grill and the convection oven dont heat up enough for cooking although they are both heating up a bit. It has only been used as a microwave for the last couple of months. The oven is approx 3yrs old. All the functions appear to be working fine. I would like to get it repaired but have been told that it would cheaper to buy a convection microwave from KMart As this seems to be a glitch with these ovens I wondered you could help me thanks Rossi

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Rossi, I have already sent you an email in answer to yours. Regards Steve Cullen

gidday!again

gidday!againasked

Hi, like AJMelbourne had my convection microwave in storage for 4 months, then installed happily for 3.4 years. Lovely product, looks great, w matching oven etc. Very happy with it. Only had couple of minor issues which were fixed quickly. Now my convection element doesnt come on at all, wondering if I can replace that element myself as I fear the service call will b expensive. Shame it's having so many issues for a relatively young machine.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Gidday!again. Thank you for your enquiry. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a copy of this review. We will then be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Our email is: service@smeg.com.au - Kind Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives