Smeg SF640S

Smeg SF640S

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love the fridge but not the ice maker

Ice machine has not produced anything in a week and fridge only 7 months old. I guess I expected quality when I paid for this pricey fridge. Disappointed customer here.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Direct Online.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Anne

AnneBrisbane

I’ve maker dead after 12 months

I was quoted $300+ to repair the ice maker after 12 months of use. I’m incredibly disappointed as I thought this was a high quality item when I purchased it.
I think the ice maker should have been repaired under warranty as it had only been connected to water for 12 months before it broke down. I would think an ice maker would be expected to work for more than 12 months under any situation. Maybe it’s a Fair Trading issue??

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Smeg
Lesley R.Smeg
Deborah

DeborahQueensland

Shame about the ice despenser

Date PurchasedMar 2018

TheaDarwin

This would be perfect if it worked

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Smeg
Steve C.Smeg
Thea

Hi Steve, You could contact me via thea_bowtime@bigpond.com or [number removed]I will appreciate your assistance. Regards Thea

amazing fridge

I have this fridge was ordered by Harvey Norman , very functional ....they dispose ice very good... Temperature can set very precisely..... Very quite fridge on operational..... Inside the fridge is very big ,very ample space... Look like small when you look from the outside......led light inside quite bright..... An excellent fridge.....

Date PurchasedNov 2017

idridley

idridleyBrisbane

Very Expensive with Fundamental Design Flaws

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Smeg Beware

This fridge is great for cold water, ice cubes and crushed ice. The freezer is tight for space but is well lit. As long as the internal gas valves don't leak which renders the whole thing redundant. I have had my fridge 5 years and I now have to replace it. The freezer door had to be replaced because it had rust. All my Smeg appliances (oven, microwave) have had problems with motherboards which are over $500 to replace each.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
shopperhopper
shopperhopper

Rob T

Very good but not perfect and expensive

Date PurchasedApr 2016

MickAU

Excellent fridge.

I had ordered an LG door-in-door refrigerator but int was discontinued between my placing the order and taking delivery. The replacement is currently only available from limited outlets and therefore very costly (no competition between retailers means no need to discount the very high RRP) . LG have lost a customer due to this policy. Instead I bought the Smeg SF640S and I am now very pleased that I did. This fridge has heaps of room and is dead silent in operation and the controls are easy to understand and use. I was concerned that the ice-maker would be noisy but it never makes a sound-except when dispensing the ice.

BillS

BillSasked

seeking a french door fridge with width no greater than 860mm. Open to best brands. prefer if we dont have to plumb in. Ideas?

Rob T

This Smeg needs plumbing for the I e a d water. If you don't want I a and cool water go for a cheaper fridge without the dispensers

Mick

My experience with the Smeg continues to be satisfactory. The plumbing might sound like a bit if a big deal, but it isn't all that difficult and my plumber set it up in a few hours. I think it's worth it myself. Having ice cubes and chilled water on demand is pretty good. The Doors need a positive push to close them or the alarm goes off. This might be improved by having the fridge tilted a little more toward the back.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators