Smeg SF640S

Smeg SF640S

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

Excellent cooling.
Nothing to dislike.
Makes great ice.
Well laid out.
Plenty of room in the freezer and fridge.
Seems well built.
Not sure why other reviews are not as positive. I am so happy with this.
Home Clearance were easy to deal with.
So much better than the Samsung similar style we replaced that had so many issues over the several years we had it. Samsung fridges seem such poor quality compared to this. Still only time will tell.
Just be certain it will fit on your house. We built our house to take a large fridge and made sure the entrance way was roomy enough. But this beast will not fit in a small area

Purchased in March 2020 at Home Clearance for $2,399.00.

Kate
KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love the fridge but not the ice maker

Ice machine has not produced anything in a week and fridge only 7 months old. I guess I expected quality when I paid for this pricey fridge. Disappointed customer here.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Direct Online.

Anne
AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’ve maker dead after 12 months

I was quoted $300+ to repair the ice maker after 12 months of use. I’m incredibly disappointed as I thought this was a high quality item when I purchased it.
I think the ice maker should have been repaired under warranty as it had only been connected to water for 12 months before it broke down. I would think an ice maker would be expected to work for more than 12 months under any situation. Maybe it’s a Fair Trading issue??

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Lesley R.Smeg
Deborah
DeborahQueensland

Shame about the ice despenser

Date PurchasedMar 2018
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Smeg SF640S compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

TheaDarwin

This would be perfect if it worked

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Steve C.Smeg
Thea

Hi Steve, You could contact me via thea_bowtime@bigpond.com or [number removed]I will appreciate your assistance. Regards Thea

amazing fridge

I have this fridge was ordered by Harvey Norman , very functional ....they dispose ice very good... Temperature can set very precisely..... Very quite fridge on operational..... Inside the fridge is very big ,very ample space... Look like small when you look from the outside......led light inside quite bright..... An excellent fridge.....

Date PurchasedNov 2017
idridley
idridleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Expensive with Fundamental Design Flaws

Date PurchasedApr 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Smeg Beware

This fridge is great for cold water, ice cubes and crushed ice. The freezer is tight for space but is well lit. As long as the internal gas valves don't leak which renders the whole thing redundant. I have had my fridge 5 years and I now have to replace it. The freezer door had to be replaced because it had rust. All my Smeg appliances (oven, microwave) have had problems with motherboards which are over $500 to replace each.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
shopperhopper
shopperhopper
Rob T

Very good but not perfect and expensive

Date PurchasedApr 2016
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Smeg SF640S compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

MickChifley 2606, ACT

Excellent fridge.

I had ordered an LG door-in-door refrigerator but int was discontinued between my placing the order and taking delivery. The replacement is currently only available from limited outlets and therefore very costly (no competition between retailers means no need to discount the very high RRP) . LG have lost a customer due to this policy. Instead I bought the Smeg SF640S and I am now very pleased that I did. This fridge has heaps of room and is dead silent in operation and the controls are easy to understand and use. I was concerned that the ice-maker would be noisy but it never makes a sound-except when dispensing the ice.

Jai Rasked

Our new property came with this product in place but not installed. (Believe fridge to be sitting in the kitchen for approx 3 months) Settlement was 4 days ago and power was turned on to the fridge. 2 days ago a plumber connected the fridge to the plumbing. He stated that there was a brand new filter inside. However every time we open and close the door the Filter light turns on. This can not be rectified by pressing and holding the filter light for 3 seconds in an attempt to reset. A chime/alarm does sound after 3 seconds, however the filter light remains on. There has been no alarms or additional warnings?

Hi. I have the similar issue. I am just going to ignore it for 6 months. Then replacing the filter should reset it. I could turn the water off at the back and remove the filter and re-insert it to do the same thing. If it starts to annoy me I will do that.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Jai and Brendon, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from inside of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Jai R

Thanks Steve will email you with the details this afternoon.

BillS
BillSasked

seeking a french door fridge with width no greater than 860mm. Open to best brands. prefer if we dont have to plumb in. Ideas?

Rob T

This Smeg needs plumbing for the I e a d water. If you don't want I a and cool water go for a cheaper fridge without the dispensers

Mick

My experience with the Smeg continues to be satisfactory. The plumbing might sound like a bit if a big deal, but it isn't all that difficult and my plumber set it up in a few hours. I think it's worth it myself. Having ice cubes and chilled water on demand is pretty good. The Doors need a positive push to close them or the alarm goes off. This might be improved by having the fridge tilted a little more toward the back.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators