Smith & Smith Kitchens

Smith & Smith Kitchens

Wonderful experience

We had a new kitchen installed 7 weeks ago, Smith and Smith made the whole experience very easy from the initial design by Deborah to the installation, all the tradies were of a high standard and alleviated any anxieties we had, the end result was amazing, we would highly recommend Smith and Smith for a new kitchen.

Very professional company

After having approached numerous companies for a kitchen quote, only Smith & Smith would provide detailed specifications prior to signing a contract. No one should sign a contract without detailed specifications. The kitchen design was terrific & blended in nicely with the rest of our home. The work performed was of a very high standard, and every staff member we interacted with was extremely friendly, highly skilled and helpful. The project was delivered on time, and within budget. The follow up service has been excellent. I would highly recommend Smith & Smith for your kitchen renovation.

Excellent design from Smith and Smith

My kitchen was designed by Claudine Northey of Smith and Smith Melbourne. The finished result is brilliant. Claudine took some time to get the best result. The variety of doors, cupboards, drawers and more is very useful. I picked a corner unit with an innovative design.

Would highly recommend

From entrance hall, butlers room and power room, the whole experience was smooth going. The designs are fabulous. Contractor were all very professional, would recommend Smith & Smith. All my friends love it too!

Beautiful new kitchen

I have just had a new kitchen installed by Smith and Smith, it is beautiful, very smart and modern. I can't speak highly enough about the contractors with their attention to detail and pride in their work. I
certainly recommend Smith and Smith for your new kitchen

Have confidence in this company

I shouldn't have waited so long. The transformation from dark (wood), cramped corner to bright, light area with a sense of space and ease is really great. I couldn't have believed it possible. Thanks to Smith and Smith for your efforts, particularly for fixing a small matter in the midst of a heavy workload.

Great craftsmanship and quality, hopeless project management

Our new kitchen looks great, and it was exactly what we hoped to have. Getting there was a painful and frustrating process.

We started off on a good note with Laly doing the design. Her approach was a good combination of the practical and aesthetic. After that, the installation phase also started well. Laly’s recommended builder efficiently removed the old kitchen and fixed up a few legacy problems, providing a good space to install the new kitchen. After that, the various tradesmen started coming in to do their bit. Smith & Smith has really good tradesmen, who do their work with pride and attention to detail. Their partner companies (eg the splashback supplier, the benchtop supplier) have the same mindset.

Unfortunately, everything ground to a halt after a week. The project manager hadn’t arranged for the right things to happen in sequence, and work simply stopped. Nothing was getting done, and we were stuck without a kitchen. The project manager was uncontactable, and didn’t respond to our emails asking when work would re-start. We spent nearly 3 weeks eating takeaway food and washing our dishes in the bathtub.

Finally we contacted Laly, who managed to get the project re-started. Without her help, who knows what would have happened, because nobody else at the company responded to our emails.

Dear Alex, Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate feedback as we see it as an educational tool that helps us to grow and evolve. So delighted that you are happy with the quality and craftsmanship of your new kitchen. We are sorry that you experienced such delays in project management - we have already updated our in-house systems to guard against this in future. Wishing you many happy times in your kitchen for years to come. Kind regards, The Smith & Smith Team

Wow our New Kitchen is everything we asked for and better....!

It has been 10 weeks now since our new kitchen was installed and both Glenise and I are extremely happy with the outcome.

I would like to thank your team starting with Laly your Sales Rep. Laly was extremely professional and always responded to questions and messages in a timely manner. Laly also listen to our concerns and the design of the kitchen that we wanted.

To Scott Mcleod plans and elevations. Making sure everything goes to plan and checking on what we wanted as a kitchen. Scott was very thorough responding to questions and following up in a timely manner.

To the demolition of the old kitchen and preparing it for the New Kitchen the tradesmen were fantastic.

To the carpenter / installer Greg what can I say, Greg did a fantastic job as well as making a minor alteration to plans without minimal fuss. Greg acted in a very professional manner!

The Plumber and Tiler also did fantastic work with detaching and reconnecting all plumbing needs. The tiler did a great job with our new tiles that we selected!

To all the trades well done on their work and the manner they conducted themselves.

Some of the Key items of our New kitchen that have made an impact to enjoy working and cooking in the new kitchen.
BC Revo Lazy Susan – a must have
One metre draws fantastic
Pull out Pantry – love it
The Corner pantry size and design work great…!
Bins – pull out for rubbish and recyclables
Fridge – in its own cabinet with a cupboard located directly above.
Soft close cupboards and draws – awesome
Laminate bench top – ( many have commented on that it looks like a stone bench top )

In summary the layout / design and location of all the above have made a significant difference to making the new kitchen very workable !

So, to Smith and Smith on a fantastic job we couldn’t be happier ….!
Highly Recommend …!

Ps To Joanne on pushing the job forward so it would be ready for Glenise’s Birthday ….Well Done!

A wonderful transformation - it's the best

Thank You to Sue Bracy and Smith & Smith for the outstanding execution of our new kitchen. There was certain honesty in Sue's attitude that made us feel that if SHE designed something for us, it would be more than good, it would be excellent. It turned out to be a masterpiece of design. She gave us myriad choices and we ended up with a beautiful, functional new kitchen with the very best workmanship of product.

So congratulations to everyone involved.

Quality, value and service all integrated.

After carefully evaluating 3 options, we selected Smith & Smith based on evidence of quality, professionalism and skills of designer,clarity of pricing and knowledge they were well established (so any warranty would have longevity too). It is now a few weeks since the work was completed.
From the initial visit, Catherine listened carefully; her guidance and design skills helped us to achieve a highly functional new kitchen and a much improved functional laundry. Catherine's advice in helping us make choices was invaluable.
The following process of actually replacing the old kitchen and laundry is one we are fully satisfied with. Smith & Smith have a quality product, quality trades people who were most considerate and courteous, and a well established procedure..
One minor correction was identified a few days ago, and this was actioned within 48 hours of us alerting Randall.
We are fully satisfied with the outcome. Great value and top quality.

Quality cabinet makers

My wife & I bought our house with the smith & smith kitchen cabinetry already there so we had nothing to do with the design or installation process but I CAN vouch for longevity, quality and finish.

Absolutely outstanding and they will be one of the first I call now that I have moved and will be looking to update kitchen. Might be more expensive but sometimes you pay for quality.

Only the best at Smith and Smith

I can't recommend Smith and Smith enough. From my initial sit down with Joe I knew these guys had experience. He helped me through the design process and came to see us multiple times to adjust and change little things before we started and I felt very secure knowing he was definitely an expert. Everyone was amazing from the cabinet delivery guys all the way down to the plasterer Pauly, installer Phil, Dan the plumber and Daniel the electrician. Everyone came in on time, explained everything clearly, did a clean, neat, great job and were friendly along the way.
A big thanks to Joanne in the office for all her help and ongoing communication. My kitchen not only looks amazing but its of the highest quality. Very very happy!

Beautifully designed and completed

We recently had a kitchen designed by the lovely Laly. She made it so easy and had a very clear understanding of our needs and wants. Creating a space that is not only beautiful, but makes great use of every inch of the kitchen. The quality of the cabinetry exceeded my expectations! All trades did top quality work and were a pleasure to deal with. We now have our dream kitchen and look forward to enjoying it for years to come. A little improvement in communication regarding when works would be done is my recommendation. Otherwise flawless

High quality kitchen & professional service

This was a huge purchase for our family and we did not take to selecting a kitchen company lightly. After meeting with several kitchen companies we chose S&S due to great quality of product displayed in the showroom, reputation and online reviews. Our designer Beth was excellent and added great ideas and gave us the confidence our choices would look great and they have. Prior to install staff were very available to answer our questions and organised. Our kitchen was installed with care by Caleb who really took pride in his work. There were a few issues on install that Caleb made aware to Randal and S&S had them fixed up quick smart. After all was completed we noticed the gap above fridge to overheads was more than we liked. This was shown on the plan and we were happy to pay to get this rectified however after an email to Randal he came out measured up and had new doors made and installed at no cost to us. We really appreciated this that S&S went to extra effort to ensure we were happy. Our kitchen looks and functions amazingly well and the quality of the materials is second to none. We are extremely happy and are glad we chose S&S. We have no reservation in recommending S&S. Thank you so much.

Excellent Service

Smith and Smith had renovated our kitchen seven years ago. During that time, the kitchen had been subjected to the expected wear and tear that comes with regular use. Recently, we encountered a problem with the runner in one of the self-closing drawers and called for assistance. Mark arrived on our doorstep at the promised time and quickly got to work on the problem, fixing it very quickly. In addition, he adjusted three other drawers and set in train action to fix two bi-fold cabinet doors which had sagged very slightly over the past years. Meanwhile I was tallying in my mind the likely cost of this very professional service. When he'd finished, I tentatively asked about the cost. Amazing response: "it's all covered by warranty".

Thank you Smith and Smith for your excellent service.

Wonderful craftmanship & service

We live in a modest older home and the kitchen was badly in need of an update. Smith & Smith worked with us to create beautiful and functional space within our budget. We were only 2 nights without use of the kitchen, and the result is stunning. All staff were friendly and helpful, visits were carefully coordinated, and communication was always timely. It was impressive how many of the people had been with Smith and Smith for 10 years or more, and talked positively about the company. I would unreservedly recommend them to others.

High quality and classy kitchen

We chose Smith and Smith after meeting with around 4 kitchen cabinetmakers/designers. While a 'market leader', S&S's price was competitive. Their sales contact Laurie Calleja was patient with our evolving design, and their aftermarket service was prompt and efficient. We also used their builder - Top Tier Building and Construction - who were every bit as good as their name. Thanks for a great looking kitchen guys!

Had hoped for better...

It’s the finer details that can make a big difference and unfortunately for us, this is where our experience with Smith and Smith fell short. Having the plumber called back 3 times for various issues, including the strong smell of gas he had to come back twice for to fix, and no thought put in to where the electrical points where installed as my husband had to almost be a contortionist to be able to plug the fridge in, and still waiting after 4weeks for one missing handle. Plus a few more minor details that my husband and I are not that happy with, it’s taken a bit of shine away from having a new kitchen. I had hoped that by using a company with a
Smith and Smith longevity, these sorts of issues wouldn’t have happened. No call back either after trying to get in touch about the handle, very frustrating.

Customer service is second to none

We had several broken hinges on our drawers. Even though the kitchen was three years outside the warranty period, Smith & Smith, replaced the sides and hinges of all our drawers, at no expense to us.

Love love love!

Just had our new kitchen installed from smith and Smith Kitchens and can’t rave enough how delighted I am with the design, quality and workmanship. This extends beyond the cabinetry to also the trades who went above and beyond to ensure everything is just right.
A few minor fixes needed to be done after installation (to some of the cabinetry) however they were attended to quickly and with minimal fuss by the maintenance team.
Look forward to spending lots of time in my new kitchen and showing it off to family and friends!
Highly recommended!