Smoke Alarm Solutions

Smoke Alarm Solutions

1.5

Kane St Kane

Kane St KaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If I could rate them 0, I would.

Smoke Alarm Solutions came to the property I rent today. Smoke Alarms are designed to protect bedrooms from smoke sources (the kitchen generally), and are place accordingly outside of these rooms.

Smoke Alarm Solutions placed one smoke alarm outside of two bedrooms and left two bedrooms unprotected. When questioned, the technician called me names and told me he wasn’t paid to answer my questions and that he was leaving.

Worst. Experience. Ever.

Maria

Maria

Rudest call centre staff at 1300 853 602

Honest Bob

Honest BobSydney

Zero stars - not recommended

I paid for a service which sounded good but they failed to live up to their marketing. Replaced the batteries myself when all our smoke alarms started beeping every minute. NOT RECOMMENDED

Rayne

RayneNorth Queensland, QLD

Very abrupt staff

I found the customer service officer rude and abrupt. Kept cutting me off mid sentence on the phone when I was trying to explain why I needed to reschedule. No flow to the conversation, disjointed and directed by me. Di should not be in customer service!

Claudine

ClaudineFar North Queensland, QLD

Rip off company

KatT

KatT

Once was enough

My contact with this company was through a trustees arrangement. The standard was so poor that l refused to let them back in the house the following year & requested experienced quality tradespeople only which l now receive.

Cookie

CookieCentral Queensland, QLD

Hopeless

I used the website to book a service for a duplex & paid for it in advance. 3 units installed by Smoke Alarm Solutions had to replaced - 1 because it was noncompliant with a distance from a light & 2 under warranty. That was in October 2019 and I am still in dispute with them about payments in February 2020 despite assurances that things were sorted in December 2019.

Gav

GavBisvegas

Over priced and poor quality service and products

$129 per year, $50 more than others (SAMS) quote cheapest to buy alarms at high end price.
10 year battery (but only warrant 12 months) Charge for every visit, they waste your money fitting new alarms 12 mths before new legislation that don't meet new legislation. Pay kick backs to Real estates so they want to only provide SAS services.

RonDarling Downs, QLD

Hopeless

Car

CarFar North Queensland, QLD

Endless false alarms

They recently updated my system due to QLD regulations. Since then the have had to replace the whole system and a couple of visits to replace single items. Sine the update I have had numerous false alarms. The product they used is a PSA lifesaver LIF5800. I have heard these items don't like humidity. As I live in the tropics the product is not fit for purpose. So why do they install them? Because they are cheaper than the alternatives.

Annoying

ERHK

ERHKVIC

This Firm is Dangerous

Worse phone service than Centrelink

They have a really bad phone service. How does anyone run a company successfully with so many bad reviews? They also left my door unlocked last time they visited my house.

FNQuser

FNQuserFar North Queensland, QLD

Poor quality products

I don't know how a company like this survives... false alarms in the early hours two days after replacing the previous batch of faulty units... long waits on hold trying to notify them....

October 15th 2019 Update: Really.... this has become an industry

As a tenant, we have no choice but to let these guys into our house. Multiple visits to replace faulty alarms that go off in the middle of the night. They all end up in the cupboard... don't know how they survive?

I'm very sleepy

Worst Smoke alarm company

Came early from work for 3-5pm scheduled appointment and nobody showed up. When I call them at 4.50pm phone instructor without any apologies asked me to reschedule for 8.30-10.30am as the technicians car had a breakdown. Rude as hell.most disgusting and cheap service ever

Greg C

Greg CBrisbane

They didn't have the correct number of alarms in the house after I got inspected and failed

Renovated my house and employed Smoke Alarm Solutions to have the house to the legal standard and annual inspections carried out before I had a final inspection by a building inspection certifier to pass off everything has been renovated legally. Yes you guessed it. Failed, due to the incorrect number of smoke alarms in the property. Paid this alarm company over three years to have this sorted out. Going to another company to have it fixed.

Bad business and lies

Had an appointment between 8:30 and 9:30. Rang at 9:30 head office we're going to call the tech to see where he was on the road. Never heard back rang again 1 1/2 hours later to find out that his car had been stolen over the weekend and you didn't have the proper equipment so we might have to reschedule. what!

SHOCKING - BROKE GOOD WORKING ALARMS

Marcus

MarcusMackay

A Sham - DO NOT USE

Rude unprofessional technicians. Cheap components that are not to OEM specifications, and when I offered to supply my own, three subsequent technicians over four years have verbally abuse me and threaten me that they will have me sued under law quoting the QLD Smoke Alarm Act.