Anon

AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

REALLY BAD

Smoke Alarm Solutions

Received SMS from this number claiming to be from my Realestate Agent when it wasn't - claims to demand entry at a time and date and then requires me to reply with a response to confirm that an adult will be home at that time!

Spoke to QLD Residential Tenancy Authority who confirmed that ALL notices MUST come only on approved RTA forms and from the Agent only and must be signed by the Agent and show proof of 3rd party agency for entry - told if this is not provided that I would not be protected by law if I responded or let them in without the compliant notices.

It is also a breach of the Commonwealth Privacy Act

satkins3008

satkins3008South East Queensland, QLD

Incompetence

Smoke alarm installed in a unit I rent which stayed up for a few months and then fell down as adhesive was used to affix it on a cement wall. Smoke Alarm Solutions come out again to fix it and it didnt stay up a day. Avoid them!

MEI

MEISouth East Queensland, QLD

TERRIBLE!

Asked for a quote and then billed for $130 yearly maintenance???!?
Did not even request for the maintenance!!
That is a scam!
Beware!

Pieces of crap

Go off without any smoke. Luckily were home but didn't help as none of them actually turn off when you press the button. Had neighbours looking to see what was happening. Scared our cats. And had to get a stool at top of stairwell to rip off the roof had all 4 down off roof and not a single one would stop the alarm going off. Joke our real estate used these people.

Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Non comprende !

Received a form 9 for them to inspect smoke alarm. Nowhere on form does it say im required to attend ! They turn up and cant access unit . I try and try to reshedule but get no answer. Going to let this slide as ive got better things to do than waste my time doing the real estates job.

lena

lenaSouth East Queensland, QLD

dont know what they are doing

Bitterly disappointed

Bitterly disappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Incompetent call centre staff

Crap alarms. Constantly waking us up!

We have had problems with these crappy alarms going off at random hours of the day and night. Sometimes they go off for 5 seconds at like 2am and other times for hours while we are at work. My neighbour now has a key to our house just so he can go in and stop them it happens that often!
We have had multiple people come out to check them and each time they tell us that nothing is wrong!
Do not bother with these crappy alarms they will do your head in.

libran G.

libran G.South East Queensland, QLD

illegal to text at 5.59am wake u! demand they come on a day with 8 hour window the tenant must wait or they use a key!

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great efficient experience

The booking service and attitude of the girl who answered the phone was excellent and the technician was on time and very efficient with the work. Great value too. Would highly recommend this organisation.

Ican’t give a review of this company, because of what I read and customers have experienced with them , I won’t use them

So bad reviews..thank you to all of the people who take the time to put there reviews up on line

Ron

RonDarling Downs, QLD

Still completely hopeless!

Have no idea why Real Estate agencies still use this company

Have had multiple bad experiences with this company from entering my property without consent to making me wait for seven hours for a technician to arrive. Even after explaining i have to be home for them to have access due to anxious dogs, they still give a time frame bracket of 7 hours! The communication from the head office to the technicians is absolutely dismal.

Kane St Kane

Kane St KaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If I could rate them 0, I would.

Smoke Alarm Solutions came to the property I rent today. Smoke Alarms are designed to protect bedrooms from smoke sources (the kitchen generally), and are place accordingly outside of these rooms.

Smoke Alarm Solutions placed one smoke alarm outside of two bedrooms and left two bedrooms unprotected. When questioned, the technician called me names and told me he wasn’t paid to answer my questions and that he was leaving.

Worst. Experience. Ever.

Maria

Maria

Rudest call centre staff at 1300 853 602

Honest Bob

Honest BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero stars - not recommended

I paid for a service which sounded good but they failed to live up to their marketing. Replaced the batteries myself when all our smoke alarms started beeping every minute. NOT RECOMMENDED

Rayne

RayneNorth Queensland, QLD

Very abrupt staff

I found the customer service officer rude and abrupt. Kept cutting me off mid sentence on the phone when I was trying to explain why I needed to reschedule. No flow to the conversation, disjointed and directed by me. Di should not be in customer service!

Claudine

ClaudineFar North Queensland, QLD

Rip off company

KatT

KatT

Once was enough

My contact with this company was through a trustees arrangement. The standard was so poor that l refused to let them back in the house the following year & requested experienced quality tradespeople only which l now receive.

Cookie

CookieCentral Queensland, QLD

Hopeless

I used the website to book a service for a duplex & paid for it in advance. 3 units installed by Smoke Alarm Solutions had to replaced - 1 because it was noncompliant with a distance from a light & 2 under warranty. That was in October 2019 and I am still in dispute with them about payments in February 2020 despite assurances that things were sorted in December 2019.