Verifiedsolarbatterygroup.com.au

Efficient technicians

Pete h.
Pete h.

Hot water heat pum

During the process of getting a heat pump hot water service Glen and Cameron provided great accurate information. Prompt of the $99 refund should we not go with them. No fuss professional sales team, unfortunately was beaten on price. The battery we had installed 3 months ago with them is working great and would definitely consider in the future. Show details

Karen A.
Karen A.South East Queensland, QLD

ZERO AFTER SALES SERVICE

I purchased an Alpha ESS system from this company for $24,000. It has failed to work more than it has worked in the past 6 months. The system has not worked at all since the 21st December. Finally yesterday a new part was to be installed into the system however nobody arrived to do the work. The person named [Name Removed] promised to contact me every week until the issue was resolved, I have not heard from him. I have left multiple messages and nobody returns my calls. This company is a disgrace and I am sorry I ever did business with them. I will now be lodging a complaint with Consumer Affairs as I have given them more than enough time to resolve this issue. Show details
Peter
Peter2 posts

Below average

Pretty average once they get your money, they don’t call you back. I think their process is working but when you tell them it’s not they don’t call you back still.
Paul E.
Paul E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Worst customer service and after sales support EVER

Second battery installed 19th December 2023. Tesla gateway was damaged during installation.
It's now 23rd March 2024 and repeated calls and emails have got me no closer to getting this repaired, even after they have admitted fault. Due to this damage, the installation failed a safety inspection and I have not reveived my certificate of safety which will expose me to my insurance company if something should go wrong. They never call me back, never reply to emails.

I am about to lodge a formal complaint with Energy Safe Victoria, and about to get legal advice as this has been going on for far too long.

1 star because I can't give them a Zero.

DO NOT USE!!!! Show details

Julie
JulieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

well done

good experience. very helpful work person. smooth installation. all good. Show details ·  1

Roger
RogerMid North Coast, NSW

Stress free all the way

The whole process from start to finish was made easy by the customer service shown by everyone.
Every time I had to contact the company I was dealt with quickly and politely.
No panels installed only the battery. Had existing panels. Show details ·  1
Gay
Gay6 posts

Very satisfied customer

I was very well informed about the whole process. I got a second battery installed because my other one was filling up by lunchtime and the second battery will give me a greater feeding refund. I also love the idea that in a power outage so long as my battery has stored enough, i can plug in some appliances into dedicated power points to use the available amount in my batteries....so good. Show details ·  1
Dave B.
Dave B.

Organised and effective

Ordering and installation process was effective and responsive. Would have given 5 stars but for small lateness of turning up on day of installation without a call to update me on the delay. Show details ·  1
Eric H.
Eric H.

Battery Installation

Overall very good but the battery is reporting a communication error with the pv system since it was turned on. Show details ·  1
Job Satisfaction
Trustworthiness

Peter
Peter2 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Prompt, clear online service, excellent installation agent, very smart battery design. Show details ·  2
Annie
AnniePerth, WA2 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Effortless process from this professional company

Prompt and helpful customer service. This company were easy to deal with, easy to contact and the installation was smooth and without problems. Love that we can now watch the solar battery charging details on the phone app and look forward to our first electricity bill with the battery in place. Show details ·  1
Trustworthiness
V Thilkan
V ThilkanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  Fair Incentive

My additional batteries for solar installation

Timely installation and neat workmanship with punctuality which is what I like. Show details ·  2
Peter C.
Peter C.2 posts

Delays in installation but smooth when it finally happened

Installation was deferred several times for unknown reasons but when they finally came, it went smoothly. Show details ·  1
Derek
Derek

Still waiting for job to be completed 16 months later

Initially, things were great. Order placed, then 4 months later installation started, very quick to get your money, extremely slow to do the job. 16 months later I'm still waiting for the job to be completed. They tried to bill me an extortionists charge as a "call out" fee to complete the job, which I refused to pay. Still waiting for the job completion.
My advice, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PACK OF CHARLATANS ! They don't finish the job nor do they give refunds for work not completed. Show details
Alan R.
Alan R.South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

QLDZDR

The Solar Battery Group TV advertisment implies that Solar Battery will avoid the problem of power blackouts. We have been considering a battery add-on to our existing 3 phase solar panels, but the advantages of having backup power automatically come on during a Queensland blackout was not a feature of batteries according to electricians. We would need to have a backup generator if we wanted guaranteed continuous power during a blackout.
So is the TV ad misleading?

Bruce
Bruce

As long as you have power in the battery you should have power to the hose in a blackout.
When the battery runs out then there is no power.

QLDZDR

Thanks for your answer, Solar Battery Group haven't replied to my emailed enquiry, so I was hoping they monitored this website

J9
J9

When will I get my deposit back? I called with an enquiry about getting solar for a new home that I'm awaiting settlement on, ie really just wanted price and info on availability. Jake the Salesman told me I needed to pay a deposit to put a system on hold as they were selling fast but I've since found that I will need to get my meterbox upgraded so have decided it's out of my price range to go ahead with getting solar. I've signed nothing, filled out none of the paperwork you sent me AND called both Jake (no response, didn't answer and ignored message) and your reception (was told you'd be in touch soon) but STILL no refund! Very angry EX customer here, seems like a con to me! You're quick to take $$$ but doesn't seem so easy for you to refund the money! When will someone be in touch with me about this or who do I contact to make an official complaint?

libbyv64
libbyv64

If you paid via credit card ask them to get your payment back.

Stop_shonky_sellers
Stop_shonky_sellers
Urvi D.

We 10kW solar system installed in July this year. We got a letter in the mailbox stating the battery price is just under $4k. Is this correct? How much the battery can hold?

Solar Battery Group   DM
QLDZDR

10kW solar, but they only spec less than 3kW of battery??? seems like they are under specifying like the beginning of solar systems when they told us that a 1.5kW to 2.5kW was enough to reduce electricity bill to nothing

Urvi D.

We called and left a mesage to call us back with our number but never received a call back.

About Solar Battery Group

Solar Battery Group is a solar power company that has over 30 years of industry experience, and specialises in battery storage and solar power systems. The company also sells and installs inverters, micro inverters, and Tesla Powerwalls.

They offer a range of solar battery sizes from leading brands - such as Energizer and Hive - to suit your specific household needs. The process of getting a solar battery involves Solar Battery Group analysing your electricity bills and getting to know your household needs so that they can tailor a solution for you.

Solar Battery Group is a Clean Energy Council approved solar retailer.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the panels and battery they had installed through Solar Battery Group worked as expected, and have so far helped them reduce their electricity bills.
  • They also found that technicians were prompt, clean, and helpful in answering any questions that reviewers had.
  • Overall, reviewers appreciated that the whole process of using Solar Battery Group was fuss-free, saying that it was a quick, painless process from their initial enquiry all the way through to installation.
CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers