Solar Edge

Solar Edge

3.4

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (20)
  • Purchase Price$20,056.43
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

DaveSydney

The absolute worst of all worlds

Dave

Update: Heard from Solar Edge but issues are still outstanding. Open case has been quiet for 3 days now.

ValeriePerth, WA

Seems reasonable product but service is extremely poor

I had a solar system installed 2 years ago. Solaire connect were the installer who told me that it could not use wifi and had to use a line into my modem. I now have to change modem and need to know how to change the system to wifi. Solaire connect ignored emails and calls. Solaredge have not replied to emails or facebook queries. I dread to think if something goes wrong with the system.

Valerie

UPDATE 31/3/21 Solaredge contacted me following this review. They arranged the installer to follow up and resolve the query. Thanks Julia.

Lea

LeaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Lack of technical support

I have been having problems with my battery and solaredge system for over 2 months now with little to no response to me .The twoing and throughing between solar edge and the installer is crazy. The system has worked well for 6 months and now it playing up . You can't ring solar edge they just hang up .
I do not recommend this product at all .Just monitoring this isn't fixing anything.
David

IngolfWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

After many discussions and quotes they were the best - for me..

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Great Customer Support experience

I’m very pleased with the support provided by the SolarEdge technical support team. The Customer Service representative went above and beyond and provided on-call instruction to fix an error in the installation of my Energy Meter Modbus device.

Jono_6955

Jono_6955Sydney

Overpriced garbage, REALLY bad after sales service

Spursfan

SpursfanSydney, NSW

Absolutely love my SolarEdge!

System has been installed for over 6 months. No issues to report. No shade on our roof but since we went for a super premium LG Neon R Black module, we wanted to be able to monitor the performance of every panel over the life of the system.
Also, I can see in real time if I can turn on my AC, or what devices I can run etc.
I've recently had my electrician install some of the Home Automation devices and love being able to automate my AC, underfloor heating and towel rail. My system will turn these on when there is enough excess sugar being generated.
I have a Backup inverter ready to add a battery ( and some more PV) once the SolarEdge battery is released.
Chuffed to bits with the investment!

Ash D.

Ash D.Southern and Hills, SA

Solar Edge Monitoring (Lack of)

H Davey

H DaveyCentral Queensland, QLD

I love my Solaredge!

We chose Solaredge as the optimised panels were the best choice for the shading on our roof. The local company we went with are Solaredge experts and explained why they would best suit our situation. I cannot express enough how happy we have been with our installation and the solar generation it has created. The power exported alone has drastically cut our electricity bill and the battery option has bought it down to almost nothing. The monitoring app is a wonderful way to see how we are using our power and we have changed our habbits to suit. I would and have highly recommeded Solaredge as the number one choice in solar systems!

Carl B.

Carl B.South East Queensland, QLD

My new solar edge Install

I had the Solar Edge panels etc. installed recently. The installers arrived on time and completed a no fuss installation the same day .They were very professional and left no rubbish behind.
The units are working great and have made a huge difference to my power account.
My future plan is to maybe update and have a battery storage system installed.

Dave H.

Dave H.South East Queensland, QLD

Loving how my Solaredge System works

Installed a Solaredge Storedge battery inverter ( ready for a battery and backup ) with some of their home automation products to run my pool, lights and AC unit. Love how simple it is use, easy to read monitoring app. Also love that I can see all my panels are working properly. Great investment

Green Grace

Green GraceCentral Queensland, QLD

Best products on the market.

I went with the best solar company in Mackay Qld., they are Solaredge experts.
They delivered on the best quality products, Solaredge of course, back up battery & monitoring, wow, super impressed.
Backed up by local service, you can't go wrong.
If you want the Rolls Royce of solar, then solaredge is the best value, nothing comes close to it.
Highly recommended.

Calvin P.

Calvin P.Central Queensland, QLD

Love SolarEdge!

The process was very easy. From start to finish. The company we used was local and have partnered with SolarEdge so we were very confident in the decision to install.

SE are most progressive solar company

Energy Partners have been using solaredge since we started. Reason being, the full transparency it gives our clients. No one can hide behind the product. If panel bypass diodes have failed, or inverter is not working, has not been installed correctly, customer is using more electricity everyone can see it. It is a product that gives the customer total peace of mind that what they have paid for is working correctly.

The best part is all the new products coming from solaredge EV charging, Batteries, home automation.

Excellent performance with added safety

We went with Solaredge for the added safety their optimised systems have and have not been disappointed. Excellent production and performance, have not had any issues. Our local installers are Solaredge experts an did an excellent job. We check our monitoring each night on mySolaredge app and it gives us a great insight into how much we've saved and where we can change habits to save even more. Highly recommended!

Kon

KonNorth Queensland, QLD

High End product - But ensure you get an expert to install

This product is at the very high end of the solar industry and packed with features. Make sure your installer is an expert and backs their workmanship. There is a little more work in setting these up but well worth it in the long run.

Brett A.

Brett A.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic product no issues with install

We have installed many Solar Edge systems and have found the process very easy. After completing the initial training we are very happy and confident in the system. When we do have warranty claims (like with all the inverter manufacturers we use) we have found the process quick and easy. Solar Edge is our go to inverter

Eddie S.

Eddie S.South East Queensland, QLD

Solid Product.

Great monitoring platform. Excellent performance and versatility in installation. The long term warranty and track record from this company gives great piece of mind when thinking of the future. Can't wait to use more if the smart home features Soo.

Dmac

Dmac

After sales service difficult

ADSL4Q989

ADSL4Q989Perth, WA

I have never seen a company that treats their customers so badly !!!

I don't understand how a company continues to keep a management board so ineffective! The products are of good quality however it is absolutely impossible to have any support or advice after the sale.

Bob Hardcastle

Bob Hardcastleasked

We have a Solar Edge inverter in our system, I would like some info and price for a back-up box.
Bob Hardcastle.
[Contact Details Removed]

Ingolf

Why are you not asking an installer?? Nobody can answer your question ---what is a back up box??

Allen R.asked

Hi,
We are looking at installing either SolarEdge System with Optimizers or Enphase Micro Inverter system as we have shading issues from trees of neighbors . Approximately 6.3 kW system due to available roof area. My question is what are your true thoughts about SolarEdge products and their warranty / customer support against Enphase products etc etc ?

Chelsea
Chelsea

I’d like to know too! I have shading issues and a neighbour recommended (not the solar provider) that I consider Solaredge. The provider has said it will be worth it, assuming I live in the property for 5+ years. I plan to ... but not sure the extra $2k is worth it?

Allen R.

I personally now feel that if the shading is being caused by your neighbors trees , which are out of your control, then solar is not your best investment. If your paying a premium price for the current most effective product against shading , and your system efficiency is only 75% based upon shading at this time then its a longer pay back period. Also as the system ages, the efficiency percentages drop further, and that is calculated on everything being perfect. Shading is not a friend of solar as we know , and can also lead to problems to panel damage based on resistance / voltage issues in the strings. I am sorry to say that in our case , that shading at our home, based upon trees of our neighbor's and having no control over rectifying the situation, has led us to believe Solar is not a viable preposition nor investment.

Bbalanced
Bbalanced

I chose REC panels and SolarEdge after extensive research of the SolarQuotes blog. In winter I knew there would be some shading and the optimisers have done their job. Only installed for a short time at present but it was winter/spring in Sydney so occasionally warm days and mixed bag other times. Very happy with performance, it is producing what my (experienced) installer predicted.

Jacob

Jacobasked

My 2 year old Solaredge is not generating any power. PAC showed 0.0 also it says battery internal fault. Customer service very bad. Send emails no reply

DISSATISFIED
DISSATISFIED

Jacob, can you call me on 0417753468 and I will attempt to help you

ADD
ADD

Who do I contact if my system is not performing as expected?
You should contact your solar installer for all performance-related inquiries

Get an answer from our members and Solar Edge representatives