Solar Service Group

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (150)
  • Purchase PriceA$6,723.69

don't hesitate

System Size0 KW

Dean F.

Dean F.Victoria

Attention avoid this company, services & products

Aileen Tesoriero

Aileen TesorieroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Making our own electricity

The boys from Solar Services were very polite and efficient. The batteries were installed in the time we were given. The installation was performed without inconveniencing us and their software application is very user friendly.

Customer S.Solar Service Group

Hi Aileen, thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. It's great to hear about your positive experience. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Paul B

Paul BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service and Information

Installed a Hive Battery which has already cut down my summer power bill. Excellent communication from Solar Service Group answering all my questions. Would highly recommend using for Solar Installation and Battery storage.

Panel PurchasedHive Battery
Purchase PriceA$5,600.00

Tucker

TuckerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excelent service from start to finish!!

We have had solar Panels installed ten years ago, by a company that has now gone out of business. On the seventh phone requesting a service, Solar Service Group agreed to come out and do it. Al the others were only interested in installing panels. The two young guys who came out explained what they were going to do, when finished confirmed all had been done. Explained how we could turn the system back on after a blackout. On time, very pleasant and even answered a question on why we did not have additional panels
Would definitely recommend the company every time!!

Panel PurchasedN/A
Purchase PriceA$399.00
Customer S.Solar Service Group

Hi Tucker, thank you for providing your feedback. It's great to hear your service with us has been excellent. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Johnno

JohnnoIllawarra, NSW

The Alpha Ess 2.9 has changed our understanding of our power usage

We had an Alpha Ess 2.9 installed in January 2019 & by monitoring the app over the course of 12 months we have been able to add additional modules & build a solar storage system to accommodate the specific requirements of our household. No more or less storage than we require!

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Battery Expansion Installation

Initially the Hive battery installation had an issue and I was not consulted to find a solution before the installation.
The expansion unit was not properly mounted against the wall beneath the main unit.
SSG has offered to correct the installation at no cost. It will require the dismounting of the unit while the bricks that stick out at floor level are cut back, then remounting. I would have preferred that the installation have been postponed until the wall could be adjusted.

• +5
Purchase PriceA$2,900.00
Customer S.Solar Service Group

I am excited about helping to save the planet through solar energy.

Installation was well planned, efficiently carried out and the installer were friendly and professional with their work.
The company was professional in their dealings and manner, from when we first received a letter in the mail, to making inquiries, to installation and follow up.

Panel PurchasedNew PV System

barry lovejoy

barry lovejoyHunter Region, NSW

The installation has been a great asset, reduced my power bill & added value to our home.

The panel installation went well, the installation guys were very professional and very helpful in regards to the questions we asked them. I have had no issues with the company but I had a message from Victoria to contact her but she has not rang me back. I have left 2 messages for her.

Panel PurchasedMONOCRYSTALLINE
System Size6 KW
Purchase PriceA$7,539.00
Customer S.Solar Service Group

Hi Barry, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. If you have any questions or issues in the future please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 70 71 72 or email us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au

Consider good investment

Happy with product and excellent service by contractors setup all working fine no panel installation only battery setup and commissioning as I have stated happy with product and very professional lnstallation of product.

Barbara Workman

Barbara WorkmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very professional

Battery installation was super easy, no mess and all pre installation information about what would happen was exactly correct. Looking forward to reaping the rewards with regard to energy, cost and the environment

Flis

FlisSouth East Queensland, QLD

helping us and helping the environment

The installation occurred sooner than I thought likely and was well handled by a a friendly tecnician who explained more about how the system worked and answered any questions that I had.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Panel PurchasedI already had panels but had a Hive battery installed to maximise the benefit from the panels

Review collected in partnership with Solar Service Group

Follow up annual service done professionally - impressed

The technicians arrived and fixed some minor issues I had and cleaned the panels. The system is now running better than ever. The technicians showed what they had done and provided some tips to monitor the panel performance. Most impressed.
Only issue was it took nearly 6 weeks for the technicians to arrive after booking the service

Customer S.Solar Service Group

Hi Peter, thanks for providing us with your feedback, we're pleased to hear your service went well and your system is running better than ever. If you ever have any queries or need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Richard Boddington

Richard BoddingtonPerth, WA

Very happy with the solar batteries and their performance

I recently had a Hive 5.0kw battery solar system installed to increase my independence from the grid and use the 5kw solar panel system more efficiently. The system has worked well for the past month and my use of the grid insignificant. The installation was undertaken promptly by a professional who located the system next to my inverter and answered all my questions and more regarding solar battery systems and how the Hive system could be easily expanded if I required greater storage - electric powered cars etc. More than happy to recommend Solar Service Group.

Panel PurchasedHive Storion SMILE and secondary battery
Purchase PriceA$7,500.00

Bazi

BaziGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I'm glad I made the decision

Solar services group well done, everything from installation to finished product fantastic. I am glad i decided to install solar when i did it's now buzzing away. A very happy customer

Steve & Jan

Steve & JanHunter Region, NSW

They did a great job - no regrets

System Size10 KW
Stephanie A.Solar Service Group

GnD

GnDHunter Region, NSW

Good Product .. Well Installed .. Great Outcome

The pre-install was good .. everything was explained and my questions were answered promptly. The installation presented problems to the team that could not have been anticipated but they worked hard to overcome them on a very hot day. The result is a very neat install in our garage. We've not issues with the company at all. We had a suggestion for an improvement (to overcome one of the installation issues) that we passed on and it was well received.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Panel Purchased1 x Alpha ESS B3 BOS; 1 x HIVE 2.9kWh Battery (Storion-SMILE-B3); 2 x Alpha ESS Multi Phase Meter Kit (ACR10R)
System Size2.9 KW
Purchase PriceA$6,000.00

Peter EdwardsSydney, NSW

Great Pre-Install Customer Service. Very very BAD after installation Customer Servicce.

The sales process and installation booking and installation all went well. Since installation have had an issue with my coffee machine and microwave turning off for no reason. Also my standing lamp comes on at the same time. Also since installation found that my Ethernet cable was cut by the installer when drilling holes for the battery.
I have rang Solar Services Group twice and left messages, with their call centre. Can't actually speak with anyone from the company direct. Also submitted a Technical support request on their website. Have hear nothing from them despite both messages with the call centre being marked as URGENT.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Panel PurchasedHive battery system
System Size6.8 KW
Purchase PriceA$9,500.00
Stephanie A.Solar Service Group

Hi Peter, I'm glad that we were able to rectify the fault promptly and as a result, your system is working perfectly. For any future enquiries, feel free to contact us at hello@solarservicegroup.com.au

All that was promised.

Two very nice blokes arrived on time as promised, explained what they would do, and within an hour they
had finished. The App was explained to me and they were gone inside the hour. Could not be happier with the finished job.

Panel PurchasedExisting 2Kw system
Purchase PriceA$6,169.00

Solar battery surprise

The installation was smooth and efficient with no interruptions to my day to day activities. It was amazingly quick. The installer took time to explain the workings of the battery and answer my questions. The software provided is easy to use. I would thoroughly recommend Solar Service Group.

Panel PurchasedHive

IAN H

IAN Hasked

How big are these batteries? Where are the located on the property? How many batteries are needed for any decent result? What do they cost?

Bindi V
Bindi V

Battery size depends on the battery you buy, mine is approx 400mm H x 200mm W x 20mm Wide. How many batteries depends on how many panels you have and how much power you want to store. the one I got allows me to add more panels, but the panels I have are capable of filling the battery. I found in summer the battery is still half charged in the morning from the day before. In winter, I only had to draw off the grid after continuous days of rainy black clouds, my electric bill is a quarter of what it use to be. My battery is attached to the houses outside wall and is hidden down the side of the back of the house, out of the way. somewhere were none of my guest ever go or even see. Cost will also come down to the model you purchase.

Customer S.Solar Service Group

Hi Ian, thanks for your question.

Batteries will vary in size depending on various household factors such as the size of the rooftop panel system, amount of solar production, household consumption and other installation factors. As a result, different households can experience benefits from a wide variety of battery sizes as long as they are able to store enough energy to be used throughout the evening, allowing you to draw less energy from the grid.

We have sent you a private message to discuss options and pricing, if you would like to get in touch with us in the meantime feel free to contact us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

Chick

Chickasked

My solar grid box in garage is saying relay failure???? I have turned everything off and back on but does not go back to normal...still shows “relay failure”. It is a True Value Solar product with a SolarRiver PV Grid-tied Inverter which the warranty says 10 years and purchased February 2012. In manual says disconnect PV (+) and (-) with DC input then reconnect them ????? How?????

Stan B.