Great Customer Service End to End

I was impressed from the first contact with Mariella from the sales team to Darren who was the Sparky who installed the battery. Communication was excellent and I was kept informed throughout the process. I am very happy with the result and the time frame from order to installation and the install quality.

You don't often find people today who take Customer Service seriously. Some do, but most don't seem to get it right as all in the organisation need to buy into the same ethos. As a member of the CSIA (Customer Service Institute of Australia) Customer Service is something I look out for and I try to take the time to mention it and give positive feedback when I do come across it in such a genuine way.

All I can say is "well done" to the Solar Service team who "got it right" throughout the process with my multiple interactions with the company.

Thanks.
Happy Customer.

Panel Purchased Goanna Alpha-ESS
System Size3 KW
Hi Jal, thank you for sharing the positive feedback from your customer experience with us. It's extremely pleasing to hear that the team provided you with a high quality experience. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Looking forward to receiving my next electricity account

My experience with the Solar Service Group has been uncomplicated, the process was explained well and the installation went seamlessly. By utilising the app for the monitoring system, I have already noticed a huge drop in my electricity usage. Very happy.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Rita, thank you for providing us with feedback from your installation with us. It's great to hear that you have already seen a drop in your electricity usage with the monitoring. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Excellent customer service

Easy process all the way throughout. Everyone we spoke to were able to answer questions that we had and explain the whole process thoroughly and were always professional. Thank you!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Lou, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent installation with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Buyer beware, if you want a battery as back up power - don't go with Solar Service Group!!!!!

The installation of the battery went really smooth, however, the battery has been emitting a high pitch noise since installation and despite numerous emails and conversations has not been rectified. I also had a black out and discovered that the battery was not configured to provide power to keep my lights on. The advertising says the battery provides back up power, the contract says back up power but to get back up power Solar Service Group want $1,000 + to deliver what was implicit in advertising and in contract, they have since offered this at $550! I don't have what I believe I payed for and now they are trying to get more money from me...buyer beware!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Leanne, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologise for any miscommunication that may have occurred regarding black-out protection. As we understand, our Technical Resolutions Team have been in contact with you today to reach a desirable outcome. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42 or email us on hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

Great product and a good job installing it.

Men turned up on nominated day and did a very tidy job on the side of my house. They completed the job in a timely manner and left no mess.

System Size3.7 KW
Hi Greg, thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your installation with us. Great to hear the installers did a tidy job for you. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.

A good experience

During the entire process, everything went ahead as planned and on schedule. We were kept well informed at every step. The technicians who did the actual installation of the battery were polite, knowledgeable and had amazing fitness. Thank you. (Only regret is that we should possibly have gone for a larger battery - perhaps this could have been identified in the pre-sales stage)

Panel Purchased Goanna Battery
System Size3.5 KW
Purchase Price $7,000.00
Hi Joyce, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad we were able to provide you with a 5-star customer experience. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us and let us know.

Great product

Installation process of our Solar Battery to go with our Solar Panels was easy and done very efficiently by the tech Darrin who installed it. He knew exactly what he was doing.
To date we have not had any issues with this company at all.

Panel Purchased Goanna Alpha-ESS Model: Storion-SMILE-B3
System Size-2 KW
Hi Di, thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your experience with us. It's great to hear that the installation by Darrin went well at your property. If there is anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

New Battery

Installation of battery went super smoothly. The technicians explained what they were doing, turned up exactly when they said they would, and answered any questions we had. Great friendly service!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Irene, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It's great to hear that you had a 5-star customer experience. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42 and let us know.

Great communication, installer on time and very easy to talk to answered all questions and explained in a way that made it easy to understand all over great experience. He took my phone call after he left site and answered other questions I had

System Size6.6 KW
Hi Leslie, thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent experience with us. It's great to hear that the installation went smoothly and the technicians answered all your questions clearly. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 40 41 42 and let us know.

Very Smooth and Efficient Process

The installation of our solar battery was very easy from our end. The technicians consulted with us about the best place to locate the battery, seemed knowledgeable and explained each of the steps to us. There was a small alteration required and the technician return the next day to rectify this. So far we have been impressed.

System Size2.9 KW
Hi Rhonda, thank you for your positive feedback from your solar battery installation with us, we're glad that you are pleased with the battery and its installation. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Very Happy

The installers were skilled and efficient and did a fabulous job. They were also knowledgeable and informative, explaining how it all works. They sited the battery well, and it was a very neat job.
Early days yet, but all looking good.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Jane, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. It's great to hear the installers did an excellent job. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

Enphase battery install on existing solar installation

The technician who installed our battery was very knowledgeable and took extra time to make sure the installation was neat with minimal impact to the outside facade of the building. A report was conducted on our existing panels with recommendations on what may have needed to be updated with our system to bring it up to current standards. On follow up, the second technician had a closer look at the recommendations in the report and believed everything was adequate. He suggested regular cleaning of panels to maintain maximum efficiency of the system. He also alerted us to several temporarily repaired broken tiles that may need attention in the near future.
In hindsight we would have been happier if Solar Service Group installed our solar panels and battery, but we were not aware of the company at the time we installed the panels.

Panel Purchased Phono Solar but not installed by Solar Service Group
System Size5 KW
Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience with us. It's great to hear that the installation went smoothly and the technicians provided high quality service. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 40 41 42 and let us know.

Early days, but looks promising and am looking forward toSpring for more sun to test properly.

No problems with installation. Was well informed and even a small change in the time of installation was easily managed. No subsequent issues at this point.
After installation contact has been good.

System Size3.2 KW
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We're glad to hear there were no issues with the installation and that the change in time was accommodated for. If there's anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Check your panels are strong enough for a battery

I received a letter to test a battery, contacted the company, agreed to have it installed and paid the deposit. I sent pictures of my existing solar inverter and electricity meter. The installers came and were unsure about a few things and after a couple of calls to the office, proceeded to install the battery and I made the full payment ~$6k. I checked to the battery website daily over the next few weeks which showed me many times the battery was charging only up to 15% max and many times drawing power from the grid. After many emails and calls, the company admitted they should not have offered me a battery as the solar panels were not strong enough and offered to remove the battery and install solar panels instead, however i would need to pay a further $1500 for the frame as they were going on a flat roof. There was also a mix up with the amount of panels - quoted 12 but only supplied 11.
The new panels appear to have made a significant difference with generating power for my home and for that i am happy, however I think whilst everyone i spoke to was very friendly, the company needs to be more honest and transparent with their customers and for this reason i am giving them a bad review. Both installers were good.

Panel Purchased Originally a goanna battery and then GoodWe panels
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $7,350.00
Hi Sylvia, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your patience throughout your installation with us, and have completed an internal investigation to ensure that this does not happen again. As I understand, the reason why there was 11 panels installed and supplied as opposed to 12 was due to them being installed on a different roof space than discussed. We're glad to hear that the panels are working beautifully for your household and have made a significant difference. We welcome any constructive feedback you have, and if there's anything that you would like us to improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42.

Good investment

It was a battery backup Not panels, The hole process from the start to the finish went smoothly, I found everyone polite and helpful, my questions were answered straightaway. I was told there was about a 8 week Waite, but it was installed in only about 4 weeks. Everything is running to how it should, from the time it was installed.

Panel Purchased Goana battery backup
Hi Peter, thank you for your positive feedback from your recent installation with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Hard sell tactics sound a note of caution

we contacted this company after receiving a letter about batteries. we were instantly subjected to hard sell scare tactics - demanding we pay a deposit on the product right then and there in order to secure it because there was such a limited supply of product and places in the testing scheme for the product. I don’t think genuine companies really need this tactic. AND guess what? less than a month later we received the same letter again. I’m not convinced these folk are not scammers.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Helen, thank you for reaching out to us about your recent experience. We can assure you the offer is not a scam, but instead a legitimate offer of products and services by an established and reputable provider. Please email us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au and we would be happy to discuss these matters further with you.Sorry, I won’t be doing that because I don’t cope with pressure sales and lies. If there were so few batteries and places available why send me another letter with the same offer?

Increasing solar panel performance by installing a battery

Having the battery connected to the solar panels is a must. Using the Battery monitoring system allows you to maximize what your panels collect. At any point in the day you can check how much power you are producing, using,charging the battery, drawing from the grid & feeding back into the grid. Things like when to put on the dryer or dishwasher can be optimized by the information you now have.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Paul, thank you for your positive feedback from your solar battery installation with us, we're glad that you are pleased with the battery and its monitoring system. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Using the solar rays to our benefit

Our installation of the ALPHA ESS Goanna Solar battery was professionally undertaken by Joel and Michael from Sunbank Solar. No issues were encountered and operationally the battery is giving us a better insight as to how the daily chores and appliances impact on the consumption of power.
The more sunshine going into the grid results in a greater benefit to us.
The Alpha ESS app really shows how the system can work to our benefit.
The sales and technical personnel of Solar Service Group have been found to be polite, understanding and knowledgeable. Phone calls get returned promptly.
We are very satisfied with the battery’s operation, the associated app and dealings with Solar Service Group.

Panel Purchased Alpha ESS Goanna
Purchase Price $6,085.00
Hi John, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42 and let us know.

Shame it hasn't worked the way it should

What a shame this group don't ensure their product is working the way it should, and their technicians don't take calls or return them.

I was not advised the batteries shouldn't be allowed to run down to empty. Apparently it shortens the life of the battery substantially. That means I should turn off the battery when I run the heating or have heating on a separate system not connected to the battery.

I'm still not able to access the online monitoring that I should be able to and the system was installed months ago. I've rung numerous times. I've had one call returned but didn't manage to resolve the problem. A technician was going to ring back weeks ago so I've rung again without success.

The operator I spoke to was nice to deal with however the problem continues to be unresolved.

Purchase Price $6,080.00
Hi Jill, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologise for the experience that you have received after your installation, as this is not up to our standards. As we understand, our Technical Resolutions Team have been in contact with you today to diagnose the issue with the online monitoring access and subsequently we will be in contact with you to resolve the monitoring issue. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42 or email us on hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

Goanna Solar Battery

We received a letter to participate in the initial Testing phase. We felt that this was a good idea and would hopefully reduce our electricity bills. The company was very professional and easy to deal with. We were kept up to date on the installation. Installation was quick and the guys were friendly.

Panel Purchased Goanna K29
Purchase Price $5,880.00
Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad that we could give you a very professional installation for your solar battery. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

I can not find your company on the approved Clean Energy Council list to get the government rebate , Is Solar Service Group a approved retailer ?
Hi Chossy, currently we are not CEC approved, however all of our installers and products are approved by the CEC. We have been investigating the process to become an approved retailer however there is an extensive waiting list at the moment. We do have another company which is CEC approved to be able to participate in Government Rebates, if you would like us to refer you to them or to learn more about our business feel free to give us a call on 1300 40 41 42.Thanks

You seem to have a lot of negative respones. Is this a product issue or installation? Jim
I have said nothing negativeHi Jim, thank you for your question. We work very hard to ensure that all our installations meet high standards through a thorough scoping and installation process. We currently install a wide range of products, each with their own distinctive purposes. If you would like to discuss any products that we install, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.You still, seem to have a lot of negative responses. Even if you are trying very hard. Jim

I cannot see many reviews that come from Melbourne That concerns me. Where have you been working within Melbourne? How long has the team worked together? How much experience do they have?
Hi Chris, thank you for your question. Our Head Office is located in Box Hill and we have installed and serviced systems all over Melbourne and greater Victoria. The team is backed by over 30 years' combined solar industry experience, and all our Technicians are accredited by the Clean Energy Council for all the work that they do installing solar products. We hope this clarifies some of your above queries, if you would like to learn more about our experience in solar, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 1300 40 41 42 or feel free to visit us at our Head Office at a time suitable for you.

CategorySolar Retailers