Solar Service Group

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (154)
  • Purchase Price$6,741.48

Stay clear of Groupon

Stay clear of GrouponSydney, NSW

Bad Service. Don't waste your money

Had Alpha ESS Goanna battery installed by 2 years ago. Made no difference to electricity bill by Solar Service Group
This company does not get back to you and the product does not work.
I agree with the other reviews that state almost all the same.

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. We have sent you a private message so that we may investigate your installation immediately.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.

Veteran

VeteranHunter Region, NSW

Solar Service Group waste of money

Trustworthiness
Frank Taylor

Frank TaylorPerth, WA

Purchase Enquiry

I am amazed at the lax (failure) response from Solar Service Group. I contacted them by e-mail-no response, by website query-no response, by telephone - where I did speak to someone who said he would refer my enquiry to the appropriate person. Since then still no response. My enquiry was related to the purchase of an additional slave battery. I would have thought that would generate a response - NO. I hope other customers are treated with better responses.

Naomi TPerth, WA

Solar NO Service

Bad service

Very bad service still waiting for the email you guys promised.
Debited $400 for the battery and also promised to send me an email with payment plan. Called several times and I’m yet to receive a call.
This is mis selling how do customers know if the offer is valid.
I was told that the battery is 50% off

Aris S.

Aris S.Southwest, VIC

Bad product, and no customer support

Sales pitch was “we will monitor your device and let you know when there is a problem “, for the 12th time in 13 months I have had to inform them

Rowan.

Rowan.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very pleased with product, installation and fault fixing.

Had additional battery capacity added to existing system, very neatly and quickly installed. Tech waited and was on phone to check all working correctly, with monitoring.

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Rowan, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

don't hesitate

Dean F.

Dean F.Victoria

Attention avoid this company, services & products

Aileen Tesoriero

Aileen TesorieroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Making our own electricity

The boys from Solar Services were very polite and efficient. The batteries were installed in the time we were given. The installation was performed without inconveniencing us and their software application is very user friendly.

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Aileen, thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. It's great to hear about your positive experience. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Paul B

Paul BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service and Information

Installed a Hive Battery which has already cut down my summer power bill. Excellent communication from Solar Service Group answering all my questions. Would highly recommend using for Solar Installation and Battery storage.

Tucker

TuckerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excelent service from start to finish!!

We have had solar Panels installed ten years ago, by a company that has now gone out of business. On the seventh phone requesting a service, Solar Service Group agreed to come out and do it. Al the others were only interested in installing panels. The two young guys who came out explained what they were going to do, when finished confirmed all had been done. Explained how we could turn the system back on after a blackout. On time, very pleasant and even answered a question on why we did not have additional panels
Would definitely recommend the company every time!!

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Tucker, thank you for providing your feedback. It's great to hear your service with us has been excellent. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Johnno

JohnnoIllawarra, NSW

The Alpha Ess 2.9 has changed our understanding of our power usage

We had an Alpha Ess 2.9 installed in January 2019 & by monitoring the app over the course of 12 months we have been able to add additional modules & build a solar storage system to accommodate the specific requirements of our household. No more or less storage than we require!

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Battery Expansion Installation

Initially the Hive battery installation had an issue and I was not consulted to find a solution before the installation.
The expansion unit was not properly mounted against the wall beneath the main unit.
SSG has offered to correct the installation at no cost. It will require the dismounting of the unit while the bricks that stick out at floor level are cut back, then remounting. I would have preferred that the installation have been postponed until the wall could be adjusted.

• +5Thumbnail
Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

I am excited about helping to save the planet through solar energy.

Installation was well planned, efficiently carried out and the installer were friendly and professional with their work.
The company was professional in their dealings and manner, from when we first received a letter in the mail, to making inquiries, to installation and follow up.

barry lovejoy

barry lovejoyHunter Region, NSW

The installation has been a great asset, reduced my power bill & added value to our home.

The panel installation went well, the installation guys were very professional and very helpful in regards to the questions we asked them. I have had no issues with the company but I had a message from Victoria to contact her but she has not rang me back. I have left 2 messages for her.

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Barry, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. If you have any questions or issues in the future please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 70 71 72 or email us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au

Consider good investment

Happy with product and excellent service by contractors setup all working fine no panel installation only battery setup and commissioning as I have stated happy with product and very professional lnstallation of product.

Barbara Workman

Barbara WorkmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very professional

Battery installation was super easy, no mess and all pre installation information about what would happen was exactly correct. Looking forward to reaping the rewards with regard to energy, cost and the environment

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Flis

FlisSouth East Queensland, QLD

helping us and helping the environment

The installation occurred sooner than I thought likely and was well handled by a a friendly tecnician who explained more about how the system worked and answered any questions that I had.

Peter Nash

Peter Nash

Follow up annual service done professionally - impressed

The technicians arrived and fixed some minor issues I had and cleaned the panels. The system is now running better than ever. The technicians showed what they had done and provided some tips to monitor the panel performance. Most impressed.
Only issue was it took nearly 6 weeks for the technicians to arrive after booking the service

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Peter, thanks for providing us with your feedback, we're pleased to hear your service went well and your system is running better than ever. If you ever have any queries or need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Stay clear of Groupon

Stay clear of Grouponasked

My battery is not working and no answer when I call 1300 40 41 42.
What is the number to call if problems?

Naomi T

That is the only number they have. Not surprised that you don't get an answer. It usually goes to a message bank & then they don't return your call anyway. You can try emailing them...
technicalresolutions@solarservicegroup.com.au
support@solarservicegroup.com.au

Good luck!

Hi Naomi,

Could you please provide me with your mobile number and order number so I may review your case?

IAN H

IAN Hasked

How big are these batteries? Where are the located on the property? How many batteries are needed for any decent result? What do they cost?

Bindi V
Bindi V

Battery size depends on the battery you buy, mine is approx 400mm H x 200mm W x 20mm Wide. How many batteries depends on how many panels you have and how much power you want to store. the one I got allows me to add more panels, but the panels I have are capable of filling the battery. I found in summer the battery is still half charged in the morning from the day before. In winter, I only had to draw off the grid after continuous days of rainy black clouds, my electric bill is a quarter of what it use to be. My battery is attached to the houses outside wall and is hidden down the side of the back of the house, out of the way. somewhere were none of my guest ever go or even see. Cost will also come down to the model you purchase.

Customer ServiceSolar Service Group

Hi Ian, thanks for your question.

Batteries will vary in size depending on various household factors such as the size of the rooftop panel system, amount of solar production, household consumption and other installation factors. As a result, different households can experience benefits from a wide variety of battery sizes as long as they are able to store enough energy to be used throughout the evening, allowing you to draw less energy from the grid.

We have sent you a private message to discuss options and pricing, if you would like to get in touch with us in the meantime feel free to contact us at hello(at)solarservicegroup.com.au.

Chick

Chickasked

My solar grid box in garage is saying relay failure???? I have turned everything off and back on but does not go back to normal...still shows “relay failure”. It is a True Value Solar product with a SolarRiver PV Grid-tied Inverter which the warranty says 10 years and purchased February 2012. In manual says disconnect PV (+) and (-) with DC input then reconnect them ????? How?????

Get an answer from our members and Solar Service Group representatives