Toomas J.

System Size6 KW

Toddys

ToddysCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Testla Battery supply and install

I had quite a bit of trouble getting a quote for a battery, thankfully Joel at Solargain Melbourne and Paul from Perth were very helpful and did no ask for upfront payments. I had some issues with my finance due to an uexpected event and had to put my quote on hold. I then found out that our suburb had been put on the Solar rebate with Solar Vic. I immediatley contacted Joel and he quickly updated my quote and put it on the solar vic portal so I could apply.
Everything went smoothly (although slowly with Solar Vic) and had our battery installed this last weekend by two great chaps. We could not be happier with the service and professionalism provided us by Solargain staff all round.
thanks to you all.

Panel Purchased Testla Battery
Steve2019

Steve2019Peel, WA

Spotters fee

The actual product is very good but the people that recommended us to Solargain have not received any reward. We have recommended two others and have received a spotters fee ($100.00) for one. When I contact to find out if I am getting a rewards it's always, "I'll pass this on to the rep". Don't expect me to forward any more names.

Panel Purchased Fronius
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $3,800.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Steve, thank you for notifying us. We have sent you a message for more information so we can sort this out for you. Kind regards, Solargain.

Tim46Melbourne

2Kw micro inverter array installed but Envoy failed less than 3 years in.

Was reasonably happy with the install although the sales guy on the phone didnt know much about how solar panels function when the sun was low in the sky. Anyway the install was fine and everything was good until the Enphase Envoy stopped reporting data. Solar gain sent a tech out who concluded their was "noise" in our power cables and that was messing with the Envoy. We tried moving it to other power points, testing where the noise might be coming from but it was all inconclusive. In the end Solar gain just said we'd have to buy an updated version for over $600!!! It was still under warranty but the "noise" issue is apparently our problem even though it worked fine for 2.5 years. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend.

System Size2 KW
Purchase Price $4,200.00

Mark Harrison

Mark HarrisonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great installation

Just had a 5kw solar system installed.
What a great team
No hassle installation by a great groupof people.
Also goes to the sales and office team
Well done to all and can't wait for the arrival of Energex to get it producing power
Well informed on how to monitor production and system
Had to change installation on roof but worked out better for production

Panel Purchased Jinko
System Size5 KW
SolargainSolargain

Hi Mark, thank you very much for taking time to leave us such an amazing review! Kind regars, Solargain.

The D.

The D.

Worst decision

SolargainSolargain

Hello, thank you for providing your feedback and apologies that you have not been satisified with your system performance. We have just sent you a private message for more information. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fiona

FionaNorth Queensland, QLD

Very good

Friendly and knowledgeable stuff, on time and complete a very good job. No up front payment, no hidden costs. I would recommended to anyone that need a Solar Hot Water System.

Panel Purchased 300L iheat
System Size3 KW
Purchase Price $2,990.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Fiona, thank you very much for the great review! We're so happy to hear how pleased you have been with our service and products. Kind regards, Solargain.

SarahB

SarahBBrisbane

12,000$ system not working

This company was proficient at selling an installing the service. But they failed to do the engineering required to ensure the system would function. We're on rural residential with a long wire run to the street and that situation causes the system to turn on and off due to an overload. The second technician that arrived said the first team should have immediately known the system would fail to operate. Some fixes were made (took a month at least during which we couldn't run our system) and still the system shuts on and off. If you have anything slightly different than the suburban norm, this company might not have the brain power to suit.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Sarah, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience! We have reported this to management so we can improve our services. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Craig

Craig

Superb product installed by an excellent team.

Solargain responded to my quote request promptly and on a long weekend. The salesperson was friendly and knowledgeable. The price was great. It was installed very quickly and professionally. No fuss, no mess. Brilliant product. Very very happy.

Panel Purchased iStore Hot Water System
Purchase Price $2,900.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Craig, we're so happy to hear this! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Kind regards, Solargain.

Reliable and professional.

A good installation team and no issues.I would recommend Solargain to anybody.They took away all the old items and left the site clean and tidy.
They were very competent and we are well satisfied.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Bill, thank you very much for the review! We're very happy to hear this.
Kind regards, Solargain

Not so NAUGHTY

Not so NAUGHTY

Had a system installed in 2011 3 kw panels with 4 kw solar king inverter.

Had a system installed in 2011, 3 kw panels with 4 kw inverter solar king inverter cost at time 9k investment .Total inverter failure at 3.5 years inverter replace by solargain with a reconditioned unit we paid the service call thinking that Solar gain would again warranty the replacement inverter for another 5 years .Unfortunately that inverter has now totally failed and according to Solargain is out of warranty as they only cover inverter from the original first installation and only option is to pay them 3215 dollars for a replacement inverter ,you would think such a large company would help people out not screw them over very unhappy , Solar system is now useless after only 8 years feel very ripped off by Solargain.

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional Company

My Solar Hot water system with booster recently started leaking so I contacted Solargain and found Matt to be very helpful. He even provided a small electric system while our system was leaking badly to see us through until the new system was installed. Everyone was very professional and friendly and the system is working perfectly. I had a 315L hot water system with 2 panels and the booster. We would recommend them.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Jen, this is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Solargain.

Patto

PattoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems a great product but no support

Panel Purchased unsure
System Size5 KW
Purchase Price $8,000.00

Jay

JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very professional

Dealing with Solargain was an easy process and they conducted themselves in a very professional manner. They are very knowledgeable on their products and pricing seems to be at the reasonable side if you compare them to their competition.

Panel Purchased iStore Heatpump
Purchase Price $2,790.00
SolargainSolargain

Hi Jay, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing Solargain. Kind regards, Solargain.

Careless Service

SolargainSolargain

Extremely happy with this company

We went to Solargain after our original installer went out of business and were on our second warranty claim on a Chinese Inverter. We found everyone, in particular Simone and Ebonnie, to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and very patient. We now have a Fronius European Inverter with a 10yr warranty which was installed very quickly and one we feel very comfortable with. We really should have gone to Solargain 5 years ago, their company is very professional and make you feel very confident. Communication is a big factor and our calls and emails were always answered immediately as were responses to any queries, of which we had lots considering the let downs from our previous experiences. Many thanks Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Chris, this is so great to hear! Thank you for your wonderful feeback, we will definitely share your review with the team. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55, if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Solargain.

Happy with the service

Installation was done in less than 3 weeks after accepting the quotation. Installers came on time and advised where everything will go before starting the installation. James, the salesperson was very good at explaining the system and communicating progress before the installation date. This is the second solar power system I have used Solargain.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Paul, thank you very much for writing such a great review! We're happy to hear you were impressed with our team and thank you for choosing Solargain for both your systems. Kind regards, Solargain.

Andrei

AndreiMelbourne

I wanted to like them, I really did

Panel Purchased Jinko Solar with Fronius inverter
SolargainSolargain

Hi Andrei, we're very sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with Solargain. We have sent you a private message for more details so we can investigate this for you. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Adam E.

Adam E.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

What a great experience

Right from the start was a smooth sailing, after so many questions I get a quotation. No money in front. Not even deposit.Three installers comes on time. Very professional well organised. Just after lunch my new solar panels start pumping power into the grid,what a great experience, I am give them the highest score. Well done guys.

System Size7.4 KW
Purchase Price $7.40
SolargainSolargain

Hi Adam, this is great to hear! Thank you for the great review and feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

Neil Bolton

Neil BoltonKambah 2902, ACT

A perfect experience

I can't stress how professional this process was. One thing I'll make clear: the biggest system is the best. 40% panels south-facing and they're all cranking out lots of electricity.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Panel Purchased Jinko JKM315M-60 - 63 of them.
System Size20 KW
Purchase Price $15,200.00

Gary

Garyasked

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.

SolargainSolargain

Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

David

Davidasked

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale

SolargainSolargain

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.

Golly

David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water.
Regards

SolargainSolargain

Hi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

jen

jenasked

experiences for a replacement solar system please

SolargainSolargain

Hi Jen, we'd be more than happy to chat to you about your options. Please feel free to give our Service Department a call on 08 9550 1550.

Get an answer from our members and Solargain representatives