I wanted to like them, I really did

I really tried hard to like this company. The first experience with the sales rep was great, it went downhill from there.
First, the installation wasn't completed on the day. To be fair this is due to complexity of my roof structure (in the end there were no issues). Then the completion was scheduled and rescheduled from one day to another, so I had to rearrange stuff at work 3 times to be at home as per the requirement. Then I find out that I was charged $200 extra for the terracotta tile roof, which I wasn't informed about in advance. Only found out about it by chance when I asked for a solar quote for my parents and my in-laws which was cheaper than mine.
As for the solar system - my first installation day was 15 August. Today is 11 September and the system is installed but I am still weeks away from receiving any real benefits from solar. I am yet to see and sign STC documents (supposed to happen on the day, that's why I had to be in the house for the install in the first place), meaning that my electricity retailer has no idea that I have solar installed, and when I sign the documents it will take another 5 weeks for them to configure the smart meter and put me on solar tariff.
The reason for the delay? Apparently the installer didn't pass on the serial numbers to Solargain. The panels were delivered to my house on 15 August and Solargain still doesn't know what the serial numbers are. Another email, another excuse.
Very poor communication between Solargain and their third party installers, the worst I've seen in years and I work in a similar environment where we have subcontractors for everything. With these guys - the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Also when the installer was configuring my inverter I asked a question and he said and I quote: "this is the first time of me doing it, so no idea". Very reassuring. Anyway, I am now having second thoughts for recommending Solargain to my relatives, and they have already accepted the quotes. 2/5.

Panel Purchased Jinko Solar with Fronius inverter
Hi Andrei, we're very sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with Solargain. We have sent you a private message for more details so we can investigate this for you. Alternatively, please call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

What a great experience

Right from the start was a smooth sailing, after so many questions I get a quotation. No money in front. Not even deposit.Three installers comes on time. Very professional well organised. Just after lunch my new solar panels start pumping power into the grid,what a great experience, I am give them the highest score. Well done guys.

System Size7.4 KW
Purchase Price $7.40
Hi Adam, this is great to hear! Thank you for the great review and feedback. Kind regards, Solargain.

A perfect experience

I can't stress how professional this process was. One thing I'll make clear: the biggest system is the best. 40% panels south-facing and they're all cranking out lots of electricity.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Panel Purchased Jinko JKM315M-60 - 63 of them.
System Size20 KW
Purchase Price $15,200.00

Invested in 2 solar systems.

Solargain was recommended to me by a friend. He recommended I call a salesman by the name of Tom Liston. He asked all the right questions regarding my needs and then recommended the systems I needed to provide me maximum returns on my investment. Tom was not just a salesman, he also had a high level of technical knowledge of the product. I considered the recommendation which was a bit above my budget. Tom negotiated on my behalf and successfully met my budget. The installers were very professional and treated us and our property with respect. Solargain handled all the paperwork and organised our govt solar rebate. A huge bonus was the exceptional after-sales service, it was impeccable.

Panel Purchased Jinko
System Size11.2 KW
Hi Lawry, thank you very much for your feedback and kind words about our team. We're so pleased to hear this and wish you all the best. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fast quoting, great pricing and an excellent result

I contacted the local agent and received a quote back within 24 hours. I was a little concerned when the quote didn't have the timer switch for the hot water system and the Emergency Power Supply listed. I called and they advised they were included in the quote including the 10 m run to the inverter and battery from the meter box. There pricing was notably cheaper than the other 4 I recieved quotes from

I signed my quote with notes of our call and was notified by my energy supplier and application had been submitted within 3 hours of submitting the acceptance.

Within 4 days I was called to book in the installation.

On install day the guys doing the work were amazing.

Very happy .

Panel Purchased Jinko JKM315M-60, 4.8kWh battery and Sungrow Inverter
System Size6 KW
Hi David, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're pleased to hear you're happy with your system and the process was smooth. Wishing you all the best, Solargain.

excellent service, friendly and informative staff

installation appeared straight forward. Two staff took 3 hours. Talked me through different placement options when fixing the wall mount unit. Sequenced the electrician to attend site immediately after install and connect the unit. I had hot water within a couple of minutes after the install. Payment was made easy.

Panel Purchased unsure - 2 panels
Hi Paul - great to hear! Thanks so much for your review. All the best, Solargain.

Very good product and wonderful service!

Our gas hot water service died on a Friday. I called Solargain because they installed a replacement inverter to our PV panel system. The salesman, Rob, listened to my description of the situation and offered me two solutions. I went for the heat pump option which is programmed to run during daylight hours and therefore uses our own power. On the following day a tradesman arrived with a small electric HWS to get us through until the new unit could be installed on Tuesday. The new unit arrived on time, was installed quickly, the old unit was removed, the area cleaned up and I was given a verbal run down with demonstrated procedures to keep things going. I also received a comprehensive operating manual but all the settings had been done anyway. The guys took away the temporary loan HWS and we were again showering with lots of lovely hot water. Great product and exceptional service from sales and installation staff. Could not speak more highly of them. I would, and will, recommend this company to anyone. Go Solargain!!!

Panel Purchased Heat pump hot water service
Purchase Price $2,700.00
Hi Irene, we're so glad we could assist, especially in a time of need! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch. Wishing you all the best, Solargain.

quality service and knowledgeable staff

The process and service were fantastic.
the office personnel were efficient and pleasant to deal with.
the installation staff were friendly , informative and very professional in their approach.
The job was left in a tidy state and well presented, all rubbish and old components were removed.

Panel Purchased It was a HWS
Hi Cameron, thanks so much for your review! All the best, Solargain

poor quality after sales service

Hot water system failed after less than three years. The switch for the booster seemed clearly faulty, something was clearly 'not right' about it when switched on, and flicked off of own accord. Described problem accurately to Solargain who concluded was likely the element or the thermostat (neither covered by warranty btw) as that is what it "usually is". Sent the repairman. When he arrived we immediately described the problem to him (that something was wrong with the switch) - his repsonse "oh I don't deal with that, can't touch it". Proceeded to charge us a call out and went on his way. Now we have to get electrician. Had they listened to us and explained that repairman could not deal with electrical issues we would have called an electrician in first place. Waste of money and more days without hot water.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Jen, Firstly, apologies for your frustrations with the hot water switch. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so I have sent you a message in order to investigate this matter further. Alternatively, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 to discuss. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar hot water system

we love our new Solar Hot Water System, Solargain were very helpful and prompt when I phoned them for a quote, and also fitting us in for a very quick installation, within a week, thankyou, we love our new system
Kathy

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Kathy, it's great to hear you're loving your new solar hot water system. Thank you for the great review! Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar HWS. Great product - Great Service

Solargain Hot Water system installed. Single level with installation by small truck with a Hiab which easily reached over existing electricity solar panels and roof ridge. Competative pricing and happy with the installation. Highly recommended.

Panel Purchased Solargain 300lt twin flat panels
Purchase Price $2,990.00
Thank you Murray for the great rating and review! Kind regards, Solargain

Installation process is good but after service is bad

Installation process is smooth. But after service is bad. Govt has chose my house for inspection and found lot of issues with the installation, i have contacted regarding this from October 2018, 2- 3 times but till now the problems are not rectified.

Panel Purchased Jinko poly crystalline
System Size6.4 KW
Purchase Price $5,190.00
Hi Shree, thank you for the feedback. I can see your case is being actioned by our QLD office, for your reference your case number is SC#58250. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there is anything else we can help you with. Kind regards, Solargain.

Amazing company & hard working efficient installers

Fabulous company to deal with from the co-ordinators, quotes department & amazing installers. The lovely men that installed our new system worked through rain, hail and wind! They made sure they came the day prior as the day of installation there was a storm forecast, so they came and set up for the next day so they would be able to work between rain & hail, safely and efficiently.

The lovely ladies I spoke with in the head office were friendly and personable. Easly to liaise with and happy to answer even the simplest-seeming of questions with no judgment.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Panel Purchased Fronius Primo Inverter 5.0, Solar Panels & iStore Solar Hot Water System
System Size5 KW
Hi Kirby - we're so glad we could help make this experience a pleasant one for you. We see a lot of customers will all kinds of experience and knowledge about solar, which is why we encourage all types of questions - there's really no silly question! If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Solargain.

Quick efficient service

Solargain were professional and very helpful from the first phone call. They were on time and the installation was done within the time stated. Would recommend them highly to anyone

System Size300 KW
Purchase Price $2,815.00
Hi Michelle - thank you so much for your review! We're pleased to have been given the opportunity to assist you in going solar. All the best, Solargain.

Great product

We now have installed nine panels and a 2kw Froneus inverter. We are producing solar energy and lowering our power bill. We also installed an i Store hot water system to compliment our solar panels it was a great choice. The workmen could not be faulted. Very professional .

System Size2 KW
Hi Golly, thank you very much for your review! We're so glad we could find you a renewable energy solution to meet your needs. All the best, Solargain.

Avoid Solargain and their subcontractor Elite Solar

Solargain and Elite Solar do not know the technology they are installing. Solargain sent their subcontractor Elite Solar to my house to install a 10kW system. They recommended that the inverter be installed by the front door. I asked if there would be any noise and was told there be a slight hum. When the system was first turned on it was quite noisy and I queried the installer who confessed that he had only installed small inverters before and didn't realise an 8kW inverter would be so loud. The Fronius inverter is so noisy that it is unpleasant to sit in the yard in front of the house. Solargain came out to inspect the inverter and agreed it was noisy. A month later they said it would cost $1500 to relocate. I disagreed. They came back and said they would move it for $750. I disagreed. Now Solargain do not reply to my emails.

Additionally, Elite Solar punctured 8 holes through my cathedral ceiling by mistake. On the first day Elite Solar turned up and said I needed to upgrade the cable from my switchboard to street, which has cost about $2000.

My recommendation is to avoid Solargain, Elite solar, and Fronius inverters.

Panel Purchased Qcells
System Size10 KW
Hi Jesse, thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience. We're investigating your case and will be in touch again shortly to discuss. Your Service Case number is #59109. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.Thanks Kayla. I was dealing with Jess McQuadeHi Jesse, I can see in the case file that it's been escalated to management, so you will likely hear from Huia shortly. I followed up with her today and she's liaising with Elite Solar. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

Ahh.. Warm water again!!! Thank you

The whole process to purchase and install my Solargain hot water system was extremely simple and was helped by the terrific customer service I received. I spoke with Wayne about what I needed and how my old system no longer worked he gave advice and checked and on acceptance of the quote I had my solar system installed in two days!!! No long waits. The 3 men that came to install were just wonderful and knew what they were doing and on time. Julian explained what was happening and they left the job clean and tidy and at all times really friendly and approachable to deal with. They showed my house respect and even when having to cut some lattice around a connection, showed respect by cutting around and leaving it neat and tidy as it was before. Thank you very much for the terrific service And I highly recommend.

Panel Purchased Solargain 300L/20 twin panel
Hi Dawn, thank you very much for your review! Your feedback is incredibly important and we're so glad we could assist you in this process. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

True hot water for first time in 5 years

From the moment I contacted Solargain till I shook hands with Julian at the completion of the installation they were an absolute pleasure to deal with. We had our 10 year old useless Solarhart system removed and a new Solargain system installed in 1 hour, a couple of hours later we had our first truly hot water in approximately 5 years and Julian also managed to increase our hot water pressure. The guys were very professional and kept me informed of what was happening all through the installation. Don't be fooled into paying over the odds by certain companies thinking you're getting better quality, the difference between this system and out previous one is night and day.

Panel Purchased Solargain 300ltr
Purchase Price $2,700.00
Hi John, this is so great to hear! We're pleased our team were able to assist. If you have any issues at all, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

efficient and cost effective replacement of rooftop solar

Solargain's team of young installers arrived as arranged and with minimum fuss removed my old system and replaced it with a new double panel Solargain HWS. In the process updating installation to current regulations. Courteous efficient and cost effective. Recommended.

Panel Purchased solargain
System Size2,400 KW
Purchase Price $2,950.00
Hi John, thank you for your review! Glad to hear everything went well. If you need any assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Kayla from Solargain.

Solar HWS

Purchased a split system HWS after checking out competitors pricing and products. Happy with sales service, all questions answered and happy with install from very competent crew. Arrived and installed as promised no fuss, good service all rubbish removed as agreed. I recommend.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Peter, thanks so much for your review! We're so glad we could assist you in this process. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, Solargain.

I have just had a solar system installed and they put the wrong panels on my roof. They gave me 22 stp 300s suntech panels and we should have had 21 315 watt trina split cell panels. My question is should I get them to swap the panels to the correct panels or are the ones I have been given just as good and I leave them on the roof save messing about.
Hi Gary, was the system installed by Solargain or a different company? We don't stock the products you're referring to (Trina or Suntech). If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please call us on 1300 73 93 55 and ask for our Service Department.

Some years ago Solar Gain put us in 6 panels and later a new hot water system. We were impressed with the service but would like some advice/quotes on possibly upgrading the current system we have. We live in Maida Vale
Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy to hear that you're impressed with Solargain! We've sent you a message regarding the advice/quote. Kind regards, Solargain.David, like you we installed six panels and a 1.2 kW inverter along with a solar hot water system with a gas booster. The solar panels was via solargain and after ten years our inverter failed. Our hot water tank started leaking so we had Solargain install 9 panels, a 2 kW inverter and an i store hot water system. So far we are very happy but it has only been installed for about five weeks. We are producing a lot more energy and lots of hot water. Regards GollyHi Golly, thank you for the advice. iStore is an exciting new & innovative product and we are sure that you will be very happy with it. We look forward to getting your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Solargain.

experiences for a replacement solar system please
Hi Jen, we'd be more than happy to chat to you about your options. Please feel free to give our Service Department a call on 08 9550 1550.

Solargain