Great concept, bland food.

I should start off by saying that the company is very organised and professional, meals arrive when expected, and it is an easy system to use online. With that said, the food itself is not great. I understand that flavour and taste is a very subjective thing, however, I found most meals very bland. A lot of my meals were curry based and they had absolutely no flavour! I would suggest that they hire new chefs or find better recipes.

Meal Plan(s)15 Meals per Week

Tasty lovely nutritious plant food but ...

The meals are brilliantly nutritious interesting and fresh! However automatic second week order went through morning after meals arrived. Not enough time to taste & review or amend order. Therefore I cancelled subscription but may re order again soon and try other dishes.

Love their meals!

My son’s girlfriend is vegan and I find it a challenge to cook for her when I have the family over for a meal. Soulara was recommended and it was a great find! 3 portions of the Pesto pasta made a delicious salad for 8 people and the dahl was a great hit with my son’s girlfriend. I used the extra meals during my work week and I particularly loved the stir fry and the curry dishes. The food taste home-made and the meals are a boon when I come home too tired to cook on weeknights. I will definitely be ordering again.

Very impressed with the Customer Service

I have been ordering from Soulara weekly for a few months now and have always been impressed with the quality of the meals. Today (Sunday) my order was delivered and it was wrong. I logged onto the website and started a chat with Lisa and let her know what happened. Less then five minutes the courier was back at my door with the correct order. Great customer service and even on a Sunday!

Meal Plan(s)9 Meals per Week

Smoothest delivery ever - cheers!

Been seeing your ads on Insta for ages and finally decided to order. Just wanted to say how impressed I was with how easy it all was! On my delivery day, I got a text letting me know when my food was coming (so didn’t have to wait home all day for it) and the driver came on time. He was super-polite and my food arrived looking perfect. Easiest online ordering ever, I’m never cooking again haha!

I Can't go without the Paleo Peanut Butter Cups

I've been eating Soulara for over 6 months now and am loving it :) My favourite meals are the Sunkissed Pesto, Mushroom Bourguignon and Enoki Magi Soba. And I can't go without the Paleo Peanut Butter Cups - um YUM!! - for a sweet treat. Honestly, I love fresh home-cooked healthy meals and used to cook at home a lot. But last year I started a new job and sadly don't often have the time (or energy lol) now... your meals are the next best thing. I don't have to stress about what to eat or find time to do a huge grocery shop each week, but I still know I'm eating healthy real food. One request: can you do a healthy crunchy peanut butter bliss/protein ball?? That would make me SO happy!

They lost me

There is a cut off to alter your order on Saturday morning. They claim it is fresh however they state they cook on Sunday and you don't get it until Friday. Fresh to me isn't one week old food. (however, it all tasted nice)
They are very strict on the cut off time. I once had insufficient funds in my account and they sent an email letting me know. I fixed the issue asap and wrote back to them to let them know it was ok to then take the money but they ignored me and I missed my order. I don't feel like they value their customers on a personal level. If one of my clients who spent $129 a week with me failed to make a payment on the "cut off time", I would call them and make sure I didn't miss their business but also that they didn't miss my service. - They didn't seem to care at all.
Most meals are pretty small and low calorie, so for someone who is active or male, you will be left hungry.
I really wanted to love Soulara as I strongly support plant based/vegan companies, however I don't think the money is worth it.

Meal Plan(s)12 Meals per Week

AMAZING FOOD! You will get hooked from the first order!

I've never been a fan of pre-packaged food but Soulara has completely changed my view! The food comes in easy to prepare packaging. All you need to do is pierce the top a few times, heat for 3-3.30 minutes and let it sit for a minute then enjoy! We have two children under 4 so feeding them comes first. This leaves us little time to feed ourselves so the convenience of Soulara really suits our needs.

My weight has come down 12 kgs in 4 months by changing to a plant based diet. I'm a 40 year old tradesman who loves meat. It was hard at the start thinking of what to eat but Soulara opened my eyes to how good plant based food can taste. I still eat a little meat to keep a balanced diet but could happily eat Soulara every day!

The food has a shelf life of just over a week, which means the freshness is perfect when opened. Some of the other meals have a longer shelf life depending on what you choose.

The only negative I have is wondering what to choose each week!

Meal Plan(s)9 Meals per Week

A great mix of sweet and savoury options

Working as a lawyer, the hours can be unpredictable and long. I often find myself struggling to fit everything into my day and more often than not reaching for an unhealthy option to eat, just because it is easy. The meal delivery service is appealing to me for both health and convenience reasons. I had been wanting to try a meal delivery service for some time but found it hard to find something that had a variety of options for vegetarians and healthy food. Soulara has so many options and I like that you can pick the meals yourself and see all the ingredients in the meal before choosing the meals you would like delivered, as I can be fussy. Soulara has a great mix of sweet and savoury options.

Amazing

So far, so good.Only on my first week but the food is amazing. We are enjoying every meal so far. Have placed another order for next week. I personally love cooking from scratch but have been ill, so this is a great option!

Expired food

Website states meals will last 7 days but mine expire in 5 or 6 days. It is delivered on a Friday which means they won't last me for next week's lunches. Defeats the purpose of ordering them if they don't last Monday-Friday which is when most people don't wan't to cook.

Cancelled my subscription straight away!

Loving it !

Loving my experience with Soulara thus far. The girls are fantastic to communicate with. My order was delivered promptl and refrigerated nicely. I’m onto my 3rd meal and they really taste great! I read in other reviews that’s they have no flavour which is a blatant lie! These people must have no taste buds and don’t eat vegan food regularly. The ingredients are fresh and there is a lot of thought and love in their food which I love because I do the same when I make my own meals. This is just way easier for me, Im onto something good here and look forward to trying everything in the lunch / dinner range! I also love that they locally source ingredients and that the packaging is environmentally friendly. The amount of packaging I go through from normal grocery shopping is ridiculous. Thank you Soulara for the great experience service and product, I have been and will continue to tell everyone about your fantastic meals and service x Sheree and Zak x

Meal Plan(s)18 Meals per Week

soulara

I absolutely love my soulara meals, i think theyre very tastey and filling! I love the variety and how fresh they are, i will continue to use them as they are soooo convenient and afforable! in my person experience i have found them to be super helpful when my payments have failed and i have missed the cut off date!

shoutout to Tiff! she's been great to deal with :)

Meal Plan(s)15 Meals per Week

Advice for those reading these reviews

I read reviews Before placing my first order, the negative comments bothered me. This was first time I considered ordering someone else’s food online, I am stay home mum and cook yummy food from scratch, but I just broke my toe ( ouchie )....
Right now I am enjoying Golden Glow stir- fry, it’s tasty .
And tahini balls are just like I would make them....
To be honest, there was a little problem with order, but INSTEAD of leaving nasty comment, I went on chat first and lovely girl who was available very quickly , sorted it out.
I did not want to have more deliveries , only one week , so I asked them how to cancel my subscription, it was easy and very clear on the website, if you have problem - instead of go about complaining, why not Learn to Communicate + find out what you need.

When you read a negative review, check if the person addressed the issue with the company First and how it was rectified. And if you don’t like the food, don’t order it again , they surely can’t please everyone’s tastebuds ... but don’t rush to write mean words that are actually a reflection on your character more than the people you ordered from.
Be kind people, if it was YOUR business, how would YOU like dissatisfied customers address issues ?
Hope this helps someone , blessings

Soulara snacks are yummy

I am addicted to the bliss balls! The choc ones and the new ones. Best dessert or snack for my sweet tooth and the best part is I don't have to feel guilty about it.

So much easier with Soulara

It used to be hard finding healthy food without animal products when I was out but with Soulara I don't have to worry about that. It is so much easier to stick to a plant diet now and I don't have to give it much thought.

Love everything about Soulara

Loving the new menu. The stir fry with tofu is one of my favourite. I have been ordering triples of it! The sauce is delicious and I like that it is not sugary. Can’t believe the kombuchas are sugar free either.

The best thing about Soulara meals for me was that I had meals ready to go as soon as I was hungry

Soulara helped stop me from reaching for unhealthy snacks or just eating whatever I could get my hands on. I also found having ready made meals a big time saver. I usually make lunch for work the night before (the last thing I feel like after a busy day), but as I didn't need to worry about that I went to bed earlier than usual, giving me more energy during the day. I found the kombucha was also a great way to satisfy my afternoon cravings for something sweet and a much healthier way of doing so than the usual cake or chocolate that can be found around the office. The Isle of Kali Bircher Pudding was another nice sweet treat and of the savoury options the Kund Pao Brussel Sprouts with Tofu and the Sunkissed Pesto were my favourites.. I thought the portion size was very good.

Meal Plan(s)12 Meals per Week

So glad that my friend recommended me Soulara

My friend was raving about how good Soulara is and strongly recommended me to try their meals and next thing I was ordering their meals. They look as good IRL as they do on their website or social and taste even better. It’s crazy how much more energy I have. Didn’t realise how much my meat heavy diet was weighing me down. I’ve lost a bit of weight too.

Would NOT recommend

Regret ordering a week’s worth of meals. I’m finding the food either bland or revolting (especially the Gaia cakes - ugh!). Curries are disappointingly low on vegetables for a plant-based service. The copious amount of plastic was also of huge concern, as was Soulara’s failure to address fake reviews. There are better options out there and I won’t be ordering Soulara again.

Meal Plan(s)9 Meals per Week

Does Soulara help with weight loss

what additives, if any, do you use?
is anyone there to answer my question about additives?

I have noticed that there are literally dozens of suspiciously over zealous, over positive, over written reviews of this product and all reviewers have one thing in common ...... they are all first time reviewers. I smell false positive reviews. Such a pity there's no way productreview.com.au can filter out the bogus reviews done by fake positive review accounts. It's just so obvious what Soulara are doing to bump up their star rating on here. I'm about to try the food for convenience but I'm really disappointed to see fake reviews and this has made me suspicious of the company. Is there anybody out there with more than 20 reviews, who has not just started up their account in 2019 who can give me HONEST, GENUINE feedback on this food and the company ????????
Ok this is my honest opinion. I am not paid for leaving it. So for me that was the biggest NO ever. Although the customer service is not bad in the way they communicate with you quite effectively the problem is they don’t take responsibility for not delivered products or even all boxes. Well maybe I said wrong... they take responsibility in the way they will credit it (after 5-10 days !!) but of you order food and you wait for over 1 week for first delivery you don’t really want credit you want food. So I ordered twice and !!!! Twice not delivered ;) and the best is I got exactly the same story .. which would be fine if not fact I gave them another chance one year after first disaster. So if you want my opinion. If you don’t care if your food was delivered or not go for it and try it, if you want to buy from the company you can trust that your effort of eating healthy, lose weight or whatever is your goal and you expect every week your fridge won’t be empty go and do your business somewhere elseThankyou ! I ended up using The Organic Kitchen here in Melb. I got a bad feeling about this company and didn’t like the ‘no phone number’ thing. If they can put a person on a chat screen they can put them on a switchboard. It seemed too sales focused for me and the clearly fake positive reviews were the deal breaker. Thanks for your answer !!!Yeah, all the glowing, positive reviews sound like they've been pre-written by the same writer. Pretty confident they are all FAKE REVIEWS. And to think I was about to order a subscription from them. For a company to be dishonest like this, it has put me off. I think I'll just stick to preparing my own vegan meals.

Soulara