Listing monitored by Soulara

• Timely DeliveryYes (237) · No (28)

Steve Fuller
Steve FullerSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’m loving the variety and it tastes amazing!

I’ve been on the meal plans for 1 week now and i absolutely love it! They’re fresh, so tasty and my days of hours of meal prep on a Sunday are long gone, I love it. There is so much variety and I haven’t had a meal I don’t like. The transition to a plant based diet has never been so easy and enjoyable. I already feel better from cutting out meat and dairy from my diet and it’s only week 1.

Threw mine out

Timely DeliveryYes
Happy vegan customer
Happy vegan customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tasty and convenient vegan meals!

I love soulara! All the meals are delicious and there are lots of different options. I've been vegan for 15+ years and I'm so happy there is an affordable vegan meal service now. Not having to cook has made my life so much easier.

Gloria SSoulara

Hi and thank you for this awesome feedback! We love that we can contribute in making life easier for you and that you're enjoying the meals!

Dominic G.
Dominic G.South East Queensland, QLD

Beware - painful to deal with!!

Timely DeliveryNo

Meals too small

The food is tasty and healthy but the problem is the portion size. We’re not big eaters and are fit and healthy but seriously, the size the size of the meals was way too small. We were eating two meals each, just to make up a plate. Disappointed and we’ve cancelled our trial subscription.

Helen D
Helen DSydney

Most horrible company to ever deal with

Keep sending my orders on the wrong days, to the wrong addresses. Really painful when you've planned your week around having meals delivered - isn't that the point that it's supposed to be convenient? Especially during Covid when I'm trying to avoid being in public places. I've spent literally hours on 'chat' to their customer assistants trying to find out where my order is and when it will be delivered. I've had whole packages go to waste because they've delivered it on the wrong day and I haven't been at home (e.g. going away for the weekend). I've wasted food and money. SO disappointed. There is no customer support number to call so you're literally stuck with trying to sort this out over chat. Would definitely AVOID.

Hello Helen,

I apologise greatly for this! Are you able to send an email to support@soulara.com.au so that our senior team can have a look into this for you?

Food made me ill.

I was so excited about this product and ordered 2 weeks in advance. On day 4,my husband and I both became seriously ill after eating their risotto. When I requested to cancel my second week's order,I was told that it is too late and they can't refund me and worst of all,I need to pass the food on to someone so that it does not go to waste! Why on earth would I give food that made me seriously ill to someone else?? Very disappointing!

Meal Plan(s)15 Meals per Week
Darrin
DarrinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent meals. You have to pay deliver though $10

Really nice meals, super healthy and tasty with plenty of options. Was a little disappointed with the delivery fee however. It would be more appealing not to be paying that.

Donna beveridge
Donna beveridge Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love this food

Totally enjoy these meals, fresh, convenient, affordable and great variety of flavours/ textures.
I love the fact they are fresh and not frozen. I had to freeze some due to lockdown and was impressed they came up nicely after being frozen.

Hello Donna,

Thank you so much for this amazing feedback! We are so glad the meals are working out perfectly for you!

Has Two food enhancers

I bought the meals after researching if they contained MSG / food enhancers or not and mostly indicated that it didn't. They obviously back pedaling on their original post and now add 2 flavour enhancers on every one of the 21 meals I purchased. They don't disclose on FAQ and make it soooooo hard to find out. how can a company who makes negative public claims on msg suddenly start adding them to their own food make a buck? You need to be more transparent. Check out my screen shot

Meal Plan(s)18 Meals per Week
Kate B.
Kate B.Sydney, NSW

Watery and terrible UX

I thought it was great when I FINALLY got the site to work, but the food is so watery, every meal. A lot of it tastes same same and makes me feel very sick afterwards.

It’s also incredibly buggy and they aren’t able to fix the issues. I couldn’t login via mobile and months ago was told to ‘just use desktop’, which, to be fair, worked briefly. Then I was kicked out of my account due to a glitch and my next order didn’t arrive.

Zero convenience for watery, sub-par food.

Amanda
AmandaSydney, NSW

Best quality meal prep compared to others on the market

Love my Soulara meals, far better than other brands like Youfoodz, my muscle chef etc that I have tried. Delivery was on time and provided updates. The ice blocks inside stay cold all day even out of the box. Yes it is a lot of packaging but soft plastic went in redcycle, cardboard in recycling and plastic containers in recycling, found it easier than other brands which make it difficult to recycle the packaging.

Gloria SSoulara

Thank you so much for this amazing feedback Amanda!

We are glad to hear you are enjoying the meals and recycling or reusing the packaging as needed!

Soulara filled a huge gapping hole in the food provision industry

Gloria SSoulara

Appreciate the positive feedback Naomi and happy to read that our meals also resonates well with your family. The Chilli Sin-Carne is an in-house favourite too! Thank-you.

Naomi
Naomi
BrookPerth, WA

They are lying about ingredients

Received my meals and was reading the listed ingredients on the packaging and found that most of the meals are full of preservative 223, along with food enhancers, colouring which are all not listed on the website which is deceitful as there is no way I would have ordered food if I was aware. Food was disgusting anyways! Left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth, overpriced processed junk. Waste of 155 dollars. Have contacted company to ask why they are lying about ingredients and have received no reply or refund. Shame!!

• +2Thumbnail
Brook

Very convenient for mid week meals

Only just started my subscription but so far have been really impressed by the taste and size of the meals. I imagine it cant be easy to come up with universally agreeable and varied meat free recipies. Its been great to have in the fridge for busy days/nights and mix it in with own cooking. Living alone it saves food wastage too. It would be good if the box and ice packs could be collected and recycled in future, but understand the limitations.

Read more reviews - page 2

Judy M.
Judy M.asked

Hi, I would love to try Soulara, but you dont deliver to my suburb of Glanville SA 5015. You seem to deliver to all the other suburbs in this postcode. Could you please advise when you may include Glanville? Thanks, Judy

Gloria SSoulara

Hi Judy, thank you for reaching out to us and we hope you're well! We have passed this on to our couriers to show demand in the area and will let you know once we begin delivering to your region. Can you please DM us your email address so we can base with you when we do?

Dave
Daveasked

What is Soulara doing to:

- Fix tiny portion sizes?
- Offer better food (taste & presentation)?
- Not use any plastics or foil in the packaging?

I'd love a service that provided proper meals, and didn't cost the Earth (double meaning intended!)

Fired Up
Fired Up

What?

Hi David,

I hope you are well and thank you kindly for sharing your thoughts.
Your feedback is incredibly important to us and the team have taken these into consideration.
We have increased some of our meals portion sizes to 400 grams, however, we appreciate that each individual requires more or less. This is in review to ensure that we can further maximise our customer's experience.

In terms of the taste and presentation of our food, our production team are working closely with our local Australian suppliers, expert nutritionists and QA officer during these uncharted times to ensure we continue to use fresh ingredients and produce high-quality meals. We also aim to review our menu on a fortnightly basis and upload a new meal every 2 weeks.

The team also appreciate your concerns regarding the use of plastic in our packaging. We use biodegradable packaging that can be recycled, placed with your general waster, or composted. The containers are 90% biodegradable which means that over time all the packaging decomposes except for 10% of the inorganic plastic material. We try to minimise the impact the use of plastic has by using BPA free, directly recyclable plastic manufactured through a 30% cleaner process than other methods. We are actively looking into phasing out our plastic packaging in the coming months and switching over to even more biodegradable alternatives.

Thank you again for taking the time to send through your questions.

Andy
Andy

@Fired Up, what could you possibly not understand about the review?

Birsen F.
Birsen F.asked

Does Soulara help with weight loss

Gloria SSoulara

Soulara meals are nutritionist designed. With satiating fibre, plant protein, healthy fats, and low GI carbohydrates, Soulara meals can assist you in meeting your weight loss goals and maintaining a healthy weight with ease.

Get an answer from our members and Soulara representatives

CategoryFood Delivery Services