Spectra Baby

2.1

NLC
NLC

Expensive parts required frequently

No suction. Disappointing customer service.

No suction after 2.5weeks of use only (pumping 3 times a day) with a brand new S2 pump despite the product and the parts were maintained in line with instructions in the manual.

Contacted the customer service. While they were very responsive in a timely manner, I was pretty much advised to order a new device again without any acknowledgement of this inconvenience, or offer of any kind of support or service to help investigate and resolve it.

Plus, I will have to toss away all the parts that I have ordered to get it up and running again.

I’d have expected more for customer service from a company which regards their standards highly.

Unable to repair personal pumps outside of warranty

Product is great, customer service is responsive via email however they are unable to repair pumps after the warranty period is over. My S9+ pump is 2yrs and 1 month old, and the internal battery has stopped working. Not only are they unable to offer me a paid repair (i.e. I pay for the repair myself), there is no way to repair the pump as parts are not made available from the manufacturer. What a waste of money, disposable e-waste. Do not purchase.

Chandni Khera Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service

Kate
KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad customer service

Customer service is terrible and parts are not made to last. Back flow protector broke after a few weeks use and customer service said it was accidental damage without asking how it happened. Spent almost $400 on this pump and they wouldn’t even send me a part worth a few dollars as a gesture of good will. Don’t buy a spectra pump, it’s not worth it if something goes wrong.

DaniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not even worth one star

They r totally rude and have no compassion for their customers they take ur money but won't help their customers won't be recommending this product any more to any of the new mum I see every day in my job I will recommend other brands at least they have better customer service

Dani

Yeah but why block customer on Facebook when they r asking questions that is rude and poor customer service

Dani

That customer service is non exist with a company that big I think ur team need more training on empathy and understanding and compassion

Product is okay, customer service is disgusting

Ordered in their online sale, website kept glitching, then still received an email that I’d left items in my cart, leading me to question whether my order was finalised. Checked my bank and had been charged twice so I emailed immediately to advise of the double payment and request it be rectified.

Instead I was advised two pumps (at $300+ Each) had been posted to me. Now if I want a refund I’m told I need to pay the return post ($25) and it will be less their original postage costs, so I’m going to be out of pocket $50 for their system error. Instead of any apology or offers from the company I’ve received disgusting customer service which has left me in tears as they continue to refuse to accept any responsibility.

Demetra C.
Demetra C.Sydney, NSW

The WORST customer service

The pump itself is great, the accessories however are of low quality. My accessories stopped working within 1 week of use.... $390 pump, and for the accessories to stop working within a week is completely unacceptable.

I then attempted to let the team at spectra know... worst mistake I ever made. They did not care at all and told me my parts needed replacing AFTER A WEEK OF USE. You can not get through to them over the phone, so the number is completely useless and they will only talk to you via email.

I ended up purchasing the parts from Amazon as it was much cheaper and faster and there was no way I was going to give these insensitive thieves any more of my money.

BrisbaneGirl1990
BrisbaneGirl1990South East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy from them unless you want a broken pump they won’t repair correctly or replace.

I exclusively express so pump all my milk I feed to my baby. Bought my S2 in December last year. By March it had already lost suction. I sent it back for repair and they sent it back sounding like it was going to blow up and with a new “rattle” sound. It sounds like it’s on the brink of failing. I let them know and they have completely discounted my concerns even though they market this pump as absolutely quiet. They haven’t responded to me and are ignoring me so I’ve now lodged a complaint to OFT. Absolutely disgusting. I would recommend an Eonian or a Freemie instead. Don’t waste your money. They are absolute thieves!

Alan N
Alan NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dishonest Business

**DO NOT PURCHASE** Do not support this business, they are dishonest and should be listed as a scam. They refuse to honour returns or warranty claims. When the pumps work they are great, but as soon as there's a fault this business ignores your messages until you get the ACCC or Fair Trading involved.

Spend your money elsewhere and support a business that has after sales support and cares about its customers. I will be honest and say I read the reviews here and thought it wouldn't happen to me.

John V
John VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service and no warranty

I wanted to return a brand new product (S1 pump) after having pregnancy complications.
There was no response from Spectra. After sales and their return / warranty policies are shown on the website which they do not follow.

They blatantly lie when ACCC was involved saying the item was opened when they in fact never have procession of the item to make that comment.

I would not buy from this company ever again as they do not communicate until ACCC get involved and the only way to contact them is via email.

Kenneth
Kenneth

Non existent after sales service. Do not buy from them!

Purchased item as they had 30 day return policy. Being a new parent, I wanted to make sure we had everything ready before we needed the item. After buying, decided it was not required and requested to return the product. Called, emailed, chat on Facebook (confirmed message was read), but all contact attempts were ignored.

Ended up with a Tommee Tippee pump which looks superior, is a quarter of the size and $30 cheaper!

Seems to be a pattern. Look at all the bad reviews.

Lorena
LorenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great pump but terribly designed bottles.

Steven K.
Steven K.Sydney, NSW

SCAM: won’t accept warranty claim

Purchased the S1 pump from this company the suction is very weak and the battery life decreased exponentially. I am well within my consumer rights for a refund however the business refuses to provide me with one. After multiple videos this company just keeps making excuses. I hope fair trading can resolve this so I do not need to spend my time at court dealing with this deceitful company,

Absolutely disgraceful and disgusting

KiriSydney, NSW

Horrible customer service and bad quality products