Spring Flat Plastic

Spring Flat Plastic

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

les

lesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst paint ever

not that long ago i brought a 4lt can of polycraft ceiling paint from bigw for $20 worst thing i ever did i recommend not to buy this product unless you want to waste your money i did i will never buy this brand of paint again

Purchased in January 2019 for $20.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted

tonydj

tonydj

looks good after 7 years

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $27.00.

Mel

MelAU

Looks great after 3 years.

Used low sheen interior. Painted over cream walls-2 coats of white for most walls, 2 coats on a pale mauve feature wall. Coverage was fine and small marks wash off.

Purchased in January 2016.

Stephen

StephenPerth, WA

Worst paint ever

I am a painter by trade thought I would give it a go brought $1200 worth for a job took 3 coats to cover undercoat and barely did still a bit see transparent washable not at all water and dirt marks from cleaning Windows will not clean off worst paint ever do not recommend at all

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $74.00.

Helena

Helena

Definitely would buy this product again

I spent over $200 on Dulux paint and I was not happy with my colour choice. I wanted to paint over the Dulux and decided to try Spring.

The shop assistant at Bunnings was very negative about the paint. But when I asked her if she had ever used the product, the answer was NO!

Anyway, great product. The smell was less intense than the more expensive Dulux paint.

Thanks to those people that took the time to review Spring paint on here. It was your feedback that helped me to decide whether to try this product.

Purchased in June 2019 for $14.95.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really thin and runny, so many coats needed.

We bought this product because it was cheap. Not surprisingly it's cheap because it's hopeless. We were painting over patterned wallpaper and previously painted camel coloured plasterboard. After five coats on one section of wall the pattern still shone through and we weren't sure another couple would cover it completely. Since 7+ coats was going to be ridiculous we went and bought Haymes flat ceiling white which required two coats in total.
All up we estimated that we'd have spent the same amount on paint but using Spring would take 3-4 times longer to apply.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $51.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted

Johnny Gee

Johnny GeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pleasantly Surprised

I was a bit suspicious of this paint to begin with so I used it on the interior of a wardrobe to see how it would go. It did seem to be a little thinner and runnier than the Haymes paint that I had used previously, but thicker than I expected for the price. Overall it seemed surprisingly good. I don't know how it will last, but at this stage I would definitely buy it again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $14.48.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted and Wood

Steve

SteveBrisbane

As good as any paint I've used over the last 30 years

Bought this (actually the low sheen) for $50 for 10 litres at bunnings. Can't complain at all as only required two coats to paint a white over quite a deep purple. Thought i'd need three coats but two was fine. Part of first coat was done in taubmans until I ran out, then spring next to it. Could not pick the difference in application or once dry. Very happy customer.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Jen Maree

Jen MareeWentworth Falls

Very smelly, strange light reflection

I used this paint briefly and then stopped as I had a headache and was feeling nauseous, even though the room was well ventilated. The finished walls were a good white, but the paint has a strange non-reflective quality, kind of powdery, hard to describe. It’s worth it to me to buy a more expensive paint, low or zero voc.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Review collected in partnership with Spring Flat Plastic

brookelwebb

brookelwebbBundaberg

Such a good paint

I would give this paint 10 stars if I could. Love using it. . It doesnt lift if i happen to accidentally go back over it while im painting other parts of the wall if its still wet. . I didnt think itd be any good for the price, but its Fantastic!!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

TarielleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great paint for a great price

To me paint is paint is paint. I know a lot of people will argue with that and claim that to get a great finish you have to use Dulux or some other premium brand. Guess who makes the Spring paint - yep Dulux. I will not spend a fortune on paint, never have and never will. I used the Spring paint on my ceiling and walls. I had it color tinted to what I wanted and I got a great finish. It rolled on really nicely, no problems at all. It's been on my walls and ceiling now for a few months and looks great. I have my whole house to paint later this year and I will use this paint again. If you want to save some money then this is the paint to get.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

perfect for vermiculite ceiling

vermiculite ceilings take litres of paint to cover. This is the perfect paint because of the quantities used and price point. We have sprayed it on as well as rollered after a prep coat of bondcrete, 60litres later, the unit ceilings are covered. I would recommend this product. I've used several ceiling paint brands before, mostly premium. I wouldn't use it on a flat ceiling because it would require more coats to get right.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jeff

JeffIpswich

Worst experience ever painting.

Would have to be the worst paint I have ever used in my life. I had a small area downstairs to repair from a leaking shower above. Did all the prep. I thought rather than just repairing the small area I would paint the whole ceiling, it hadn't been done since we moved in 18 years ago. I explained to the lady at Bunnings what i was doing and she said one coat is all that it should need. Well I did one coat on Saturday and was shattered, I thought i could no longer paint. Went to bed and thought well another coat should do the job. How wrong was I. I have just wasted the last 2 days painting and my ceiling looks worse than when I had a water damaged ceiling.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

nat75

nat75AU

Don't waste your time or energy!

The paint looks like watery craft glue, selling my house just wanted to freshen up the main walls doesn't cover anything not even a finger print.
Would have to be the worst paint on the market I don't know how anyone could rate it more than 1 star. Will be returning it to Bunnings for sure.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
hengeo

hengeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

For what I paid for it, it's actually worth the price

I purchased this for a new house, looks half decent, coverage is definitely better than others. As a comparison i used Taubmans with microban for the ensuite and bathrooms and need to do at least 3 coats in total. For Spring I got away with 1 undercoat and 1 with the flat plastic. Happy with my spend and happy with the finish and happier for what I paid price wise!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jayjay

JayjayMelbourne

Great as a ceiling paint

We purchased Taubmans ceiling paint and it was terrible, no coverage. Purchased this product for the ceiling and its great. Cornice needs 3 coats but otherwise it has been great. We also painted the entire garage in it. Better than top brands.
Would definitely recommend. Worth a try for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Jackee

JackeeNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Almost translucent and took 4 coats.

KevCol

KevColPerth, Australia

Not much different to paint 6x the price

Josie

JosieAdelaide

Great paint

Good quality ceiling paint for my room. Put another coat after 1st coat dried and it looks perfect. Cheap n does the job. Dries fast and smell is bit strong but goes away in 2nd day. So far so good. Easy to apply.I will purchase more..im happy. Thanks alot great

Stan M

Stan MSydney

Best value paint on the market

After doing some research i took a punt on this paint.

Found it to be good, with better than average coverage, and workability.

I used it to paint and spray a 600sqm building and it did the job well.

Worth noting this product is made for Bunnings by Dulux, has the same colour range as the Dukux colours, and as long as you can use a white base, and was only reduced to this price to fend off Masters.

The 4litre can was $11.90, but just moved up 5%. This product was $33.90 before Masters opened. I think it is on the way back up.

Bunnings staff do a good job of trying to convince you not to buy it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Marty

Martyasked

Can Spring Flat Plastic be used to paint New Born Baby Crib.

Helen D.

Helen D.asked

I would like an honest answer from an experienced tradesman comparing Spring paint with Dulux or Taubmans paint.
What is the benefit of Spring Flat Plastic compared to Dulux etc.
I have been told Spring is made up of chalk and talcum powder !!!
I want a quality paint that will stand up to grandchildren fingers etc and I don't want to be painting again for many years.
Please advise as existing painter insists on Spring Paint saying to trust him it is the best though we asked for Dulux brand
Julia

Zed R.

Spring is made by Dulux for Bunnings (just as British Paints is also made by Dulux) and had its price reduced to make life hard for Masters. I have had other painters tell me all sorts of things about Spring but when asked if they have tried it, the answer is usually ‘no, but this guy I know said.....’
So I tried it and used the enamel to spray paint my own kitchen cabinets. Guess how many comments I got on the beautiful finish and which paint I used. I just answer them with, ‘you would faint if I told you how much this specialty paint costs and you can only buy it from one supplier’
All I can suggest is for such a cheap price try it at least for the first coat. If you don’t like it use another brand for the final coat. It’s already saved you money using it as an intermediate coat.
Please don’t forget shortcuts have no place in finishing. If the product says prime/undercoat and 2 coats of paint, do what it says. Listen to the manufactures advice, not ‘this guy I know’
Remember Australian standards for paint is a 3 coat system.

Benson

Bensonasked

How long will the Spring Interior / Exterior Acrylic Semi Gloss paint last?

Tarielle

I have used it to paint doors and have had no problems. I expect it to last as long as any other gloss paint.

Zed R.

Depends on the situation. Outdoors lasts less than indoors. In the sun lasts less than in the shade, exposed to moisture last less than dry.
Key point is, repaint before the paint turns chalky or blisters and peels.
Rule of thumb is repaint every 5 to 7 years but keep in mind those points made above.

Gordon

In my opinion it would come down to the quality and types of binders, pigments, additives and Biocides used. So due to its price range, I would suspect not a long lasting product and also an unhealthy choice.