Squirrel

Squirrel

See the Best SMSF / Small Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Squirrel

1.7
  • Rates and Fees
SadCustomer888
SadCustomer888Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute dog of a business

They lie, steal and everything takes too long. It has taken them over 3 years to close out my SMSF with them. They didn't complete any audits, my ABN was cancelled by the ATO and now I'm under investigation by the ATO because of Squirrel's malpractice. If I could afford too, I would sue them. They should be shut down. They are well known to be scammers.. Why are they allowed to trade?

Anthony
AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AVOID!!! Fraudulent, appalling company. Trading while insolvent.

Client of 2 years. Signing up was smooth. No communication from Squirrel following signup. First sign of problems was a call from an Auditor claiming that Squirrel had forged documents for the ATO and that my SMSF had not in fact been audited as claimed. A few google searches shows they have been in administration but have continued to charge their customers. Office is closed. Impossible to speak to anyone by phone. Email communication is returned by essentially blames the client for their own failure.

One of the Worse Companies in this Country

Worse experience of our lives, most unprofessional company my wife and I have ever dealt with.
Bad communication, never return emails or calls,
Were quick to take fees off us but would never comets what was promised.
Please stay away from this company.
They should not be allowed to operate.
Nasty emails and not helpful at all.
They advertised on social media to gain customers, but obviously took too many onboard and got greedy.
Very incompetent company.
Please stay away from them.

Evan W.
Evan W.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't even consider them

Matt
MattSydney, NSW

An absolute joke of a company

Absolutely scammers and incompetent! Don't do it.

Was with them 2 years. Paid a bit to set up my account, they were great until they got me on the books. Then I was charged $50pw for them to do NOTHING. I kept getting fines from ATO and ASIC every year because they never did my annual review/audit!! Totally slack. I tried to part ways with them but they had some excuse as to why I had to wait until end of financial year. Then I wised up, called by bank, and got them totally blocked so they cannot debit my account any longer. They were none the wiser!

Samuel D
Samuel DSydney, NSW

I wish i never used them

Used Squirrel since 2017, and during that time they have: breached the privacy of clients, accessed funds without my approval, and making things hard to wind up fund.

They never commit to a timeframe. Always say they are really busy repeatedly ask for information i have provided.

Their system reports the wrong figures, and they had to redo my returns multiple times due to errors, including putting the names of other funds and fund members on my documents.

The 18/19 return was lodged only within the last few weeks, and when i raise issues they go what issues!

STAY AWAY from this company - i wish i did!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Sam L
Sam L

Confused and lost!

I only found out what happened to this company 2 weeks ago from this link: https://www.icaresmsf.com.au/free-transfer-from-squirrel/
Squirrel finished my smsf return only up to 2017 but the new administrator I appointed last week said the 2018 has been lodged with a tax agent and auditor I never knew! What happened? So confusing!

Gary
GaryHunter Region, NSW

Discusting

I’m in the same boat as everyone else. They seem to be not in business anymore. Where do we go from here ? Where do we start ? The taxation department gave me an extension on the overdue lodgements but weren’t very helpful on knowing where to go from here.
Help

Incompetent and useless.

Stevan
StevanSydney, NSW

007 scammers

I set up my sms with these people. Accomodating at first, and then the asic overdue amounts started to appear in the mail. You tell them what the problem is and they tell you they are on to it. The overdue notifications stop for a little while and then they start a few months later. We Aussie are being ripped by all these establishments. ATO and asic. They to are complicit in the forgery.

Scammers

Completely incompetent, squirrel will set you up and take your money. That’s where it stops they will not complete any further obligations and will not answer phones and emails will bounce . How the bloody hell the ATO hasn’t shut them down is beyond me . Run from them .

Rob
RobPerth, WA

Completely incompetent where it counts

Squirrel will take a monthly fee and not deliver an annual tax return. Their compliance department is slow and incompetent. Heed the warnings within these reviews, do not use this service. You will find far better administrators elsewhere!

Jordan and family
Jordan and familyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Squirrel Alternative

Just Superfund offer affordable fixed price tax administration and unlike Squirrel dont charge until after the job has been completed.

They also answer the phone and reply to emails. Highly recommend. Justsuperfund.com.au

Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW

Squirrel - are they in business?

I have had the same issues as plenty of other reviews, no submission of stat accounts etc and fees coming out and payments to ATO which not even sure were made.
Emails are now bouncing back and website can't be acccesed but they are still taking fees out of account.
Does anyone know how we can go about 1) getting our information from them 2) any class action going on 3) any reputable fund management they are now using to transfer.